Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ninjas? Anybody? Just me?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Ninjas? Anybody? Just me?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby morriganxchan on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:13 pm

Okay, so I've been seeing RPs going up for shinobi/ninja lately, but they all seem to want to be set in the Naruto universe, where ninja aren't really ninja, they're more like... magic people who use chi instead of mana. Which is a neat idea, but they aren't real ninja. I'm not dissing Naruto, so don't get all upset, goodness knows if I loved Kakashi any more, or the world might end, but that doesn't make him a ninja.

So, my point is, every time I see one of these RPs come up, I get excited, I love ninja! I'd love to play one! But I don't really feel the need to play a ninja in a world that already exists. There are characters and plots for that already. That's not really my thing. (again, not flaming, just my opinion.) So, I was wondering if people would be interested in a more traditional ninja game?

You know ninja, samurai, monks, think L5R where ninja are just flat out awesome and pwn everything, only without the emperor and the death for seeing the ninja... that adds to their awesomeness though. If you don't know what L5R is, think more poisons, and stealth, and less in your face jutsus. I'll explain further if anyone is interested. I just really wanna play a ninja, and I don't want to be wearing obnoxious colors and shouting out what move I'm doing before/while I'm doing it...
Last edited by morriganxchan on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

morriganxchan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Ninjas? Anybody? Just me?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:17 pm

Count me in! High time for the true masters of shadows to take the spotlight. Or rather for the spotlight to try to take them. It won't catch me though, I'm too stealthy...And before you know, BAM! The spotlight operator is dead.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kargoth on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:29 pm

Im in

Kargoth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby luke4215 on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:47 pm

You can count me in, though my posting frequency has been down a bit lately...
Everything changes...

luke4215
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ace of Blades on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:47 pm

I will join as well. I've been lacking some pwnage lately -.-
You can't lose...
...With all Aces...
----=----=----=----=----
...Shut up, or I'll kill you!...
...Some people say I have temper problems, but people like that need to get hurt, so hurt, that they have to go to the HOSPITAL!
----=----=----=----=----
My top quotes of the month:
"Why so serious?"- Joker
----=----=----=----=----

~The Ace Of Blades

The Ace of Blades
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redline on Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:38 pm

Seems interesting, alittle change never hurt anybody. I'll join.

Redline
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby morriganxchan on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:33 pm

Okay, I made an OOC for the idea. Here's the link: post383540.html#p383540

Obviously, I'm accepting. Hope it's to your liking. ^_^

morriganxchan
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!