Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Perdition Fantasy Concept Interest Gathering

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Perdition Fantasy Concept Interest Gathering

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Strude on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:16 pm

“What would you do if I died today?”
“I would die tomorrow.”

PERDITION
mood music

The five kingdoms of life link together to create the circle of eternity the five stages a soul lives through before it is able to part from a host and enter Elysium. When a soul is created by, Absolute, it is sent down to the first kingdom of life, Earth, where the soul lives and died, and embarks on a continued journey through the second kingdom, Heaven. This circle of living and dying continues until the soul reaches Perdition the final kingdom, the most volatile and dangerous of the five where the host must fight a seething creature of light.

In Perdition the realm suffers the rule of a king known as Abhorrence, a golden lion man bathed in fiery light with the power to sear sins right out of the soul. This is a fate terrible and unjust, for any soul purified by Abhorrence will never see the realm of Elysium. It is the will of Abhorrence that all new born be brought to him, and be baptised in his light.

However, within Perdition there are those that defy Abhorrence, and spirit children from their homes. They are known as The Pariah, outcasts, hideous and warped, using shadows to guise themselves and slip into homes unseen and unheard. It is the duty of the Pariah to take children to Cimelia, what the Pariah call small outpost within the forests of Perdition. It is here where groups of five Pariah and ten children live, and grown within safety away from Abhorrence.

Kept safe all their lives, knowing only each other and their hosts as company, the children become adults, and it is one such group of adults who must make a choice now, having grown knowing only one truth. They have lived four lives before, the life they live now is their final one, and on their final journey, they must choose to die for Perdition or Elysium. They must travel to the guarded temple of Divinity without being caught by Abhorrence, and die upon an altar their soul skewered by one of two swords, the golden sword of Perdition which will bind their souls to the realm as Pariah or the black sword of Elysium which will end their journey forever returning their souls to Absolute.

Max # of Players: 5 (each player will play three characters)

What do players play as?
Each player will play two adults, and one Pariah.

What do Pariah look like?
They are extremely tall (no less than 8 feet), three headed creatures. One head appears human, and the other two are any form of animal. Based on the concept art by, spacerocketbunny of Castiel’s true form.

What do the people of Perdition look like?
They are humans, bipedal, .

What are the five kingdoms?
In order they are: Earth, Heaven, Hell, Limbo, and Perdition (which is the only realm that concerns us and this game).

Do the adults (hosts) retain memories from their previous lives?
No, they may have flashes to memories almost like a Déjà vu feeling. However, they don't retain detailed memories.

Perdition the fifth and final realm within the circle of eternity before entering Elysium. Perdition is the realm of the purification of sin, a realm ruled by a lion man made of fiery light who has the ability to purify the soul of sin.

Purification of the Soul is when a soul that has traveled the five kingdoms of life has all its sin purified. This purification binds the soul to the host it inhabits, and when the day finally comes that the host dies so does the soul (a total death, nullification, nothingness, no life), and soul never reaches Elysium.

Sin are the experience, memories, and life accumulated by a soul as it travels the five kingdoms of life. Sin is what a soul is measured by, it represents the adulthood of a soul. Sin proves to Absolute that a soul is ready to enter Elysium.

Elysium is the final realm where the creator, Absolute, resides. Elysium is where a soul fully grown ends its journey of life and rests.

Absolute is the creator. Absolute forms souls empty of life, and sends those souls to live through the circle of eternity.

The Circle of Eternity is the representation of the interconnected circle of the five kingdoms of life.

The Five Kingdoms of Life are the five realms in which a soul travels. Within each realm a soul is bound to a host to live. The soul accumulates life, experience, memories, and when its host dies the soul travels to the next realm, and repeats the process.

Perdition is a realm with no determinable physical size, unlike Earth where individual land masses can be mapped, Perdition exists as one massive forest that seamlessly melds into itself, over itself, and one may walk for a lifetime and never reach an end. Perdition has three capital cities: Jyoti the city of light, Conway the city of light-less night, and Divinity the guarded temple of sacrifice.

Jyoti is the city of gold and light, build up and around a mountain. Jyoti towers high and is bathed in light from the sun throughout the day. This city is where Abhorrence lives, where his glorious temple resides at the top most point of the city, and where all baptisms take place. The city is generally one that has a sense of good will, peace, and calm. It thrives and flows with daily life, markets down busy streets, shops and businesses teeming with people, and buildings built into mountain walls down into its heart. Jyoti's nightlife is one where the people bathe their city in the light of lanterns, and candles, the city is never dark and from the top tower Abhorrence forms a ball of light to shine dimly over the city keeping it safe from the Pariah of legend.

Conway is a forest city, a beautiful lush city built within a forest across from Jyoti. This city is the only other large mass of people within Perdition, it a quiet city, a sleepy city, with a old caretaker who keeps the peace as Abhorrence orders. The city itself is nothin spectacular it thrums with people like Jyoti, businesses working during the day, and at night the city sleeps peacefully under the natural blanket of night (something Jyoti never sees as it is lit constantly). [1] [2]

Divinity the guarded temple is a temple located to the centre of Perdition through thick forests. Divinity is the temple of sacrifice, where one loyal to Abhorrence ends their life before the king (if they do not die naturally). This temple is guarded by Abhorrence's most loyal, it is kept empty, and deathly quiet. This temple according to Abhorrence is his only, and only those loyal may enter. However, this temple is more than that, it is the final gate to Elysium through the sacrifice upon one of the two swords. [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

The belief of people within Perdition is one in the searing light of Abhorrence the King. Most people are raised knowing of the light King, Abhorrence, a being half man and half lion who came into life burning with fiery light. Abhorrence became a man during the time of the division of the people centuries ago. Where three kings ruled the three cities separate of each other, and warred for land and claimed the forests for themselves. Abhorrence is said to of captured these kings, and in exchange for their peoples lives he bid them throw themselves upon the swords within the then city of Divinity. One of these men became the first Pariah. The others, it is said, died and disappeared from Perdition.

The people also believe in a legend that Pariah are dark creatures of the old king, and that they consume the souls of un-purified children. The lore goes that the Pariah king of old seeks his revenge by consuming the souls of Abhorrence's children, the children of his people. This is why Jyoti bathes itself in light. The city of Conway is less superstitious.

People do not all live within the city. Many people live within the vast forests of Perdition, building settlements within the trees. Many of these people make the trek to Jyoti to have their children baptized, Abhorrence tries to make sure he places loyal guards within each of these settlements to track the people, but in some cases he does not know of the settlement and can not track it.

The following are locations around Perdition.
I will make a basic map to mark each place.

[01]
[02]
[03]
[04]
[05]
[06]
[07]
[08]
[09]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
These are questions players have asked, feel free to add.

You mentioned a Baptism a lot, is it like in our world? How does it work?
This is answered in the games overview. However, generally Abhorrence takes the child into his temple and using his light sears the sin from the soul. The rest is explain in the overview.

What about Abhorence and the other obstacles to the quest, will you be the one to control them?
Yes, I will NPC.

Is Perdition a shifting mass?
It is not a shifting mass. It does not move. Rather when you reach what would normally be conceived as a boarder you slip seamlessly through a temporal shift and end up somewhere else along the board. This shift where you enter and where you end up is always different. You do not know when exactly you shift, as it is seamless.

Some areas are mapped, but no one can say for certain the exact size of Perdition. It appears as one land mass, but there are no oceans. There are rivers and lakes, but no way of mapping or finding where the water flows to. In many cases rivers appear to flow from lake to lake, and those that do not you can not link to an ocean (when people try they often end up walking through a temporal shift).

Here is an EXTREMELY quick diagram that I can do before I log off.

Can two of the Pariah heads be of the same animals (probably different species of snake, but still snakes)?
Yes they can be two types of snakes.

Do pariah remember their lives before becoming pariah?
Yes they remember their life on Perdition, but same applies their souls do not remember any lives prior to Perdition.

Besides the animal heads, height, lack of age and gender, do Pariah have any other characteristics shared amongst their race?
None that I can think of.

Do the fact that very few make it to the Elysium have any far reaching consequence for the worlds?
Very few what? Pariah or Soul in general? Either or a Pariah or Souls success does not effect the physical realms themselves, they continue to exists within or without the success of a souls journey. If you are wondering what motivates Pariah and Abhorrence and the Hosts, aside from the basic idea of saving souls and it being a personal thing, consider religious zealotry a large driving force.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Strude
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Perdition Fantasy Concept Interest Gathering

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raize on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:29 pm

The pictures inspired me, and the idea is so beautiful that I do not even have words to describe how moved I am. It would be an honor to be granted permission to become one of the five players that will indulge in such a lovely, dark story. I must say that I have not been interested in something so much in quite some time, and that I am very grateful to have stumbled upon this.

It seems that most of the questions I would ask have been answered, and I am also glad for that. Are you still looking for potential players? Perhaps five have already snatched up the spots?
"Uhhhhhhhhhh." - Karisse

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Raize
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Strude on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:56 pm

Actually, I am seeking three more people.

I started this game on another board, but sadly it was not received well. So I haven't managed to fill spots (aside from myself and my one friend). I was planning on bringing it here if enough people here took to the idea.

So consider me extremely flattered, near blushing, that you think the idea is so great. Now I don't promise positions in my game, simple of fact of not wanting to step on toes or alienating other potential players (if you know what I mean). However, I would be more than happy to see you submit a character if the time comes that I bring the game here.

^_____^'

Strude
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raize on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:24 pm

Of course; I understand completely. Best wishes, I hope to see this game come soon.

Raize
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Featured: Perdition Fantasy Concept Interest Gathering

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:59 am

This week's Interest Check of the Week goes to:

PERDITION

Your Interest Check will be stickied with the 'Featured:' title for an entire week!

Congratulations!
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mazzyrazzy on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:10 pm

What a wonderfully-described and well-thought-out setting. To make sure I understand this correctly though, the Pariah are akin to protectors of the children/adults? Do they have any abilities that would define them as supernatural? What I'm getting at here is that you said players would control two adults and one Pariah. How differently would the Pariahs act? Are they to be treated the same as the adults, or are they the silent guardians?

Color me interested if you are to bring this RP here!
Oh god how did this get here I'm not good with computer

Mazzyrazzy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Strude on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:20 pm

Holy, featured. Oh . . . I don't even have words. *covers face and blushes* Thank you.

Mazzyrazzy wrote:What a wonderfully-described and well-thought-out setting. To make sure I understand this correctly though, the Pariah are akin to protectors of the children/adults? Do they have any abilities that would define them as supernatural? What I'm getting at here is that you said players would control two adults and one Pariah. How differently would the Pariahs act? Are they to be treated the same as the adults, or are they the silent guardians?

Color me interested if you are to bring this RP here!

The Pariah According to the General Populous: are dark creatures, mysterious, and according to myth the soldier of the Old King (see first post "The people also believe in a legend".)

The Pariah in Actuality: are eight foot plus tall creatures that have three heads (a human/humanoid one, and two that are animals). They have no powers, they're purpose is one rooted solely in their duty to protect the souls of children, teach them, and guide them to Elysium (or allow them their choice of Elysium or Perdition). The Pariah do have greater physical strength, and are very resilient (they can take a decent beating, but are not entirely Invincible either they can die).

The Pariah are general protective, compassionate towards their personal wards. They try to make their wards lives enjoyable, even while in hiding.

As for being silent, in no way are the Pariah silent. The Pariah must teach the children, help guide them to a decision (when the time comes the children must decide to which realm are their soul is destined, which realm to kill themselves for). The Pariah are caretakers, teachers, friends, companions, and honestly to make it very simple they are the parents to these children. They might be rather monstrous looking, but they're parents none the less or at least assume the general role.

--- Hope that answers your questions . . .

Strude
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Strude on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Also sorry for the delay in the reply. I've been rather busy at work (we got a 10k tag order in, it's a lot of stuff to enter into the computer and print) so I haven't been as active on my sites as I should be.

Strude
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mazzyrazzy on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Perfectly fine, and yes that did answer my question.

Mazzyrazzy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!