Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

So, I'm new here...

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

So, I'm new here...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiss the Rain Away on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:44 pm

And I guess I was just coming to introduce myself?
I'm Mimi (a nickname my 3 year old cousin gave me, and I'm keeping it ;3 ), I'm 16 and a junior in high school.
I'm here to basically expand my writing skills, as I would like to become an author soon (hopefully).

Anywhoo...not too sure what else to really say...so erm...yeah. c:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kiss the Rain Away
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: So, I'm new here...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:06 pm

Hey there, KtRA, sounds like a radio station. I'm VP.

When you said Mimi, I suddenly started thinking of "Mimi" from The Drew Carey Show. It's an old show, but it was funny when I watched it as a kid.
She looked something like this...

But um...I totally won't have that mental picture when ever you call yourself Mimi (I totally will.)

Well, if you came here to expand your writing skills, good for you. The staff and fellow roleplayers are at your disposal, everyone here is seeking to better themselves because writing is an ever-continuing process of development.

So on behalf of everyone here at RPG, RolePlayGateway, we're glad to have you here.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiss the Rain Away on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Hahaha umm, I can definitely assure you that I don't look like that...erm...lovely lookin' lady.

And thank you(:

Kiss the Rain Away
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:09 am

Oh, okay. I'll just delete that image from my mind...wait...something's wrong...it won't go away! Oh mother of.#%#*&@%!#

We're having some technical difficulties.

Anyway, you're very much welcome. I look forward to the stories you write. To give you a head start, I'd advise hitting the Interest Checks area for roleplay ideas. This place is mainly for stories that are brought forth as ideas, they haven't turned into roleplays yet. Maybe you'll stumble onto something that can burst forth with wings.

Or you can visit the Roleplayers Wanted area for roleplays that have already started, and as the name suggests, in want of players. The Home tab is always a great place to look for featured/new roleplays as is the Newest Roleplays list at the top of the page. This list is updated every time a new roleplay has been created.

If you have any further questions, the staff and I (denoted in colored usernames as you can see with mine) are here to help resolve any issues or answer any questions.

That ends our tour, please keep your head inside of the vehicle to prevent decapitation as we near our stop. Thank You Very Much. Domo Arigato Gozaimasu. Muchas Gracias. Merci Beaucoup.

Good luck.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:53 pm

VindicatedPurpose wrote:Image

That is the Mimi that comes to mind for me as well. Oh, the days when Drew Carey was actually funny.

Welcome to the board Kiss. Please do me a favor and take the time to write, daily or weekly, it doesn't matter. Just be consistent.

I've failed for years now to do this. It makes trying to actually complete my plot ideas impossible.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!