Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Return of Aura

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

Return of Aura

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Identine on Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:46 pm

In Tokyo, Japan, The World has long since been out of commission, kept out of the reach of innocent players. But another game has been created by the same company, under another alias. The Realm, much like The World, has become one of the most popular selling games in history. But what the players don’t know, is that it has the same effect. Mysterious things are beginning to happen all over again, and this time the effects are much more life threatening. Not just comas, paralysis, paranoia to the point of suicide, homicide, electrocution… the list goes on and on.

The only positive is that Aura, the little girl, is still in play. No matter the game.

And, for the first time, I do have some rules:

1) No God-modes! God people, it’s like hanging a sign on them that says:

“Welcome, worthless opponents! I will smash your ass by flicking my finger!”

2) Conflict Between Characters: Allowed.

3) Only ONE person can have Data Drain. That would be me. And I don’t want two people with the same weapons or powers in here, except if they pm me for permission and I say yes.
4) Please, please, PLEASE no characters over 22. I’m always keeping my eye out for potential pairings! >o<` Also, it’d be nice if all, or most, went to the same school.

5) Your characters, sadly, must be Japanese. Or live in Japan. I don’t like to bring my Japanese Wrath upon you all, but… Pretty please?

And here are the fighting styles you can choose from:

Wavemaster (Magical person)

Heavy Sword (Do I NEED to tell you?)

Blade Master (Normal Sword Weapon)

Twin Blade (Like Talim from Soul Caliber, except pointier. xD)

There’s also spears, and other types of battle styles, so if you come up with one, or know of one that I didn’t put, pm me!

Copy and Paste this:

Username: (Your character’s, not your’s. The Realm is an online game)

School:

Clan/Group:

Level:

Personality:

Battle Style:

The Realm Character Picture:

Real Character Picture:

Info:

Other:

Here's MINE:

Username: Shadow Cardessa

School: Hekaita High

Clan/Group: Remnant of Shadows

Level: 90 (I’m setting 90 as a limit for now, but you can all level up every once in a while)

Personality: Seems absent minded, and maybe a bit self centered, but she really just doesn’t know how to deal with people! Keeps her distance from other players most of the time, and because of that, she fought on her own and became incredibly strong.

Battle Style: Twin Blade, and, eventually, receives Data Drain.

The Realm Character Picture: Image

Real Character Picture: Image

Info: She lives on her own, not because she doesn’t have any parents, but because she moved out, fed up with them constantly comparing her to her sister, pushing and pressuring her to be perfect. That sister sends her money about once a week, twenty dollars or so each time, so it’s kinda easy to tell that they’re close, and rich. She began playing The Realm, because she wanted to work on her real life social abilities, which are catastrophic, online. So far, it’s not going to well. Despite having started the most exclusive and powerful clans online, exclusive since she’s the only member, most people keep their distance, since they find her unapproachable. Except for newbies, of course, who don’t know who she is until later.

Other: Even with her level, she still tends to get her ass kicked every once in a while, so she continues to train and try to get better. Determined to be great at The Realm, she’s become really focused on her reflexes. Is on the school basketball team and really passionate about it, which is what her and her parent’s final fight was about. Perfect grades, except for math, which she basically wants to murder the teacher in.
Everybody put up your hands
Say I don’t wanna be in love
I don’t wanna be in love
Feel the beat now
If you’ve got nothing left
Say I don’t wanna be in love
I don’t wanna be in love

~~I Don't Wanna Be In Love, Good Charlotte

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Identine
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Return of Aura

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keen on Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:36 pm

Username: Lina Keen

Clan/Group: None

Level: 90

Personality: Kiku considers herself mature for her age, others who know her would say she is rather witty and intelligent. She has very few friends (All of them being from The Realm or forums) as she chooses them carefully, but once passed this harder outer shell, she is a very sweet and kind girl.

Battle Style: Heavy Sword

The Realm Character Picture: Image

Info: Kiku is fairly short and small compared to others her age. She also wears glasses, but more recently switched to contacts. She has her hair dyed a very deep and dark red, making sure to reapply the dye at the first signs of fading. Her eyes are a light and icy blue. Most people consider her average, she receives nearly straight B's in everything school related, but other than that, she keeps away from school as much as possible and is not involved in any clubs, or sports. Most days after the final bell rings, she heads straight off campus, and begins her walk home, only coming out again the next morning on the same walk back to school. On weekends it is not odd for her to not leave her house at all.

Other: Kiku is a very skilled player in The Realm, while there is always room for improvement, she is among the top Heavy Swords on the server. She recently left her clan, for reasons unknown to most, she's currently looking for a group that can offer her more than just a party for a dungeon. Her character is never idle for more than 5 minutes when logged in, when she has nothing to do, she trains.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Keen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haruka Yuki on Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:05 pm

Username: Hana

School: Hyotei

Clan/Group: Solo player

Level: 70

Personality: She tends to spend most of her time in the field, looking at the scenery, rather than leveling. She avoids others when she can, but doesn't go out of her way to. She is very active on the forums, especially the art boards, but she is far less talkative in-game, and enjoys playing by herself. She is also strongly against PKing.

Battle Style: Blade Master

The Realm Character Picture: (Large image, so just a link) http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5006 ... teryo1.jpg

Info: Easy going, and can be found asleep in odd places, both in and out of game. In real life she's a mostly normal student, she's very short for her ages, due to circumstances in her childhood, but it doesn't seem to bother her. While she's not playing "The Realm" she spends alot of her time sketching, or cooking, but other than that, she has no real hobbies. In game she spends alot of time hopping from area to area, looking for new places to use for her sketches, as well as just enjoying the scenery. When not in an area, she spends time in one of the main towns, down by the docks. She seems rather anti-social in game since she tends to run away from people when they try to talk to her.

Other: She loves all things technical, and keeps her computer system completely up-to-date.
Last edited by Haruka Yuki on Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haruka Yuki
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Identine on Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:23 pm

We need some dudes in this RPG. -_-

Identine
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haruka Yuki on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:27 pm

I think we need anything in this RP.. /sigh I love the idea too.

Haruka Yuki
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pessyopti on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:55 pm

Username: Lash

Clan/Group: none at the moment

Level:75

Personality: Akito (Lash) may seem dim-witted and out of it most of the time but really he is taking everything in. He is the top student in his class and loves to smile and laugh. Akito loves making friends and is allways giving people the benefit of the doubt. He is also diagnosed with severe depression and is prone to cutting

Battle Style: twin blades Image

The Realm Character Picture:Image

Real Character Picture:Image

Info: Akito's mother died after giving birth to him and his father blames him for it. Often a target for his fathers drunkeness. He is a great student disregarding math only becuase its his first period and he sleeps in that class
Other:

pessyopti
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Identine on Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:22 pm

*Stares* Oh.. My... Oban... We have a dude in here!

Identine
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keen on Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:43 pm

Fantastic, shall we get this actually started then?

Keen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vigilante on Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:58 pm

Username: Angel Scythe

School: Hekaita High.

Clan/Group: Newbie Populace!

Level: 5

Personality: Athletic, wild, extrovert and sporty! Vincent is everything that should not be gaming. In his experience however, he had discovered that some cute girls in his school were into it and began his 'quest' to impress! Although he is quite lonely, and misunderstood in classes; he remains an above average intelligent guy, however it does not show in public. His mother makes him regularly take IQ tests, as she is in complete bafflment as to why his scores are off the charts, and lacking so much in class. Vincent does not sleep very well and ends up dozing off onto his desk and being hit across the head with a text book or two.

Battle Style: Heavy blade (Shaped like a scythe.)
[NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT THE CHARACTER, BUT THE BLADE.]

The Realm Character Picture:

Real Character Picture:

Info: When Vincent got started in the Realm, he came across, wildly by luck, a large scythe like blade, and strangely enough he was able to wield it. He is pretty clueless about gaming, but it did the trick! He finds it hard to wield the blade, but when it hits it sure does hurt; and can easily take on people double his level (with a bit of luck of course)

Other: He lives with his mother in a small flat in Tokyo, about a 20 minute jog from his school. He was named Vincent because his mother is obsessed with english/non asian names and the letter 'V'! Although it makes him stick out like a sore thumb, Vincent lives with it. He is popular with a small populace of high school girls that have an interest in swimming, in which he has broken records for in various diving and racing events.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I like to think of sanity as a good well made but not particularly attractive coat, something you can slip on and off when you need it. - Grim

Vigilante
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Identine on Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:02 pm

Let's get this ROLLING! And I'd like to mention that I'm changing my style to Adept Rogue, which is basically the same thing, but you are allowed Job Extensions.

----

Shadow Cardessa: *logs into the root town of the Omega Server, looking as anti-social as always*

Identine
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keen on Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:27 pm

Lina was browsing the shops in the root town on her usual Omega server. She would occasionally shout her advertisement, looking for a new clan, a unique clan. "Experienced heavy blade looking for a clan. Numbers and levels are no matter. Please do not respond if you don't even have the intelligence to type correctly. Thank you very much."

Keen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Identine on Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:34 pm

Shadow Cardessa: *Walks past Lina, not bothering to say a word*

Identine
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keen on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:08 pm

Lina eyed the passerby, she was in a clan she had never seen before, which was especially odd considering her level. She sent Shadow a private message. "Excuse me, could I speak to you for a moment about your clan?" She wasn't quite sure why, but she felt compelled to pursue this person, a very rare occurrence for her.
Last edited by Keen on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vigilante on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:24 am

Angel Sycthe has now logged in.

"Pfft. I never liked homework anyway." he sighed as he laid back on his bed and flipped open his laptop.

Vincent clicked away, taking his time finding his character as the login screen was quite the tough one. He finally found it and gave a slight grin out of the side of his mouth in victory, and clicked on a random 'cool sounding' server: Omega. His character spawned on the outskirts of root town, still in battle with a weedling! Vincent sat up in immediate attention, raising his hand "Right! Let's go!" he said as Angel Scythe began to swipe relentlessly at the creature. "YEAH!". His conciousness in reality now faded. He was Angel Scythe. Angel Scythe the weedling slayer!

He raised his blade in victory, although unknown to him a whole pack of weedlings were now gathering in a bush nearby. He grabbed the loot and made his way cheerfully to root town to sell the items he had collected since his previous encounters and new efforts.

SPOING! Ten weedlings pounced out of their hiding places straight in front of him on the path, and edged their way in a circle around him. "WHOAH!" Angel scythe was startled, as their tentacles splayed out in anger at their lost comrade. "I didn't bring any potions!" he stared as his final route of escape was enclosed by another weedling.

Vigilante
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Identine on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:44 pm

Shadow Cardessa paused a moment and turned to Lina, looking slightly surprised thanks to her Neuro Goggles. She responded smoothly, "What is it you'd like to know?"

Identine
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keen on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:21 pm

"Well, just some general information. I ask because I haven't seen the clan around before." She spoke softly but firmly, "I've been looking for a new clan."

Keen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Identine on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:26 pm

Shadow Cardessa was about to reply, when another player, a hacker who overheard their conversation, beat her to it.

"Thn ud B btter off w/ another guild. She'z a PK!"

The red cloaked Cardessa turned and looked at the hacker sharply before speaking. "PKK, to you, Bordeax."

Identine
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keen on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:32 pm

Lina glanced over at this newcomer. "This really has nothing to do with you, now please, leave us be." She returned her attention to Shadow, awaiting her reply.

Keen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Identine on Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:06 pm

"I'm Shadow Cardessa, Guild Master and only current member of my guild, Remnants of Shadows. I'm not looking for any Guild Members, though."

Identine
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keen on Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:10 pm

Lina frowned, "Are you sure?" A guild with only two people in it, how wonderful, and Shadow seemed like a quiet and nice girl.

Keen
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!