Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Players wanted for a rp of medieval intrigue

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Players wanted for a rp of medieval intrigue

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby merodach on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:44 pm

art-succession-t46757.html

He had conquered the world.

The hundred kingdoms had rallied beneath his lion banner when he cast down the Godkings of Seygos. His iron horsemen had taught obeisance to the Free Cities in the west and reached the ends of the world in the east.

Now, the Lion lies dying, and the empire he had created without an heir.

Concept:

Art of Succession is a realistic roleplay set in a medieval world without magic. Change the destiny of a kingdom as you delve into the conspiracies and shifting alliances at court.

PCs should be powerful lords or ladies or others with access to the highest circles of politics, such as the most prominent artists, intellectuals, or physicians of the day. Peasants who find a rusty sword stuck in a rock and go off to rescue princesses locked away in towers are routinely executed in this land. And it goes without saying that cat people and vampires are eviscerated and served as delicacies at the monthly feast.

Players should also refrain from making flawless characters. Everyone is messed up in some way or another, and nobody has infinite resources. Exploring your character's weaknesses is just as fun as using their strengths.

To further the intrigue aspect, it is strongly reccomended that characters enter the game with pre-existing connections to other PCs and NPCs, whether they be friend, family, or foe.

We also require that posts are mostly free from grammatical and spelling errors. Third person is suggested, but go with whatever works best for your situation. Joint posting, where each player in a thread writes a single post that can be edited by any of them at the same time, is encouraged. It's especially useful for dialogue-heavy episodes.

The plot, and even world lore, for this game has not yet been determined. You get to create it. Lore is to arise naturally from in character roleplaying. When playing it's perfectly acceptable to have your character drop a random proper noun or two: "Lord Atworl isn't even a match for those cowardly Jans." If desired, you can expand your descriptions of who Lord Atworl is or what the Jans are in later posts. Feel free to invite other players to fill in the blanks of your posts as well.

If the idea of a game of medieval intrigue set in a largely realistic world has caught your attention any, please feel free to submit a character! As we've said, the details of our setting are largely blank and we'd love to accommodate any ideas that you may have.

OOC thread here
art-succession-t46757.html

Character template

Code: Select all
[code][b]Name:[/b] Your character's name.
[b]Titles:[/b] If any
[b]Standing:[/b] Your character's position in court.
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]House:[/b] The name of your House, should he/she have one.
-[i]Words:[/i] The house motto
-[i]Seat:[/i] The seat of your estates
-[i]Family:[/i] Family Members (optional)
-[i]History:[/i] History of the family (optional)
[b]Reputation:[/b] Whatever about other characters in court could know about your character, whether it pertain to his personality or history. (need not necessarily be true).[/code]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

merodach
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Players wanted for a rp of medieval intrigue

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ellessar on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:00 pm

I'm definitely interested. Will ponder a character. One question for you. Are female characters restricted to the solar or might they take on more active, martial pursuits? That way I'll know if I'm creating a male or female character.

Thanks much.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ellessar
Member for 14 years

Re: Players wanted for a rp of medieval intrigue

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VemarielImbelinde on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:10 pm

I'll join. I'm thinking of an idea right now and I'll submit it soon. I'm thinking of a relative of Soah's maybe a cousin or even a younger half sister that serves in the court as a handmaiden/ lady-in-waiting as it was common for medieval queens to keep their relatives as attendants for trustworthiness (ie. Marie-Antoinette). Do I need to know anything about her backstory or is that up to me to build more of a history onto the Lion King's Third wife?

VemarielImbelinde
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!