Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

I Am New To This Website

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

I Am New To This Website

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thedjismine on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:18 pm

Hello, I just started on this website today. I have figured it out mostly but, some things are stumping me. I love harry potter , and really any other type of role play I can get into. I am semi - literate to literate. I am very easy to get along with and if you would like to role play with me please PM me or post on here :).

Here is a link to my harry potter role play I need more people..seen as I am the only one who has looked at it.
dark-times-indeed-role-players-needed-t75502.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

thedjismine
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: I Am New To This Website

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:37 pm

Heya thedjismine! :) I'd like to be the first to welcome you to RPG and if you have any specific questions always feel free to ask. We're a helpful community and will be happy to answer anything you might throw our way. That being said, I am going to give you some links that may help you out on the site. The RPG User Manual will give you some basic info on the site and how to use it and the Rules are short, sweet and to the point.

As far as a generalized post where you're looking for someone to roleplay with you can add a post to the Interest Checks thread. That's a topic where people don't have a specific roleplay set up yet but want to find people with similar interests. Also, for your Harry Potter roleplay you could post something in the Roleplayers Wanted thread about that one since it is a roleplay that has already been established and is looking for more players!

Need anything else? Just let us know!

~Celedia
RPG Global Moderator
"...you know we've fuckin' broken down as a society when people just explode in forests." ~Gasmask in The Unexplainable.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thedjismine on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Ok! Thanks. I have it set up to notify me when a some one replys to my thing but, I don't know where it notifies me at because it's not in my PM's

thedjismine
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:18 pm

It might notify you via the email you set yourself up with in the beginning. :D I know a lot of forum-based subscription notifications appear that way so perhaps check your email?! I have honestly never set up notifications but I think that is what happens!

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thedjismine on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:20 pm

I was hoping it would inform me on here but either way thank you!!

thedjismine
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:07 pm

If you subscribe to a thread it will tell you via email and if you bookmark it, it will show up on a consolidated page for you. I bookmark everything and actually have my homepage set to this link so it shows all of my threads that have had responses to them by flagging the icon next to the topic as pink/red!

Celedia
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:02 am

There's a setting in your UCP (User Control Panel) that allows you to receive email notifications on things like private messages, topic replies, or when a Moderator deals with a report that you've made. I've got my filters and such tweaked how I like them, but be warned if you go this route! It will flood out any self-respecting inbox within a matter of days, so making sure you have a separate RolePlayGateway email account may actually be viable. That's one thing I quickly learned. (:

Also, I'm Sato, resident lurker & all-seeing eye on the forums. If you don't see me, it's because I'm seeing you.

*waggles her fingers; retreats into the darkness*

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!