Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Plates x Magic (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Plates x Magic (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mercurial on Sat May 16, 2009 11:22 am

IC: post614520.html#p614520

Plates x Magic

Tamai High School. From the outside, Tamai High School looks like a normal, elite, private high school. In fact, most people from the outside think that the students are being spoiled rotten. There are rooms for students; students don't have to go home everyday. Although there are only 3 types of students (Freshmen, Sophomores, and Seniors), colleges and universities still count it as four years of high school education; that is why many try to enter. It's located in California, despite its Japanese-like name.

However, there's an important difference: magic. Students learn and use magic in the school in addition to their normal, scholastic studies. Magic can only be used in magical zones around the world. Theses zones have strong magical fields, which allows "magical phenomena". Holy lands and spiritual mountains from early eras are usually magical zones. Magic is simply a technique to control the "magical phenomenon" that occurs in these special zones. However, magic puts a strain on a person's mind; excessive use can lead to a premature death.

Why bother studying magic then? A wish. At graduation, each student is given a wish in proportion to the magic level (like Silver or Gold)they've gained.

This takes place in the early 21st century.

Plates:

They are extremely important. Without a plate, one cannot enter the school or use magic. If a student loses a plate and is unable to find it within 7 days, they are kicked out of school and have their memories of magic erased. Plates can be upgraded by magic points. Magic points are assessment numbers relating to the magic of a student. It is used as a reference in deciding a plate’s advancement. They can be earned by how well students do in their magic lessons; they can also be earned by good behavior (being honest, respectful, etc).The plates are a sort of magical data storage device, which allows for magical spells and power to be stored. There are many ranks of plates, which all have different magic capacities, the higher the rank the more magic can be stored within. Magic is installed into the Plates through incantations. The quality of the installed spell depends on the state of the user; if the user is at the peak of their spiritual concentration, then the spell would have a high quality. Type Elmo from Sesame Street somewhere on your character sheet so I know you read some of this. If you don't, I'll probably bar you from this roleplay. When a spell's incantation has been read to the plate and the plate has recorded it, the spell can easily be recalled by saying the name of the spell to the plate. Plates are around the size of a palm and they're thin, but sturdy. Plates are colored as shown in the picture and have the letter of their element on them (G, S, BB, etc).

1st level :

Red Iron (RI): the plate normally given to the first years at the magic school. This plate has very limited magical storage.

2nd level :

Iron (I): this plate is a level higher than the RI.
Chrome (C): this plate is a level higher than the Iron.
White Iron (WI): this plate is a level higher than the Chrome. The capacity is thought to be at least two times the capacity of the RI.

3rd level:

Yellow Bronze (YB): this plate is a level higher than the White Iron.
Blue Bronze (BB): this plate is a level higher than the Yellow Bronze.
White Bronze (WB): this plate is a level higher than the Blue Bronze.
Red Bronze (RB): this plate is a level higher than the White Bronze.

4th level:

Bronze: this plate is a level higher than the Red Bronze.

5th level: Splits into 3 ways. They are equal, but offer different advantages.

Way of Capacity: Increases capacity of the plate more than "Way of Balance". Doesn't increase defensive ability of spells.

Steel (St): Increases spell capacity.
Cemented Carbide : Increases spell capacity more than... You get the idea by now, right?

Way of Defense: Increases defensive ability of spells more than "Way of Balance". Doesn't increase capacity.

Silver Black (Sb): Increases defensive ability.
Silver (S): Self-explanatory.

Way of Balance: Increases both capacity of the plate and defensive ability of spells equally.

Rubidium (Rb)
Cobalt (Co)

Final level:

Ruthenium (Ru) :Final stage of "Way of Capacity." Just look at the picture.
Gold (G)
Platinum (P)

"Pures" [LOCKED]:

People that don't require plates or magical fields to use magic. Sometimes, some people will have "Pure" qualities in some areas of magic, but will still require a plate. Some people become "Pures" in some areas of magic by obtaining a Gold/Ruthenium/Platinum Plate and making a wish for it. However, it is still impossible for a modern-day human to become fully "Pure".

Students

Name:
Age (14-15):
Personality:
Magical Preference (a field of magic that your character is skilled in):
Appearance (Description and/or picture is fine. Anime picture preferred, but realistic is fine):

Rules

1. EVERYONE starts with a Red Iron and as a freshman.
2. There are restrictions on the type of magic that can be used. I don't want people to have powers to blow up a building when they're only freshmen.
3. I am king of this roleplay; if I say something,it goes. I also reserve the right to change the rules at any time.
4. If there is something wrong or if you have any questions, let me know. I can be accommodating to a certain extent; I want this to be fun for everybody.
5. Follow the Rpgateway rules; relationships should be at a moderate kissing, hugging level. If you wish to progress from there, take it to the PMs and instant messengers.
6. Everyone joining needs to be dedicated, and willing to roleplay until this is over. If things turn out well enough, this will be a very long roleplay. Don't join if you think you are going to drop later. If you do drop, then... Just don't.
7. Type "I paid attention" somewhere when you post your character sheet so that I know you actually read some of this. If you don't, I'll probably bar you from this roleplay.
8. Please don't type like you're in preschool. I don't want posts that are like "Ten, I jump out window two eat some cookie and i sayy lol hi tom hows ur day going." Also, I strongly request that posts be productive to the roleplay. I don't want constant one-liners.
9. Proofread, proofread, proofread. Even if your posts aren't as bad as the example before, it doesn't hurt to proofread. I would really like it if people spell things correctly and such. If you spell something wrong once or twice, that's fine (I make errors as well). However, if you constantly make errors, it starts to annoy me, so please try to avoid errors.
10. I know that some of us are busy with stuff in real life already, but I prefer active roleplayers to join; if you joined a bunch of roleplays already, then consider not joining this one (unless you can handle multiple roleplays occurring simultaneously). I really don't want this roleplay to go along at a snail's pace due to roleplayers not being active.

Miscellaneous?
1. If you're going to use magic (like manipulating fire/ice), then the plate needs to fuse with your body first; for example, if you want to shoot fireballs out of your hand, you have to fuse the plate with your hand, and then say the spell incantation (Ex. Fireball). Needless to say, there is some preparation time needed for spells.
Last edited by Mercurial on Wed May 20, 2009 12:24 am, edited 15 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mercurial
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Magical School

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sat May 16, 2009 11:27 am

I'm interested ^-^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero5 on Sat May 16, 2009 11:30 am

I'm interested in that.

Zero5
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lily Evans on Sat May 16, 2009 11:55 am

Ooh, count me in too!
Lily Dawn Evans:
My Character Profiles: WIP
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/work-pro ... 23818.html

Lily Evans
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ICryForAFamily on Sat May 16, 2009 11:57 am

same here! hehe
Veteran rolepayer.
-sigh- I should be ashamed

ICryForAFamily
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lily Evans on Sat May 16, 2009 12:01 pm

Sweet! *glomps ICryForAFamily*

Lily Evans
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sesha on Sat May 16, 2009 12:13 pm

I have been looking for an RP with magic so I can use one of my new characters :)

sesha
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emptor on Sat May 16, 2009 12:45 pm

depends on the type of magic
y'know, I like rabbits and all. They're cute and they're horny. And if you're cute and you're horny, then you're probably happy, in that you don't know who you are and why you're even alive. And you just wanna' have sex, as many times as possible, before you die... I mean, I just don't see the point in crying over a dead rabbit! Y'know, who... who never even feared death to begin with.-Donnie Darko
CTHULU FOR PRESIDENT:WHY CHOOSE THE LESSER EVIL?

Emptor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mercurial on Sat May 16, 2009 7:31 pm

Fuc*, that took a while. I guess I'll add more stuff to this later. Take a peek at the first post to get some info. I'm probably not going to be online today so yeah. Anybody know how to move an interest check thread to an OOC thread?

Mercurial
Member for 15 years

Re: Plates x Magic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emptor on Sat May 16, 2009 7:35 pm

PM a mod

Emptor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mercurial on Sun May 17, 2009 1:34 am

Thanks Emptor. Added some stuff into the first post. You guys should read it. Post your character sheets anytime (if you're still interested, that is).

Mercurial
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sun May 17, 2009 6:17 am

Save me a spot please? I'm hoping to get some more sleep. ^-^

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lily Evans on Sun May 17, 2009 12:20 pm

I paid attention - lol

Lily Evans
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emptor on Sun May 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Do you have to be born into a magic family?

Emptor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mercurial on Sun May 17, 2009 4:03 pm

@Emptor- No, you don't.

I'll save you a spot Jocelyn.

[b]EDIT[/b]: Changed some stuff in the first post. You guys should read it (especially rule #10).
[b]EDIT #2[/b]: Also, when (and if) you guys post your character sheets, please edit them into your posts. For example, Emptor, please put your character sheet into the post where you asked me that question (the previous post).

Mercurial
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traziel on Mon May 18, 2009 9:08 pm

Name: Veronica DuValle
Age (14-15): 15

Bio: Regal mannerisms were soon embedded and then discarded. Veronica had been born into a rather wealthy family with much to offer. Unfortunately she favored the simpler things in life and chose to take advantage of the available resources, often leading her to do mischievous things because she had the money. From hosting her own birthday party at the age of 9, without parents approval mind you, to renting an entire 5 star hotel for a school-wide sleepover. Though she did these things for mere amusement, she never really became involved in the events. Veronica would be seen in the background reading a piece of literature with a small crowd of boys fighting for her attention.

Finally fed up with her lack of discipline, her parents chose to enroll her in Tamai. To their dismay, Veronica was actually infatuated with the thought of finally escaping. Without question she would get in, as she had both the monetary support as well as the intellect. Image

Personality: A loner by nature, Veronica isn't one to go out of her way to be bothered with you. While she isn't reclusive to the point of being an outcast, she'd rather tend to her own wants and needs without confronting others. She views friendship as something of value, and only offers it to those she deems worthy. Her arrogance and loner mannerisms often hide the softer side of her personality.

Magical Preference (a field of magic that your character is skilled in): Ice

Edit: Something about Elmo and attention. I read it but was filling out 3 profiles at the same time and forgot to come back and edit it in. >_>;
Last edited by Traziel on Tue May 19, 2009 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Traziel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lily Evans on Mon May 18, 2009 9:36 pm

Name:
Lily Evans

Nickname:
Lil, Lolly, Lilz, Lils, and Fuzzy Blanket-Chan.

Age (14-15):

Bio:
Lily has a few family members, including the twins (her younger sister Hinata Evans and her younger brother Hugo Evans) and a half sister named Dragana Nott. Lily's mother died after giving birth to the twins. Her father gave them the Evans name in rememberance of her mother. (Gideon and Laurana had not been married before they had Lily, which ended up with her getting her mother's last name.)

Gideon remarried and had another child a year later named Dragana Nott, finally a child to take Gideon's last name. However, after a few years past, Sandra Bennitt Nott was killed in a traffic incident. The family stays at Nott Manor and this year will be sending their oldest daughter Lily to the elite private school Tamai High School.

Personality:
In general, Lil is a sweet, shy girl who does her best in everything she does, but she does have a bit of a temper that flares up whenever she sees something thats injust.

Magical Preference:
Light

Appearance: Image
Lily has fiery red hair that trails down to her slender hips and bright almond shaped green eyes that looks almost carved from living emeralds. They sparkle whenever she smiles and shows her other emotions clearly. With soft pink lips and ivory skin, she is a beauty at 5'3, a little shorter than most 16 year old girls. Her body is slender and flexible due to training in ballet and gymnastics at an early age.

Elmo from Sesame Street
Last edited by Lily Evans on Tue May 19, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lily Evans
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mercurial on Mon May 18, 2009 10:13 pm

All accepted. Nice sheets. :) Where are the others? Did they forget about this already? :( Well, regardless if they post their sheets or not, I'll probably have the IC up by either late today or around 3:30 PM tomorrow.

EDIT: *Coughs* Rule #7 *coughs*. Well, I guess it's fine since I invited Traziel and Lily posted it already. However, it seems that nobody caught the Elmo from Sesame Street thing.
Last edited by Mercurial on Mon May 18, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercurial
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lily Evans on Mon May 18, 2009 10:22 pm

Coolie. ^_^

Lily Evans
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XXXCrimsonXXX on Mon May 18, 2009 11:03 pm

Name: Johnathan "J" "Johnny" Helsing
Age (14-15): 15
Bio: Johnathan has spent most of his life into school work because of his family being poor so he couldn't do any extra caricular activitys but he still worked hard enough and became smart enough to get into tomai. (Elmo from Sesame Street lol ^^)
Personality: quiet, calm, and shy but is really kind, loveing, fun, and a romantic gentleman when you get to know him. John is very athletic and artistic. Prefers to be called J instead of Johnathan and if you are really close he will let you call him Johnny.
Magical Preference (a field of magic that your character is skilled in): Wind
Appearance (Description and/or picture is fine. Anime picture preferred, but realistic is fine):
Last edited by XXXCrimsonXXX on Tue May 19, 2009 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

XXXCrimsonXXX
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!