Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New Face, Old Soul!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

New Face, Old Soul!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragonlore on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:43 pm

USERNAME: Dragonlore, its a name I have gone by for years =^-^=

Found It!!!: Just did a random search on Roleplay communities and this site popped up. Decided to give it a try and here I am =^-^=

Timeline: I started roleplaying in 99 just after I started table tops. If you all remember MSN Chats and the Community we had there, thats where I started then jumped to GaiaOnline and I think I have a profile on to many sites to be able to remember.

Why I am here: I am truly looking for a new Roleplay home. Somewhere I can get my brain going again. More so as a Therapy to life. I have found my self in a bad place as of recently and Roleplay has always helped me in these times that I am forced to live in. And the way the site is laid out is outstanding. Kudos to the Creators.

My Genre: I am into almost anything from Slice of Life to SciFi and Fantasy. All of my character Models physical Appearances are all based off of eastern style anime because that's the genre I have always fallen to. If you have a Non anime picture I usually tend to find something that is similar to refer back to. Call me weird but its who I am.

Hobbies: I love to write and play games. Anime is another part of my life. I have been in works with getting my degree in programming and art design because I have a knack for coming up with Ideas in gaming and have not been able to apply them in the right area. Perhaps this site will push me in the direction I need story wise.

Talents: I am versed in many forms of music and art. though I can not draw I can easily come up with something and make it in photoshop. You have an Idea, give me a week, I will have at least a rough draft done for ya. Also I have been working on broadcasting as a side thing for my game group that we do every week. I will post it here once we are finished.

Friends?: I have absolutely no friends here though I am hoping at some point to make some. I am sure I will be asking alot of questions with in a matter of hours after I have scoured the forums for answers to what I might need to ask.

And lastly...

If you look through my Thread you get Cookies, if you say Hello and talk you get hugs, I make a new friend out of the deal I will be the most obedient lap pet you will ever need. HA!

If you have any Ideas that you would like to throw at me let me know and I would love to see what I can find on here. Perhaps even start our own.

Peace!
~!D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dragonlore
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: New Face, Old Soul!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:11 am

Hiya Dragonlore! Thanks for taking the time to fill out our little newbie questionnaire. ;) I'm Sato, a longtime member around these parts, and it is my pleasure to welcome you to RolePlayGateway!

There's a lot to cover to get you acclimated, so I'll go fast! Be sure to check out "Our Rules" up at the top of the page. That will give you an idea of the standards we hold ourselves to as a community. Feel free to browse RP requests in either the Roleplayers Wanted or Interest Checks forum. The former is for GMs who have existing roleplays that need characters; the latter is for GMs who haven't yet created their RP, and are looking to round up some talent.

You're going to have to knock out 10, yep, count 'em, 10 forum posts before you have access to your private messages. The reason this is, is to deter spambots from joining the site and plaguing our users' inboxes. It's pretty easy to rack up those posts, though. If you head over to the Community section of the forums, you'll see a lot of forums and subforums to post in and get to know the folks around you.

If you have any questions about anything at all, please don't hesitate to ask. You can reply here, or in the Help forum.

Hope to see you around!

-VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragonlore on Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:10 am

ViceVersus wrote:Hiya Dragonlore! Thanks for taking the time to fill out our little newbie questionnaire. ;) I'm Sato, a longtime member around these parts, and it is my pleasure to welcome you to RolePlayGateway!

There's a lot to cover to get you acclimated, so I'll go fast! Be sure to check out "Our Rules" up at the top of the page. That will give you an idea of the standards we hold ourselves to as a community. Feel free to browse RP requests in either the Roleplayers Wanted or Interest Checks forum. The former is for GMs who have existing roleplays that need characters; the latter is for GMs who haven't yet created their RP, and are looking to round up some talent.

You're going to have to knock out 10, yep, count 'em, 10 forum posts before you have access to your private messages. The reason this is, is to deter spambots from joining the site and plaguing our users' inboxes. It's pretty easy to rack up those posts, though. If you head over to the Community section of the forums, you'll see a lot of forums and subforums to post in and get to know the folks around you.

If you have any questions about anything at all, please don't hesitate to ask. You can reply here, or in the Help forum.

Hope to see you around!

-VV

Well tank you much for all of the info, I see you in the chat so I can talk to ya there =^-^= I have got the Jest of it so far working on a few things like my RP in the OOC Interests area as well as looking around in a few RPs that I might be interested and working on a large list of characters I have... >.< I have been around on well over 30 sites and I think this is going to be the better out of all of them so far =^-^=

Anyways thanks again for the welcome makes me feel just the same. OH -hands him a cookie and gives him a hug- I always follow through with my words =^-^=

Dragonlore
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyndian on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:11 pm

Heya Dragonlore! I'm a fellow new guy 'round these parts. Wanted to say welcome, and I was hoping you might want to do a RP with me? Check it out, it's called 'Strike Back!' and it's fantasy, which you said is a genre you like. If not that's cool, just hit me up and maybe I'll end up in one of yours. Have a good one broski

Vyndian
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter World Builder Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!