Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A piece of lighthearted fiction.

a topic in The Writer's Lounge, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

A place for original short stories, fanfiction, essays, and the like.

A piece of lighthearted fiction.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blizzard on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:04 am

In case it's not obvious, this is a one shot parody/fanfic for minecraft. I free wrote this in like 10 minutes.

Brightness. The sun beat down on the water and sand around me, and in a moment of realiztion, I noticed I was entirely alone on this island. It was odd. Everything was jagged. Boxy.

It was if the whole world had redesigned itself into a system of cubes, put together by some cosmic mathematical code.

The sun was still low in the sky, so I figured I had time to spare before nightfall, and I needed it. Climbing the beach to reach the outskirts of a forest, I decided the first thing to do was to build a shelter, and to do that, I would need wood.

The trees were short, no more than twice my height, but their blocky trunks made them look formidable, and I had no tools to cut with. In desperation, I began to beat the trunk of the tree with my fists, and to my surprise, it broke, a single block floating down.

The trunk below it, was still perfectly intact, and the trunk and leaves above it were hovering in midair, as if I had not even removed a portion of the tree.

What is this?

I thought to myself in amazement. No time! The sun was moving much faster than it normally did, and it was already noon. I had to build my house fast!

In less than 3 minutes, I had collected a massive amount of floating trunk blocks, and began to arrange them in the shape of a foundation. 10 minutes later, my house was complete, and the sun was setting. I scurried inside, and tried to get comfortable on the dirt floor.

I learned that night, that you can not afford to sleep.

I awoke in the middle of the night to a low moan. What was it? Standing, I peeked out the small window I had built. I saw nothing. Only moaning in the distance. Then, like a monster from a bad horror movie, a square, green head revealed itself from the blackness. It's arms lunged at me, and I barely had time to back away. It must have been some sort of zombie.

In a panic, I turned to grab a spare block to fill in the window, and there it was.

It must have been a good foot taller than I was, and it was disgusting. Green, slimy, with patches of dark fur all along it's body. It stood on four legs, and from it's squat base, lifted a long, erect shaft.

At the peak of it's body, a face that could only be described as distraught stared back at me. It's empty eyes were black holes, and it's gaping mouth oozed a foul odor. It made a soft hissing sound, and though I knew not what it was, I felt fear like a soccer ball in the face.

The hissing grew louder, and louder still. It approached me with intent, and I stumbled to the ground. Looking up in terror, I had only a second to witness the bright flash before my world plunged into darkness.
"Peace is the absence lack of war."
"I like to reserve my mouth for kissing, alcohol, and words. Not always in that order, but you get the point."
Blizzard's Music

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blizzard
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: A piece of lighthearted fiction.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Discipline on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:08 am

LOL.
Oh my god. I love Minecraft, I love Dwarf Fortress, I love Terraria - and this is an excellent, excellent, and by the way hilarious description of them. I love it! It was a great parody, and a very interesting read.
I only wish he/she/person of ambiguous gender didn't die so quick, mainly because I wanted to read way more!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Discipline
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: A piece of lighthearted fiction.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blizzard on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:20 am

Respawns, Discipline! Respawns!

Maybe I'll write a sequel, hahaha!

Blizzard
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!