Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Requiem for the loss of Innocence

a topic in The Writer's Lounge, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

A place for original short stories, fanfiction, essays, and the like.

Requiem for the loss of Innocence

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Kyrian on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:46 am

What you eat is not what you think it is. What you buy doesn’t come from where you think it comes. Your government doesn’t serve those who you think it serves. Your illusory liberty is bought by slaves. And finally your truth and values are fabricated like the programs you watch on the TV. If all you’ve ever known is a lie, would you like to know the tainted truth?

Then I went beyond that thought to discover; why does it has to be this way? Why are ambition and individualism the King and Queen of our world? And I understood. It’s your fault. It’s not evil that keeps us this way. It’s your conformity and your mediocrity. I am fucked because you have sold your dignity and humanity for a TV, an Ipod, a computer, a series of commodities, and for a mask you have to put on every time you are not alone with yourself, although most of you are unable to reach that level of reflexion. But what is worse of all is that you are too damn pathetic to do anything about it. You don’t want to go the right way because it’s too hard. People laugh, drink, cry and live in this universal lie. When the truth knocks at their door they turn up the volume of the music. The few who listen shrug their shoulders and return to their work the next morning forgetting all that was said.

To be honest, I find it extremely difficult to live in this lie; to wake up each morning. I am not so talented like you in being a hypocrite or ignoring the truth. But it isn’t because I don’t have what it takes to get ahead in this world, to be “successful”. It’s because I am a good person, and because I believe in goodness. I have only two choices, either to “lose my mind” or to be a selfish bastard and exploit my potential. Should I just forget about “goodness” and step on the heads of others, treading upon them like muddy soil and dismember anyone in my way?

The child in me is sick with a terminal disease. I cannot look at humanity with the same eyes. Tch! They are disgusting, repulsive, revolting. We don’t need a miracle. We need a catastrophe. And I hope that the poles melt, the cities sink, the water boils, the people burn, so that we can start all over from zero yet with a lesson to remember. Oh God believer, I am not talking about judgement day because if there is a celestial court, that righteous monarch should be the first to be judged; flawed architect. He is like a fat ass kid eating potato chips and watching TV, our world; too lazy and too fucking tired to get up. What a disgusting God. Writers should be Gods. They definitely have more imagination and can make better worlds.

Now that I have no hope for humanity, I guess I will treasure my own and build my citadel against this filthy society. I have my own values and I will not betray them, because I won’t betray myself. I’ll be different and when you laugh at me, I will laugh at you because you are all the same.
It is often said that writing is a lonely life, and for the most part such is true. Other jobs are just that, jobs, they start and they end at the same time each day, spinning onward in a cycle that is so monotonously cyclical. But writing, writing is a lifestyle, it is not merely a job but a passion, an occupation. Writing is not from 9 to 5, but from dawn to dawn, it spans that day and often spills over into the silent night, and it is a task that demands isolation, silence, and reflection.

- Kyrian

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

.Kyrian
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Requiem for the loss of Innocence

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Perplexis-Umbra on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:59 am

*Disregard*
Last edited by Perplexis-Umbra on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Perplexis-Umbra
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Kyrian on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:09 am

Let me answer your points for you.

1)I would suggest that, one you dwell on some of your positions
A) Everyone has their own opinion to topics and this is one side of it.

2)two you make your voice heard somewhere else because this doesn't seem the place
A) This place is for the writing of the creative mind hence why it is posted in here, I for one actually find offense for you to say that my voice doesn't need to be heard here. Everyone's voices are equal in say.

3)rework the tone in which you write
A) The idea of this piece is in fact for a assignment I have been given, the goal of posting this thread was to see if the readers could tell if this was a short form essay. The tone I use isn't because I am mud-slinging at anyone it is because it its the stance I took on the prompt.

Overall im appalled at the fact you say my voice isn't meant to be heard here, maybe you should look at your own tone before trying to rework another. I thank you for reading this and also the comment, so please have a nice day.

.Kyrian
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Perplexis-Umbra on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:48 am

.Kyrian wrote:Let me answer your points for you.

1)I would suggest that, one you dwell on some of your positions
A) Everyone has their own opinion to topics and this is one side of it.

2)two you make your voice heard somewhere else because this doesn't seem the place
A) This place is for the writing of the creative mind hence why it is posted in here, I for one actually find offense for you to say that my voice doesn't need to be heard here. Everyone's voices are equal in say.

3)rework the tone in which you write
A) The idea of this piece is in fact for a assignment I have been given, the goal of posting this thread was to see if the readers could tell if this was a short form essay. The tone I use isn't because I am mud-slinging at anyone it is because it its the stance I took on the prompt.

Overall im appalled at the fact you say my voice isn't meant to be heard here, maybe you should look at your own tone before trying to rework another. I thank you for reading this and also the comment, so please have a nice day.

Ah, I'm sorry, I've been on multiple forums before, and I'd say it reminded me of times when an individual would go on a rant about this or that, really only projecting their own personal frustration on the community. I was simply trying to say, that some of the opinions put forth in your writing I would call ill-founded and that you might want to look into them more if you hold them, and that this didn't seem the most appropriate place for it in the context I had seen it. But truly, quite a great number of people, reading the above in the context implied, would take it as a personal attack. Once again my apologies, I should have paid more mind to the piece's nature. I have been somewhat absent minded the last few days.

Lovely tidbit in your signature by the way, really does speak to the nature of writing.

Perplexis-Umbra
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:02 am

An uncomfortable piece, rather jarring in its sincerity, and its bluntness. The statements and imagery presented within offer a rather stark perspective.

My challenge to you, from the stance of a writer, is to re-write the piece and hold a mirror up to it. If this is one extreme end of the spectrum, what would the other side be? Put yourself in the shoes of someone who believes the opposite of everything contained within this post, and articulate how that would feel, seem, think, or breathe.

Also, as a general rule of thumb, let's try to remember to keep our constructive criticism objective. Commenting on the body of a piece is alright, but when you make assumptions and generalizations about the author of the work itself, that can be taken personally - which I'm sure no one intended here.

I could write a first person diatribe about a man relishing the positive aspects of being a serial killer who lovingly devotes his attention to mothers of toddlers. This does not mean that my personal opinions on murder and torture are conveyed within the piece, and I would hope that all constructive feedback should be directed towards the quality and compelling nature of the text, rather than me, the tiny Asian girl behind it.

In any case, to bring it back around to the OP's work, thanks very much for sharing.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!