Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

We need you! (Fantasy RP)

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

We need you! (Fantasy RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:37 pm

roleplay/the-darkstar-chronicles/

In the world of Gavilla, there is a prophecy.

"The full moon's glory not long past and the fury of the storm bring a new star from the heavens. The darkstar will shine in the dark and be recognized in spring's dawn light.
The Darkstar will shine and purge the land, bringing deliverance from evil
Deliverance will come from nowhere known but wear a familiar face.
Three signs of hope we see to bring us the star to bring light and banish the dark. A solar eclipse in the serpent year. A full moon and a storm following the equinox of spring."

Are you ready to join an adventure to discover the meaning of the prophecy? Just want an adventure? Then come on in!
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: We need you! (Fantasy RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:56 pm

Dragons, elves, drow, many different races both familiar and unfamiliar occupy a world parallel to Earth. Magic is common and dark forces are gathering. The world of Gavilla needs new heroes to protect the weak and perhaps find clues about the prophecy and what it could mean for Gavilla's salvation, or destruction. Join us in an epic adventure where almost anything could happen.
Worlds without end visualised, sketched, and written. From my mind and imagination to yours.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:30 am

We still be needin' you!

I will personally assure those that are genuinely interested a good time, with great Character-to-Character interaction, a great story, and some great adventures. We just need the people the make this a reality and make it great! So will you heed the call? Or will you miss out, wondering at what could have been?

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:00 pm

I will try if this RP is still active.

AshFisher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:24 am

Yes we just started and the party haven't even all met each other yet so your character will have plenty of time to jump in. I have a lot of info on both the main intro page and also the first post of the ooc so don't forget to read those. They can be a big help in both understanding the rp and also help in making a character.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Is the RP actually called We need you?

AshFisher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Darkstar Prophecies actually, The link is in my first post at the very top.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:43 am

Ah, i see that now sorry, my profile is submitted....I may have messed it up sorry. I'm not used to applying to roleplays in the way they have set up on here.

AshFisher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:28 am

I usually like to accept everyone but almost every section of the sheet was a one line entry. Could you try to add a little more to it. Just do your best. I know you may want to seem mysterious but one line for each thing is a little short and I want to try to push people to do more than they think they can so that this is a fun and exciting rp. I don't know if I am sounding pushy or explaining myself well. Try adding traits of your own personality to the personality section. it makes it easier to rp a character if they are like you in some ways. Plus it makes the character more interesting. With the history at least try to think about what nationality and what city you came from and why you might be coming to the crix area. If you need help Talis is much better at this stuff than me and is much better at explaining some things than I am, I am sure. As soon as you add a little to the character I will accept it. Try your best.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:32 pm

How do I fix it? Like I said I'm not used to the setup they have here.

AshFisher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:23 pm

At the tippy top of the site, under the "My Roleplays" Tab, another Tab called "My Characters" will hover under it. Press that, find the character you submitted, and to the right there will be an edit button, press that, and wallah, edit page. Fix as needed.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:13 pm

Thanks, I tried my best to fix what you wanted me to.

AshFisher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:56 am

It's still pretty slim but I went ahead and approved it. Just remember when you post to think about all the senses. First Where is your character at the moment you post what are the sights, smells, tastes, sounds that they hear. What are they wearing, how is their hair? Is it up or down? Where are they going and why? Then describe the journey as if you were describing each step. I can tell you seem a little new to this but I want to help you so you don't feel left behind. We have a lot of experienced players that can post up to almost four paragraphs. And while I don't expect that every time and sometimes one line is all you can say, but please try to avoid one or two line answers like the plague. Try to get each post to be at least a paragraph if possible. This makes the rp more interesting for everyone and gives it more depth and also helps you grow as a writer and rper.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:27 am

Sorry, I did try to make it better. So I read the roleplay and I'm a bit confused on how my character could enter the story without interfering with other players to soon.

AshFisher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:44 am

Just think about where you are coming from and why you would join the recruitment and write that, you won't interfere. Just look at poppers posts neither of which are even in Crix, He is in Gershawn, a city quit a bit north East of Crix. Just take it slow and take your time making you post so that we get a good idea of where your character is, what they look like, and how and why they are traveling, if they are traveling. Just take it step by step.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:34 pm

I'm off to bed, hope the RP doesn't get to far ahead of me.

AshFisher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:14 am

I doubt I will check here much except if someone else is interested in joining. Just say these kind of things in the ooc link that talis gave you and stay in there for general chatting between us from now on. Here is just for recruiting.

And as to that despite the fact we do have a good group so far more people are always welcome. This is the type of rp you could join at almost any time and just jump in. As long as you know where you are from it isn't too hard. If anyone wants to join and isn't sure where they want to be from or even what type of character would be good, you can ask here or in the rps ooc which also has a lot of info on character types in the first post. If you don't know how to access the rp is here- roleplay/the-darkstar-chronicles/places/gavilla/
And the ooc is here- the-darkstar-chronicles-t53949.html or in the tab marked ooc.

I hope to see more people join the adventure.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:05 pm

Well it is February so I wanted to give this a bump and see if anyone else wanted to jump in to our little adventure. We have just started and someone could easily jump in. We actually just had a new character "Anuk" who is run by the same person that already had a character. He had this new character just _bump into us_ on the road. So don't feel like it is too late, just jump right in. We don't have many females, just two active right now so come join in ladies. Also if another guy wants to join you are also welcome.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:00 pm

It's funny the last post I wrote that it was Feb but the post says march. Now I am writing at the first part of april and have no idea if it will post right. We still have room for more people if you are looking for a good fantasy. Even though we have started not a whole lot has happened. The group met and we are about to face our first foe. It would be a good chance for a heroic new character to happen by and help out. Lots of possibilities for characters. Anything from Mythology and fantasy or your own imagination is fair game. The more creative the better.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhatYouDontKnow on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:12 pm

i wanna join!!
Never shall I forget the time I spent with you. Please continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours. -Ludwig Van Beethoven
A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else. -John Burroughs
Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. -Dale Carnegie
Watch me not care. -Dilbert
It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. -Marlene Dietrich
You can be in my dreams if i can be in yours. -Bob Dylan

WhatYouDontKnow
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!