Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

In-Progress RP in Need of Another Player

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

In-Progress RP in Need of Another Player

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Khiron Songsteel on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:15 pm

"The kingdom of Daerna was once a prosperous and kindly land. It's king was a wise and fair man, who ruled for many years in the people's interests. Relations with all the races were good, even with the war-like Dwarves who wanted nothing more than to invade and take their mineral mines for themselves. Unfortunately, this all changed once the Princess was born. On her coming-of-age day, she had her father assassinated and her mother framed as the murderer. She rose to power and used it like a whip, reinstating the gladatorial arena, building the Daernan military, and calling off all treaties with the Dwarves and Elves and Fairyfolk by declaring the kingdom as the rightful ruler of the continent. The gladatorial Arena became a place of bloodshed, with the prize of victory being a chance to serve in the Legion--though the victors were not given any choice in the matter--as frontline soldiers."

Verith ir'Laikos ( http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/S ... s/Guy5.jpg ) is a half-elf ex-noble, betrayed by his betrothed and younger brother. On the day of his exile, he was swept up by the town guards and tossed into the Arena despite his heritage.

Jerek Arkis ( http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs31/i/2008/ ... Morthz.jpg ) is a rogue, a thief, and a scoundrel, guttertrash by higher definitions, street-savvy and deathly efficient. He too, was captured by the town guards and thrown into the Arena.

These two men fought their way through the Arena, against rising odds as they earned the Queen's ire, until finally they are drafted into the Penal Legion's 13th platoon, who are charged with spearheading the Queen's campaign against the Orcs in the northern Bladeridge Mountains.

Basically, we're looking for a female character to add another perspective to the story, to make things even more interesting and to have fun playing around a fantasy setting that is even now building itself as we go along. We only need one for now, but we might add more as the story goes on. The only real requirements we have are that you have to be active and have an IM account so things can move quickly. Please PM me if you are interested, and we can discuss your character and place in the story (pretty much it'll be up to you, we're all about personal creativity ^^). We'd love to hear from you soon! :)
Last edited by Khiron Songsteel on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twice and twice shall he be marked,
twice to live, and twice to die.
Once the heron, to set his path.
Twice the heron, to name him true.
Once the Dragon, for remembrance lost.
Twice the Dragon, for the price he must pay.
- Karaethon Cycle, Sixth Passage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Khiron Songsteel
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: In-Progress RP in Need of a Woman's Touch

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Excuse me mate but you can't request a player's gender due to security issues. You may wanna change the title as it's misleading in that sense and state in the first post how you need a female character.

Regarding the actual topic, I'm rather intrigued by the half-elf noble - just how did he get to said position? Are elves in your role-play less focused on purity? It's awfully stereotype-defying.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: In-Progress RP in Need of Another Player

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Khiron Songsteel on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:57 pm

Ack. I apologize for that, and I fixed it. Terribly sorry for the trouble. ^^

To explain Verith's situation: Yes, elves in the roleplay are more animalistic and primal. Elven women are considered trophy wives among Daernan nobles. Verith's younger brother was born by their father's human wife, and grew up jealous that Verith would inherit the family power and wealth, and conspiered with Verith's betrothed to take him out of the picture, partnering to share the wealth of the ir'Laikos House. Make sense? It kinda came up off the top of my head.

Khiron Songsteel
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!