Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Once Upon a Time Series:The Curse, The Cricket, and The Wolf

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!
Once Upon a Time (Based on the TV series)

Spoiler alert! There are spoilers beyond this point.

The Cricket and the Wolf

Once upon a time in a faraway land, the fairytale characters we love and know lived dark lives twisted in fear of the evil queen. Two such characters, Red Riding Hood and Jiminy, led lives that were changed forever when they first morphed into a wolf and cricket. The two sought solace from one another as friends, having experienced similar nightmarish deaths, deaths that they caused...

Some time later, Red’s and Jiminy’s minds were obliterated, along with those of other fairytale characters, until their bodies became home to other people to live their lives in a world that was not their own. Ruby and Archie found each other there, just as they had once before, as different people in a different place. But what will become of them and their friends once the curse is broken and their minds are once again set free?

This role play will involve Ruby/Red Riding Hood (played by me) and Dr. Archie Hopper/Jiminy Cricket (played by my role play partner) as the main characters. Will there be other characters we know and love from the TV show? Of course! The more the merrier! It keeps the plot interesting and helps with character development. But the main focus will be on Ruby/Red and Archie/Jiminy and how their friendship evolves into romance (known as Red Cricket for those of you who didn’t know).

What will happen in this role play? Where will it take place? Those are questions that are up for discussion. My idea for the storyline is that it starts out before the curse is broken, when Ruby and Archie are just that, and they have a friendship that develops into something more. I’m really big on characterization, character development, and detail, so I have some more specific thoughts in mind to keep things interesting. I would like to intersperse this “present day” plot with snippets from their past lives in Fairytale Land where applicable, similar to the way the show goes back and forth between Fairytale Land and Storybrooke. I’m also interested in exploring their characters and what they’re going through after the curse is broken, including moving forward beyond what the second season has shown us so far. As I said before, though, I would love to discuss these ideas with my role play partner, change them, and add in any ideas they have, too!

All About Moi: Greetings! Call me Iri! I'm looking for a role play partner for a one-on-one advanced/literate role play. I role played for about six years on another site and have written fanfic and creative original pieces of my own. I’m very, very excited to get this role play going!

As far as what I'm interested in for this role play, I would enjoy a slow-building fantasy romance that abides by the rules of the site. While I don't currently have a completely fleshed-out idea of what this role play will entail, I am interested in working with my role play partner before and during the role play to develop an interesting plot.

What I’m Looking For in a Role Play Partner: I am interested in finding one role play partner (this is a one-on-one) who will post multiple times a day (I would love to be able to role play back and forth with my partner on a consistent basis) and is willing to develop characters who have flaws. Most importantly, all characters must remain in character in order for the role play to stay interesting. :) In addition, my role play responses can be roughly three paragraphs in length (sometimes more). I would be happy with similar post lengths from my partner. :) I am most interested in a long-term role play partner; I enjoy drawing out plotlines and developing characters and that can't happen in a role play that occurs for only a week. Long-term only, please! :D Lastly, I’d prefer for this to take place over PM.

Please note that my role play partner must be an adult; I only feel comfortable role playing with someone who is an adult. Please do not respond to this interest check if you aren’t. The content of this role play will abide by the rules of RolePlayGateway.

If interest wanes in this role play, speak up so we can create new plot twists! If you no longer wish to role play or you need to take a break for a vacation or whatever, let me know; I would do the same.

I believe that's just about it! If you have any questions or are interested in role playing, please PM me with any ideas you have! I look forward to hearing from you! :D I’d love to get this role play started ASAP!
Last edited by IridescentMoon on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~*~Oh, what fools these mortals be!~*~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

IridescentMoon
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Bump! Anyone? :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

IridescentMoon
Member for 14 years

Bump x 2! Still looking! Very interested in role playing this plot! :D PLEASE PM me!

IridescentMoon
Member for 14 years

Re: Once Upon a Time Series:The Curse, The Cricket, and The

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heather1205 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:19 pm

I love OUAT. I think I'd be interested in this.

Heather1205
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Bump some more! :D

IridescentMoon
Member for 14 years

Still looking for someone! Please PM me. :D

IridescentMoon
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!