Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Razlent's tavern <open ic>

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Razlent's tavern <open ic>

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby danqaz on Fri May 22, 2009 1:54 am

(yes anyone can join this)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Razlent's tavern is a new place that has recently opened up for passing travellers or adventurers, there are rooms available to spend the night in, and there are some games for the gambling adventurer. The owner, Razlent is a human, quite young and has always wanted to run a tavern or inn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bar menu:
Ale: 4 gold pieces
Wine: 6 gold pieces
Razlent's titan ale: 20 gold pieces
Bread: 3 gold pieces
Stew: 4 gold pieces
Ask if there's something else you’re looking for.

Rooms available (10 gold pieces a night): 2

Dice and card games available.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Razlent couldn’t help but grin as he finally finished the cliché 'open' sign he had calved into the door he walked into his tavern and sat on a chair behind the table. He was exited at the thought of the kind of people visiting his tavern, all the different races, and the many stories, maybe an honoured hero might visit.
Last edited by danqaz on Fri May 22, 2009 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

danqaz
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Razlent's tavern <open ic>

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Fri May 22, 2009 4:17 am

Xiphon strolled calmly in, flames licking the base of his cloak. As soon as he stepped over the threshold, they extinguished. "Don't want to harm this place, now do I?" Xiphon, a wandering mercenary mage and a proud member of both the thief's and mercenary's guilds, always made sure to visit the place next when he was in town. This time though, he decided to try the new place. There seemed nobody there but him, but he wanted conversation. He raised his hand, yelling, "Hey! Barkeep! What's your name?"
ImageImage ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby danqaz on Fri May 22, 2009 4:51 am

Razlent raised himself from his seat excitedly, the man who entered was an interesting one, Razlent wondered who he could have been, what great stories would he have, how much would he spend, he could barely contain his excitement, he felt like a child wielding his first sword.
"Razlents the name friend, can I interest you in anything?"
Razlent felt as if he could have worded his sentence better, but he still kept a grin and prepared for an answer.

danqaz
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Fri May 22, 2009 7:51 am

"I'll take the finest wine you have, in the cleanest glass you have. I'm not fake about being tough. So, hear any good stories lately? I've got a few....."

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby danqaz on Fri May 22, 2009 8:04 am

"Haven’t heard many stories of late sir, I’ve been too wrapped up in setting this place up. What have you got to share?"
Razlent prepared the wine as he spoke, he was sure to follow the order perfectly, finest wine, cleanest class; he wanted people to hear good things about this place. He placed the wine in on the table in front of the man, and took up a seat, and listened.

danqaz
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Fri May 22, 2009 8:42 am

Phoenix Marie Black looked around and sighed. If she was going to get any sleep, she would need to do it find a place. When she saw the tavern, she smiled to herself, her full red lips coming up in a small smile, and her vivid violet eyes brightened under her cloak. She was wearing a pair of traveling slacks that were tight fitting and a tunic that was belted so that it showed off the rest of her curves. The cloak covered everything but her legs, including her head. As she walked into the tavern, the woman stopped for a second to get her bearing, then she continued forward to the bar, where she stopped next to one man, and in front of the bartender. "Can I get a whiskey?" Her musical voice asked as she stood there, then, two delicate hands reached up, and pushed the hood off her head, revealing a mane of slate black hair, that was tucked into the hood, and when freed, spilled out over the garment and down her back, all the way to her lower back. Under the black of the hood, she had been hiding an almost surreal beauty. The woman smiled and sat on a bar stool. She would get a room later and finally be able to sleep, after running from her father for so long, she was nearing exhaustion.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby danqaz on Fri May 22, 2009 9:03 am

Razlent tilted his head once he heard a beautiful voice, a second custemor, and she was so beautiful, but what he found ironic, was the fact that she was ordering a whiskey, she must be hiding something powerful behind that face, he smiled and said "sure you can" Razlent prepared her a whiskey, once again, trying to make the order as perfect as possible, he sat the drink in front of her and said "thats 5 gold thanks ma'am."

Razlent then wondered weather he was going to listen to the mysterious man, or the beautiful woman.

danqaz
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Fri May 22, 2009 9:48 am

Xiphon acknowledged the girl, then nodded. "Well, I've got a rather interesting one. Remember the fire that took out the next town over, about a week ago? That was me. See, that town was home to the cult, "One World Church". They wished to end racial prejudice, by killing all nonhumans. Now, I would have been fine, but I couldn't let that happen. I don't want to go into detail, but let's just say if there are any members left, they weren't in that town. Now, I also sell info on the side. Either of you two need any? Because I'm about to spend the last of my coin. Razlent, that was the finest wine I've ever tasted. Give the rest of the bottle please, sir." He dropped a bag on the counter, jingling. "And keep the change."

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Fri May 22, 2009 9:49 am

Phoenix took out five gold coins from a small satchel, and put them on the counter. "Thank you." She said, pushing hair out of her face. "Nice area." She said absently, looking around the tavern. "Nice business you have here." She told him, taking a quick drink of her whiskey. "Been open for a while?" She asked. When she heard the man talking, she looked over. So it was him. She had been there as well, and had left her without much place to go.

**Edited**

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Fri May 22, 2009 11:43 am

Xiphon blinked as the woman brushed her hair out of her face. A flash of recognition shot across his face, but he quickly turned away, with the excuse of pouring another glass. He handed the bottle to the bartender, and made a few gestures. The bartender poured a second glass, and handed it to the girl, along with a note. It had only one word. Thanks.

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Fri May 22, 2009 11:48 am

Phoenix took the glass and looked at the note, before turning to him, confused. She raised one perfect eyebrow in his direction. Why was he thanking her? She wondered, looking at him and playing with the glass.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Fri May 22, 2009 12:25 pm

Xiphon stood up, and walked to the stairs. "I took the liberty of checking for vacancies before I walked in. The coins should be enough to pay for this as well. I'm slightly tired after all this travel. I'll see you in the morning, good sir."

He used his magic to change the note in the girls hand as he went upstairs. First room on the left. I'll be up for two hours. I'll explain, if you want.

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Fri May 22, 2009 12:35 pm

Phoenix looked at the note again and was surprised to see that it had changed. She looked at the bartender and handed over ten coins. "I need a room." She told him, before walking up the stairs. She found the room the note indicated and knocked on the wood door.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Fri May 22, 2009 12:40 pm

Xiphon lifted his head in surprise. Opening it, he found himself face to face with the girl. "That was fast. I wasn't expecting you to look at it again so soon. Have a seat?" He gestured at the chair and bed, while he himself sat in the corner, as he always did, keeping his back to none. "Alright, I owe an explanation I suppose. You were in that town. I don't what you were there for, but it wasn't to help me. My employer specifically said nobody else was coming with me. That said, I thank you for two things. Whatever your reasons, I thank youfor not tryng to kill me. Second. I thank you for whatever you DID do there. Since it didn't hurt me, it must have helpe me in some way. Any questions? And don't worry, this is free info."

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Fri May 22, 2009 1:00 pm

Phoenix took off the cloak and draped it over the back of the chair. After sweeping her hair over one shoulder, she licked her lips and sat down. "I was very confused, so I looked again, thinking there would be more." She crossed one long leg over the other, one heeled boot tapping over her calf. She listened to his explanation and gave a small nod. "Why would I kill or hurt you?" She asked. "People were sure that it was me, now my father will be back on the hunt." She looked at him and raised her hand which was in a fist. When she opened it, there was a small ball of fire, she leaned forward and blew it, but instead of going out, it floated around for a second. When it got back to her, she wrapped her hand back around it to extinguish it. "Every big fire, the man is sure I cause."

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Fri May 22, 2009 5:36 pm

"Hmm.... I had been wondering why my fire spread so fast. Did you help it along? Hmmm...well, if you aren't my enemy, you're my friend. If this 'big man' comes around, I'll help you out." He made some sparks dance across his fingers. "After all, I'm not bad myself. Now, if you don't mind I'm taking a bit of a rest. If anything happens, don't hesitate to wake me. I'll be up in an instant. You can go back downstairs now, if you want."

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Fri May 22, 2009 5:43 pm

Phoenix stood up. She rolled her eyes at what sounded like a command, but she was used to it. She grabbed her cloak and left, heading into her own room to sleep. After discarding most of her clothes, she crawled into the bed to lay down and get some sleep.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby danqaz on Fri May 22, 2009 10:24 pm

Razlent took the money from the bar table. He wondered what the piece of paper held, why did she leave the second time she looked at the paper. There was something going on, Razlent wanted to know what it was but he couldn't let curiosity overcome him, he sighed and simply changed the sign out the front since two of the rooms had now been occupied. Razlent wanted to here more from the heroic man, and find out more about both of the people, could they use magic? Where had they been? How long did they plan to stay?

danqaz
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zarcon on Mon May 25, 2009 1:31 am

zarcon walked up to the tavern just as the owner was changing the sign. "Excuse me, might you have any rooms left? I'm quite weary from my travels." zarcon was dressed in his usual travelling gear which consists of brown leather boots, lightweight cahinmail shirt and leggings, bracers made of leather and a jet black cloak withhis family's insignia printed on the back of it. his long silver hair glowing in the moonlight, as did his sword. I hope this place has a room left. he thought as the approached.

zarcon
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby danqaz on Mon May 25, 2009 1:41 am

Razlent turned around to see a traveller, "Yes, yes we have 2 roofs left sir," he stretched his smile, another custimer, "but may offer you a drink before you hit the hey?"

danqaz
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!