Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New Roleplay ideas and suggestions

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

New Roleplay ideas and suggestions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stupidontherox on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:34 am

Hey guys....I was wondering if I could get some help and suggestions to create a new roleplay. I wanted it to be within the fantasy setting you know magic elves and many other things. Though I wanted all the characters involved to leaders of their countries. Monarchy within the middle ages style but I actually wanted to bring it into the beginning of the industrial revolution. The Victorian era was a great point within history and I don't see why not to put it as the time era. Yet I also thought putting the roleplay into a steampunk theme.

Though all of the other Monarchs are trying to convince the main monarch to side with them in the war against their foes due to the countries extreme abundance of resources.

The problem is though I have a sketchy idea on what it would be about but not really. I figured come onto the rpg forum and discuss with you all so please comment and share your ideas and every idea that is incorporated will be given credit to you. because how rude would that be of me to not even acknowledge that you gave me help in this endeavor.

Here is what I had for an introduction as I said post some constructive criticism and try to help me out I do want to get better at roleplaying.

1130, Persephone is a planet of industry and war. The nations of the supercontinent Valenia are at war. Many of the nations face many foes and seek to gain allies. The only country not at war is the country of Quail's Wake. A nation of mixed cultures and beauty. The most widely known aspect of the nation is the capital city. Carnation's Bliss is the name of the capitol. The city's landmasses float off the surface of the planet. The buildings are made of painted brick and well taken care of marble. Some smoke floats from the chimneys of the factories. The castle is at the highest point of the city. An extravagant palace of Marble, stone, and ploished copper. Waterfalls flow from the city to the Earth below feeding rivers into the rest of the nation and providing grain and power for the factories and mills of the city. Now here's where you come into the story. War is eating away at your country and your in desperate need of support and supplies. Your enemies talk of allying with the monarch of the nation of Quail's Wake so you have sent a message requesting an alliance with the same nation. You get a message back requesting you personally to make a visit to the nation of Quail's Wake to discuss the formation of the alliance. The monarch of this nation is hidden within the nation. Nobody knows even the gender of the monarch or their age. The monarch never signs their name to the messages so you cannot be sure. Rumors have spread that the nation is lead by pure anarchy or the people leads it. But it does not for entering the nation you see people celebrating the monarch hidden within secrecy. The strange thing about this nation is no humanoid race dominates the other or persecutes the other. All the races are treated equally and fairly. The rich are prosperous and the poor work with enthusiasm. What you don't know is that the monarch needs support himself or herself. The reason why is that he/she is eternally cursed with a terrible condition. And the Monarch needs help to break this curse from the outside nobody in the nation can help him/her except for the royalty of other nations.

So that is all I have at this point as I said please help with some feedback and suggestions.
My love for you knows no bounds. Unfortunately you just can't realize that about me. So please listen when I say it if not believe it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Stupidontherox
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Re: New Roleplay ideas and suggestions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Curtsive on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:20 pm

Hey Stupidontherox. The best place to get help when developing concepts for a roleplay is the Interest Check forum, so I've moved you there.

Cheers and good luck,

Curtis Smith
Global Moderator Lead

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Curtsive
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!