Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

S.L.E.E.P.O.V.E.R. - - A Random For-Fun RP (OOC and Signups)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

S.L.E.E.P.O.V.E.R. - - A Random For-Fun RP (OOC and Signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:09 pm

Greetings, lucky participant!

You've been randomly selected to take part in a month-long event, beginning in three days! If you wish to take part, you will have the priveledge of spending the next thirty-days completely care-free in the lap of luxury, within the walls of the grand LaFenir Estate. As our guest, you will have full access to all of the wonderful utilities this home has to offer, including a fully equipped exercise room, an Olypmic size indoor swimming pool, and a luxury spa, among much else!

Full details will be given upon your arrival. Please bring along whatever you feel necessary, although you will have full access to clothing, food, and necessities as you wish. If you are interested, all you have to do is show up, before the end of the day on the date specified. The location of the estate and contact information are also enclosed in this envelope. If you have any questions, please call the number provided there.

Sincerely,

Mr. G. LaFenir

You've just recieved this letter in your mail, jumbled up with the fliers and bills you're so used to seeing. The envelope is fancy, coloured gold with a silver trim. Why are you recieving it? You already know. Just a week ago, an enormous estate was completed, the biggest and most luxurious in the entire world. It's enormous, easily able to fit several mansions inside of itself and still have room for more. It's far, far too big for a family of twenty to live in. Why ever build something so huge? Easy. World records. Mega-multi-billionaire Gerard LaFenir had the estate built so that he might secure the world's record for largest house in the world. He did it, easily, with lots to spare. However, Mr. LaFenir already owns several estates, and this particular one is a tad too big for him to actually live in.

So he did the only sensible thing. He sent out invitations to randomly selected people, from every background and situation in life, inviting them to come and spend an expense-free month in the grand building. Why? Because he can, and it makes him look more generous, which is good. He announced his plan over news and radio broadcasts the day the record was secured. How many invites was he sending? A number wasn't given. Could be one, could be ten, could be fifty.

Well, lucky you. You've recieved one of these invites. Are you planning on showing up? I dunno... could end up pretty crazy.

Alright. The whole point of this RP is to be random, crazy, and fun. I was inspired to make this after reading the fancomic "Sleepover", on DeviantArt. This isn't really meant to be all serious; this is just for fun ;D

Setting

This takes place in a dimesion paralell to ours; the structure of the world is pretty much the same, with a couple differences. You can have your character be whatever you want, pretty much, as long as it's reasonable. No gods and such, or any insanely powerful people (since you know fights are going to break out with a bunch of strangers all trapped in the same house). You can use magic if you want. Just go ahead, have fun with it.

Oh yeah, the house. Well, it's pretty fantastic. As mentioned in the letter, there's an enormous pool, a luxury spa, and a fully equipped state-of-the-art gym. There's also several hot tubs (one in each of the five bathrooms at least), a huge library, a large arcade, another pool (though this one is a little bit smaller than the other), a sunroom... there's a lot. Look around and you'll find it all.

Also, like the letter mentioned. Clothes and such. There's also a sort of a store in the house, in the back, with plenty of clothing and such for the people to pick from (it's more of an enormous closet). It gets restocked every night... everything does. The houseguests have no idea who does this. Apparently their servants or whatever are very sneaky.

Rules

Even in a just-for-fun thread, we need some rules. They keep the chaos under control, you see.

1. No godmodding. It's just not cool, okay?

2. Try and keep serious auto-hitting to a minimum. You can't just blow someone's arm off on call.

3. Romance and violence are both allowed, but keep it reasonable. If the clothes start flying, take it to your PM box. We don't care what you do there.

4. Swearing is allowed, but again, keep it reasonable. I don't want to see the f-bomb dropped every couple of seconds.

5. You're allowed multiple characters, but make sure you distinguish between the two in your posts somehow. No, I won't allow more than two.

6. Even if this is meant to be totally random, keep the posting to a decent level. At least three lines, check your spelling and grammar, blah blah blah etc.

7. Keep active. If you're gonna be away, PM or post in the OC thread so that we know. If you're leaving the thread, let me know.

8. I can change these rules or add more as I see fit.

Character Profiles

Name:
Personality:
Other:

(No bio's. We're all strangers remember ;D)
Last edited by Kira Walker on Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No, I'm not the girl your mother warned you about.

Her imagination was never this good. <33

:: Y'all heard about Mary-Jane?
She's my main thing.
She makes me feel alright;
She makes my heart sing. ::

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Name: Kira Walker

Appearance: Dark, crimson-red hair that falls in straight, slightly choppy strands down to her shoulders, with bangs brushing near her eyes. Her skin tone is about average, though slightly on the pale side. Her eyes are a bright, fiery blue, and she's a little bit on the short side, standing at about 5' 3". Her lifestyle has led to her body being well toned; she has a slender build, and weighs in at about 115 lbs. Her average outfits normally consist of somewhat scrappy clothing; plain, normally dark-coloured well fitting t-shirts and tank-tops, and worn out, torn up denim jeans and shorts. The only footwear she owns is a pair of worn-out combat boots that clearly weren't made for her, but still fit her surprisingly well. Aside from that, she has a belt that she wears around her waist which contains many small compartments, which hold all of her basic utilities. She has a tattoo of her shoulder blades of butterfly wings; they're coloured black and white.

Personality: Fiery and self-confident, though she can on occassion be a bit quiet around people she doesn't know. She'd hard-headed, very opinionated. and normally very vocal about those opinions. She's honest and frank to the point of bluntness, and can be a bit sarcastic to boot; this has led some people to believe that she's kind of a mean person. She's not a very trusting individual at first, but she's very open with people she does trust and loyal till the end for her friends. She's got a bit of a bad temper, which can get set off easily; if she's embarrassed, hurt, humiliated, or pissed, chances are, most of the time she shows it by... well, getting pissed. She tries to act all tough, but in reality it's just a front. She's quite self-concious about herself in reality, and fronts as very confident to try and cover it up.

Other: Her motto is, "Live like you're about to die", and she does this, by doing a lot of just whatever she feels like. She loves rock music, and is quite a skilled vocalist and guitar player. She's trying to learn the drums currently. She enjoys alcohol, but not too much, and every once in a while you can catch her smoking, if she's been through a seriously stressful time. She's never had a boyfriend, not because guys were never interested in her, but because she was always a bit nervous, or she wasn't interested in them. She absolutely loves sushi, seafood, and sweet stuff.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: S.L.E.E.P.O.V.E.R. - - A Random For-Fun RP (OOC and Signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:14 pm

Name; Arianna Winter
Age; 19
Personality; Arianna is shy, but does like company. When not with her friends, she's usually found with her twin brother, who she considers to be the person she's closest too. She's very tolerant, unlike her brother, and very rarely lashes out, if she does at all. He annoys her by being constantly over protective, and it;s the only thing she argues with him about.
Appearance;
Other; Arianna has taken vocal coaching since she was young, and the training has payed off. Her voice is brilliant, and her and her twin brother are thinking of starting a band.

Name; Jade Winter
Age; 19
Personality; Jade is more outgoing than his twin. He's still pretty quiet, but he loves to have a laugh with his friends. If he isn't found with them, he's most likely with his twin. Jade has a short fuse, and he tends to lash out with his fists pretty quickly. He's very protective of his sister, which annoys her to no end.
Appearance;
Other; Jade has been playing guitar for a good couple of years, and is teaching his sister how to play it.
Last edited by SaveYou on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaveYou
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Awesome, accepted. Lovely profiles ;D

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Key~ on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:28 pm

Name:Natalie Lane
Appearance: Natalie has lazel eyes. Her hair is Dark brown and ends at about the middle of her back. Her skin is light brown. She where's a black and red top with stripes. She wheres black shorts and black running shoes. She also has a black head band and black earrings.
Personality: She is usually a nice person,if people are nice to her. She is quiet most of the time and is not the one to gossip. She can't stand gossiping and finds it stupid and a waste of time. She's usually shy around people she doesn't know.
Other: Natalie sings and plays the guitar. She's really artistic.
I said, I saw it coming.Where did you see it!? Where did you see it!?Why are you panting baby? Is it to hard to keep up with what you said?From the outskirts of common sense this is extremely uncommon.(anonymous voices; anonymous voices).So many lights ahead, if only we kept our eyes open.(I set my friends on Fire)

~Key~
Member for 16 years

Name: Maiya Peterkin
Appearance: She has dark brown hair and a slight tan. Being part Fillipino and part French, she has a friendly, cheerleader appearence, with wide (but not creepy) eyes and soft features. She stands at about 5"4. Her personal style can be described as girly and almost-tight.
Personality: BITCH. She is picky with girls. If you aren't up to her standards she will KICK you. Basically, she tries to figure you out, which takes about a day, you know, what kind of person you are, whats your style, do you have anything she wants, what can she hold hostage, is that purse a knock-off. With guys she is much looser. If he is hot, she will like him. If he is rich, she will like him. She has to be in control of every situation too.
Other: She's wealthier than most people, but not as much as the people who only wear designer clothing.

CAPSIZED.cages
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Name: Alexandria (Alex) Rodriguez

Appearance: Alex has short, choppy purple hair that sticks out in every direction, strongly contrasting the deep green of her big eyes. She always has heavy eye makeup on, mostly black, but little else. She normally wears tight blue jean capri(sp?) pants with a worn out white long sleeved shirt, causing her green camisole to show from under her shirt. Donned on her feet are brown slip-on leather shoes to match her brown leather belt. Alex wears a silver watch with a rainbow on the face, small silver hoop earrings, and a silver necklace with a lightning bolt charm hanging from it. Standing at a 5'6", her body is slender and toned, the perfect proportions for her size.

Personality: Alex doesn't normally keep to herself. She takes smack talk from no one. She trusts no one completely, but is easy to make them think she does. Her non-hesitant personality has gotten her into trouble, and has fueled her love for getting into arguments with others. She loves to gossip, and makes it a point to do it as much as possible.

Other: Alex loves to drink. She turns silly when she does so, and hang all over anyone in site. She is a habitual trouble-maker and doesn't care what anyone thinks about her. She has the magical ability to make things disappear, but cannot make them reappear.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Key~ on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:09 pm

Is this roleplay going to go under the "everything else" category?

~Key~
Member for 16 years

Yeah, it will be ;P You're all accepted, I'll be posting up the IC thread once I'm done some work outside.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Driney on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:42 pm

Name: Sabine Williams
Appearance: Sabine has wavy blonde hair that falls down to her lower back. She has dark green eyes that become more ebony when she is annoyed or angry. Sometimes they will become gray for no real reason. She is about '5 foot 6' and pretty slim although quite curvy.
Personality: Usually calm, can be sarcastic and mean if she feels like it but usually isn't.
Other: She is the younger sister of Michael

Name: Michael Williams
Appearance: Michael has blonde hair like Sabine but his hair is darker and has some natural brown streaks. He is about 6 feet tall and has green eyes like his sister.
Personality: A bit of a control freak and usually bosses around his sister. She doesn't mind it but it usually get on other people's nerves.
Other: He is the older brother of Sabine

Driney
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:53 pm

Name: Ben Taylor and Andrew Taylor {brothers}
Age: (No lower than 18) Ben is 23 and Andrew [Andy] is 18.
Appearance: Image
Personality: Ben was always protective of his younger brother, but he was also more outgoing and sensible. Andy used to be quiet and was picked on, but when he hit fifteen he started drinking and resented Ben's attempts at stopping him. So now he is loud and obnoxious when drunk and Ben disapproves, seldom getting drunk himself.
Other: Andy's arm is bandaged from an "accident" he was in lately, which was actually a fight where his arm got stabbed. Ben doesn't know but is suspicious. He will be over-protective of his brother constantly.
my girlies;;
laurenn ;; larii ;; laurie ;; charlie ;; becky ;; beth ;; illy ;; sessi ;; rachael ;; kiers

Image Image Image
may i waste your time too?

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Accepted ;P

IC thread is ready ;D You guys can jump in.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kairu on Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:41 pm

Name: Kairu
Appearance: He wears black pants and a black t-shirt
Personality: He is happy and is willing to help in all ways he can...
Other: He can see through things (Not quite x-ray...) and he can use telekenisis... Which helps due to a paralyzed left arm...
ImageImage Image
I gots a new egg! Clicky clicky!

Kairu
Member for 16 years

Accepted ;D You can start.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Name: Violet Greene
Appearance: http://www.kekepalmer.com/images/kekepic_010.jpg
Personality: Sweet and shy. She likes to to sketch. She wants to be an artist. She is a bit emo.
Other:
" The good die young. So I'll live long" KagomeGurl
Please visit my site as : http://songagurl.proboards105.com/index ... roupcreate

KagomeGurl
Member for 16 years

Name: Julian Kurt Parkhurst
Appearance: i got one, two, three, four, five, six, six, six
Personality: He's witty, sarcastic, and speaks with a composed smoothness that draws people to him as much as his mischievous comments do. Great charisma, good taste in clothes, but a lot of black. It's professional, in a way, but it tends to make people wonder. Though he usually has a high self-esteem, he can be bitter and downright vicious when it lowers.
Other: He's actually rather suspicious about the offer and wants to investigate everything fully, for his job. <ahem> I mean, he's a college student on break, looking for a good time...

Name: Sol Lenore
Appearance: it was well intentioned but bad advice
Personality: Haughty, rather fierce, prone to flying into a temper if things don't go her way.
Other: Did I mention she's a model?

withoutfail
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darcy on Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:41 am

Name: Alejandro Davide
Appearance: Alejandro is part Russian and Spanish. His skin is a very fair color and his eyes are so dark brown that they look almost black. Alejandro is also quite tall 6'5" to be exact. Most of the time he could be seen wearing a black Italian suit with a pair of crocodile skin dress shoes. He wears a Rolex watch on his right wrist and a pair of silver metaled prescription eye glasses. He has short but thick black hair on his head which is always combed back to put more emphasis on his dark eyes. All in all, he looks like a very snobby rich person.
Personality: Not as snobby as he seems, he's actually quite the opposite. Alejandro is humble, chaste, straightforward & trustworthy, over-dramatic sometimes, a bit sacrilegious, amiable, a definite debonair, compassionate toward people with problems, and a little egotistical too.
Other: (I'll add stuff here later)
I love DCLXVI and Kira Walker to the third degree.

Darcy
Member for 16 years

You're both accepted, feel free to start ;D

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:20 am

Room for one more?

Name: Grace Geller
Appearance: Long, brunette hair that is naturally very curly, with bangs that sometimes fall over her large, violet eyes. Grace usually wears contacts, but sometimes she wears her black framed, square glasses. She loves to dress 'nice', preferring dresses, cardigans and smart shoes to jeans and t-shirts, she is often described by friends as having a 'librarian-esque' look. Her body is slim and petite, with slender legs and a flat stomach, and apart from her eyes, she is actually rather plain.
Personality: Intelligent and organized, Grace can come over as a little uptight. She habit of obsessing over tiny details and making them out to be a bigger deal than they really are, but once she lets loose she can be really good fun to be around.
Other: Grace has 4 half-siblings in total, and her sister, Emma, taught her to play Piano when the two were in elementary school together.
the epic girlies,,
{} lari && lauren && becky && laurie && illy && sessi {}

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:22 am

Accepted ;P Very good.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!