Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Partner Wanted

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Partner Wanted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle_me_thisx on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:16 pm

'Lo there!

As you may have guessed, I'm currently searching for a roleplay partner. I have a couple of plots I'm in the mood for, which I'll outline below, along with a little about my roleplaying style/what I look for in a partner.
Please message me if you're interested. :)

Standards

1) I consider myself to be a literate roleplayer. You can expect at least 2-3 paragraphs per response from me. I'll warn you, though, my standard replies tend to be more along the lines of five paragraphs. Unless of course you send me a one-liner. In that case, chances are you won't be getting a reply at all. As for quality over quantity? Well, I'm greedy - I'd adore both. ^^

2) I'm not really a fan of first-person writing (at least, not all the time; I don't mind a bit of first-person in italics every now and again). Just throwing that out there.

4) With regards to characters, I sometimes enjoy doubling. I'm more than happy to throw in a minor character here and there...I'd appreciate it if you were willing to do the same.

5) Ahh - the gender question. I play both male and female characters. I honestly have no real preference, so if you do, then don't be afraid to say.

Plots

(FYI, this is the one I'm really, really in the mood for...)

Ghost and Human:

This plot takes place just after the end of WWII, and people are trying to rebuild their lives. This is certainly true of __(female character), whose fiance was killed in action. She (for whatever reason you like), is moving on and once more finds herself engaged. Her new fiance is from a wealthy family and, what with the wedding approaching, has purchased a home for the two of them (I know, I know; due to the economic slump, this isn't entirely accurate, but I'm taking liberties for the sake of the roleplay. I won't do it often - promise.). Unfortunately, the house selected happens to be the house that, before the war, __(female character) and her now-dead fiance had planned to live in.
When she returns to the house (for a viewing or whatever reason), will she find merely memories...Or something more?

For this roleplay, I'd like it if you could play our lovely heroine, while I'll steal the part of dead-fiance-No.1.

Vampire:

I know Vampires have been a controversial issue as of late (Dracula V Edward and so on), so I'll just set the record straight. This is not going to be a Twilight roleplay. In my mind, Vampires are not vegetarian, nor do they sparkle in the sunlight or turn into bats. Having said that, the Vampire I would like to play isn't the sort to drain a human dry and then move on to the next victim. The thought might cross his mind on more than one occassion, but it isn't at all practical, as you'll be able to see if you'd care to read the plot I have in mind.

plot: The Academy is a very prestigious boarding school, and the students there range from ages 7-18. The boarding school is rather isolated from the outside world and not without reason. The school was first founded by a vampire during a time in which vampires prospered. Still, despite the fact that vampires flourished, it was still important to maintain a distance from the humans (aside from the occasional feeding session, naturally), simply because that was the way it had always been. However, superstition reared it's ugly head, and misunderstandings arose between the vampire and human cultures. Scared by exaggerated tales of the evil nature of the vampire, the humans resolved to be rid of them by way of slayers. And so the vampires were either killed, or they simply disappeared, never to be seen again.

Years later, The Academy is used as a school for human children. Elite human children - those who were deemed to posses superior intellect to other children in one way or another. So talented children are recruited to the school, and not wishing to 'sully' their minds, they are kept separate from the rest of society. With the 'New Academy' in place its original purpose and inhabitants were forgotten. Vampires now, are no more than silly myths.

Or are they? Some vampires managed to survive the original purging and quite naturally, they became very, very resentful toward humans. And naturally they passed those views on to the future generations of vampires. Being few in number though, there is very little the vampires can do except take a life here or there and lay low, biding their time. And it just so happens, that while 'laying low', one vampire has been recruited to the 'New Academy'. And once you receive your letter of enrolment, you have no option but to attend. Which, for this vampire, could cause any number of problems.

So yes...I hope you can see where I'm going with this. I would very much like to play the vampire, who, I think, would have attended the school since he was about twelve (he's now seventeen). Anyway, the plot's not set in stone at all...That was just what was going through my head, so any ideas/twists would be much appreciated.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

riddle_me_thisx
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Partner Wanted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IridescentMoon on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:10 pm

Intriguing ghost plot there! :D I fit your qualifications and, luckily enough, only play females, so I would be interested in playing the heroine if you play the fiances. :)

A couple of questions for you: how often will you reply? Where do you see the plot going (does dead fiance #1 find a way to come back from the dead? Or does he and the heroine help heal one another before they each move on--him to the afterlife and her to her future life with her living fiance? Or something else altogether?) Or is that open for discussion?
~*~Oh, what fools these mortals be!~*~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

IridescentMoon
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Partner Wanted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emerald.x on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:17 pm

I agree with you on all of your standards 100%
Both ideas sound really interesting. I'm really interested in the vampire one. It sounds really well though out and it also sounds like we could add a lot of drama and twists into it.
I generally, also prefer to play a female as my main character (not that I don't also enjoy playing males as well)

Emerald.x
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!