Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Not Your Average Heroes (IC)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Not Your Average Heroes (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:41 pm

((OOC can be found here: not-your-average-heroes-ooc-t26649.html ))

Ch.1 Who Are We?

The year is 2132, with crime rates so high, someone had to do something... So the government did a crackdown, sending squad after squad of heavily armed forces into the cities, taking down gang members, posting guards, doing everything they could to "eradicate the world of evil." Luckily they succeeded, but unluckily, they made a decision... they decide to never let this happen again. Sounds all hunky dory right? wrong. They made GHC (Gabes Heating and Cooling) but that's just a front, what it really stands for is Governmental Hero Corp.

They keep it a secret from the general public, it's a large secret, that only a few select government agents know about. Using all the technology at their disposal, they created "powers" thousands upon thousands of serums all with different results. Anything that they could think of became possible... cell manipulation, transformation, pyrokinesis, speed, strength... some came in combinations, but those with more than one injection never lived long.
"Sad, terribly sad" said the reader to the writer, "one of the characters in my book died." The writer smiled "I know the feeling, so did mine."

The lifespan of Kirant: Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

saranm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Not Your Average Heroes (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:33 pm

"We are who we are, and apparently nobody knows who that is. Sure, we have names, but who am I? who are you? evidently it's irrelevant. As far as I know, I'm thirty-two, I have no family, and I appear to not be human. I see something wrong with that, I get flash backs, I remember a wife, a kid, parents... if your listening to this message, my name is Jack, just Jack. If you are hearing me, I either succeeded and escaped, or it all went wrong, if it all went wrong, they might have killed me, if not... I don't know what then... but heed my message: The company isn't who they say they are, you've been lied to and likely taken from a loving family... I used to be like most of you, emotionless, doing what was asked, no questions. I started having these flashbacks, and with them came emotions, I was happy, sad, scared... I have to go now, If you believe a word I've said, escape, find me."

Aeoni slipped off his headphones and switched off his ipod. He sat out, legs overhanging, on the roof of a two story restaurant and looked at the familier grimy window that lead to the secret he had been working for in the past two years. He knew he shouldn't be here, no doubt the government was after him already after he escaped. "Who am i really?" He murmured, below a steady stream of citizens traveled towards their destination. He remembered,

He couldn't here anything but the image came in clear. He was out walking with a pretty girl a little younger then him. His sister maybe? He held a slightly heavy bag in his hands thrown over his shoulder like a rucksack. something smashed into the back of his head and he dropped barely aware of what was going on. He dimly saw her screaming as several men in black suits stuffed her in a car, then drag him inside the back of a van.

Aeoni felt rage rising within him like bile. They had kidnapped him and treated him like an experiment,He was blinded by a bright light. Slowly the room came into view and Aeoni realized he was strapped to a bed with doctors hovering over him. One held a strange syringe full of silvery liquid, He lifted his head to try and get a better look at his surrondings and felt a crushing blow on his forehead. He watched, pain watering in his eyes as several doctors restrained a guard with a nightstick. But he had already seen her, across the room. He felt his mouth open, was dimly aware of him screaming something. It infuriated the guard and he knocked back the restraining doctors, lifting his nightstick and cracking it against his skull

Aeoni smashed his fist against the roof not caring for the pain that lanced through it. He had someone he cared about in their hands and in the same condition as he was a week ago. Standing he lifted the hood on his jacket to cover his face and dropped into the alley below. He stepped into the crowd and immediatly blended in. For now he would have to wait.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Orrin55
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KilroyWasHere on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:19 pm

Daron sat on a trashcan, watching the passerby. Almost nobody payed him any attention- he looked the part of a beggar. Hell, he probably WAS one. None of the "Heroes" had any idea who or what they were.

Leaning in to the trash bag, he thought. Aeoni was probably in the crowd somewhere- he knew him, at least. He only knew a small portion of the so-called-Heroes, and that included his partner. Ah, yes, his partner. A good person and a good friend.

He continued to listen in on the various conversations, making them louder or quieter as they interested him.

KilroyWasHere
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lord of Hats on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:20 pm

Jacob licked his cheese-dust coated lips as he finally, at long last, clicked the "Submit" button. Soon the thread would be full of angry replies, defending the necessity of the measures the government had taken in the name of "fighting crime". No doubt the account would be banned, but maybe, just maybe, somebody would listen and give some serious thought about just what those bastards were up to. Somehow, he doubted it. His hand reached down into the plastic bag once more, and came up empty. That was that for that bag, and it had been the last one, too. Time for groceries.

He got up out of his chair with deceptive ease for somebody of his bulk, and walked to the apartment's refrigerator, brushing crumbs off of himself. Not much in there, aside from the emergency lard-bucket. He'd gone three months without one becoming necessary. Four months. A record. He chuckled to himself sadly as he closed the door once more, and grabbed his wallet and keys. He checked the wallet, full as always. It was always amazing how much people would donate to keep an illegal torrent site up and running. It had been a risk, but judicious use of proxies and hacked PCs, as well as being based on servers in Switzerland had kept it hidden so far.

As he walked down the steps, and out to the street, he considered his situation. Four months. They'd find him soon. They always did manage to track him down, somehow. Then there would be the fight when they tried to either bring him in or kill him. Then he would be forced to leave and set up somewhere else in the country. He would have left for another country, but the lack of a passport always shot that particular idea down. So here he was. Four months into an apartment, waiting for it all to come crashing down.

He parked the car on the street, and headed into the Green's Groceries. He grabbed a cart and started walking along, tending towards the less health-conscious sections of the store. Four months. It was all going to end, soon.

The Lord of Hats
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falling on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:08 am

Leeland laid on the cot in the room provided by the Corporation. He looked at the ceiling, gazing over the several cracks in the paint. He began to count them, his eyes moving from one to the other. After about a minute of this, he rolled onto his side and looked at a spider web in the corner of the room. He watched the spider intently, easily following its movements across the invisible surface of its web.

As he lay there, the door to his room opened. He rolled onto his side to see a man in a suit. He sat up, slinging his legs over the side of the bed and setting them gently on the floor next to his boots. "What do you need?" he asked the man in a gruff voice. "We've suspected an escaped experiment is somewhere nearby living amongst the people. We wish you and Timothy to go retrieve him" he began explaining, "you are allowed to use any means necessary to subdue him." Lee sighed and rubbed his messy hair and stood up, stretching some. "Alright, do you have a location on him?" he asked, heading toward a bathroom. The man began looking through a folder and flipped through a few pages before stopping. "We believe he is living in an apartment nearby, and the most recent report says he is visiting a nearby grocery store" the man said. Leeland nodded and gave a little wave. The man left, the door closing.

Lee flicked on a light switch and entered his bathroom, turning on the lights in there too. He turend to his shower and turned it on, turning the dial toward 'HOT'. He took a quick shower and dressed himself, pulling on his denim jacket last and making sure his sleeves were pulled down. He returned to his bathroom and reached for a contianer of gel. He removed some from the container and began to pull his hair straight back into spikes. Once his hair was correct, he picked up his pistols and stowed them in a pair of holsters the sat next to each other on the left side of his waist. He turned off all the lights in his room, heading for the door and leaving the room.

Leeland wasn't sure where he'd find Timothty at this time of day. Probably sleeping like he should be. He sighed and felt a bit bad for being paired with such an old partner. But, it was the Corporation's choice, not his. He shrugged to his thoughts and continued down the hall in search of Timothy.

Falling
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:55 am

Down the hall, to the left... there he was... probably lazing about as usual until he had received word of their target. Leeland may have been lazy in Timothy's opinion, but that was the spry eighty year old in him speaking. As usual, using the cane for support he walked up behind Leeland and tapped him on the shoulder saying "hurry it up young 'in I ain't got the time to be moving at your speed, might only have a few weeks left ya' know." He smiled at this, chances are he still had a few good years left in him, those injections had been doing his old body wonders.

Timothy began walking in front of Leeland, not checking to see if he was following or not. He used a small bit of his power on himself to make the small walk easier, and started talking "while you were lazing about waiting for orders, I was looking up who we would be likely searching for... in this case, he's a biggun, strong to. He can also regenerate, but it takes alot of his energy..." he staggered a bit due to lost footing before continuing "... Don't let him touch you." Timothy pushed open the door and stepped out, holding it open for his companion.

saranm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falling on Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:25 am

Leeland chuckled at the old man going on about dying in a few weeks. He knew that Timothy had a few mores years thanks to injections. He patted the man lightly on the shoulder, laughing a bit. "So I guess I need to speed it up for you" he said, being to jog lightly next to him.

He stopped jogging like an idiot to listen to what Timothy had to say about their target. He listened to what he had to say, thiknig over the words strong and regenrate intently. So he's big, powerful, and regenerates. Sounds like this could be tough, he thought. He shrugged and continued to follow his partner, closing the door behind the two of them. "So, I'm guessing the market he's at is that old Green's Grocers?" Leeland said, turning his head toward Tim.

Falling
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:20 am

Timothy frowned as his partner made the assumption of where he was, and hit him lightly on the head with his non-electrified cane "assume nothing, expect everything." He wasn't sure where he'd heard that before, but they were good words to live by in his line of work ~but what is my line of work? I hunt people down?~ he pushed the thought out of his head and muttered something about old age getting the better of him. He increased the weight of the air around his partner by a few pounds, his small form of punishment he'd used over the years. And while it likely made him stronger in the long run, it would be uncomfortable for an hour or two.

Timothy began walking off in his normal hobble and said "yes, Greens." He tossed a picture towards his partner, and said "this is him, he may not look like much, but he's evaded capture for about a year or so. And if you can, try to take him alive, it's the companies choice to kill him or not." He looked both ways and crossed the street, a car that was speeding slammed it's breaks on in time to stop itself from running him over. Timothy looked at the driver, smiled slightly and tapped his now electrified can on the hood twice, shorting out all the electronics before continuing across the street.

He walked just a bit further and turned, landing him across the street from the Grocerie store. He put both hands on the cane hook and said to his partner, "I'll go in first, less suspicious when an old man goes in. Wait five minutes and come in after me..." he smiled heavily "then we do what we always do, play it by the ear."

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falling on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:09 am

Leeland let out a slight 'ow' when Timothy hit him in the head. "Alright alright, I'll keep it in mind" he said. And while they were walking, he felt himself suddenly get heavier. He let out a slight groan. Ugh...old bastard, he thought, glaring daggers at his partner behind his back. He hated the old man's methods of punishment. He guessed it was better than more whacks to the head with the cane.

Leeland listened to Timothy as he walked beside him, slightly hunched over. He took the picture and looked at the man. "Hm, well, knowing where he's been from this is obviously not going to be fun" he said, adding a sigh and shrugg. Leeland was shocked at how leisurely Timothy took to nearly being hit by a car. Lee was ready to save the old man's life too. Oh well, can't stop the elderly from strolling through the streets with blindfolds.

He began laughing as they finished crossing the streets. "That's awful. That car looked new too" he said in between laughs. He took a breath and listened to his friend again, making sure hear the whole plan. "Alright, five minutes, that works" he said, nodding. He reached to one of the pistols on his waist dropped the clip; full. He put it back in and checked the chamber; the first bullet was chambered. He did the same with the other one and gave a thumbs up to the old man. "Alright, I'm ready" he said, grinning.

Falling
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fangbanger on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:32 am

"You're just a poor little cub without a mama..." Angela whispered, a paintbrush dancing over the canvas of a nearly finished painting; it was of a tiger cub in the middle of the forest. Angela was always coped up within her room, either writing or painting, she was provided all the items after all. She glanced at the door to her small room, knowing someone was passing in the hallways, and her gaze was the most sinister gaze that one would receive from a 'little girl'. She enjoyed it here, and yet it irked her that she couldn't remember a thing.

She released the paintbrush but it didn't fall, it hovered over to the palette and switched colors, returning back to the canvas and she'd take the brush in hand again, humming while she gave it's finishing touches. Long blond locks drowned her small shoulders and she was in her long nightgown, barefoot in the rather chilly room. Her face was round and young, well maintained for a 'thirty' year old. The girl wore make-up to mask her uneven skin and signs of age, such as wrinkles. And she used moisturizers to keep her skin young and soft, she worked hard to keep her appearance of a little girl and it worked perfectly, but for how long was she planning to do that?
Imagine That! - AdiiLove - SilentButterflies - fangbanger <--- Romantic Lampreys <3

fangbanger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Timothy turned his head only slightly and muttered something about being non-lethal, not expecting him to really hear it. And checking his watch he crossed the street with no more incidents and pushed open the door, putting on the helpless old man act and began to look around. He grabbed a basket, and threw in a few fruits and vegetables to make it look more convincing, before searching out the rest of the store. He went through his brain for the picture of the man, large, greasy... there, that was him.

He checked his watch again, it had been three minutes, it was almost time, so he headed after him. If he could, it wouldn't be wise to start a fight where security camera's could catch you, best make it seem as if he was the one who started it. As soon as he walked past him, he increases the weight of the air just minuscule amounts, in five second interval by the time Leeland got into the store, it would have added up enough to make it noticeable. Timothy suddenly became very interested in the freezer section as he awaited to see what would unfold.

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:11 pm

Aeoni froze, At the worst time too He thought watching the old man walk in the store, leaving the irish man waiting outside. Aeoni recognized them from his days in the government. Still it seemed as tho they were focused on something else so he should be able to pass easily. Weaving in among the crowd he stopped to observe the stalled car and chuckled as the man rambled about an old man recklessly walking in front of him and shutting down his engine.

He turned back towards the grocery store and nearly started when he saw Jacob inside The bastards are going after him! He drew his Revolvers and aimed them carefully at the irish man. To be honest he didn't know what he had for a power, but he didn't want to find out in a nasty way. In truth he was sent after Jacob a while ago, maybe four months ago he had cought him and tried to bring him in. I do feel sorry for that Aeoni thought. He drew closer to the Irish man and neatly planted the barrel in the back of his head. "I would really appreciate it if you just let him go for now" Aeoni whispered
Last edited by Orrin55 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falling on Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:22 pm

Leeland froze hearing the voice behind him. He tried to think as quickly on his feet. Hm, well, I was going to follow Tim in, but it seems I'm not going to be able to do anything with this guy, he thought. He set one hand on one of his guns. "Sorry, but we have orders to take him, and none other" he replied back to him. He shoved his shoulder up at the man's hand, hopefully sending his aim off.

Lee grabbed both his guns and aimed them at the man. "Well, if it isn't Aeoni" he said, his finger brushing over the trigger's on his guns. "So, what brings you to Green's? Need some groceries I'm guessing?" he asked. He didn't keep his eyes off Aeoni, making sure that he will be able to use his power in time to stop a gun shot. He let out a mental breath and let the situaiton process. He didn't know Aeoni's power, and his would probably make this battle just a bit easier.

"So, Aeoni, I heard you were after Jacob before, any advice?" he asked, talking as if this were before the mission. If he got Aeoni too, then he'd get some nice renown with the corporation. Although, this wasn't as easy as he had hoped it would be, was it. Nope, never was.

Falling
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:54 pm

Aeoni felt his hand jerk up as the Irish man shoved his sholder up and sent his aim pointed at the window. Already he had his second revolver pointed at him just as he finished his spin and aimed both pistols at him. He recognized him now, especially with the sarcastic question he gave "Well i was going to get some of my favorite twizzelers before i saw you, Leeland" This was bad, if he was here facing Leeland then the old man inside would be his partner Timothy. "As for advice on how to stop Jacob, i'd perfer not to give it, no doubt you've already heard it from your partner there why listen to a traitor?"

He smirked evilly "Besides two against one just isn't fair, allow me to even the odds a little bit, in fact i have a firm belief that the gun you've knocked away is aimed firmly at your partner" He spoke the truth there, His revolver was aimed at Timothy by the freezers and they had more then enough power to blow through the window several aisles and still kill him. He stared at Leeland in anticipation, already the crowd had begun disappearing and the cops would be here soon. Aeoni had to finish this quickly.

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korokage on Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:33 pm

Orville stood solemnly on the roof top, watching people walk on the ground below. His hair ruffled in the light breeze that picked up, emotionless violet eyes scanning for signs of trouble. He didn't mind or notice the particular lack of autonomy he had when it came to his place in the GHC, after all he did the grunt work and those with no past needed to worry about certian ties and commitments. To be honest the past was irrelevent.

"There you are! Friken son of a..." Orville didn't need to turn around to know that his partner was adressing him. Fair tanned complexion, unkempt brown hair...one piece slightly armored skin tight suit, yellow eyes. That was his appearance in a nut shell.

Violet eyes moving allow him to see on the fringes of his vision, Orville said only this: "Dillinger. An unpleasent suprise. Anything new?"

An incredulous expression of shock and dissapointment spread on Dillinger's features. "Unpleasent?! I'll have you know that I'm your ONLY friend here jerk wipe! And no, unless you count crippled Tim and carrot top going out to collect a freak that ran off."

"Friendship is irrelevent, only the mission matters. And thus far we have not recieved a mission," Orville said in his flat, emotionless and somewhat disturbing monotone speech. "Who were they sent after?"

His partner shrugged, "I dunno, I overheard a conversation about fat slob."

"The only one with such a...vauge discription could only be Jacob. I worked with him once" he said

"Really? What was he like?"

"I wanted to choke the stupid out of him," he sighed, his flat deadpan vocals having a twinge of aggression in it. Not anger persay, just a general desire to inflict harm.

At this Dillinger laughed hysterically, apparently finding humor in his partner's minor display of general dislike. "Excellent! These beaurocrats keep giving you partners like him and we'll have you normal in no time! Now I say we help out Tim and carrot top. You don't mess with fat people, I learned that the hard way."

Orville turned now and strolled towards the roof top entrance to the stairwell. It would be amusing to watch the old man and brash young irish lad flail themselves at Jacob. However knowing their success streak, the job was probably already done; as such he took his time walking down the stairs while Dillinger ran ahead occasionally berating him for walking so slow.
What is life, or death...?

What is boundless, can be restrained.
What is endless, can be stopped.
Anything with an Alpha, has an Omega.
There is no such thing as infinity.

Korokage
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falling on Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:15 pm

Leeland grinned. "Sorry, we just came to pick up some soft drinks before Jacob was here" he said. He twirled his gun slightly, grinning. "Hm, so you do so you do" he muttered. He grinned again, nodding his head toward Aeoni. He felt the time around him begin to slow down and he laughed a little.
Leeland moved Aeoni's gun out of the sights of Tim, pointing it up. He allowed time to speed up again and pressed his gun to Aeoni's head. His other was pointed to his stomach. "Well now, the table's have turned" he said, a smug look on his face.

Falling
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:31 pm

Aeoni stared at Leeland in surprise. He just moved faster then he had anticipated and not only saved his partner, but neatly stopped him from moving "I'm surprised" Aeoni said "Superspeed, no Time?". His mind processed this information quickly, if it was superspeed he'd be able to handle it easily, Time on the otherhand would take luck, strategy, and skill to handle. "You've appeared to have caught me" Aeoni said, He heard sirens in the background "But do you really think this is easy?" He Blinked, took to Leelands side so that his guns faced empty air and planted both revolvers squarely in his head and body. "But now i've caught you" He said

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter170 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:35 pm

Hunter walked down the side walk hands behind his head he glanced around ar the quickly buildings around him and smiled they were in near ruins this was without a dought one of the worst parts of town.

He glanced down at his partner "wanna here somthing strange? this is without a doubt one of my favorite areas in town, its run down, dirty, and still has a slight crime rate, and for some reason i totally dig it."
"insanity is like gravity... all it takes is a little push"

Hunter170
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lord of Hats on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:22 pm

Jacob was staring blankly at a rack of chips, trying to decide between Loaded Spud and Dill Pickle, when he felt the hairs on the back of his neck rise. Or rather, fail to rise. Ordinarily he'd have dismissed it as his well-learned paranoia. But at four months in...

Calmly, taking care not to betray what he knew, he grabbed both bags of chips, and dropped them into the cart, turning in such a way as he did so that he got a look down the aisle behind him. There, staring at the frozen pizzas. The old man was doing a good job pretending to be considering them, but Jacob knew well the expression of concentration that some people got when they were using their powers. Orville had had that expression a lot. He started slowly pushing his cart towards the register, and started dissembling.

Learning to run two tracks in your mind at once took a lot of practice, and for most people would be completely worthless. But when you have a legitimate reason to be wary of psychics, and nothing better to do with your time, it was amazing what you could learn to do. So as his upper layers started naming off snack foods at random, the second, obscured level started running a mental checklist. There was no charge in the air, so that ruled out atmospheric manipulation, and they probably wouldn't send a psychic on point, though he couldn't rule out the possibility that they'd started sending other duals after him... the air! That was it, the air! Jacob hadn't noticed up until now, so the man must have been doing it gradually, and his strength would have been compensating for the difficulty, but the air around him was definitely getting stiff. That could mean any number of things, from element control to density manipulation to a particularly skilled telekine, but at least now he had the guy at least half figured out.

Alright, walk slowly towards the register, can't let this guy know I've got him figured out, or he'll stop me in my tracks, and all the strength in the world isn't going to help if I can't get leverage. Stop, grab the twinkies, it's what you'd do normally. It's getting harder to breathe, he's still ramping it up... stay in the camera's view, he's not allowed to do anything obvious where it can be recorded...unload the cart, nod at Amy as she start scanning the groceries, through a candy bar in the mix as well... actually, make that two, I'm going to need some quick calories soon... pay for the groceries... shit, his partner I forgot about his partner where's his partner... tell Eric it'll be plastic, not paper, it'll be easier to carry out to the car, so I can leave the cart behind right outside the door... tip Eric a dollar, like always... out the door... shit, there's his partner... wait, the hell is Aeoni doing here?

Carefully, Jacob walked past the standoff, doing his best to make it look as though he hadn't noticed. They always thought he was stupid, even though he'd evaded capture for the past year. They probably thought he was a big fat idiot who only lasted this long because he was a dual. Not that he particularly minded. It always helped when they underestimated him. He pretended to ignore the other two, and walked to his car with difficulty, the pressure around him starting to become tough to move around in. Aeoni could take care of himself. After all, if he needed to get away, he'd have no problem blinking out of there. Hopefully he'd stop the goons long enough for Jacob to get away.

He had tossed the groceries into the back seat, and just opened the driver's side door of the car, when a thought struck him. He shook his head and sighed. This wasn't going to be easy after all. He knew from experience that although Aeoni could blink all over the place, he couldn't blink straight up, or out of a super-strong grip... or out of an airy prison. Making a decision, he stepped halfway into the car, and made the effort to take a deep breath. Facing the showdown, he shouted at the top of his lungs.

"YOU MAY HAVE FOUND ME HERE, ASSHOLES, BUT YOU'LL NEVER FIND MY APARTMENT!"

He struggled into his car, slammed the door shut, thumbed the ignition, and floored the accelerator. With any luck, he'd make it out of the old guy's range before he was brought to a dead stop. With more luck, he'd have enough time at the apartment before they arrived. There were preparations to be made.

The Lord of Hats
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:36 pm

He was leaving, he knew they were there... and he had enough of his food to last him being pumped full of lead, not a good sign. Timothy wouldn't be able to catch up to him, not unless that rocket wheelchair idea he put through was actually convincing... no, Leeland would have a better chance of catching up to him before then. Then again maybe not.

Leeland appeared to be to busy having guns pointed at him by... was that Aeoni? yes, that was him. "I really wish I had the time to take you in, but I have a few more pressing matters to attend to." He shouted at them, as he continued to hobble ever closer "now son, you have a choice to make, put down those guns, or I peel off your skin layer by layer. If you put the gun down, your free to go for now." He was getting closer, probably to have a gun pointed at his chest in a matter of seconds... "Leeland, you do know that we have someone else to catch right? well, it appears he is gone, and it appears he'll be out of my range just before he reaches his apartment."

saranm
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!