Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Open Challenge

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Open Challenge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:33 am

((It's been awhile since I last battled. I'd like to get in some practice before I forget completely how to play. While I don't mind playing any power level, it would be nice to have a high speed, high quality, high power battle. Regardless though, I must ask to start with some melee for warmup. There's this new weapon I'm just dying to test.

Generally speaking, I'd prefer a minimum of a paragraph per post and a maximum of ten. Not a hard rule but please keep it reasonable. I want enough information to be able to react and enjoy the battle but I don't want to read a text book's worth only to realize there is naught but a single attack.

I'd appreciate it if there were no: Time, Space, Negation, Infinite abilities. If you post something unreasonable - for example abilities not found in profile, or being stabbed through the heart and still walk around like nothing has happened - my generally response would be to ignore it by including the reasoning in my post. Feel free to do the same to me.

And let me know if you feel I did anything out of place/unreasonable via pm. As long as there is respect and reason, I don't mind discussing the issue. If I have been proven wrong I will very gladly correct my mistakes. If however, you start a flame war or attack me ooc, know that I will return fire. Not saying it will happen. But just a heads up. Don't start one.

If you won't post/respond for more than a week's time, please let me know before hand or I'll assume you surrender and post accordingly.

All in all, I hope the battle proceeds well and... please have fun :) Post your profile, and I'll try to cater a template character roughly the same power levels. If you have any preferences, be sure to let me know too. I'll try to accommodate.))

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

souloe
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Open Challenge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masterblade600 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:23 am

OOC:I've never really done a Battle before. I'm not sure if you'd be willing to fight a newcomer though so before i come up with a character or anything i was wondering if you would.
A Guy:Have you ever tried the Roleplay tab?
Me:Yes i have done it multiple times. But every time i failed. So guess what i think of it now.
A Guy:What do you think of it now?
Me:Why the Hell do i need it?
"Roleplay your way!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

masterblade600
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:32 pm

((Sure. Go ahead and post a profile. On that note, would you like a quick tutorial for warm ups?))

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masterblade600 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:02 pm

(Sure I'd go for a tutorial.)

And the challenger is....

Newcomer

Newcomer is a being born of anger and hatred completely made up of the darkness from the souls of many brawlers. His entire body is pure black. He is skinny and is about five feet tall. He has long hair and a single large blood red eye. He fights using 4 different weapons. He uses martial arts, His arms can turn into swords, He can spawn a gatling gun from his back for a short period of time, and small daggers come from the bottom of his feet.

masterblade600
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:16 pm

((K. I'll touch briefly on the different aspects of a battle as we warm up then. It will be a good review for me too. If you want to know more details feel free to ask. Here's my profile. This is a simple conventional layout. Usually, the more important things to note in a battle catered profile are the following: (note most people like to add more than just these four... whatever you feel neccessary)

1. Name - for referencing in posts
2. Appearance - something for show, a visual
3. Capabilities - abilities/equipments/etc; defines the battle
4. History - Gives reasons to the many 'why'-s of a character. A story.

On a side note. A number of players avoid using guns in general cause some would consider it over powered. Others may blatantly ignore it and dodge it without care like you see in certain cartoon/anime shows. So... use at your own discretion.

Otherwise, would you like to begin the first post? Go ahead and make your introductions both to your character and to the environment you want to fight in. Usually fighting begins only after each player has made their respective intro posts.))

~~~

Template Name: Animus Miser
Height: 5"1'
Eye Color: Azure
Hair: Short unkempt caramel blonde
Race: Flame Elemental (Humanoid)

Appearance:
Animus wears a simple white mask covering his face and leather clothing -shirt, pants- serving as light cloth armor. Over the lightweight design are four metal constructs known collectively as Blade Guards. (refer below) His frame is sturdy and his form, though not bulky, seems to suggest a considerable amount of training.

Ability:
Flame. Due to lineage, Animus is aligned with the respective element able to manipulate both flame and temperature freely at will able to also release and consume them freely. His strongest is the white flame.

Armor:
Animus carries a four piece set for armor. They are... Gauntlets reaching to the elbows + Sabatons reaching to the knee. The gauntlets are given a linear blade pointing backwards towards and just past the shoulders beginning at the wrist. The sabatons are given an almost ax like blade attached roughly where the calves ares.

Main Weapon:
Flamberge - A blade enchanted with magic aligning with the fire element able to increase temperature to a dangerous level spew massive amounts of flames to overwhelm the opponent.

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masterblade600 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:29 pm

Newcomer stood in the center of a small forest clearing. A couple of corpses were lying on the ground near him. Blood dripped from his hand. The blood of his enemies. Newcomer began to continue with his journey but he stopped only after walking a few feet. He could sense something. Something strong. Would he finally be going up against an opponent that matched his skill? Or would it be another easy target that would be quickly killed by a blade through the heart or a few sprays of lead? Newcomer was going to find out. He turned around and said "Come out from wherever you are. Your death is near."

masterblade600
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:20 pm

((An introduction is an important post. It sets the mood for the rest of the battle and gives your opponent a brief understanding of both yourself and your character. It is also here that you set up the reasons for battle or any plot based information you want to include.))

::Phileo Arentus - Introduction::
It was 9... perhaps 10am in the clear morning sky. The brilliant sun hovered high casting deep shadows through the canopy below. Only a small clearing in the lush forest was illuminated brightly as if it were the stage to a grand performance. And deep in the center stood the bloody idol, a warrior or sorts, now alerted. "Come out from wherever you are. Your death is near."

"Tss." Escaped a small snicker from a position north just behind the treeline. Sure enough, an armored hand - gauntlet of sorts - waved from behind the tree. "Ma~yi..." And the elemental walked out from the shadows scratching his blonde hair clearly ignoring the death threat as if they were nothing important. "I guess I can have some fun while I wait."

From Arentus' words it seems he had other businesses here but was now focused on Newcomer instead. Coming to roughly three meters away from Newcomer, Phileo removed his mask and briskly tossed it aside. His sword remained sheathed with the scabbard hanging around his waist to his back. "What's your name boy?" The elemental swordsman seemed laid back but his stance was clearly in the ready as if already expecting sudden movements. His azure eyes drifted left and right marking the corpse, reading their fading temperatures and making note of the way they were killed. "Not too fond of visiters eh?"

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masterblade600 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:11 pm

"You want to know my name huh? Sadly i don't have one. You can call me the Newcomer though. Before i kill you it'd be nice to know your name." Newcomer said. Newcomer turned his right arm into a sword pointed it at the man then said "Another question i have is how would like to die? Death by Sword? Death by Dagger? Or maybe I'll even use my best weapon on you and kill you with a spray of lead. Your pick. Personally i like using the sword." Then he walked up to the man and he put his sword/arm to the man's neck. "You better choose quick before i choose for you." Then he turned his other arm into a sword and put it to the back of the man's neck. "And you wouldn't like my choice. My choice is SLOWLY decapitating you."

masterblade600
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:29 am

((While you are free to control your character, it is generally better to note that an attack is an attempt as opposed to an absolute truth. Simply because your opponent has the right to interfere maybe by dodging, maybe guarding, etc. As long as it is not an actual attack though -persay what you did with the sword- I guess people are less picky about this rule. Here (example below) is a case where even if it is not an attack, people might still want you to declare it as an attempt.

On a different note, there are more ways to combat than simply exchange of blows. I have already included some such efforts in my previous post. See if you can spot it. :) I won`t go too much into these since this is only a brief tutorial; but just so you know they exists.))

::Phileo Arentus::
"Phileo Arentus." The man announced with confidence. Casually raising his left arm, Arentus nudged the back of his hand at Newcomer's sword as if asking silently for Newcomer to remove it. "So you will grant me death in a manner of my choosing?" A smirk creased over Arentus' face.

"Alright, then I'll choose death by means of..." Suddenly, without warning at such close range, Phileo pushed with his back leg (the left leg) forcing his body forward aiming to drive its full force into his fist attempting to hit Newcomer just below the ribs to knock the breath out of him. "Old Age."

By moving with the back leg, Phileo effectively created a sliding motion that eliminated the initial signs of attack aiming to catch his opponent off guard. With his left hand already in place, Arentus made sure to guard his neck against Newcomer's sword. Finally, dispite his manner of attack, Arentus did not move his punching arm but instead locked it in an 'L' position allowing only his sliding body to generate the attacking force.

"Haha. I've always wanted to say that at least once. What do you think? Not a bad choice ya?"

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masterblade600 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:18 am

The blow knocked Newcomer through the air and into a tree. "You tricky bastard. That stung a little but it only gave you some more time to live. Simple attacks can't hurt me because my body is made of pure darkness." Newcomer said. Newcomer turned his left arm back into a normal arm. Then he ran forward and did a back flip into the tree then he pushed off of it with his legs. Newcomer pointed his right arm which was still in sword form straight at Phileo Arentus. His plan was to drive the sword right through Phileos heart. "Eat this old man!!!"

masterblade600
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:53 pm

((Flashy moves are interesting to look at but if they are too predictable then it would be countered easily.

Some people consider it good sportsmanship to take some hits thoughout the battle even if they could easily have dodged it. A give and take in hopes that their opponents too will take some hits. Personally I don't rely on this system to land my blows but depend on who you play it might be a good idea to do so.

While it feels nice to have an all powerful character, be careful not to fall into that trap in the future; if you make yourself immune to all damage then people are going to have issues of how your character is broken. Even accuse your of godmodding. No contest.))

He's lighter than I thought. Arentus decided silently as Newcomer soared through that distance all the way towards the trees. Readying himself once again, Phileo took a side way stance this time holding both palms up at chest level. He stood very still, however, as if accepting Newcomer's challenge head on.

Now! Just as the blades came close, Phileo pushed his body back (or to the side from Newcomer's point of view considering it was a side stance) with his left leg just enough to dodge the incoming sword. Landing almost instantly on his right leg, Phileo rebounded throwing his right fist in the same manner as last time aiming again for below the ribs as if looking for the same reaction.

"You gotta do better than that boy."

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masterblade600 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:13 pm

The punch just barely missed but Newcomer also missed and slammed into a tree. "Ow! I'll kill you eventually. How about i let you meet my big friend!" He said then he stood up turned around and quickly pulled his Gatling Gun from his back. Newcomer pointed the gun at the man and began firing. "I'd like to see you get around this! If you can survive a few sprays from my Gatling Gun I'll be impressed." Newcomer said smiling. He doubted that even this man with his tricks could survive cold hard lead.

masterblade600
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:49 pm

((Dodging an attack is good but saying nothing except 'that it missed' is not good enough. To make a dodge, you should describe what your character did and provide sufficient reason as to why and how the opponent's attack missed.))

To dodge the fastest bullet in the world, one needs only not be in its linear trajectory at the moment of fire.

Arentus watched again as Newcomer slammed into the tree. "So a Gatling Gun this time eh?" As soon as Newcomer lined up his aim Phileo burst right dodging the initial spray of lead as he also began closing the distance. The bullet barrage ripped through the earth where the elemental swordsman once was, continuously, unceasingly. But no matter how much lead Newcomer pumped into the ground, as long as Phileo was not there it would be meaningless. Arentus was careful to dodge not the bullets themselves but the line of fire marking its trajectory.

"But you know, boy, the thing about guns... is that they have very predictable trajectory." As long as Phileo can dodge faster than Newcomer's aim... a gun is really no big threat.

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masterblade600 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:14 pm

"Here's a cheap trick of my own!" Newcomer yelled then he spawned a second Gatling gun and began firing both in separate directions then he began quickly spinning creating a circle of bullets around the clearing. He shouldn't be able to dodge this. No matter how powerful, fast and skilled he is i should be able to damage him a little with this. I can't keep it up long though. These guns are made from my body and that means having two out at once is a heavy burden. Newcomer thought to himself hoping the man didn't have mind reading abilities. If he did he would know his weakness.

masterblade600
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:10 pm

((It looks like you are being more creative. Good. Creativity is a good tool but that alone is not enough when fighting more experienced players. As you get better, you will most definitely pick up more skill sets for battle. These skills are what set apart good players from the not as good players.

On a different note, the environment can prove to be quite useful at times. If you have the opportunity, don't forget to use them. They may be the extra edge you need to win your battle.))

Having watched his opponent as well as gauged their distance, Arentus continued his dash running up the height of a close by tree to dodge the radial spin and barrage. The bullets raged firing in a predefined pattern but none seemed to reach up into the sky where Phileo was.

Quickly, since he already closed in a significant distance, Arentus launched himself off the bark of the tree into a quick aerial somersault throwing his full weight into his heel aiming its full force down to crack Newcomer's skull and to crush his brain.

"Better."

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedPinkCyanOrange on Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:02 pm

I hope that it wouldn't be a problem to enter into this battle. Kind of uneven as I could see. I'll be using......

Name: Uchiha Madara
Height: 5' 8"
Eye Color: Black
Hair: Long and spiky
Hair color: Jet Black
Occupation: Co-founder of Konohagakure and Leader of the Uchiha clan
Eye powers: Sharingan, Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan

Appearance:
Madara's hair is waist length. While still relatively young, he had creases under each eye. He wears a black body-suit and gloves with a red samurai-like armor.

Ability:
Madara is considered by many notable individuals to be one of the most gifted shinobi in history and the most powerful that has ever been produced within the Uchiha clan. He has been noted to have been born with particularly powerful chakra, which even the Nine-Tails claimed to be far more sinister than that of its own. Quantity wise, Madara has shown to have exceptionally large amounts, able to use several high-level and chakra-taxing techniques in quick succession while remaining unfazed. The fact that he fought and survived numerous battles with Hashirama Senju, who was recognised as the strongest ninja in the world in his time, prior to their truce indicates that Madara was also one of the strongest ninja of his time.

I wish to fight against your character soon...

RedPinkCyanOrange
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!