Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Enter Raynedale Asylum

Raynedale News and Updates

a part of “Enter Raynedale Asylum”, a fictional universe by MorphineKisses.

(Full!) Enter into Raynedale Asylum and uncover Dr. Raven's dark secrets. Maybe you'll be "cured" in the process.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Enter Raynedale Asylum”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Raynedale News and Updates

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MorphineKisses on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Ok Guys. I figured we needed a place to put some news and updates about the game, so hence this section in OOC.

First update: I have added 2 new places into the "Places" tab in Raynedale. They are "Group Therapy Room" and "Dr. Raven's Office." We won't be using those places for posts for a while, but I felt like they needed to be placed there to complete the game. After everyone gets acquainted with one another, Dr. Raven will call patients into "Group Therapy" by 3's and then those 3 patients will begin posting in the "Group Therapy" place for the next little while until their "Session" is complete. Then they will work themselves back into the regular asylum group and then Dr. Raven will call 3 more patients, etc. Hopefully that will work out how I have it planned, but if we run into problems then we'll address them then.

"Dr. Raven's Office" is intended for more 1x1 intensive therapy and will be used later on in the roleplay.

Please click on both places before the roleplay begins because I have included new graphics on each place with some key information, such as some objects kept in Dr. Raven's office. Once you click on the place, you will see the new graphics. I placed them there because I didn't want to clutter up the main introduction page with more graphics just yet.

I will be making another graphic for the nurses station and will hopefully have that posted by late tonight.

Hope everyone can see the new graphics :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MorphineKisses
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Re: Raynedale News and Updates

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MorphineKisses on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Ok, finally finished the last graphic we're going to be using for right now. It can be found beneath the map on the main "Introduction" tab and should give you guys some IC ideas :)

If any of you are having problems viewing all the graphics, be sure to clean out your internet history, cache, and cookies and then relog or try again. The best way I know to do that is to download CCleaner ( http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner ) It's a free program that will do all of that for you. If you want to do it manually, then open up your options or settings screen of your internet browser and then look for "Internet History" "Internet Cache" and "Cookies". You want to clear all of them out and then relaunch the browser so it can retrieve all of the images again :)

Hope this helps and can't wait to get going tomorrow! Have a good night!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MorphineKisses
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MorphineKisses on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:34 am

First post is up! Have at it you guys :) Any questions, don't be afraid to ask...

MorphineKisses
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MorphineKisses on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:16 pm

Hey guys :)

ZaBanpaiaNeko brought up a really good point. I didn't include where the showers were in the facility >.< I have updated the main map on the Introductions page to include where the showers are. Patients are allowed to shower in the evening times only, with males going at one time and females going at another. There are 6 stalls in the showers, with each shower being sectioned off by a curtain. Hope that helps clarify some things!

If you don't see the updated map, clear your internet cache and reload the website. Sorry for the inconvenience!

MorphineKisses
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MorphineKisses on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:26 pm

Hey guys :) 'Nother Update! :D

Myself and Redux are working on graphics for both the cafeteria and day room. They should be done later today that way you guys will have a better idea of what's all in both of the rooms. That way you guys will know what you can use in your roleplay. I'll update again when the images are done.

MorphineKisses
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MorphineKisses on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:55 pm

Yet another update:

I added 2 graphics of the Cafeteria and the Day Room to the main page under the Introduction Tab. You should be able to see them if you refresh. If they aren't showing up beneath the regular map, then clear your cache and reload the page. Again, sorry for the inconvenience!

This update should give you guys more to visualize and should help with ideas of what to keep your character occupied with. :) I think that's about it, graphic wise, for a while. Unless anyone wants one for something else specifically.

MorphineKisses
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MorphineKisses on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:10 pm

Ok, been busy for most of the night here! Here are the newest updates to the game:

I added another OOC thread for NPC characters. I've posted a small character sheet for Sam, the resident cook and another character sheet for the 3 security guards that will handle the patients if violence occurs. Instead of creating the security guards as separate characters in the actual Tab, I've decided to just have them in the OOC section so that it's #1 Easier for me to keep up with, #2, easily referenced for you guys, and #3 You guys will be able to use them in your posts (sparingly!)

I don't mind talking with Sam at all and you guys using him in your posts if you want, but for the security guards, I'd like some sort of notice before you post with them, if you use them. I would like the liberty of letting you know what they will do, etc if you use them in your posts. I will be using the Security guards a lot in my posts to handle the more violent patients, so they will mostly be used by me, but I wanted to give you guys the option if you are feeling a bit more creative :)

Also, I'm going to post a rather large post for Nurse Jackie next, and get things started in the Day Room for everyone so we can FINALLY leave the Cafe after breakfast lol

Be sure to look over all the new stuff and let me know what ya think, I love hearing ideas and thoughts from you guys on any content I add to the game!

MorphineKisses
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redux on Wed May 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Hey everyone I just posted a poll in the OOC thread "Enter Raynedale Asylum". Please read it and answer it ASAP.

Thanks,
Redux

Redux
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MorphineKisses on Thu May 03, 2012 2:48 pm

Hey everyone. Just an update to let you know neon.lynxie who controls the characters of Bom and October (the twins) will not be online for a little bit due to some family issues. As GM, I'm going to make a post to remove their characters from the current game and put them into their rooms on lockdown until she can come back to play them again. They won't be leaving the game completely, just be locked in their rooms away from the rest of the patients until she can come back to play again. I don't really know how long that will be, but it could be a few weeks (not sure...). Just an FYI in case anyone was relying on their characters or planning something with them.

Also, still need votes on the poll about Group Therapy!!! Please PM me if you haven't already or post in the "Enter Raynedale Asylum" OOC thread! Thanks!

MorphineKisses
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redux on Fri May 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Hey guys,
We are about to start a new game in the day room. This is going to be Pictionary! Yes, you heard right, Pictionary! Hopefully everyone here knows how to use paint and if not, here is a link to a video tutorial to help ya out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_xOwE_1grY

Here are some links if you do not have Microsoft Paint.
For PC there is GIMP and Getpaint - http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ - http://www.getpaint.net/.
For Mac there is Paintbrush and Seashore - http://paintbrush.sourceforge.net/ - http://seashore.sourceforge.net/The_Sea ... About.html.

During our game of Pictioanary everyone will use Paint to draw their own picture. A keyword will be PM'd to you by Morphine or myself. After you have recieved your keyword you will draw it out and in your RP write out each move and what not. After this, people will try and guess what you have drawn with ONE post. We are doing ONE post so that this does not drag on and on and on and on, like this sentence. :P If no one has guessed correctly then after their one post, then the person who drew it will reveal the word and another person will be PM'd a new keyword to start a new game. This will continue on until Nurse Jackie announce that lunch is ready and being served in the cafeteria. We are doing this so that everyone has some fun and your characters are forced to interact with one another. DO NOT make your drawing perfect or put your keyword in your drawing. NO words should be used in any of your drawings. The reason for this is to make it a bit more challenging and we all get to see how creative your characters are.

If you are the drawer use one post to describe your actions and your drawing, then link the image of your picture in your post. We have taken the liberty of creating an Imageshack account for EVERYONE to use. Please do not spam this account with random picutes. We are onlyusing it for Pictionary at this time. Login to Imageshack with the account name and password and upload your image. Then use the "Direct Link" URL that is beneath the picture to link it to your post. The Imageshack info is:

Link: http://imageshack.us/
Email: Raynedale.Asylum@gmail.com
Password: raven

After you have uploaded a picture and are done with Imageshack, please log off so the next person may log in. If you have any problems using Imageshack or paint programs, please PM Morphine or myself and we will be happy to help you. You can also reach myself or Morphine on Skype at:

Morphine: digital.wolf209
Redux: doofmaster2

Just let us know who you are when you add us on Skype. You can also reach us at Raynedale.Asylum@gmail.com.

***NOTE***
Please make sure you read the OOC threads, both "Enter Raynedale Asylum" and "News and Updates", there will always be some sort of notes and information from us about the roleplay status.

Thank you,
The Raynedale Asylum Staff (lol)

Redux
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MorphineKisses on Sun May 06, 2012 3:57 pm

Ok guys, another update:

The character of Kyle is now up for adoption. The player who played him, MadHatter, has left the roleplay. :( He didn't leave on bad terms though and is always welcome back if he decides he wants to rejoin. I have another person who will be filling in his role in the next few days. They are not going to be adopting his character though, and will be making their own original character who is also a male. :) He is currently working on his character sheet and we are working together to get him updated on the story so far so I can get him into the game as easily as possible. I'm sure once he gets the hang of things, he'll be by the OOC threads to introduce himself.

I have been extremely busy with real life stuff the past few days and have not had the time to post my HUGE post to get everything prepared for the Pictionary game yet.... so please forgive me :3 I'm going to work on it as soon as I post this message and hopefully if everything goes right it will be up in the next little while. I'll also update the Summaries section because I'm expecting my post to be quite long and I want people to have the option of reading the summary instead, though I know a lot of you will read the post anyway :)

Thanks for being so patient with me and please hang in here with us! This will take off and be so much fun soon!

MorphineKisses
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redux on Thu May 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to keep you updated. Morphine had to go tothe ER last night with two broken ribs and she is now trying to recover from it. We will post more as soon as she is feeling better. Sorry for any inconvenience. -- Redux

Redux
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkXLegend on Fri May 11, 2012 7:57 am

Hope she's alright and feeling better. <3

DarkXLegend
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MorphineKisses on Wed May 16, 2012 11:09 pm

Hey guys. I'm so sorry about the huge delay here... I feel awful about it. D: I'm slowly recovering from my broken ribs. Turns out I broke several of them and have been pretty doped up since. I am setting aside a large portion of my day tomorrow to get things up and running again here. I'm so very sorry I couldn't have done this sooner. I'm still in a lot of pain, but I know this needs to keep going or else it will die off and I definitely DON'T want that to happen....

I'll be PMing everyone tomorrow after I get my post made and we'll get everything started again... Thanks everyone for being patient with me. I know it has sucked and come to a stand-still, but we'll get it started again, I'm sure and things will pick back up. I'm not giving up....

Thanks everyone,
MK

MorphineKisses
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkXLegend on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:56 am

I am really sad that this died out =[ I hope morphine is alright though

DarkXLegend
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!