Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New here and seeking roleplay partners!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

New here and seeking roleplay partners!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ProwlingWolf on Fri May 15, 2015 8:04 pm

About me
I've been writing/roleplaying for 8+ years now, finding it to be a wonderful way to stretch my imagination and relax. It's like reading a good book, only better! When I post, I often give 2+ paragraphs depending on how much my partner writes. Basically, the more detail I receive, the more I'll respond with! I'm far more interested in long term stories, so I am seeking partners who aren't looking for a quick fix and really want to create something together.

What I'm looking for:
    Detail- give me enough to let me sink into the story.
    Plot- I'm not one to just look for stories that center around smut. I want something deeper
    Literacy- Now, I don't mind a mistake here and there, but no text speak, and use correct grammar and punctuation.
    Consistent Stories
    Rich plots with twists and turns to keep me on the edge of my seat
    Conflict, drama, tension, complications
    Strong and confident Male Characters
    Third person perspective
    Characters- human, shapeshifter, werewolf, vampire, angel, demon, prince, knight, sorcerer, shaman, mermaid, etc
    Male Characters- My females are straight. I'm not opposed to a female writer, though!

Themes I like:
    Romance- Yes, I love stories about falling in love! And the harder it is to do so, the better!
    Medieval- Knights and shining armor and princesses, need I say more?
    Fantasy- Escape into a world that's not our own
    Supernatural- shifters, vampires, magical, mermaids, you get the idea
    History- Not a complete favorite, but willing to do
    Horror- I love watching the emotional turmoil of a character in terrifying scenes
    Wild West- Guns, cowboys, southern bells!
    Modern- Self explanatory
    Realistic- There's risk for illness, pregnancy, death, etc

Plot Ideas: I am open to other ideas as well!

Arranged Marriage:

-In medieval times, ancient kingdoms have fallen into ruin. Rumor had it a great power was born into a neighboring kingdom, though none knew of which one. The princess was born with a gift, and kings from all around were desperate to secure her hand for their own selfish needs. The problem was, no one had a clue which kingdom she was in. The Princess had remained hidden for years, keeping her identity a secret. Upon her 21st birthday, her father sent her away, fearing for her safety. A political arrangement had been made for her to wed a far away king, one who kept his men from the wars and only wanted peace. However, he is unaware of her abilities. Can she keep them secret?

Romance:

-Pirates are often blood-thirsty thieves with only a love for treasure and the sea. One captain in particular was feared by all, known to leave no survivors and often burned entire villages to the ground. One day while his crew ravaged a town, he came across a beautiful maiden, but before he could steal her away, she was gone. Each port they arrived, she had a way of showing up, puzzling the captain. It wasn't until one day that heā€™d manage to capture her. Little did he know she was no ordinary human, but a mermaid who had been following his ship.

-What would you do if you were told that youā€™re destined to be with someone you had only met? Thatā€™s exactly what happens one day. A wolf wandering in human form, lonely for years, finally comes across her. However, he doesnā€™t have much time to steal her heart, tell her the truth, and bring her back to the pack for safety. An enemy is lurking in the shadows, and determined to keep her from meeting her destiny. (roles can be reversed)

-Out in the west, outlaws and criminals are a problem for many of the growing towns. However, in this sleepy little town, visitors are few and far between. When a stranger arrives, coming by the moonlight, no one even suspects him to be one of the most feared men of the west. Things begin to look suspicious as people turn up missing, and their visitor only seems to come out at night. One night, though, a woman catches his eye. Unsure why, he canā€™t quit thinking about her, but heā€™s eager to find out.

Action:
-A lonely vampire stalks the night, terrorizing towns and enjoying the game of cat and mouse. He often spends nights haunting his victims before finally taking a bite. However, it was a game that grew old after time, and now he looked to dabble in new adventures. A woman caught his eye, one so sweet and pure that he just couldnā€™t resist. Instead of simply sucking her dry, he decides to use her. He haunts her dreams, making her fall for the mysterious man. The more she dreams of him, the more control he takes of her mind.

-Upon the rocky seas, a massive and relentless storm pulls a ship into the depths of Davy John's locker. It would appear that no one could survive such a disaster. However, one young sailor manages to float upon a barrel to an empty island, leaving him stranded with no way to escape. A lonely mermaid living in the lagoon spies the sailor, watching his every move as he works to build shelter and find food before planning his way off the island. At first, she finds him fascinating, growing to enjoy his company, even going so far as to leave him little gifts without revealing herself. Eventually, he decides to build a small vessel to help carry him to a port, but the maiden of the sea refuses to let him leave for fear of being alone. His good fortune begins to turn around, his hard work destroyed each time he started anew. Finally, one day, he catches a glimpse of her from the corner of his eye. No longer focused on escape, his new goal is to capture the elusive creature.

-A war had raged for years between werewolves and humans, and slowly the creatures were becoming extinct. They had grown to be misunderstood thanks to a few rogue packs that had given into their natural forms, turning into soulless monsters who killed simply for the taste of flesh and blood. One night, an innocent pack was raided and slaughtered, though the group of humans let one survive. Taking her captive, she was taken back to their camp where she remained locked up in a cage, abused, beaten, and raped. Ready to let the heavens take her soul, a man from the camp takes pity on the beast. Not because he finds the wolves to be innocent beings, but because even they deserved a dignified death. Instead of letting her rot in a cell, he brings her back to health and offers a proper execution....or does he?

-It's not uncommon for those with power to fall prey to the temptation of abusing it. They hold no sense of responsibility or have a care in the world who their gifts can destroy. It is why a band of barbarians have grouped together to take out the savage power dwellers. The problem is, two great leaders wish to rule their armies separate ways. Can they learn to work together to win the war? Or will their disagreements lead to downfall?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ProwlingWolf
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: New here and seeking roleplay partners!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Sat May 16, 2015 9:02 pm

Hello,

I would love to be a partner of yours!

You seem entertaining, I haven't had some fun in a long time as in a partner who also creates the world...

So please pm me I'll pm you back :)
ImageSong of the Day: FFXIII-2: Ruined Hometown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpsgk7b3R3w
With love.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: New here and seeking roleplay partners!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Mon May 18, 2015 8:11 pm

I would also love to be your partner! You have a lot of interesting plots that I want to sink my teeth into lol. I don't know if you c an pm yet so I'll leave a post here. When you can pm, we can start plotting via pm :3

Right now I am loving most of your vampire and werewolf stories. Below are the list that I am really interested in exploring with you:

Arranged Marriage:

-In medieval times, ancient kingdoms have fallen into ruin. Rumor had it a great power was born into a neighboring kingdom, though none knew of which one. The princess was born with a gift, and kings from all around were desperate to secure her hand for their own selfish needs. The problem was, no one had a clue which kingdom she was in. The Princess had remained hidden for years, keeping her identity a secret. Upon her 21st birthday, her father sent her away, fearing for her safety. A political arrangement had been made for her to wed a far away king, one who kept his men from the wars and only wanted peace. However, he is unaware of her abilities. Can she keep them secret?

Romance:

-What would you do if you were told that youā€™re destined to be with someone you had only met? Thatā€™s exactly what happens one day. A wolf wandering in human form, lonely for years, finally comes across her. However, he doesnā€™t have much time to steal her heart, tell her the truth, and bring her back to the pack for safety. An enemy is lurking in the shadows, and determined to keep her from meeting her destiny. (roles can be reversed)

-Upon the rocky seas, a massive and relentless storm pulls a ship into the depths of Davy John's locker. It would appear that no one could survive such a disaster. However, one young sailor manages to float upon a barrel to an empty island, leaving him stranded with no way to escape. A lonely mermaid living in the lagoon spies the sailor, watching his every move as he works to build shelter and find food before planning his way off the island. At first, she finds him fascinating, growing to enjoy his company, even going so far as to leave him little gifts without revealing herself. Eventually, he decides to build a small vessel to help carry him to a port, but the maiden of the sea refuses to let him leave for fear of being alone. His good fortune begins to turn around, his hard work destroyed each time he started anew. Finally, one day, he catches a glimpse of her from the corner of his eye. No longer focused on escape, his new goal is to capture the elusive creature.

-A war had raged for years between werewolves and humans, and slowly the creatures were becoming extinct. They had grown to be misunderstood thanks to a few rogue packs that had given into their natural forms, turning into soulless monsters who killed simply for the taste of flesh and blood. One night, an innocent pack was raided and slaughtered, though the group of humans let one survive. Taking her captive, she was taken back to their camp where she remained locked up in a cage, abused, beaten, and raped. Ready to let the heavens take her soul, a man from the camp takes pity on the beast. Not because he finds the wolves to be innocent beings, but because even they deserved a dignified death. Instead of letting her rot in a cell, he brings her back to health and offers a proper execution....or does he?
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!