Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Modern Supernatural Interest Check

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Modern Supernatural Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Wed May 29, 2013 4:31 pm

Hey guys, I had an idea I wanted to share with you to see if anyone is interested. I’ve been trying to find an urban fantasy RP that appealed to me and having trouble, so I thought I would take a crack at starting my own.

A handful of college age humans move into, you guessed it, a cabin in the woods. I was thinking they could be doing a year long field biology internship, or perhaps they’re recently graduated and decided to take a year off for themselves, or its some kind of community service thing.

The town is perfectly normal, but the forest is not. Things from legends live in the forest. I was thinking specifically werewolves, but if there is a general consensus for something else, I am open to ideas.

I want this to be more on the dark side, so these aren’t going to be cuddly love bugs that just want to be understood. They’re feral, primal, but intelligent. They’re looking for prey, mates, maybe just toys.

I don’t have an end-line here, I want this to be primarily character driven. Anyone interested?
Last edited by silverclawedmouse on Fri May 31, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Re: Modern Supernatural Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fadded on Wed May 29, 2013 6:27 pm

I would be interested. :3. I am not sure if I'd be up for a huge group role-play, but if you want to try a one on one, I am all for it. I like werewolves but I can also come up with a bunch of other creatures that are on the dark side. I have a humanoid spider race I want to flesh out more in detail and figure the best way to understand my own creation better is to play it lol. No, it is not a spider bodied creature with 8 legs. They look human for the most part bu their personalities and habits... are far from it. For instance, cannibalism is a common thing for these guys and such and the Black Widows love a good playmate before they try and eat them.

Hell I could come up with something just for this role-play to. :3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fadded
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sathandra on Wed May 29, 2013 11:22 pm

I'm assuming you've watched the TV show Supernatural? Maybe you could take some of their darker creatures and make them your own, like the windigo or something. I'm pretty interested in your idea so far though.

"If I have learned anything about life and love, it is that they are tenuous things that can end at any moment. Caution is essential- but not at the cost of wasting your life."

Sathandra
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Thu May 30, 2013 1:48 am

I actually just got into it, so Im not really familiar with their lore and bestiary yet. Thats a good idea though. I hadn't thought about it, but maybe the show Supernatural and the show Teen Wolf mixed in my head and just didn't bother to let me know. Supernatural does tend to kill people off very quickly though, from what I've seen, and I'd like our characters to survive a bit longer. I'm not a huge fan of ghosts/dead/undead, but weres, vamps, devils, demons, and other such 'solid' creatures are a'okay with me. Hell, we can even have killer yetis.

Not all of the supernaturals need to be evil, but Id like a vast majority to be chaotic and selfish. I'd like the humans to survive due to wit and sheer, dumb luck rather than the supernatural forces around them (maybe like Ruby when she is first introduced - powerful and kind of helpful, but manipulative and you dont actually know what side shes on).

Its late for me, but Ill be on tomorrow to see if there is anymore interest. If not, maybe we can start a small game with the three of us, or 1x1s or something.

Oh! Also Fadded, I read over the RP (interest? wanted? I dont remember) where you introduced your spiders. I thought they were neat, though the RP itself wasn't for me.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fadded on Thu May 30, 2013 4:59 am

Lol glad you thought the spiders were cool. And yeaaaah I was kinda figuring out what I wanted to do with plot. Still a bit up in the air but I don't mind shoving the spiders in other things to work them out better lol. Would you like me to add the spiders in the rp?

Fadded
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Thu May 30, 2013 8:44 am

Im not sure yet. I was thinking that in addition to our humans, theres a main group of 'bads' and theres also a whole bunch of other things that we can play on a semi-permanent basis. Im imagining the forest they'll be staying in is huge, but also populated by the supernatural. Civilization is expanding, society is filling in the cracks, and old world things are left with fewer and fewer places to live. Territories start to overlap, fights break out, and our poor humans are caught in the middle.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sathandra on Thu May 30, 2013 10:02 am

Oh have you ever seen the series Lost Girl, I think that it may have some elements that you're looking for and we could pull some of their creatures and shape them the way we would like them. I would be up for a 1x1x1 though.

Sathandra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Thu May 30, 2013 4:33 pm

Ohhh... Lost girl is a great idea. You guys are giving me great ideas, I'm not sure which one to pick, or which parts to put together.

So, humans move into the cabin for a period of time. Find out there are Seelie/Unseelie courts that contain the supernatural, along with other factions that don't owe their allegiance to either side. While there is turmoil, everyone is trying to survive in the rapidly changing world. And hell... if you need to eat human hearts to live its no worse than humans eating cows.

I just dont want the supernatural turmoil to take center stage, its more of a background to drive the supernatural characters to bug the humans. The story should stay focused on them.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fadded on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:16 pm

What are Seelie and unseelie courts? I have never seen Lost Girl or anything.

Fadded
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sathandra on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:00 am

Basically good and bad fae with their own laws and rulers

Sathandra
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!