Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pangaea - 2667 AD

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Pangaea - 2667 AD

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinisterMaximilian on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:28 pm

It is year 2667, only a year after the Earth experienced another Pangaea occurance.
This occurance is known to several hundred million as the Apocalypse.
During this occurance, all of Earth's continental plates move and shift in extreme motion of about 500 feet per second causing all continents to collide into a super continent, known as Pangaea. This movement was so bad, it killed 84% of the people on Earth.
Only 1 billion humans exist after the Apocalyptic event, all living on what was the African continent.
Wildlife sprang up as if trees were growing by the second. Everywhere is jungle land, with over 200 times more wildlife than in the year 2009.

Some have decided to venture out of post-African territory and create new nations.
These that have decided to do so are you all that join this, if you join you'll get to control one nation.
These nations have to help, compete, and survive through the disastrous event.

Your obviously not getting a massive continental-sized nation at the very beginning, only an average sized nation until exploration grows.
Trade, War, and Discovery are the only ways to form the perfect nation from the ruins of the old nations.

Here is the Map of Pangaea:

You'll pick where you want your nation in Pangaea.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nation Sheet
Nation Name: Name of your Nation

Government Type: Monarchy, Theocracy, Democracy, Republic, Tyranny, Fascism, Dictatorship, or Communism.

Notable Leaders: Dictator, Monarch (King or Queen), Theocratic Pope, President, Representative, or Tyrant. (This is the person YOU ARE GONNA PLAY AS)

Places of Interest: National Capital or City.

Main Language: (Obviously your gonna speak English in the post, but others that don't have the same language won't understand you IC)

Main Laws or Aspects: Anything that separates you from most other nations, laws that hold your nation together. Without these your nation WILL fall apart.

Leader (Your character) Sheet
Full Name: Name of your character
Previous Nationality: Nationality before the Apocalyptic event happened
Appearance: Give a medium sized description of what he looks like, and his attitude/emotions.
Biography: His past life during and before the Apocalypse.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To trade with others, you'll have to ask them if you want to trade the following for the following. Simply use this form to do so:

Trading Nation:
Items in trade:

Receiving Nation:
Items in trade:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To undergo war, you'll need to be similar size to your opponent or else multiple nations are going to attack you for attacking on a smaller nation.

To undergo exploration, you'll have to pay for every sq mile you discover. Prices go up and down depending on current amount of unexplored miles.

Your nation starts out like this:
You'll start with $5,000,000,000 (I can exchange into other currencies if need be)
You'll start with a 10,000 population. (May be less if you have already had a nation that died or got taken over.)
You'll start out with 10,000 sq miles (May be less if you joined in late.)

Your nation will need the following to live:
You'll need a Government Type
You'll need a National Leader
You'll need at least 2,000 people living in your nation.
You can't go under $100,000.

Depending on where you choose to start your nation within the map, you'll get certain things others may not have that can be key to your nation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are examples of everything I've told you.

Nation Sheet
Nation Name: United States of America (USA)
Government Type: Democratic/Republic
Notable Leaders: President
Places of Interest: Washington, D.C.
Main Language: English
Main Laws or Aspects: All forms of human discrimination within the USA are illegal and frowned upon.

Trade Sheet
Trading Nation: Canada
Items in trade: Fish

Receiving Nation: USA
Items in trade: Steel
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules
Of course I want no form of using nowadays country names, like Britain, Ireland, USA, Canada, or Australia.
You ARE allowed to reserve.
Don't be inactive for several days in a row, or I'll have to give away your land to the pre-existing nations....
I don't require you to post massive posts, but I do so enjoy reading massive posts.
You can't take over Africa. You just can't do it. Don't even try, to be honest.
If I notice that your becoming God and controlling all nations, I'll have you deleted from the roleplay.
I'm allowing up to 20 nations at the moment.

Okay. Thats the rules, nation and trade sheets, explanation of the new super continent, what you start with and need to survive, and examples.
If for some reason you don't understand something in this, then feel free to message me. My first post is directly below this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nation Sheet
Nation Name: Greek Lingia
Government Type: Monarchy
Notable Leaders: High King
Places of Interest: Naple Gorge (National Capital)
Main Languages: Greek and English
Main Laws or Aspects: Its illegal to wander outside past midnight, any form of slavery is illegal, and Lingian citizens aren't allowed to marry twice.

Leader Sheet
Full Name: Nicholas Grande Colossus (High King Colossus)
Previous Nationality: American

Appearance: He's 6 foot 6, 300 pounds, and muscular. He has silver eyes, short blonde hair, and very pale skin. He never smiles and never yells. He's very quiet, and also a peaceful king. Its practically a Democracy with him leading Lingia, if you didn't count the fact that he's a king.

Biography: He lived by himself after his parents died of starvation when he was 14. He managed to earn a good enough living from zinc mining at the age of 20, that he opened his own zinc mine in the US. At the age of 32 he had a dream of being President of the US, but the dream went to a halt as he never got the chance to run for President. At age 35, he was sound asleep when the Apocalypse occurred. It had killed his older brother and his brother's 11 children. As of right now, he's the opposite of the man he once was. He's now a emotionless, careless king of a nation he had once dreamed of being king of.

Due to my country being on the port of a bay, the bay is officially named the Aegean Bay. My nation develops lots of zinc, copper, and fish.

(This was my post, take it as an example of how you should do yours)
"It takes 1 person to make a detailed action..... it takes 2 to make a scene..... but it takes a whole group of people to make the perfect story."

---SinisterMaximilian

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinisterMaximilian
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Pangaea - 2667 AD

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:54 pm

Interested, I might join.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!