Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Non kiddy KH RP.

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Non kiddy KH RP.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DaCookie on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:06 pm

I just wanted to ask who would be interested in something like this?Non kiddy as in your writing mutiple paragraphs and your character isn't a replica of Sora etc.Basically there is no experienced KH RPs so I thought this might be a good idea.If you like, just post/pm.
"See these revolvers
That's why they call us
The same reason the police ain't never caught us
I'm on another level words from a true rebel
I rock your ass and I ain't talking heavy"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DaCookie
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Non kiddy KH RP.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 1LastCry on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:15 pm

DaCookie wrote:I just wanted to ask who would be interested in something like this?Non kiddy as in your writing mutiple paragraphs and your character isn't a replica of Sora etc.Basically there is no experienced KH RPs so I thought this might be a good idea.If you like, just post/pm.

Non-Kiddie? I can pull that off. I've been in plenty of them. And those kinds are usually the best damn ones out there.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

1LastCry
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DaCookie on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:02 pm

The kiddy ones are the best?

One liners are maybe fun if your 12 years old.

DaCookie
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 1LastCry on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:44 pm

The Non-Kiddie ones are the best, is what I said (or rather, typed). You must have I obstruction.

1LastCry
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raging_System on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:03 am

I would be interested in this sort of KH role play. But what do you mean by non kiddy do you mean Dark and adult or just non up beat all the time? Because I think it would be awesome to play a more adult KH where the heartless are gruesome beast's that rip out peoples hearts and eat them to get stronger any one like that Idea?

Raging_System
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 1LastCry on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:47 am

I would imagine such an RP would entail an overall darker element to its plot; something that expanded beyond the combating of heartless and nobodies, but actually, perhaps, having some wild psychological backing within it. That, and clearly a more matured manner of characters, and posting for them, and perhaps more violent combat taking place (ie, being able to write out the death of random NPC.

1LastCry
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mummydove on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:04 pm

I would be.

mummydove
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raging_System on Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:37 pm

@1LastCry
I would enjoy a KH RP like that with a more mature overtone that would be pretty much my dream RP ha ha ha!

Raging_System
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 1LastCry on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Indeed. I just hope that such an RP can be set up.

1LastCry
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raging_System on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Let's all start one then shall we!

Raging_System
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 1LastCry on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:28 am

If Cookie doesn't make one, then we might as well give the old college try, yeah?

1LastCry
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby commodore-fancypants on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:33 pm

It would be interesting. I would love to join! :)
1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.

commodore-fancypants
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raging_System on Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:42 am

I'll start a topic and post it here just give me a bit to think of a basic story for it.

Raging_System
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 1LastCry on Sat May 01, 2010 9:52 pm

Sure you don't want to collaborate at all?

1LastCry
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raging_System on Sun May 02, 2010 1:31 am

Sure! That sounds better to me!

Raging_System
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Sun May 02, 2010 1:39 am

wow a violent, dark, adult KH. I think I've gone to heaven. well not yet since it hasn't been made yet, but It's so close. I hope you will let me join in.
What is a "free" gift ? Aren't all gifts free?
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
He who laughs last thinks slowest!
[b]NEW RP BY ME!! JOIN b]
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/of-gods-and-men/l

chris45
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raging_System on Sun May 02, 2010 11:30 pm

Of course any one could join! We just need to do some planing first.

Raging_System
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 1LastCry on Mon May 03, 2010 10:59 pm

Damn. Now that I've suggested that it be collaborated, I've run dry on ideas. Just my luck. But hell, it's really not the base plot line that'll make the RP more mature, so much as it is how we play it out. I mean, even something so generic as The Keyblade War could be played out to be like any war story. Psychological and moral backdrops to accompany the state of turmoil. And not having random heartless battles every two pages. That seems to be the crux of most 'kiddie' KH roleplays. They just sort of lay on the fighting, and never really give the plots a chance to breath. Really, I think that's all it'll take to make it darker.

1LastCry
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Tue May 04, 2010 3:57 pm

I think what would make it more "mature" and " interesting" is making some of the characters kids or teenagers, I know that might sound stupid , but think about it. if you have kids fighting these monsters, (and you play this out realistically) think about how scared out of their minds they would be, think about how messed up they would be after fighting a monsters that just killed someone. I'm not saying it has to be completely realistic cause kids fighting monsters and winning isn't very real, but just think about how over time with more battles and more pressure on them how they would feel after all of that. To me I think it makes for a good story. I could be wrong, but it's just an idea.

chris45
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raging_System on Wed May 05, 2010 12:39 am

That's a very good point chris but if you think about it really anyone is gonna be scared of monsters that eat hearts I think having a psychological factor makes this all so much better!

Raging_System
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!