Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ready to Strike...

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Ready to Strike...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lucid Serpent on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:05 am

As usual, I find online introductions awkward and strange, alas, however, it is appropriate I do one rather than not....

So, I'm a twenty-one year old roleplayer, and roleplaying is something I have been active within for the last three years while I have been writing in general for the last six years. I started out writing fanfictions and have since mostly ceased in this. I used to roleplay quite frequently, doing it constantly and almost always, but eventually I went on hiatus with it. Recently, I've wished to return to roleplaying as often as I once did.

So, I'm here, and I'm eager to begin many adventures within the world born of the minds of fellow roleplays, as well as I am eager to give life to worlds of my own.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Lucid Serpent
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Ready to Strike...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Nebulous Phoenix on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:33 am

And my pwecious little serpent here isn't alone, either.

I am a similar case, although lower my age a tad bit and then knock my years spent roleplaying down to five. I genuinely started out just writing on my own, hoping to delve deeper into the complexity that is the human consciousness and such. Eventually, that lead me to a very old forum, where I luckily was able to weed out all my... less than great roleplaying habits before it eventually went off the grid and one quick Google search landed me here.

I'm here to see if I can force myself past some blocks that otherwise make me unable to play certain roles and certain genders even, much to my dismay. I hope I"ll be able to bypass all of this.

Anyway, I'm sure the two of us will find what we're looking for, and thank you all in advance for whatever warm welcomes you will produce.

- Phoenix (and Serpent)
“Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Nebulous Phoenix
Member for 11 years

Re: Ready to Strike...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:52 pm

The introduction, introductions rather, were as always...awkward. :D

No not really, introductions are never awkward, unless you make it awkward. All you guys were missing, were some fanfare, some banners, maybe some guards, um a dragon. In the case of The Nebulous Phoenix, I would say phoenix. ;)

I'm sure the two of you will find what you're looking for.

On behalf of the users of RPG, RolePlayGateway, we're glad to have you here.

- VP
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!