Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pandaemonium - A Post-Apocalyptic Urban Fantasy Story

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Pandaemonium - A Post-Apocalyptic Urban Fantasy Story

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vapor viper on Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:17 pm

I'm kind of iffy about posting this in the Roleplayers Wanted section as it's far from finished, but I'm looking for input and interested parties and apparently this is the place to do it.

Here is the basic gist: In the year 2018, the world ended. Or at least it did for the people of the UK and Ireland. The sun set for the last time, earthquakes split the land and brought flames to the surface, grotesque monsters appeared all over the two countries and generally everything went to... hell. A huge, red, stationary moon hung in the sky, giving everything a permanent, reddish tint. The British Isles and Ireland were surrounded by a wall of black fog which no vessel could pass through unscathed. And London and many other metropolitan areas were completely consumed by disaster and unstoppable monstrous attackers. For a while, it looked like everything was over.

But eventually the panic died down. After the first few days (twenty-four hour cycles, but without the usual sunrises and sunsets) the earthquakes and storms ceased almost entirely. It became clear that many of the monsters chasing down the remaining humans were far from unkillable. And people realised that much of the country had not been touched by disaster or even the feet of hideous creatures. New settlements were established, in areas where not much had changed and few monsters were to be encountered. In the absence of the government, as well as a unified police force, new societies sprang up with new defenders. People in general started to adapt... in more ways than one. Far from being untouched by the changes sweeping through the two nations, humans by the thousands were starting to show mutations of their own. Some grew horns and tails and other such animalistic traits and took on inhuman skin tones, becoming "devils" to fit with the new hellish environment. Others gained the ability to manipulate bizarre supernatural forces that soon came to be known as magic. And those were far from the only changes that people underwent in those early days, and continued to undergo in the following years.

The setting of the roleplay is ten years after the Last Sunset. Humanity has, to all intents and purposes, got used to life in hell. The rapidly changing flora and fauna have become crops to subsist on, and quarry to hunt. Those who undergo mutations are no longer feared to the extent that they were in the beginning. And across the country the anarchy and despotism that sprung up in the early days of the new world have given way to functioning societies... in most places, anyway. But new powers are also arising, some human and some hellish. Those who were once part of the nation's armies have now split into varying factions, all following their own unknowable motives. The monsters that tore apart the nation's cities are now turning their gaze outward, to the flourishing remnants of humanity. And in the depths of destroyed London, the Big Smoke, the greatest threat the nation has ever seen is preparing to rear its head once more.

I got kind of carried away there but that is the "basic" "gist".

Come check it out, anyway. It's a work in progress and all input is welcomed.

And just to clarify, I'm NOT currently accepting character submissions. If you come up with a character idea and want to run it by me, by all means drop me a PM, just please don't go writing up any huge character sheet until a) the roleplay is actually ready to start and b) I've told you that you can be a part of it.

kthnx

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

vapor viper
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!