Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Need a partner for a Nordic One on One.

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Need a partner for a Nordic One on One.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Refezen on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:53 pm

All right so I'm looking for some One on One's to fill my spare time. And while I've got a half dozen different plot idea's I'd rather discuss the details with any interested writers that I manage to snag. This would be some sort of Medieval fantasy, Nordic in overall mood, but it can deviate from history and reality as much as suits the story.

So first off I should explain that I have a deep passion for all things Norse, I study the History and mythology for fun. So many of my characters have some kind of Norse influence in them, whether that means their Viking Warriors, wandering Skalds, or a Shaman or Priest in service to gods styled after the Norse pantheon. One way or another the influence will be there, even if it's buried deep. Of course many of my stories have a sort of Norse feel, whether it's the setting or just the general plot. However I'm no scholar, I'm still researching the field and I don't care if any partner of mine knows much of anything about the field. However as I'm hoping to create something Nordic I'm looking for someone who'll understand the lore to a degree.

Now let me also explain that I've been away for a few months and it's taking me some time to get back to what I was at but still I maintain a four paragraph minimum for regular posts. My goal is always to try and draw out details and flesh out both the setting and my characters. I've been known for posts that measure anywhere between seven to ten paragraphs, and sometimes they've got a load of entirely unimportant detail. I'll take a paragraph or two and describe the smell of sea salt and how it dredges up a particular childhood memory for my character. It's not always important but it's what I do. So obviously I don't ask for the same return, if you're not into needless detail no big deal, I just ask for decent return.

Also let me say right now that I don't care if Romance shows it's face in this, or any, of my Rp's. Especially if it doesn't fit the story or characters, and I certainly won't plan for it ahead of time. That said my own character will be male so I'd like to have a female partner/character. This is only because it brings two different mindsets to the table. However what you do with the character from there is really you're own business. I might offer a few idea's to make the story flow more smoothly but the character itself is strictly yours. Obviously it'd be great if they can both get along well enough to travel together but a littler tension, romantic or otherwise, between them is always welcome, if not preferred. Keep in mind that I adhere to the idea of realistic fantasy, I won't add something that doesn't fit and I generally won't hold back with something that does. Language, Gore, and similarly "Mature" content are free game in the rp, so long as it fits. This One on One would also be conducted over PM's as I find them much easier to work with.

So like I said I've got a handful of character concepts and possible plots but I'd like to see if anyone's interested in a Nordic styled Rp first. I expect the story to be brutal at times but also full of exploration and freedom. So if anyone, anyone at all, is up for a good old fashioned Nordic Rp, shoot me a PM and I'll give a rundown of my basic thoughts and plots.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Refezen
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Need a partner for a Nordic One on One.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:51 pm

*Screams* I love Norse Mythology, I love this YA series about a Viking....I'm so needing to do a RP like this! Glad I'm the first one, shoo the rest of you people. This is taken! lol! ;) I'm kidding.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Need a partner for a Nordic One on One.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackBartRoberts on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:36 am

This sounds really interesting, but I don't know that much about Norse mythology... ;_;
My knowledge runs through The Ring Cycle (which I haven't even seen all of) and The Sight. And some other nibbles'n'bits picked up here and there. It sounds so interesting, though....

BlackBartRoberts
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!