Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pendragon's Creed

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Pendragon's Creed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtofFiveSpheres on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:40 pm

The Rules:
No godmoding.
Now powerplaying.
No Marry Sue Characters.
Keep romance to PG-13.
No killing another players character without their permission.
Do not know everything about another rpers character.
Only one character per rper.

The Plot
It was by Gaius’s long sword who struck his foe not once, but trice. A thick, warm, crimson liquid spewed from his enemy’s thick sliced skull, the blade digging into his enemies frame and thus the sound of bones crackling under such force it could be heard to and fro. The man whose crown crafted from golden leafs collapsed onto the ground as he sheathed one final breath before descending into the Stars. “The bastard son is slain. No longer shalt the Red Empire be ruled by his iron fist. No longer shall he draw breath or filth the air with his presence. Let it be known and let it be heard that we who struck this tyrants rule to end shall bring an age of peace and prosperity to all. Let it be set in stone that we, the Pendragon‘s Creed, shall defile all who bring chaos to an otherwise peaceful land. So go bold my sons, my brethren, and my friends. So now as this new day dawns we raise our swords as those who sir themselves the Pendragon’s Creed.” And so to the far west, as the sun dawned its light onto the battlefield and all those who stood gazed upon their fallen foes praying for their fallen comrade and their enemies. Gaius placed his locket onto he who he struck dead in a sign of respect, a rare feet of this age. He took from the fallen Emperor and commander his crown and thus a new era would begin.

And now Gaius, the leader of the Pendragon’s Creed ruled his given territory known as New Athens, while many of those generals, too gained theirs. But with a lack of rescores spreading ‘cross the Red Empire and the spread of the Black Death, new territories were annexed. New Athens being one of them. And so Gaius for many a year recoiled into resection and thus his rule dwindled. His Tribes who, once defended his honour and his people, all but betrayed he and thus the Worlds fell into turmoil.

So will you go bold as a soldier to the fallen New Athens? Or do you fight for the Tribes? Or possibly even one of the former Pendragon Creed’s generals? The fate of the Red Empire is at hand! Which path upon the highway of coins shall you choose?
Last edited by ArtofFiveSpheres on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ArtofFiveSpheres
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Pendragon's Creed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtofFiveSpheres on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:42 pm

Current Worlds (AKA Countries):

New Athens:

History:
This territory, once a bustling canter of trade and entertainment within the Red Empire, has fallen ill to the Black Death. It was here were this epidemic began. New Athens was known for its rare breeds of creature and it wasn’t uncommon to bare witness to what were known as Red Doves, a symbol of good luck; however ever since their migration the Black Death began.

Geographies:
New Athens was surrounded by three mountains, Mount Olympians, Mount Hayden, and finally Mount Agnora. New Athens is also surrounded by the Spartacus River, which flows from mountain side to mountain side. The area surrounding New Athens is often mountainous and rugged, making it difficult for those riding on horse back to travel or even on foot for that mater. Near the Center of New Athens there is a small village incased by volcanic ash. Some would say that most of the statues are lifelike. This is true, do to the fact that these are actual people incased by Mount Olympians volcanic furry.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ArtofFiveSpheres
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtofFiveSpheres on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Current Tribes:

Gregoridis:
Gregoridis was a powerful Nomadic Tribe, roaming from eastern Asia to Greece. Their original homeland was Ireland, they were a tribe of Irish berserk warriors descended from the Vikings and Celtic warriors, and lived in a Rath. Traveling to Greece for survival when the potato famine began, where they become nomads, travelling in large caravans, and maruading greek villages, until they made peace under Gaius and become a mobile war force for him, based in New Athens.

ArtofFiveSpheres
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtofFiveSpheres on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:47 pm

Current Alliances:
New Athens and the Gregoridis Tribe

Current Enemies:

ArtofFiveSpheres
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtofFiveSpheres on Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:20 pm

The Pendragon Code:
‘People are bound not by limitation, but rather by boundaries of their imagination. Go not into battle with sword nor shield; arm yourselves with wings wide open; invite your enemy into your life and then one day your enemy may become your greatest ally. And it is by this I say onto you: Which path upon the highway of coins shall you choose? Will you select the straight and narrow or the down and low?

Both paths have their advantages and disadvantages, but I continue, straight forward, in-between the high and the low, for I must admit, I have traveled the twain. So I leave you with this message: Go not in hast nor in slug, but rather enjoy your life. Let your lust for the fruits of peace and tranquility flourish, either it be by dawn or dusk, conscious or dreaming.

Learn from the past; do not dwell within it. Live in the present. Prepare for the future. It this philosophy—this very simple piece of advice -- one which that has allowed I to flourish and excel in life -- for I know I shall not yield to petty remorse. Sadness is but a part of life, but I have learned to yarn weakness into strength and strengths into greater strengths. So go bold my sons into your journey of life.
‘Member this my children: Be at one with the world and you shall prolong in peace and tranquility.’

October 28th, 220 Gaius Pendragon

ArtofFiveSpheres
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtofFiveSpheres on Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:46 pm

(PM All chacer sheets to me)

Characters:

User Name:Gabriel_Whist
Name: Jacob Gregoridis (Gregoridis means The Clan of Gregor)
History: Descended from a legendary clan of fierce and vicious warriors, Gregor being the clan founder. Jacob's father, Savvas, was the leader of the clan, and initially began as a warring enemy of Gaius. However, Gaius bested him in combat, and befriended him, thus leading him to become a general of the Pendragon's Creed, and one of Gaius's most loyal and trusted friends. Savvas raised Jacob to join the Pendragon's Creed, but also as a warrior of Gregoridis, so he is somewhat of an anomaly, a trained and tamed berserker. In the dark times that New Athens has fallen to, Savvas died defending New Athens against the tribes that had turned on his Lord Gaius. Jacob has stepped up to take his place as the leader of Gregoridis and a general of Pendragon's Creed, defending New Athens against the traitorous tribes.
Etc: Leader of Gregoridis and a general of Pendragon's Creed.

User Name: Joshua Dawn
Name: Gaius Pendragon
History: Gaius is the current ruler of New Athens after the defeat of the Bastard Son. Gaius’s prestige in combat has given him the title of “Gaius the Great.” During the Peace Era, Gaius as ruler of New Athens, and cofounder of the Red Empire, offered a set number of territories to his generals and Tribes; however after the Migration of the Red Dove it seemed that Gaius’s rule began to dwindle. Thus, most of his former Tribes and generals turned on Gaius in a conquest for control of the land. It seemed as if the Gods were turning on him. And top it all off, the Black Death has spread across the Red Empire decimating thousands if not millions of persons. The death toll, do to the Black Death, was especially equivalent within New Athens. And now as Gaius leads his country along side his allies, will he win this war? Or will go down in a failed in the blaze of glory? All will unfold as the story unfolds.
Etc: Emperor of New Athens.
Last edited by ArtofFiveSpheres on Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.

ArtofFiveSpheres
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:27 pm

Jacob rode across the plains outside of New Athens, watching for any enemy troops. Behind him followed the loosely banded Gregoridis warriors, wearing thick tan cloaks, furry brown boots strapped on over loose brown pants, and swords belted onto their sides. Bows and quivers of arrows were strapped onto their horses saddles. Most of the men were at least 25 years of age, but they blindly and ever loyally followed their 17 year old leader without hesitation or qualms of any sort.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtofFiveSpheres on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:05 am

With a long thick spear by hand, short blade at his left hip, and dagger at his right he and his troop of horsemen followed Jacob in preparation for the future battle. Told in tales and legends ‘cross the globe Gaius was a man of the Roman Arts of War, his army said to be blessed by the Gods Mars, God of War; and Jupiter, God of Creation. His large Calvary had yet to be bested in combat despite numerous attempts. They struck with speed and might, but yet they were compassionate to those who of which they fought. Gaius’s men wanted not to prolong the death of their enemy, so in term desalted they quickly in attempt to end their suffering. Following Jacob onto the future battlefield and his men of Gregoridis, he said onto Jacob in a low deep voice, “I expect you as my most trusted and closest ally to finish this battle as quickly as possible. Leave them not with even the slightest since of hope, but rather decimate them into the point of retreat. But when they do so, strike their troops and leave not a one to survive. We go by the Roman, Spartan’s Laws of War which means no retreats. We shall fight to the death never giving up hope; never fearing death, for to die upon the battlefield is the most glorious of deaths man can behold. So I ask you Sir Jacob, as appointed leader of the Gregoridis and my most trusted general, if you find any enemy troops or those allied with they slay them. Also if the brother, or sister, husband, or wife, son or daughter is to come into your sight murder they too for they have disgraced my name and thus they too must perish. I hold no remorse for my enemy and thus expect so from you. However I do hold a great amount of respect for my foe and thus once the battle has expired we are to bury every man slain into the Crypts of Kings within New Athens. It is here those who have fallen shall be remembered forever imbedded in time. Do you understand Jacob?” Gaius pondered at the young man awaiting an answer.

As the sun bloomed its light onto the morning sky, the wind slithered on Gaius’s helm. The cool breeze was slightly refreshing despite the summer’s heat and humidity. Currently it was ninety-eight degrees, far beyond normal considering it was only the beginning June, which the average yearly temperature was eighty-four. Gaius’s horse grunted for it too like the other beasts were prepared for combat as they stomped onto the ground, pounding it with such force that it was said in history books to have trembled the land in such a way that it could be heard all ‘cross the Red Empire, but this; however was only a figure of speech. Gaius’s eye grew tired and weary as age was slowly catching up to he. It was this question which puzzled historians for many a year: How much longer could the knowledge of such a famed and (possibly) well respected general last until the withering of time would corrode his frame and thus end his rain as the Glorious Strategist of the Red Empire?
Last edited by ArtofFiveSpheres on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

ArtofFiveSpheres
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:14 am

((Mars is the god of war, not Mercury. Mercury is Hermes.))

"No." Jacob said firmly, turning his eyes to his lord. "I know that you follow Spartan Law my liege, but we Gregorides follow our own law. The laws of our homeland. I, nor my men, will slay women or child. All men we shall destroy for you. We shall wipe them out swiftly, devastatingly, and without hesitation. But I cannot raise a blade against the unarmed, the women, the children. I will not strike down the enemies medics, or their weapon boys. I shall not harm their nurses, nor their water carrying women. For I would wish they show the same compassion and kindness unto me. I'm sorry my lord." Jacob replied, casting his eyes down, and lowering his head. "Strike me down if you will, but I cannot do as you ask. I cannot deny compassion. I am but a man, not a wild animal or a god. I cannot thinkingly, or otherwise, cast judgment against the innocent."

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtofFiveSpheres on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:01 am

With a warm smile upon his face Gaius spoke to Jacob, "Then you shall abide by your own law. I uphold no bounds onto you; it was only a test. But I shall abide by my own Spartan Law, which has been upheld by tradition for many a year even before my time. It without chance that I as a humble man of my word and duty to my country to strike down the fools who betrayed the Red Empire and all those who have any relation onto they. The reason I say "murder their woman or child" is simply this: It is by my knowledge that they if war persists over the coarse of time, those children will be raised into full grown adults and their numbers shall outnumber those of New Athens in the masses. Thus in term, I want my children to be safe from their enemies’ retaliations, for as you know my age grows faultier. But if you must, do not strike the innocent, but be forewarned: It was told by my Seers that these children will soon raise in rebellion if not controlled. But I only ask you this: Who are we but noble men wishing to end tyranny? Why not wipe the slate clean of all people wishing to bring New Athens harm? And then, and only then, shall the Red Empire be reborn like a flower during the first day of spring?" Gaius gazed onto Jacob pondering to himself; He may one day be the greatest of all mankind. I hope his father shall guide he. May Savvas; my good friend rest in peace and watch over young Jacob. Amen.

And then smile grew wider, but yet his eyes told another tale. But these secrets which those eyes held were all too much to bare and so a single tear trickled down his left eye onto the warm, moist, dew ground. “Your father would be proud Sir Jacob. Your words speak with wisdom, beyond even my own. But ‘member your word Sir Jacob, for this may one day be your downfall.” Gaius’s troops appeared dumbfounded almost stunned in a way. One such soldier, moved by such a speech, befell onto the dark rich soil with such for force that his head ricocheted off the ground. Luckily that same soldier remembered to wear his helm. “Back to your steed soldier!” Commanded Gaius. “Yes sir!” responded the horseman. Gaius chuckled a bit in response to the odd occurrence that took place.
Last edited by ArtofFiveSpheres on Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArtofFiveSpheres
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:23 am

"Thank you for your understanding my liege." Jacob replied, moved by his forgiveness. "And I will heed your words well. Yet despite their truth and their wisdom I cannot bring myself to condemn a child for what he may do, for what he may become. If these events come to pass, I will deal with them for you then my liege, but I will not cast judgment on events yet come to pass." Jacob was thankful, and in awe of his lieges strength. He was everything a leader should strive to be. "Now my liege, we must turn our eye to combat, for hark, there upon the horizon. Forces draw near."

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtofFiveSpheres on Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:38 pm

“Ah, so the battle begins" Said Gaius, “From the looks of it, it seems that their army be of the Amazon Tribe. Strange how they carry not a single beast unit. Very strange. Jacob check the flanks. Fire your arrows onto their ranks and then I shall strike from behind. A distraction of sorts. Now we only need to worry about an ambush. So be prepared. Is that clear Sir Jacob? Or do you have a better plan?” He pondered onto his trusted ally for just a moment, his right eye slanted as if puzzled as far as facial expressions go. Gaius, without hesitation, relocated his view onto the incoming Amazons. It would be a while before their troops would reach Jacob or Gaius; however a volley of arrows would be insufficient because the enemy’s troops were out of range. “Should we let their troops tire and wait for they to come within range of your arrows or what? Your choice.” And yet again that same warm smile resided upon his face. His eyes held neither fear, nor terror, but rather a calming allure. As Gaius waited for an answer the sun had fully arose, the sun burning in his eyes, but yet he didn’t blink or squint them. "I trust your men are prepared to fire their arrows, despite the sun whose flame ignites our sight?”
Last edited by ArtofFiveSpheres on Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

ArtofFiveSpheres
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:05 pm

"We will do as you wish Lord Gaius." Jacob replied. "You are the tactical expert. We Gregorides are mere warriors. We charge head on into the fight, and fight as individuals."

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtofFiveSpheres on Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:29 pm

[[OOC: Sorry 'bout the short post, but I've got'a run.]]

"Alright. But remember what I said: Check our flanks. Fire your arrows onto their ranks once they are within range and then I shall strike from behind. A simple plan if I do say so myself. Now onward to battle!" Gaius and his men of armed horsemen galloped off into battle, each one with a since of bold courage and pure determination to win it. As Gaius and his Calvary trotted they split up into two groups: One to attack the frontal line while the second would surprise the enemy from the back. But would this strategy succeed or what would it be his downfall? The earth itself began to trembe. It seemed as if a group of strange creatures descended upon the battlefield. “What the! What be these beasts whose nose grows long and whose horns emerge from their mouths?” What Gaius was describing were what we in modern society call elephants. “Retreat!” Cried Gaius to his first unit. For the first time in combat Gaius was forced to retreat. But hopefully sir Jacob and his men could find some way to counter attack. Maybe this will be Jacob’s first lesson in strategy?
Last edited by ArtofFiveSpheres on Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ArtofFiveSpheres
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:56 pm

Jacobs men balked at the strange beasts facing them, and he had to admit that he too found them frightening. But Jacob could not let Gaius down. "Men! Do not tuck tail and run like cowards! We are the legendary Gregorides! We slay gods, we set demons running! Empires have fallen to our blades, and risen on our backs! We run from nothing! We fear nothing! We back down from NOTHING! And we lose to NOTHING! NO ONE, and NO THING will break us. We cannot fail! We cannot die! We are the GREGORIDES! Now fight! CHARGE!" With that Jacob urged his stead forward, drawing his bow, and nocking an arrow all the way back to his ear, letting it fly directly into the beasts eye, and causing it to rear up on its hind legs, giving Jacob's warriors the perfect opening to slash its lower legs tendons as they charged underneath it, causing the beast to fall on top of the enemy troops, crshing many of them.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!