Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Okay so I am new to this site and I need a little help

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

Okay so I am new to this site and I need a little help

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Willowstone on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:40 pm

Like I figured out how to make a roleplay and make characters for one's I made. But I'm not sure how to join other people's roleplays. Like make a charater for the one roleplay. if you understand what I'm saying.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Willowstone
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Re: Okay so I am new to this site and I need a little help

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Willowstone on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:03 pm

anybody? I'm feeling ignored

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Willowstone
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:25 pm

I hope you'll believe that nobody's ignoring you, Willowstone! It looks like nobody was looking when you posted this thread. If, in the future, you do feel like your questions are going unanswered, please feel free to send a message to any of the Mentors (the navy blue names) and we'll get back to you ASAP. If you need help figuring out how to send a private message, I can help you with that.

So, welcome to the site! We're supremely glad to have you. It's too bad you've gotten a bad impression, but hopefully I can remedy that.

Let me make sure I understand what you're having trouble with. You know how to create a role play, and you can create a character for your own role play, but you do not know how to create a character for another role play?

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Willowstone on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:40 pm

correct and sorry about being slow I'm on a couple different websites and yeah.

Willowstone
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:50 pm

Sorry about the late response. I was on the road, on the way home from class. I kinda left you hanging, didn't I?

So, to join another role play, first you need to open up its page. I'll assume you're familiar with it since you've created one already, but if not, I will be glad to explain it in great detail. Once you've got it loaded up, click the Characters tab. You'll see a bunch of characters that are already a part of the RP, but if you scroll down you'll find the Character Application. You need to fill out all the fields here (except the "avatar" picture is not necessary) and then click Submit at the bottom of the page.

Alternatively, from the Introduction tab you can find a Submit a New Character button along the right-hand side. If you click that, you'll be taken straight to the application.

Once you've filled out the sheet and pressed Submit, you'll be immediately sent a private message with a link to your character. Now, you just need to wait for the GM of the RP to accept it, and then you can start posting. You'll know when you've been accepted if your character appears in the Characters tab. Generally, the GM will inform you if you've been accepted, but if not that is how you'll check.

Does that help you out? Let me know if there's anything I can explain further.

You're probably fine in this regard, but if you're not sure how to fill out the character application, take a gander at this video. (YouTube link)

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!