Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

No Dominion

OOC: No Dominion

a part of “No Dominion”, a fictional universe by NomDePlume.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “No Dominion”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: OOC: No Dominion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Thu May 02, 2013 7:22 pm

Hah. Yeah. This is my first RP on RPGateway I didn't realize you couldn't alter the place- honestly I didn't know what the first place was. -_- So there is this unused Aeon place- even though we'll honestly always be in Aeon in the RP. I just wanted to divide things up in chapters. This is what I get for trying to be neat- I made a bigger mess.

As much as order goes- there really doesn't have to be any. Just get one post for the one post that the monster gets. So we inevitably still have rounds- but they aren't in any order unless you are waiting for someone to respond to something you do. Sound good?

Anyway- um- sorry for being slow I didn't realize we had three people post. Apparently I'm not getting my thread notifications for the OOC or the RP. I'll get right onto writing for the monster. Sorry for the delay.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leli on Sun May 05, 2013 4:39 pm

Well, I'm glad to see I didn't post IC by mistake. I was gone over the weekend was what I tried to say Friday evening, but I guess it's irrelevant now.

Got some questions about Mr Cuddles though:

How big are the eyes, as they seem to be the only weak point, and is the underbelly and inside of the legs thick hide as well or thinner fluffier skin? Other than that I don't know of anything that wasn't already explained by it crashing through homes and the like.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Leli
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Mon May 06, 2013 5:39 pm

Ah- yeah- no worries. I wouldn't have penalized you for it or anything, because I truly need to be on top of things better.

Ah Mister Cuddles. I thought about calling him Snuffleupagus- but realized that is a bit complicated to regurgitate again and again.

Good question.
The eyes are about tennis ball sized, and yes- they are probably his only viable weakness from the front but there are about 50 of them- 25 on each side, and they can swivel to get different angles much like a chameleons. So you would have to take out at least 10 for his vision to suffer. His underbelly is more or less just thinner hide. It is still durable, but you would have far better luck sticking a sword up there than you would the rest of him.

And it should be noted this guy doesn't exist naturally in Aeon, or I probably would have mentioned it. So he doesn't have any name or known weaknesses or strengths. Yep. He is our first clue. Now time to draw him in our handy dandy notebook!

Hur hur.
Ignore me.

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Fri May 10, 2013 12:48 pm

Blues Clues theme song stuck in my head... curse you!~

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leli on Tue May 14, 2013 5:14 pm

For the next round why don't we use the RPG write so the combat posts flow more naturally? It's just a thought because I know I meant to write my character closer to the beast then I believe was understood.

Leli
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Sun May 19, 2013 4:38 pm

I think I may just stick with this method because it is easier for me to keep up with. And honestly the attack posts don't have to be that long. I understand there is only so much action that you can ram into a post without it getting GMy or redundant.

Also I'm mainly working off of stats when characters make certain moves, and how well they were written for the rest of the move. It was nothing against your post really. It was just the idea of where the monster was in relation to everything that was happening.

Hm- do I need to start poking people?
*gets the finger of poking ready*

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Mon May 20, 2013 8:04 am

I'm waiting on the others before I jump in again.

Basta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fallout539 on Mon May 20, 2013 7:21 pm

I apologize for my laziness in posting. I'll get to work on a little reply for Nela.

fallout539
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leli on Mon May 27, 2013 3:20 pm

I just bought a house so I'll be moving over the course of the next week and a half and won't be able to post.

Leli
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Wed May 29, 2013 6:50 pm

Well. Considering the lull in posting I guess I'll go ahead and do another round if just to get us moving again. For those of you that haven't posted- this is going to take a couple of days (busy week) and so you have time to get a post in. Pretty much the beast is going downhill, and so I won't throw you guys to the wolves or anything. But next time I might. Also if you have any suggestions or complaints about this fight throw them my way. They were meant to be a bit more fast paced than this ended up being- so any help in that department is more than welcome.

And no problem Leli! Thanks for letting me know! I'll just GM your character for a bit- nothing much- just to make sure you stay up with everyone. c: No interactions or personal bits.

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Thu May 30, 2013 3:18 pm

I haven't posted, but I haven't abandoned. I have been checking it. This fight is just emphasizing my character's short comings, and a post with her running around like a chicken with her head cut off seemed pointless. Combat for non-combatants is difficult! I'll work on getting around it in the future.

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:05 pm

That is fine. I realize this fight is more about just brute overpowering than most of them will be. There will be many where Aurelia's power comes in handy- like discerning bad guys out in an area with low visibility. There will also be many just conversational settings where is more fully utilized. I guess if you really have nothing to offer to a battle- let me know and we can give something else for your character to do or just skip you until it is over. Next time there will probably more than one goal with a battle so it won't seem so stereotypical: beat it till its' dead.

Anyway guys the fight is over. You have free reign. Have fun. c:

And feedback is wanted on how this went and how it can be improved.

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:37 pm

Hello-? Did I lose everyone?
-_-

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leli on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:48 pm

I'd just made a post IC, so I was really hoping someone else would take the leap and continue it on from that point as opposed to a short gruff retort from me. So I'm still here, just patiently awaiting a good jump in.

Leli
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Thanks Leli.
c:

Anyway- I guess getting a head count would be nominal. And honestly if the lack of posting is from a lack of detail on my part and you guys need something else to work with do let me know. I'm not going to start biting heads off for asking. You guys are seasoned RPers in my eyes, and so if I'm not giving you enough to work with then I accept that. Just let me know.

Don't die RP.
*pets it slowly*

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NomDePlume on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:26 pm

I hate to say this but it has been 10 days and so I'm assuming this RP is D-E-D dead. I'll give it a few more days so you can collect character information and what not you wanted to keep from this RP, and then I'll can it all nice and neat. I hate to do this to my FIRST RP considering it is going to murder my little score there, but I can't run an RP if EVERYONE has jumped ship.

It was a wonderful RP while it lasted, and honestly- I have no idea what went wrong. Not to sound egotistical but since I never heard a complaint I never assumed there were problems otherwise.

*sends her favorite RP off to sleep with the fishes* ;_;

NomDePlume
Member for 11 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!