Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Moonwings Dolling Corner

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Moonwings Dolling Corner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:44 pm

Hello hello hello!

For those of you who do not know what dolling is. Let me clarify

This is NOT a doll.

The below are dolls, a doll is created by saving a base (a hairless, unclothed cartoon body template) and using a computer art program to draw clothing, hair, accessories, backgrounds, and in some cases a face onto it.

Her'es a few of my better ones, btw *cough* I do requests....

lol

Base provided by BunnyStick Originally meant to be a tragic pic, but I got suckered into rich colors and capes >.>'

Base provided by Apitchou Orhid Hippies are so fun to draw...

Base provided by BunnyStick I like how the background came out. Character doll

Base provided by Wonderful View With minor edits (tone changes, fangs added, etc.) by me. A request doll

ImageImageImage
Bases by Precious Pixels, self portraits, casual, work uniform, and pjs ^^

Base provided by Wonderful View With minor edits (tone change, minor face edits) by me. She is a banshee character of mine, I'm working on making a story about her.

Base provided by Doll on the Hill Factory. This one still makes me smile, she was made for a contest themed 'Dessert fairy'

Bases by Precious Pixels, This is Lawrence, a fantasy character of mine. I think he looks just too darn cute here!

Base provided by Shouri (No link, this is an old doll and the site is gone) its Lawrence (Not the same as above, I just like that name >.>') a Prince character of mine.

Base by Shouri. I don't like the way the dress came out on this doll, but it still makes me laugh, adn Ralana told me to post it ^^

Base provided by Wonderful View Another character doll. LOVE how her dress came out.

Base provided by Watermelon Bubblegum this was so much fun to doll...

Base provided by If Looks Could Kill LINK!!! Yes, Zelda fangirl here ^^ This doll won a contest. Surprised?

Base provided by If Looks Could Kill Link as a cop ^^ For a modern zelda fanfic I'm working on.

Base provided by If Looks Could Kill I like this character.

Base link unknown >.>''' Those ringlets look too much like dreads...
Last edited by Moonwing on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(\ /)
( . .)
c(")(")
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Looking for something fun, epic, and literally fantastical? Come join up with
Xiwe - a Medieval Fantasy Adventure

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Moonwing
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Moonwings Dolling Corner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ralana on Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:56 pm

Hehehe, three of those are my characters/ requests by me. I leave it up to those here to guess which ones. lol.
STAR WARS

Motti: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the rebels' hidden fortress...

[Vader makes a pinching motion and Motti starts choking]

Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing
American Physco

Patrick: I don't think we should see each other.

Evelyn: But your friends are my friends and my friends are your friends. I don't think it would work. You have a little something...

Patrick: I know that your friends are my friends and, uh... I thought about that. You can have'em.

Patrick: There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ralana
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:00 pm

These are awesome!

You better watch it. I'm going to overrun you with requests. >_>

And Rachel! I guessed them in the chat!!

-keeps them secret-
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:17 pm

Alright that first one with the girl in red with blond hair...that freaked me out when I saw it. Me and my friend Akishra are doing an RP and those two match our characters like almost perfect...I mean our characters are even in love...I came on here after posting in that thread and I was like AHHHHHH!!! It's our characters!!!!! I thought it was pretty cool. XD Anyways great work!!
Image Image Image Image

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:48 pm

OMG I LOVE YOUR AVATAR

-ZELDA FREAK-

>_>

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:11 am

More dolls.

Lacy: Why?

Me: The moon men made me.

Lacy : ....

Me: WHAT? It's a reason!

((((For you uneducated mortals, Lacy WAS my imaginary friend when I was younger, and now she's just an imaginary persona who I refer to as my muse, and whom I bounce ideas off of in my head. She's sarcastic, pessimistic, a talented artist and works for the mob as a contract killer. And no, that last part wasn't in there when I was six. lol)))

Base by Shouri, her name is Tiel, and she's an old fantas character of mine, now that I've got her history figured out, I think I might play her again, she was fun.

Base by BunnyStick Don't ask what's going on in this picture, it just sort of appearsed. Just....don't ask.

Base by Doll on the Hill Factory I like how mysterious she looks, and how the falcon came out.

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:27 am

Well, if you take requests, just because I'm curious as to how they'd come out...

The Dark Man

And Zhelir, my most beloved of my characters. Zhelir is 6'2, has shaggy, ear-length jet black hair, wears a very old leather jacket, and is usually adorned in jeans, combat boots (none of this fagly tucked-in stuff, his jeans go over the boots like they ought to) and a black t-shirt. I don't know how much skin will be showing, but if it factors in, his build is medium-sized, but with extremely compacted muscle. He is a heavy chain-smoker, carries a pair of .454 Casull semi-automatic pistols, has black irises, thin lips, a light dusting of facial hair, other than a goatee that is fully grown in, and is generally not a very happy person.

Best of luck.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:45 pm

Zhelir sounds like a more mature version of Ryan in a lot of ways! lol I shall have them up ASAP but.....permission to doll the "Dark Man" Without the hat? *points at doll of dude in dress* I'm horrible at hats!

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:27 pm

Zhelir
and here he be, I hope I did everything right...

The DArk Man will be a tad longer, my art program's been goofing up

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:57 am

Oh wow, Moon! That's awesome. The detail in the coat and jeans are really good. I may have to make a couple requests here soon. =/

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:12 am

The dark man. FINALLY!

>.> no excuses for taking so very very long..... but is here now!

And some more! For your eye candy pleasure

Base by Rainy Day I love how cute and simple this one is.

Base by Doll Kat (Edits by me) BOW DOWN BEFORE THE SEXY AWESOMENESS OF CAPTAIN TERREL!

Base by Apitchou Orchid A request

Base provider unknown This is Dahren (the dude in the pic above) before and after his transformation to the evil forces

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:54 pm

Because I found the base and wanted to doll on it.

So there. Base by Rainy Day

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:41 am

Base by Crap Box

Base by Rainy Day. Its Jason, my cop character. The words are a paraphrase of a conversation he had about human nature. I gave the poor guy a kind of a sad recent history.

Base by if looks could kill. This is an edited doll. there was something amuck with his shirt before, I'm pleased with it now though, so here I am flaunting it.

Base by Rainy Day. Not much to say about this. It came out looking far too anime =( I think I pulled the windswept off okay though.

Base by if looks could kill. I like his hair better in the one above, but I think I once again pulled the wind off okay

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:59 pm

Base by bunnystick. Two characters, theres a funny story behind this one but its kind of an inside joke.

Base by Rainy Day, its my character, Captain Sarah Fields. Pirateyness-without-cliche-add-ons forever!

Base by Rainy Day. Captain Etari, an original Star Trek character. I didn't want to post this picture with her profile because then people get the idea they can put in a picture instead of a description. adn nobody reads this thread anyway *sigh*

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby snow_fae on Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:48 am

<< you totally rock. <3 your dolls!
*hands you a basket of your favorite sweets* for being so kickass!

snow_fae
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:10 am

My favourite sweets are off-limits since I got braces, but I shall text-munch sour gummies anyway! *munchmunch*

Tankies ^^

Base by wonderful view
Janelle, a vampire character of mine. YOu can't see her fangs 'cause her mouth is closed, silly!

Base by Shouri. Shouri is down, and now I owe Wildstar (another doller) my life for digging this base up ^^ Character doll.

Base by crap box
Emotive Sarah. Got emotive due to emotiveness of scene I was roleplaying at the same time as drawing this. Bases are from 'Home' by Micheal Bule` tweaked by me

Base by PPKH A character request. ^^

Base by PPKH A cuter pic of Janelle

Base by paper doll decay
All hail the cat pirate! He luffles his yarn...

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:01 pm

I hunted this base high and low, you can't find it online anywhere, I mooched it off of someones computer archives, its called the La Leche Cuddle base.
Its my new character, Trevin the Dark Elf, and that girl I'm thinking is a white priestess, probably an ex-lover. I love their outfits.

Mah new magely avatar! Base by PPKH. What?? Its an avatar, adn I'm a mage. I can wear whatever the heck I want to >.>;

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:24 pm

Wow, the La Leche one is sooo lovely. Your attention to detail is astounding. How long does it take you to make one as complicated as this one?
Love,
Dovelina Ophelia Vitriana Emmeline Yvesson IV

Dovey
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwing on Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:02 am

That one took me a couple hours, mostly because I was doing a lot of things at the same time, and because her outfit took me a while to figure out, I didn't want to do a normal skirt because the folds would be so complicated because of the way her legs are. And her legging/pants things took a few redo's as well.

On a related note, so many peeps have been asking me how I make my dolls lately that I've created a sort of an explanation scrolldown here. Link

Moonwing
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!