Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mythos Rising (IC)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Mythos Rising (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirinak on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:42 pm

OOC Thread

Gabriel stood looking out over the ramparts of his fortress, observing the side of the mountain and the valley below. Formed of the living stone of the mountain the fortress was vast, descending deep into the heart of the earth. He stretched his wings and took in a deep breath, savoring the morning air. 'Ah, spring in the Rockies,' he thought, 'The best time for cleansing the soul.'

Stepping up onto the edge of the wall he leaped into the crisp air. At the peak of his jump he spread his wings and glided down to the forest below. He landed in a small clearing and strode into the forest taking in the sights and sounds of the wood. he silently wondered if any of the elves or any other creatures were about this morning.
Last edited by Kirinak on Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crush their dreams, Destroy their hopes, Break their backs.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kirinak
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Mythos Rising (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Castles were one of those things that the vale had brought back into popularity, they now littered the new and old worlds as well as the deepest corners of space. They were things that she always found oddly comforting, though it was probably her childhood in Ireland that was the root of that fondness. She sat under the huge expanses of large spruce and ash that lined the mountain side, her form hidden in the shadows by their immense bows. Next to her folded and on top of her pack is her stealth suite, on top of that sits the helmet.

Jo herself is stretched out under the tree her hands behind her head as her eyes closed gently listening to the comings and goings of the transport ships, shuttles, and training yards. She was still enjoying the cash she earned from her last assignment, and because of it her skin was flushed her features youthful and her cloths relatively new. On her feet were old fashioned leather work boots, her top was covered by what some consider nearly an archaic black cotton tank top, and over her legs were a set of faded blue jeans that for the most part were only seen in movies about the past. Other then the stealth suite at her left she looked like she had wondered in to the wrong century. Her red hair lay braided over her shoulder and along the front of her hips. Her figure very slender with a slight muscular build.. her blue eyes opened at the sound of leather wings over head. She scanned the sky for the source though the scent of the draconian told her more than her eyes could have managed. In the daylight she was half blind out of her suite, even in the shade she could see very little.
Image"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." Buddha

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirinak on Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:16 pm

Gabriel made his way through the forest towards the largest spruce in the glen, he'd found that he could see his shipyards quite well from the top of it and no one ever knew that the boss was watching. As he rounded the trunk of a large ash he caught sight of a young woman with long red hair, squinting at him from her lying position on the ground. He wondered why one would have to squint to see one as giant as he was, until the wind changed direction and he caught her vampuric scent on the breeze. He could tell by her slender build and the set of her features, not to mention her fire red hair that she was of Irish descent.

He leaned up against the ash tree and crossed his arms. In a voice like rumbling thunder spoke, "Well, good morning stranger, I've not seen you before. What, pray tell brings you to my mountain?" he asked, trying to be firm but non-confrontational. "I apologize, where are my manners, My name is Gabriel Crozius Blade, founder of Iron Hammer Industries. I take it from your attire your not one of my employees, not to mention, they know not to come this far into the valley," He continued. He looked relaxed but in all reality his old battle instincts were burning with livid fire, his muscles were drawn as tight as piano wire ready to strike if this woman made any hostile moves.

Kirinak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:13 pm

"Well, good morning stranger, I've not seen you before. What, pray tell brings you to my mountain?"

His harsh tone caused her to tense visibly as she sat up and pushed her back to the tree looking at him. She kept her feet crossed over one another and her hands slid up folding under her breast as her eyes continued to squint at him. She arched a brow looking in his general direction though all she could see was the outline of his form in the blinding light. She wasn't sure he knew what she was, so she didn't want to alert him to the fact that she couldn't see him and that she couldn't move out of the shade of the tree without the suite folded at her side.

"I apologize, where are my manners, My name is Gabriel Crozius Blade, founder of Iron Hammer Industries. I take it from your attire your not one of my employees, not to mention, they know not to come this far into the valley,"

His change in tone and demeanour caused a visible relaxation of her body, she sighed and took a deep breath in order for her to be able to speak to him in return. Her hands slipped behind her head and she closed her eyes again leaning against the tree relaxing,

"Nice ta meet ya boyo i'ds no'd evary day I ge'd ta mee'd a commander all on 'is lonesome.. or a'd leas'd the I think yar the commander around 'ere righ'd?" She opened one squinted blue eye to regard him for a moment before she spoke again cutting him off from a response, "Ehh!! ne'ar mind none of me business besides.. I'm Josephina McGregor.. people call me Jo, I'm 'ere relaxin.. I jus'd came in on a shuttle las'd nigh'd.. sooo I figure'd I'd enjoy a bi'd of the scenery before I take me nex'd job.. an yarself Commander? Wha'd brings ya all the way ou'd 'ere by yarself? Ya know.. if I was 'ired ta kill ya I'd be waitin someplace like this.. no'd tha'd I am.. bu'd ya migh'd should be a lil more careful boyo.. ne'ar know wha'd snakes are lurkin around corners." She grinned her thick Irish accent making it hard to really understand her, even in Ireland they didn't speak with such a thick old accent, her accent would place her as being rather old, though the cloths would suggest the same thing. She made no aggressive movement her hands behind her head and her feet crossed made it rather apparent she was not planning to move against him any time soon.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirinak on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:38 pm

Gabriel Smiled at her liberal use of accent and decided to to test her, Rifling through his mind he dredged up a 12 thousand year old Gaelic dialect, used exclusively by warlords of the time.

"Nashal Theradune, Jo. Nes-ido camadante est eenyo alarande cos telway to-sanda aroos, myalay serpindo nel etryed oot es-lay gol dragoon, ootbay oon hast susceendo."

He laughed quietly at her quizzical look and translated before she could reply, it was a dead language, even if you were from the motherland.
"Warmest greetings, Jo. I am the Commander, and I've been around for twelve thousand years, many snakes have tried to slay the Dragon Lord but none have succeeded." he paused taking in her reaction, then continued, "As to what I'm doing out here all by myself, I own all the land for a hundred miles around, you happen to be lying in my front yard," he said with a laugh.

He took a few long steps forward, closing the distance between the vampuric woman and himself, and unfurled his wings to block out the sun so she could see him properly. "As to the nature of your condition, you needn't worry I've ran across far worse than your particular blood descendancy in my travels." he said lightly, showing not even the slightest but of unease at what she was.

Kirinak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:56 pm

She had caught bits and pieces of his old Gaelic but truth be told she had only heard slang in her childhood and the manner in which he spoke it was far from the relaxed slang her family used many many years before. When he translated her smile widened slightly though she didn't strain her eyes against the ambient light to see him, well not until he mentioned his age. She had been mistaken, he wasn't a draconian he had to be a blooded dragon at the very least. Her eyes both opened to get a better look at him, he explained about her sitting in his front yard and she frowned looking a little uneasy at the notion of sitting on a Dragon's land, they tended towards being fiercely territorial and the idea of trespassing even unknown sat wrong with her.

When he stepped forward she leaned back slightly her body tensing as her feet uncrossed, with the extending of his wings he draped himself in shadow allowing her to see exactly what he was. Her eyes slid about his from curiously taking in the details that she could now see. His words set her teeth on edge, she didn't like the idea of anyone knowing what she was. Even his reassurances about being comfortable around her didn't seem to ease her tension at his knowledge of her kind. Though even uncomfortable she still slid a smile across her lips and peered up at him her hands continuing to rest behind her head.

"Well glad yar no'd goin ta ligh'd me on fire or somethin nice like tha'd.. I wouldn' blame ya if ya did.. besides.. yar righ'd.. a'dleas'd I’m no'd one of those bloody litches or the like.. besides.. ya don' need ta worry.. dragon blood gives me heart burn." she grinned brightly at that and winked. It was odd her white teeth showed not a single fang, it was as if they were none existent, though her scent showed she was a leach, it was rare for vampires to not have visible fangs even during the day light hours. "So ya wan' me ta leave than Lad?" Her eyes dodged over head as a huge freighter sailed slowly above them towards the castle; it was a transport vessel due for deep space and stopped here once every 3 months for RnR and restocking. Its huge form blotted out the sun and allowed her to see the world in daylight around her rather well. She relaxed visible and smiled looking up at the slowly soaring vessel.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirinak on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Gabriel observed her bright grin and smiled back, his titanium fangs glinted brightly in the sun, he mentally noted that that Jo's did not show at all. He was about to offer her a ride off his land until he noticed her stealth suit. All at once a thought occurred to him, she's a merc, she's unemployed, and shes a sneaky one.

"Actually Jo," he said pausing for effect, "I'd rather offer you a job, i could use your.... unique skills on an upcoming mission. In my orbital dock yards the largest ship ever designed is under construction, perhaps you've heard of her, she's called Parador. In addition to its construction I'm putting a team together comprised of warriors, scientists, and engineers. For now the mission is highly classified but should you accept the coin you make should be more than enough for you to live comfortably for the next fifty years."

He held out one of his tool box sized armored hands and asked, "What say you bampiro?" using the old Spanish word for vampire.

Kirinak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:04 pm

Jo arched a brow looking back at him for a moment as he spoke again, her eyes watching his expressions and the way his body moved she was analyzing every subtle muscle twitch to tell her what side was his good side what kind of weaponry he was used to wielding, and what his offer really meant. From what she could tell he was offering her a job nothing else, just a job.. she did like the sound of living comfortably for the next 50 years she was lucky if a job fed her for 6 months much less a year. 50 sounded almost too good to be true but it did catch her attention. She wondered if he understood the exact use of her skills or if he just figured she was a thief and a murderer like most vampires seemed to specialize in. Truth be told she was a Catholic thievery was not in her repituoir though killing the unrighteous was right up her alley.

His hand extended and she looked at it then to him her hands not moving from behind her head just yet. Though the reference of the name vampire in whatever language made her eyes bleed to crimson. She stood with one smooth graceful quick movement and took his hand tightly. Not as tight as his strength could muster but definitely more strength then an average human could. "A job would be nice.. please though Lad... don' ya call me a leach.. me names Jo.. I 'ate me kin an would rathar no'd be called one." Her eyes fading back to blue as she relaxed and smiled brightly. Her smile made her look all the younger her pale skin and flawless features made her look 16 at the oldest, her skin was cool to the touch; yet oddly he could feel an odd metal frame work beneath her skin like she had some sort of cyber ware hidden in her forearms and hands.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirinak on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:19 am

The internal display on Gabriel's power armor flashed a pressure reading from his gauntlet through his central nervous system, making it appear inside his retina. Five hundred pounds per square inch, not a bad grip, but not nearly as much as she had he was sure. The venerable warrior noted the flash of bloodlust in her eyes and smiled bearing his fangs slightly. The sensors in his gauntlet flashed a foreign material reading, however without his helmet on he couldn't preform a skeletal scan.

"It would seem that there is more to you than meets the eye," he said, releasing her hand. He hadn't applied any pressure to her hand for fear of crushing it, he was capable of crushing ceramite with his grip alone. It generally makes a bad impression when you turn a new acquaintance's bones into pulp. "I apologize for the vampire comment, some of my closest friends throughout time have been vampiric, and most take it as a point of pride. However i offer you this, I'll not call you by what you are if you don't call me lad, my time as a youngling passed long long ago. Call me whatever you will, just not lad, agreed?"

Without waiting for her to reply he gathered her gear under one arm and and Jo Under the other and kicked off from the ground, flapping his wings to gain altitude. He carried her to the rampart of his fortress where he was perched earlier that morning and put her down gently. "Welcome to The Aeries Sanctum, my home, and yours too as long as you wish," he said. He handed her a card and continued, "This Card will serve as your company ID, as well as your bank card so to speak. Through the keep and down the tunnel is the main city under the mountain, you'll find all manner of shops and suppliers for your, unique tastes, down there." He said, gingerly avoiding the subject of her condition, "You'll be staying in the main keep, The rules are simple, don't kill any one unless authorized, and should you need anything, simply ask. I'm a generous host until crossed. Now feel free to explore ill contact you soon," he said, handing her a vox link to fit into her ear. "I've some business matters to attend to if you'll excuse me."

Kirinak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:03 am

She grinned brightly at his observation about her being more than meets the eye, his apology caused her to relax a bit as she slid her arms across her stomach watching him curiously as he asked her not to call him Lad, "Deal erm.. Gabe." she grinned brightly deciding that Gabe was a far better replacement then other things she could imagine using. When he grabbed her gear she looked at him slightly shocked, "Now wai'd a minute.. no one touches.. me... EEH!! Wha'd ya doin!"

Jo flailed when he grabbed her; she wasn't much for being carried around like a rag doll, "EH! Blood 'ell wha'd do ya think yar doin! Le'd go of me ya o’ar grown Lizard! I'll bite yar scorper lovin face righ'd off yar FUCK!"then when he took flight she literally squeaked and buried her face against his side her nails digging into his armored skin. She curled her legs up against his back and curled in the tightest ball she could manage as she shook head to toe. When he sat her down she stumbled back a couple paces and fell on her butt looking up at him wide eyed.

Her red hair was as wild as her eyes as she looked up at him then pushed herself to her feet dusting herself off. Her looked frazzled a bit unhappy with him to say the least she was mumbling something under her breath until he mentioned the bank card. Her eyes dodged to the card he held out to her. She looked at his hand then to his face listening a bit more intently now. With a quick blurred movement she snatched the card from his fingers looking a little indignant still obviously not looking very pleased about being picked up and flown across the woods. She nodded when he said he had to leave and she picked up her gear looking at him with a bit more relaxed expression. As he turned to leave she smiled obviously beginning to forgive him for his actions. "'ave fun L... erm Gabe! I'll try no'd ta cause too much trouble!" with that a sly grin slid across her face and she turned towards the door that led to the inner keep, she was happy the huge ship had blotted out the sun, it made her feel almost normal being able to walk around out in the day time hours.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirinak on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Gabriel watched her go through the door to the spiral stair case that led to the inner keep. He sighed deeply, he had to do his inspections at the dockyards. He turned from the doorway and leaped once more from the ramparts, as the wind from his speedy descent whipped through his hair, so too did many thoughts. So far his team was far too small for the mission he wanted to undertake. He needed other specialists, more soldiers, more everything! He flared out his wings and took off like a gargantuan black bullet for the yards. Perhaps he would find who he needed at the yards.

After landing outside the perimeter fence he put on his helmet, locking the seal in place, and connecting the circuit to the rest of his armor. For a split second all was dark until his visor flashed to life, the resulting power surge causing the eyepieces in the helm to glow a menacing red. He scanned incoming ships as they landed, Starhawk freighters and Gundog Military transports seemed to be the flavor of the day. After taking a moment to gather the figures in his head, the old dragon walked into the yards, it was going to be a long day.

Kirinak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:15 pm

Nathaniel stood in front of an old building, it was boarded up, it had a for sale sign on the door. Nathaniel says to himself " This is the place, this is where I'm going to open my first restaurant. man the human world is great." Nathaniel unfolded his bright red wings and let his hair flow in the wind. Nathaniel turns to the man next to him, who was wearing a business suit and carrying a briefcase, Nathaniel says " I'll take it." The man nods to him and says " Good, well here is the paper work, all you have to do is sign and pay for it." Nathaniel signs the paper and hands the man a bag of coins. The man looks inside and says " Are these gold coins?" Nathaniel nods and the man takes out a few and says " This should cover the building, and all the other legal fees and what not, so this place is now yours." Nathaniel smiles and takes some of the boards off the place. He looks inside and says " Hm. this place will have to be cleaned, and then I'll have to buy table and chairs. maybe a few nice booths. wait before that I have to figure out what kind of restaurant I want this place to be." Nathaniel then says to the man in the suit " Could I ask for a favor, I'm going to need some help getting this place up and running would you mind giving me a hand, I can pay you." The man looks at Nathaniel and says " well, sure as long as your paying in gold." The man takes out hi cell phone and starts making calls, he tells Nathaniel " We should have this place ready to go in a few days." Nathaniel looks at the building and says " Ok,well I'll leave you to it then." The man nods and Nathaniel walks off, he heads into the hotel he has been staying at for the last few days, He walks over to the hotel clerk and she says " Ah, Mr. Nathaniel we had your room cleaned just like you asked." He nods and then heads up to his room on the top floor, he opened the door and walked inside. Nathaniel saw the king sized bed and he laid in it, he looked up at the ceiling and says " I'm finally going to get my restaurant, this is great. just a few more days." He turned on the t.v. and watched it and he says " This human box full of images is quite entertaining." Nathaniel then gets out of the bed and walks over to the balcony where he looks out on the city. He could see his building from the balcony and it made the view that much better. Nathaniel then jumps off the balcony, he spreads his wings and he changes himself into his Phoenix form, he soars over the city watching as the people watch and smile. He often liked to soar over the city just to look at the sights and the people.

( Hope this was an ok opening post)
What is a "free" gift ? Aren't all gifts free?
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
He who laughs last thinks slowest!
[b]NEW RP BY ME!! JOIN b]
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/of-gods-and-men/l

chris45
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:42 pm

The dark twisted corridors led into the underbelly of the huge structure itself, built in much the same manner as these castles cousins in Europe they had the same twisted corridors long spinning staircases and windowless passages. Though unlike their cousins this castle's passages were wide, they were able to fit two to three people walking side by side down them if not more, it was startling just how large the structure was as it burrowed into the underbelly of the mountains. The scent of mineral and water flooded the dark stone wrought passages as she moved through the armoured men as well as the casually dressed civilians. Store fronts bars and about every other type of establishment twisted within the confines of the deep spiralling tunnels and streets. First order of business was to get some cash from the card, cards could be lost, or stolen cash could be stashed and if the card got taken away then at least she had the cash.

So she went to the nearest credit agency and withdrew the maximum limit on the account which for any one withdraw was over 10,000 credits.. that stunned her and she took the cred stick stiffing it down into her boot. She looked a little stunned at the card and then slid it into her sports bra and moved off through the streets. She slid into the back alleys and found the underhanded shops that sold things a bit less reputable, of course you couldn’t tell just by looking but Jo knew the type and slipped into one store. A shady looking Orc glared at her from behind the counter of the dirty crowded shop.

”What do you want?” He snarled and glared at her.

”Leach juice Lad.. five bags yar bes’d shite!” The Orc looked at her stunned then nodded and went into the back room leaving her looking about her nerviously.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirinak on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:26 pm

Gabriel moved through the Dockyards, spot checking here and there for violations as well as offering praises to his model employees. He was finally finished making his rounds, he was curious as to how his new sneak was faring inside the fortress. Using the neural link in his armor he called up an overlay of the sanctum and activated the tracer hidden inside Jo's ID card. Footnotes indicated that she had already pulled just over ten grand off the card and was now in "Stompah's Speshultiee Bitz" shop. He smiled inside his helm, the lass was smart and cautious, exactly what he had seen in her when he hired her. Just then his vox bead chimed in his ear.

"Hey boss someone finally bought that old building of yours! Oddly enough he paid in gold can you believe it," said the voice on the other end of the line.
"Calm yourself Rufus, Gold coins you say? What manner of person was this?" Asked Gabriel.
"Looked to me like a phoenix prince boss," replied Rufus, "Says hes goin to open a restaurant there."
"I see, fix him up with the best of the best supplies and equipment. I've always tried to help those who try to make it on their own. Tell him its courtesy of Iron Hammer Industries." said Gabriel with a smile.
"You got it boss," replied Rufus, snapping the vox line closed with a loud pop in Gabriel's ear.
"I really hate that guy," sighed Gabriel.

He moved on through the yards, eventually finding the straw boss. "Jack! Come here!" he shouted fighting to be heard over the screaming engines of a Gundog taking off. "Any news of my other two guys coming in yet?"
"Not yet sir, they got caught in a warp storm on the galactic south of the Rishee Maze, it put them off by...... three days," replied Jack pausing to calculate the routes in his head.
"Alright just notify me when they get boots on the ground. See ya later." replied Gabriel as he took wing.

Most called him crazy for flying in amongst the ships, but it kept his reflexes sharp. Even after two thousand years since his last proper scrap he was sure he could still dodge a bullet, especially if he could dodge a ship. He flew back to the fortress, landing in the central courtyard and wading into the crowd and threading his way to Stompah's shop. He saw Jo standing in front of the counter tapping her foot impatiently, Stomp was nowhere to be seen. Gabriel smiled, he knew why she was here.

Gabriel slipped through the door without making a single sound, such a long life of war taught one the trick of the trade and Gabriel hadn't lost his touch. He stood unnoticed just out of range of Jo's arm and waited for Stop to return. His patients was rewarded soon after as the old ork, true to his name, stomped out of the back room.

" 'Eres yer joose, put da shinies on da counder and get out." he growled.
Gabriel tensed preparing to block the blow he knew was coming from Jo, "Now now Stomp, don't skimp on the lady, give her something off the top shelf, and put it on my tab." he said.

Kirinak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:46 pm

" 'Eres yer joose, put da shinies on da counder and get out." Jo smiled and slid out the cred stick with the 10,000 credits on the counter and reached for the blood bags then froze as Gabriel's voice sounded behind her.

"Now now Stomp, don't skimp on the lady, give her something off the top shelf, and put it on my tab." Her eyes flashed red as she looked over her shoulder at Gabriel and then grabbed the bags from the counter and hissed at him as she dodged under his arm and out the door with one smooth blurred movement. She paused at the door and glared over her shoulder at him her glowing red eyes peered from beneath loose strands of crimson locks, "Don' pu'd i'd on 'is tab Stomp!.. I doub'd tha'd ya buyin drugs would look good on yar record.. besides! Yar tampon lickin friends would 'ate the fac'd tha'd ya supported the blood trade." what he may or may not have noticed was the fact that the blood she requested and received was not human blood, it was in fact vampire blood. Vampire blood was normally taken from vampires who were captured and sold for their blood alone, the power that their blood had created immortality as well as a drug effect that could not be synthesized in the slightest.

Mortals used the blood to gain strength, power, pleasure, and to addict people they wanted faithful to them. Jo used the blood to survive, her age and her hatred for her kin had driven her to cannibalism, vampires were hard to find, and where as she specialized in hunting them, their blood still only went so far in the span of an immortal life. After she spoke she walked down the back alley and stuffed the blood bags into her pack hidden from the wondering eyes of others. Oh how she wanted to hit him, but she knew all it would do was start a fight she wasn't sure she was capable of finishing. Besides being locked away for the rest of her existence for killing a Commander was not something she really looked forward to either. Her fists clenched at her sides as she let the anger lesson her eyes fading back to blue as she walked through the narrow passages back towards the main street. To Gabriel's now altered eyes the bones of her hands, wrists, and forearms were laced with metal, the metal was known as impervium something that was used in only the most expensive battle armor and weaponry because it never dulled it could not break, it was light, and it could cut through anything. Her mind wondered to the dragon behind her some place in the darkness... had she been so mad because he surprised her? Or because he knew her nasty little secret? She was a cannibal.. she was a murderer, and she was a monster.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirinak on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:13 pm

The big man sighed and looked at Stomp. "Wot the bloody zog wuz awl dat ovah?" the ork asked, looking comically puzzled as he scratched his head

"Nothing Stomp, keep the creds." replied Gabriel, as he turned and left the shop. He tracked Jo through the twisted back alleys and hidden highways of the Sanctum, quickly catching up to her. She seemed lost in her own thoughts until his giant hand clamped down on the back of her neck. Before she could so much as react he was already guiding her away from the main thoroughfare and deeper into the mountain "Walk with me," he said leaving no room for argument. "First of all child, don't ever run from me. second don't for one minute think that I don't know what you do to sustain yourself. I could smell the blood of the fallen on your breath from the second you shook my hand. Stomp is notorious for selling doobius goods i was simply telling him to give you something that was quality instead. He could see she was about to say something in protest.

"Don't speak! Listen and yeh moight just learn sometin." He growled, his speech taking on the accent of his former life. The tones of ancient knowledge flowing into his voice like the current of the ocean. "I've known many of your kind through the ages, the most notable of which was named Marius, a direct descendant of Vladistraus Von Draculyah. He know how to survive and not only that, he thrived! In a time when his kind were hidden away from the world he lived like a king. Believe it or not the man never snuck around." He strode along the caverns with Jo in tow, talking all the while.

"You may be immortal but you are still young. and your inexperience shows. You've got it in your head that you can take on the world with those shiny claws. Its a good notion, but one that will see you dead if you don't listen to what i have to say." he continued. Suddenly he halted in front of an enormous vault door, gene coded to open only for him. "Within this vault I've contained one of the largest stores of vampiric knowledge and power and I will offer some of it to you, on one condition," he paused, removed his helmet, and knelt in front of her. Taking her by the shoulders he locked his Icy blue eyes with hers and said, "You have got to pull your head out of your ass, can you do that? We are in my world here, there is no record other than what I make." he sighed, the weight of his twelve thousand years in this form showing momentarily on his face. "If i show this to you, allow you to drink this knowledge in, you'd be bound to me. Every piece of knowledge has a price. This I offer to you, do you accept?" he asked, his eyes piercing the very fabric of her soul to her true nature.

Kirinak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:41 am

His touch caused a deep snarl from her lips as she followed as he asked. Her eyes didn't leave the path before them as he basically pushed her along the path he wanted. Rage built in her more and more as his actions came to down right near controlling her path. She wanted nothing more than to rip his throat out to hear his last raspy breaths as she stood before him, then they came to the vault. Her eyes dodged over it as he explained what it was. Hatred swelled within her more, she didn't want to be tainted by some vampire lord's memories, she didn't want to become lost in the minds of the things she hunted. What he purposed was enticing for the one fact that to know an enemy would give her power over it. But she knew the enemy.. she was them she understood the thirst the pain of the sun the whispers of insanity that plagued the lonely nights and the lustful embraces of feeding.

She understood why would she need to know more.. then.. then he asked something that she could not and would not accept. He told her she would owe him.. she would be bound to his service.. without end.. or at least that was what it sounded like. Her fists clenched as she looked at him with contempt, hatred, then loathing slid over her features. "I don' bloody care if the blood 'umpin nigh'd fuckers 'unt me down an kill me tomorrow.. I don' wan' ta be yar bloody slave!.. I don' wan' ta know more abou'd the bastards tha'd took me life away from me!!.. I don' wan' ta become more like em then I already am! I don' bloody care if ya think me a Pup Gabe!.. I maybe! Bu'd a'd leas'd I'm free! an a'd leas'd I 'ave killed more leaches in me life then I can e'en coun' off the top of me 'ead!" She pushed herself back from him and snarled, "Ya wan' a bloody slave go ou' an pick up a street walker or somethin! I don' need yar bloody knowledge or yar fuckin money!" she hissed as she reached down and pulled the card from her boot and threw it at his face. The term fiery red head.. seemed to come into a new light with the small 16 year old looking child before him.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Angel on Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:20 am

A cold wind swept through the dark winding back-paths, rarely used by civilians in the complex. A man brushed through a group of armed soldiers, clearly spooked by something. The man's face was gaunt, and full of fear it was almost as if he had seen a ghost, or a nightmarish entity of some sort. His ragged clothing represented, and reinforced the fact that the man had been on the run for quite some time. Little did the man know was that his dark, and evil past was about to cause his imminent doom.

He continued to run at a break-neck pace, attempting to shake the deadly follower whom was seemingly invisibly on the Man's heels. He rapidly ran past the more frowned upon shops attempting to gain ground against his silent pursuer. The man stopped dead in his tracks as he could distinctly see a white glow emanating from around the corner of his intended path. The man cursed loudly, and tripped on the ground in his attempt to spin around to take an alternative path. He dug his fingers into the dark stony path, and hastily pushed himself back up.

He stumbled around more paths rapidly changing positions. At this point the man had lost his bearings, and was only getting himself further lost amongst the more frowned upon shopping areas. He stumbled to the ground once more as he turned the next corner into a dead end.

Walled in like the rat he was he ran to the end of the dead end, and pounded on the stone wall out of desperation, and frustration. He spun around to run in the direction of whence he had come. But alas the good lord frowned upon the lowly man that day.

At the only exit stood none other than Dante, the Avenging Angel. He had his armor on, and the various holes, and chinks in his armor radiated with light. He stood there letting the man drink in the last details of his immanent death. The man fell to his knees, and he gripped his head in despair as Dante ignited his energy sword.

"Please! Please no! I can get you money! I know you gotta like money! I can cut you a deal on the slave trade!" The man pleaded desperately attempting to sway Dante with his petty bribes for exchange of his life. Dante had no intention of letting this man live, for he had been tracking him down across the various known worlds. He had many resources, and many contacts, but after slaughtering his many body guards in the confrontations before now Dante had discouraged the man's contacts to the extent that the slaver was on his own now.

Dante took another step, still staying silent with his eyes obscured by the light radiating through the eye slits he would normally see out of. He casually walked towards the man with confidence, and satisfaction that he had finally trapped the slaver.

The slaver snarled, and pulled out a crude iron clad weapon that fired super heated slugs in Dante's direction. All of the rounds impacted Dante's armor, all of which dissipated within seconds of them colliding with him. They left no marks, and Dante continued to approach unhampered. Dante lifted up the man by his neck, and broke his wrist that had held his gun. The man let out a gurgled cry for mercy right as Dante ran him through his energy blade. He let the man go , and let him fall to the ground with a crunch as he turned to walk away Dante's angelic aura was so intense at this point that it would've pained most people to look directly at him.

Dante disengaged his sword, and returned it to its resting place at his side. As soon as he stepped out of the dead-end ally his aura died down to an unnoticeable extent. He calmly walked out of the ally, and continued to walk through the back paths refusing to meet the stares from onlookers of which that cried out for answers of what had just transpired.

Guardian Angel
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirinak on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:02 am

Gabriel sighed and shook his head, "What I am proposing is not slavery, I'm offering you a home. A permanent job, Jo, A supply of everything you need, and the power to see clearly in the sun, to walk as though you were not a creature of darkness but still have all the power." he stood, picking up her card as he did so, and held it out to her once more. "Think about it Jo, no more running, no more having to worry that your suppliers are going to rat you out, no more shiftless roaming. A home Jo, free to come and go as you please."

Gabriel saw the rage in her eyes and there was a deep pang sadness in his heart, he didn't know what this volatile child would do, but he hoped she made the right decision. His thoughts traveled momentarily to a face of his past and he couldn't contain the great pain the he felt in his heart, Its intensity so high that his facial expression was suddenly lined with age and a single tear slid from his scarred left eye.
"You remind me a lot of my daughter Jo, that's why I'm trying to help you. She was taken from me when the veil fell by daemons that were after me. I'd not see you suffer the same fate, even though your daemons come from within." he said softly, casting his gaze to the ground. A breeze flowed through the cavern from the higher city. It seemed if you listened hard enough, you could hear a dying man scream.

Kirinak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Angel on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:26 pm

Silent footsteps echoed through the castle-like mountain complex. His torn robes under his armor gently billowed against the slight breeze sweeping through the streets like wildfire. Dante's armor made no noise as he padded through the back areas due to the fact that the clothing he was wearing under his armor preventing the pieces from rubbing together, or clanging. He kept his wings tucked tightly against his back within the recesses of his armor, and robes.

He leaned against a wall near the vaults his armor still faintly glowing. His left gauntlet glowed into the form of a small computer screen, and a keyboard. Dante could have just sent the family a divine message, but then again those were so easily misinterpreted. He casually typed on the key board with his right hand, he simply typed six words: The wicked, are now the damned.

The monitor, and keyboard dissipated, as spontaneously as they had arrived. The intended receivers of the message was a poor family that had suffered greatly from the man that he had slain just moments ago. It brought him silent joy to realize that he had potentially eliminated great hardships for many many people in the years to come.

Dante sat there avoiding the scurrying of the guards undoubtedly looking for the person that killed the slaver. He didn't blame them. Dante didn't blame any of the people that had bounties on his head, and requests for imprisonment. Most people didn't know the secrets behind the people he killed, or the things he did. He knew he would be accused of many crimes in the years to come for his good deeds.
Last edited by Guardian Angel on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guardian Angel
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!