Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Noah's and Rory's Epic Detour

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Noah's and Rory's Epic Detour

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDoctorsAssistant on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:03 am

This is a 1x1 between swishandflicker and I so pretty please don't post on here unless you are one of us. Thanks :)!

Aurora McCoy

The sun was shining brightly and the air was thick with humidity in LA that morning, the morning Rory was to leave her childhood home behind. So many memories were in this house, so many memories of her father and brother and those were the memories that stung the most. Despite the hurt, Rory did not want to leave this house. She felt it was the only way to have a connection to her father and brother and leaving would sever that tie for her. So needless to say she was unhappy.

So with head phones in her ear and her music blasting, Rory sat there on her front steps waiting for some guy named Noah to get her and the car. Her mother said she had met him years ago, but she didn't remember a thing about him and now she had to spend five days with him driving across the country. She definitely wasn't thrilled about that since she just wanted to be alone in her room and staying in California. New York City was too big of a change for her, especially at this point in time.

Minutes passed as she sat in the hot sun with her luggage, her red hair braided into a messy side braid. She wore short shorts and a lime green tank top and due to this choice in clothes her fair skin was exposed to the sun, causing her to burn and tan all at the same time. Rory could care less about this at the moment though, she actually could care less about a lot of things. This for some reason got her wondering if this Noah guy would want to try and talk to her the whole way. She already made up her mind that she would talk, but only as little and simple as possible and this guy would have to deal with that. So with that she continued to sit there and wait for her ride to New York.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheDoctorsAssistant
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Noah's and Rory's Epic Detour

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:54 pm

NOAH DOMINIC BECKHAM | NINETEEN | THE DRIVER

The trip was supposed to be over 5,000 miles long. For Noah, that meant 5,000 thousand miles of driving with a complete stranger. Stalking around in the kitchen, he struggled to find something to eat for breakfast before heading out for the road trip. His blonde hair was damp from the shower, and he was wearing a rundown pair of cargo pants and a white cotton shirt. He'd only gotten home a good 24 hours ago, expecting to find his mother home to welcome him back with open arms from his first year of college, but no. Instead, he found a letter on the kitchen table saying she'd gone to New York City with her best friend to help her and her daughter moved in. To make things worse, she wanted Noah to drive her friend's daughter - Rory - all the way over to New York. California to Los Angelos - the trip took at least 5 days. Why the girl couldn't drive there herself, Noah didn't know. He just figured that her mom wanted to make sure she was safe by having a guy there. His mother had left an itinerary on what route they should take, along with a list of hotels to check into, and a map. He'd also found a good $200 for the trip for emergencies. Apparently, Rory had her mom's credit card if they really needed money.

Noah didn't really need to pack for the road, because he'd brought all his clothes from the college with him, along with his toothbrush and a couple PJs. He roamed around his room, watching the clock for the time to leave, before his mother dropped a phone to make sure he was going. His mother was always like this, making last decisions, and going to the whim of things. Noah told his mom that he agreed to go, not on the account of doing her a favor, but because he planned to stop by New Jersey to see if he made it into the Starquest audition. He had auditioned last March for the show in Massachusetts by his university, but the results weren't release worldwide until August. Rumors were, however, that people living in New Jersey already knew because the Starquest company originated and was located there. Whether or not the audition was going to be a waste or time or not, Noah didn't care. He really didn't know how he did during the audition, and more than anything wanted to find out first before having anyone else.

Finally rounding the living room to the porch, Noah brought his things in tow. He had brought one carry-on with him, along with his guitar - which he brought everywhere. He couldn't live without playing his guitar for more than two days. He loaded his things into his mother's Honda, since he refused to bring his own car to New York,and unlatched her keys from the key holder. He made sure to turn off the lights and unplug any outlets, just in case they were gone for more than a couple weeks. He wasn't exactly sure how long his mom wanted to spend in New York, and it was better to be safe rather than sorry. He grabbed the itinerary, map, and the list of hotels, since he'd already bagged the $200 dollars in his wallet this morning. He walked down the porch steps into the blazing afternoon sun, and locked the door behind him. He boarded the drivers seat, and blasted music at full blast. He put the air conditioning on, and heading to the passenger's home. Before his mother hung up on him earlier, she mentioned how he'd met Rory at least once when they were kids. So, they weren't complete strangers. You'd think Noah would remember her, but he didn't. In all possibilities, the trip could become extremely awkward. She was as good as a stranger to him.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDoctorsAssistant on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:49 pm

Rory watched as a car came around the corner and something inside her told her that was her ride. So she paused her music and that's when she heard the music blasting from the car. Well at least he liked music she thought. Maybe it wouldn't be too terrible of a trip.

As the car stopped and Rory threw her bags in the back before getting in the passenger seat. She didn't wait for him to get out or anything, she wanted to make this trip as quick as possible. She barely looked at him as she got in the car. "Hi I'm Rory." She said in an almost whisper as she stared out the passenger window. She knew she was being rude, but she wasn't in the mood to be polite or nice. She stuck one headphone back in her ear and pressed play on her iPod.

TheDoctorsAssistant
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:50 pm

Noah pulled the car into the front of the house, not having enough time to get out and call the house before a girl came walking towards him. She didn't meet his eyes, and quickly loaded her things into the back of the trunk. Noah didn't say anything, rather intrigued at the girl's behavior, and leaned over to turn off the music that he had been blasting. He watched as the girl opened the passenger seat next to him and shut the door. So much for being polite. Noah thought, wondering what the hell his mother just got him into. The girl didn't exactly look like she was nervous, rather that she didn't want to talk to him. As soon as she settled in, she plugged her headphones into one ear. "I'm Noah." He nodded, trying to make the girl to turn around from the window. He sighed, drumming his fingers on the wheel, and looked out the window. He wasn't exactly sure what to say. "You have everything from the house?" He found himself asking her, not making a move to move the car out of the driveway just yet. He buckled his seatbelt, and waiting for Rory's reply. It would be pain if she forgot anything and they had to go back.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDoctorsAssistant on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Rory didn't reply right away, she wasn't sure if she should speak or just nod her head and just like her mother could read her mind she texted her. Did Noah get you already? Oh and please try and be polite and make conversation with him. Rory couldn't help but roll her eyes at her phone. She sent a simple yes and okay in reply. She knew if she didn't make some conversation that she'd hear it from her mom, so with that she pulled the earphone out of her ear and turned to look towards him. "Yes...well at least everything I'm able to take with me that is." She replied to him, trying to make her expressions look more friendly though she was sure she looked like a crazy person. She then looked straight forward and sat there awkwardly. She wasn't sure what else to say so she sat in silence again. "Oh a-and it's nice to meet you Noah." She said quickly as she looked back up at him again, but now just felt stupid. It was going to be a long trip, she could tell.

TheDoctorsAssistant
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:59 pm

"Yes...well at least everything I'm able to take with me that is."

At that, Noah nodded. He started to make his way, pulling the car out of the driveway and started for the highway. He glanced to the road in front of him, not saying anything, meeting Rory's eyes when she spoke. "It's nice to meet you too," Noah laughed, trying to lighten up the mood. "Well, actually, apparently we meet each other when we were kids - but I doubt you would remember that, because I don't." Noah continued, slowing the Honda to a stop when they came to a red light. A string of toddlers and their parents crossed the street in front of them, and Noah used the opportunity to take the map out from the back of the car. He placed it on his lap, knowing that he would need it once they reached the interstate. He glanced at the dashboard of the car, suddenly realizing that they were only half tank full. He shook his head, knowing his mother probably forgot about filling it up for him. He signaled a left turn once the green light appeared, and started to make his way to the gas station. "Are you any good at reading maps?" Noah found himself asking Rory, wondering if maybe she could help him once they reached the highway.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDoctorsAssistant on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Rory tried to smile a little to be polite. "Yeah that's what my mom said. I don't remember either though." She said in a small voice, still trying to smile. She watched him pull out the map and then sat there silently for awhile again. When he asked if she was any good at reading a map she shrugged. "Umm I guess I am, I'm not really sure." She said as she bit her lip. She had to do it once for her mom and they made it to their destination with no problem, but that was only once.

TheDoctorsAssistant
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:00 pm

Noah smiled when Rory replied. Now, at least, they were getting somewhere. He nudged at the map on his lap, taking a hand off the wheel to give it to her. "Do you mind helping me? I mean, once we reach the highway?" He meet Rory's eyes briefly, "I'm not bad at directions, but, you know, just in case. It'd be a pain if we got lost." He went on, and took a slight right turn to the highway. He planned to stop by the nearest gas station, but now, they were were where they were supposed to be. He checked the time - and right on time too.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDoctorsAssistant on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:07 am

Rory looked at the map as he went to give it to her. She took it a little skittishly and looked down at it. It looked lime rather simple directions. "Sure I can help." She said while still looking down at the map. She followed the line of where they were supposed to go. "Well it says we stay on here for a bit until we get to the I-10 and then we head down that until we get to Nevada near Las Vegas." She said as she touched Las Vegas on the map with her finger. "Wow we're passing up a couple places I've always really wanted to go. I'll probably never get to see them." She said with a sigh and then added, "Well this sucks." She sat back in the chair and looked out the window again. After a few moments of silence she leaned forward and turned the radio on, but turned it down some. "Oh sorry I hope you don't mind listening to the radio." She said as she bit her lip and sat back again, feeling bad for not asking him if she could turn it on first.

TheDoctorsAssistant
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:47 am

"Wow, we're passing up a couple places I've always really wanted to go. I'll probably never get to see them." Noah bit his lip, looking to Rory hesitatingly. Actually, he'd been planning to take a couple detours on the trip. If you were driving across the whole country - why not? He nodded at Rory's direction, moving the car through a ramp as they arrived at the highway. He looked at the radio when she decided to switch on some music, "It's fine. Actually, I brought couple a CDs with me for the trip. It's in my bag on the backseat, you can go look for them. Front pocket." He instructed her, wondering if they had the same interest in music in the first place. Among the stalk of CDs was his demo CD, which he used to practice for the audition.

He took a swig of water from the cupboard next to him with his free hand, and set it back down. "We actually might have to stop by the gas station before we hit the I-10. We have a half tank." He told her.

(OOC: It'd be cute if she found his demo CD :)

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDoctorsAssistant on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:27 pm

(OOC: Haha it would be, I have an idea)

When Noah said he had brought a couple CD's she smiled a little. That meant they wouldn't have to listen to commercials. So she looked at the back seat and bit her lip. In order for her to actually look at the CD's without pulling them all out she'd have to unbuckle. Fear got the better of her so she decided to make it a small game by reaching her hand back and grabbing the first CD she felt in the bag. "Let's go with this one even though I have no clue what it is. It's like a surprise." She said with a small giggle. She didn't even look at the CD as she popped it in the CD player, not knowing it was his demo CD. The voice sounded familiar, but she didn't know who it was. "What CD is this Noah?" She asked him while slightly acknowledging that he said they needed to get gas. She was more interested in the music.

(OOC:Haha Is the demo CD an original song of his or a popular song everyone knows? If it's a popular song in might have Rory begin to sing along with it XD haha.)

TheDoctorsAssistant
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:18 pm

(Ah, my whole post just got deleted -.-" I had to re-write everything again! Second time this happened for this 1x1 too!)

Noah waited for Rory to pick a CD from his handbag, keeping his eyes level with the road. She came back a few seconds later, with a bright fluorescent green CD case. "There should be a label on it," Noah commented when Rory said she had no clue what it was. Most, if not all, of his CDs were labeled neatly with the artist and composer in the front. He pulled back on the car seat, not looking at the case, and waited for the music to start playing on the car speakers once Rory popped it inside. He wanted it to be a surprise too.

You can say Noah was definitely surprised when he heard his voice starting to blast through the speakers along to I'm Yours by Jason Mraz. He hadn't known he's brought the disk with him! He had used this for practice for the audition a couple months ago, to see how he sounded like with the song. He liked it, so he sang the same song for the show. Still, Noah couldn't find himself even more embarrassed. "Uh..It's nothing special." He replied hesitatingly, and trying to play it off cool. He didn't meet eyes with Rory, "You think it's any good?" He found his ego asking before he could help it.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDoctorsAssistant on Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:37 pm

(Gah that sucks big time, I'm sorry I hate it when that happens haha.)

Rory finally took a glance at the CD and saw 'demo' written on it. The pieces of the puzzle finally fit together and she made a face of 'oh wow'. "Nothing special? You've gotta be kidding me, you have a lovely voice." She said with a small smile as she listened to the song some more. She couldn't believe he was a musician. Her father had taught her some stuff, but she couldn't play any instruments and she didn't think her singing was that great. She never really sang in front of anyone and when she did people gave her funny looks.

Finally after a few moments of listening, she spoke again. "You know it'd be real pretty if you had a harmony with it. You know something like..." She said and began singing in harmony with the CD. Her voice had a unique sound to it when she sang, something you didn't hear all the time. When she realized what she was doing her eyes git wide and she threw a hand over her mouth. "Oh I'm so sorry you had to hear that." She said as she quickly turned towards the window, her face bright red.

TheDoctorsAssistant
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:03 am

"Nothing special? You've gotta be kidding me, you have a lovely voice."

At that, Noah felt his cheeks flush pink. He cleared his throat, looking away slightly. He was glad Rory had said that - at least one person appreciated his music. He glanced to the side mirror, to see his guitar on the backseat. He fought the urge to turn off the music, wanting to pick out all the things about his voice that he didn't like. He glanced up surprisingly when Rory suggested to add some harmony to it. A few seconds later, the girl started to singing along with the CD in her own voice. Noah smiled when she blushed, "You're not all that bad either. I like you voice - it's unique." He nodded to the CD player, replaying the song.

"Do it again, I'll sing too if you want.That harmony sounded pretty cool." He offered, looking to Rory. He moved his eyes back to the road when the CD started from the beginning.

â™Ģ Well you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks, now I'm trying to get back.. ♩ â™Ē

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!