Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Red Sand. A gladitorial rp.

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Red Sand. A gladitorial rp.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby guru101 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:23 am

You live in the kingdom of Diran, a once prosperous and self sufficient land, ran by old king Alan, where all the races thrived. The land had never seen any major war or invasion due to the large mountain range that surrounded it, isolating the kingdom from the rest of the known world. Despite the mountain range every now and then they would encounter minor threats such as roving bands of goblins or a lumbering troll that has come down from the rocky mountain slopes. To handle these instances there were defenses set up and warriors trained to deal with the enemies or any inside disturbances that may occur within their relatively peaceful home.

As you can imagine their small band of warriors were amazingly adept at dealing with minor threats but when a major war came over their mountains they were at a loss of what to do. The kingdom of Seria led by the great tyrant Dimitri Blackwell stormed over the great mountains protecting Diran; bringing war to the once quiet land. King Blackwell was ruthless in his invasion, slaughtering all that stood in his way. After only two years Blackwell succeeded in his invasion killing king Alan and his successors, as well as breaking the spirits of the people.

Your story starts twenty years after the initial en-slavery of the kingdom of Diran. All the nations people that are fit to fight are sent to Blackwell's grand gladiatorial arena to fight to the death and possibly for their freedom, though none have succeeded so far. Those that are not able bodied enough to fight are sent to the salt mines to labor away until they are nothing but husks of their former selves unable to even lift a pick anymore. When the miners finally pass away the bodies are loaded onto a cart and taken off never to be seen again. Some rumors say that King Blackwell reanimates the corpses and uses them to increase his armies power. Others say that his army is made up completely of cannibals and he feeds the corpses to his men to keep them satisfied. No one truly knows.

You are a slave taken away to the great arena to become a gladiator in the death games that King Blackwell enjoys to watch. Each individual will be put into teams of six, to fight against great beasts and terrible odds. This is the story of your team, this is your legend.

Check out more of the details here Red Sand I will be glad to answer any questions you have. I will be adding more places soon so please be patient.

I want to make a fun, entertaining, and immersive roleplaying experience for everyone. I promise you that I will not be one of those gms that make a role play and abandon it. That ticks me off when people do that just as much as it does anyone else.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

guru101
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Red Sand. A gladitorial rp.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_angle66 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:40 am

sounds interesting...can there be female glatiators?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sweet_angle66
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby guru101 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:32 am

Yes there can be female gladiators. The king does not care if the blood is spilt from a man or a woman as long as the fight is entertaining (insert evil laugh). lol whew lost myself there for a minute.

guru101
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortezHorse on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:47 pm

BUMP! :3 Need three more gladiators and two more healers! ;)

CortezHorse
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IronPhoenix on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:54 pm

You get a free cookie if you join :D

IronPhoenix
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortezHorse on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:34 am

Yes, yes delicious cookies if you join...*offers them temptingly with creepy smile on face* :D

We have two more gladiator spots open and two more healer positions! ;)

CortezHorse
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_angle66 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:47 am

We also have a bouncy castle...FOR ALL AGES!

COME BOUNCE & EAT COOKIES WITH US!!
You can do both at the same time because there are no parents here to tell you off :P

sweet_angle66
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oblivionSky on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:07 am

Hmm... This looks interesting. Are there any restrictions to the healers?

oblivionSky
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby guru101 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:29 pm

Not really. Healers usually use a combination of magic and medicinal herbs for healing. Also they probably wont be very skilled at combat mostly because they don't have much need for combat skills. Healers are a valuable commodity to the kingdom because magic is an extremely hard skill to master especially the healing variety. So not really just you can instantly heal minor cuts, severe wounds take some time and herbs. You cant revive the dead, and most healers are not combat proficient. Unless you can think of a good reason for yours to be. Did that answer your question?

guru101
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oblivionSky on Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:04 pm

It did, thank you :)

If it's alright with you, I will send in a character application once I get the chance.

oblivionSky
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby guru101 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:04 pm

That's fine with me =) Just be sure to pm me a tryout post of at least two paragraphs of whatever you want. If it is up to par then I will accept your character. Feel free to ask anymore questions.

guru101
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oblivionSky on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:50 pm

Alright, will do!

I've got the character written up, I'll send it in now so that I don't lose it and work on the two paragraphs.

Edit - I'm a little new to the site, so I apologize in advance if I accidentally wreck something.

Edit 2 - I seem to need a few more posts before I can send messages, one moment...

oblivionSky
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby guru101 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:11 pm

If your not self conscious you could post it in the ooc but I have no problem waiting =)

guru101
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oblivionSky on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:16 pm

I'll have 9 posts with this one - I'm gonna go find another thread to post in, and then I'll send you the message. Sorry about the wait! XD

oblivionSky
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Nice Guy on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:25 pm

Is there still room for a gladiator?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A joke is a very serious thing." - Winston Churchill

Inks, a Cyberpunk roleplay surrounding addiction to a drug that could take you to a place of dreams and fantasies...but what happens when that world begins to leak into the real one, its powerful denizens each with their own agenda? Interested? PM me, please.

Mr. Nice Guy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby guru101 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:43 pm

@ Mr. Nice Guy: yeah there is, we've got two spots left for gladiators =)

@OblivionSky: That's fine were not going anywhere.

guru101
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Nice Guy on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:32 am

My apologies, but I won't be joining this one. Best of luck.

Mr. Nice Guy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby guru101 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:40 am

No problem, and thanks.

guru101
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortezHorse on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:43 pm

*whispers*...buuump...just two more gladiator spots left! come join us! O.O

CortezHorse
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Penfold on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:17 am

im intrested. i noticed a were wolf so im going to maek a character application i hope you like it
"From void evolved Phyrexia. Great Yawgmoth, Father of Machines, saw its perfection. Thus the Grand Evolution began."
—Phyrexian Scriptures

Penfold
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!