Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Roleplayers wanted for Victorian Style RP

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Roleplayers wanted for Victorian Style RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:36 am

Hello

I am looking for Roleplayers to take part in a Victorian style roleplay.

The plot is this.

Forever Holme is a Victorian mansion situated in Yorkshire England on the edge of the Forever Time Portal. Only few select people are aware of the portal. The Master of the House - Lord Elijah Levi DeCourt Rosemont, his twin brother Perceval - (these two are rivals) and the society of Rosae Crucis, who's headquarters are at Forever Holme. The lands around Forever Holme are enchanted, and in this place elven peoples reside, they are hidden by a dimension field generated by the time portal.

You can be a member of the Society of Rosae Crucis or SRC, the elven peoples who live in the Forever Holme Forest, looking for people also to play members of the Forever Holme household and servants. Also, you could belong to any other race or time - as many wish to enter through the Forever Time portal.

The main plot is Perceval Rosemont believes himself to be the true Earl of Rosemont. He was the firstborn and was there to carry on a particular curse. Each generation only one son is born to house of Rosemont, no females and no other siblings. He sees Elijah as a usurper and an abomination and wants him dead. Each master of Rosemont is host to the Demon Cassimolar, and as each child grows up the demon passes to him at a certain age and then the master and previous host dies. In the year 1855 Perceval Rosemont SNR raped a gypsy girl and two boys were born, one light coloured and fair haired - Perceval, and the other dark skinned and dark haired - Elijah. Otherwise the two are absolutely identical.

It was Perceval who created the time portal along with some of the society of Rosae Crucis who are neutral and do not believe in good and evil but may take on aspects of both. HE created the portal to be able to change history and the future, but Elijah guards the portal so that Perceval cannot go anywhere.. and nothing evil gets through the portal.

Would you like to be a part of this roleplay? Let me know.
Got a whole lotta love...

Long Live Led Zeppelin... YAHOOOO!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxm-4AwtB5w

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lorna1
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Roleplayers wanted for Victorian Style RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:59 am

This sounds very interesting, I would definitely join you in this.
noot noot

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:45 am

forever-holme-t28495.html

Here's the link.

I hope you join and I hope you enjoy the rp.

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOwl on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:46 pm

I'm definitely biting off more than I can chew, with all the budding roleplays I've joined, but I have to join this one. The plot is so great, and I think I have the perfect character for it!

EDIT: Alright, here's my character sheet.

::Name:: Phelan Witchelny

::Race:: Canimuin (A wolf-like humanoid with demon ancestry, demon blood, and a natural talent for magic)

::Age:: N/A... Adult

::Height:: 6'3"

::Weight:: 152 lbs

::Description::
Phelan has pale skin and a strangely expressionless face, as if it's a mask or his facial muscles are hard to manipulate. His dark hair is thin, straight, and shoulder length, usually tied into a loose braid halfway down his back. His eyes are the deep, dark blue of a midnight sky, adding to his penetrating and wintry stare.

Tall and broad-shouldered, yet slim, he is clad from head to toe in dark formal attire from the Old English era. He wears dark suit pants and a high collared white shirt beneath a dark blue vest, and over that, a dark formal jacket with coat tails. Over all this he wears a high-collared cape that covers the shoulders and then drapes down the back to the knees. A top hat, white gloves, black boots, and a black cane topped with a silver, snarling, ruby-eyed wolf's head complete the attire. (I couldn't resist the cane)

No matter how Human he may look, most would feel that he is clearly something more, and most would be right.

His true form, which he doesn't flaunt to others, is an odd mixture of mostly wolf and human, with unknown elements thrown in. He's covered in soft, thick white fur from head to toe, and is usually without clothes since the fur covers anything and everything unseemly, because it's so thick. He has two wide, triangular ears on top of his head, which is more canine than Human, with a pointed muzzle to short to be an actual canine's, ending in a dog's black nose. His mouth is rimmed in black and his eyes are slanted and unusually large with luminous golden irises and large oval pupils, also rimmed in black.

There is a strip of brown skin starting at his nose and extending to between his eyes that is loose and soft, with short, dark brown fur. It wrinkles easily and will often make him look ferocious if his face is anything but blank. It hardens just above his eyes and forms a helmet-like structure on his forehead, between his ears, where two dark brown gazelle-like horns sprout. It also forms short ridges tracing his spinal structure that stop just at the base of his spine. There are also two long, whip-like brown tentacles protruding from the back of his shoulders that can (along with his horns) become soft and flexible, the state in which he can mold them into various shapes and lengths, and then harden to keep said shape. They can also act as prehensile limbs.

His upper torso is more or less Human besides the fur, which forms an especially large ruff around the chest and neck, with somewhat longer arms in proportion to the body that end in long, bear-like claws. His lower body (most importantly, his legs) is animal like, with knees bent more forward than a Human's and very large (or rather, long) feet supported solely on the clawed toes. A bushy white wolf tail completes the animalistic appearance. He's actually thinner in torso than a Human, making him appear lankier with longer legs.

Another noteworthy feature is that his facial features can change to become positively demonic. His eyes turn black, the soft brown skin on his nose crinkles, his ears flatten, and he opens his mouth so that all his teeth are visible.

::Personality:: He has a hard time showing emotion in his Human form, but is very polite and friendly, yet reserved. He acts drastically different in his true form... but then again, that's when he feels most like himself. His personality itself isn't intimidating, just his presence. He is extremely curious and sociable, despite his rather reserved manner (again, because of the "fake" feeling of his Human form) and will gladly stick around and enjoy the company of others. He is often too shy to reveal his true form to other people, but he is honest and, if asked, will reveal details about himself or outright confess that he isn't Human.

::Basic Summary::
He's a genuine magician (knowing demon magic) from an unknown world on his own mysterious quest that requires him to traverse multiple time and dimensional portals, although he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to be anywhere and will often stop for years at a time in a specific place if he enjoys it. He expresses a great curiousity and interest in other races, their cultures, and their activities.

Last edited by TheOwl on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheOwl
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:20 am

Sounds great.. post your intro - love it!!!

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOwl on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:42 pm

I'm making a few changes to my profile, mostly concerning his appearance. I just thought of a better canine form for him than the previous one. xD An upgrade, I guess.

TheOwl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby crazylilactress on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:53 pm

I'd like to join, if that's all right? If it is, I'd like to know a little bit more about those 'elven people' you mentioned. Shoot me a PM if I'm clear to join, please? Much obliged!
here's a llama, there's a llama, and another little llama. Fuzzy llama, funny llama, llama, llama, duck

crazylilactress
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOwl on Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:04 pm

Name: Eris, Goddess of Discord

Race: Goddess

Personality: She's playful and enjoys devious activities that are usually fun for her but not so fun for the other participants. She enjoys playing games with mortals, being a trickster, and generally causing chaos. While she has no qualms about taking lives for the pure fun of it or destroying civilizations through wars because she's bored, she has never once broken a promise or swear, which can make her your greatest ally or your worst enemy.

Powers: She has unlimited power in the portal void, where she has been confined. In her physical forms, she can defy the physical laws and cast time limited illusions. She has no more physical protection than a mortal does in physical form... if she is stabbed, she'll die. If she's hit, she'll bruise. No matter what form she takes, she is quite capable of summoning her golden apple.

Weaknesses: Being ignored. If you ignore her, don't talk to her, don't look at her, don't acknowledge her presence in anyway, she can't do anything to harm you. While she'll rage and rant, as long as you don't give in and pay attention, she can't so much as lay a finger on you. This is only in her natural form. Ignoring her outside the portal void won't do anything but get you in trouble.

Bio: Eris revels in the chance to cause Chaos everywhere she goes, normally by using her golden apple or other objects (normally illusions) that people will do anything to get. She made the mistake of interfering in her brother Ares' mortal affairs, killing off his subjects in a war against themselves, and was banished to the void between physical worlds as punishment. It is unknown when she'll bet set free, but until then, those traversing the portals are in for much trouble during their journeys.

TheOwl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxSocialRejectxX on Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:43 pm

i'd like to join if that's alright.

XxSocialRejectxX
Member for 15 years
Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KissnerCreator on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:27 pm

I'd like to join but is there any specific profile format you'd like us to follow? Let me know, thanks.

KissnerCreator
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:33 am

Hi..socialreject and kissner sure join up, just post a general character sheet - you don't have to but it would be nice to know about your characters. Jump in when you feel ready.

Also Owl - thanks for posting Eris' Bio - looks good.

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOwl on Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:11 pm

Here is her physical form:

http://i33.tinypic.com/bjdh0m.jpg

TheOwl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eva Ellion on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:19 pm

Oh id love to join! this seems very interesting!

Name:Xanthe

Race:Goddess of Caring & Magic

Age:Most say she is in her late twenties but true age is unknow

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 100 lbs

Description: Xanthe has long red hair that usually comes in soft curls but on some days it may be wavy. Her skin is pale, making her look like shes glowing because of her hair. Her lips are a bright red and her eyes are usually gold when she is in a good mood but when angry they seem to be a soft crimson.

Xanthe has a large tattoo on her back but if anyone questions her about it she keeps to herself and just ignores the questions. She also has a scar on her arm but just like her tattoo she says nothing

Personality:Xanthe is very sweet and caring when she wants to be or when she is around someone she cares for. She can be very playful and seductive when she wants to mostly to prove to herself that she can still have whoever she wishes. Most of the time she is very sarcastic and speaks her mind no matter what.

http://tinypic.com/r/mihz14/5
Last edited by Eva Ellion on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eva Ellion
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KissnerCreator on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:48 pm

Thanks. :) Let me know if there is anything I should change or tweak. My character has slipped through the time portal.

Name: Brier St.Dominic-Kissner

Species: Human

Powers: She has the ability to use illusions and trap people in their minds, exposed to their own fears and nightmares. Though she has the powers, she rarely uses them, or makes it known she even posses them. From lack of use the nightmares tend to turn inside her mind and cause her to go crazy and paranoid.

Appearance: About 5' 8" and really thin. Not pretty thin, but sickly, able to see bones thin. She has shoulder length dry, brittle brown hair and blank, sometimes drug hazed, green eyes. Her skin also has a sickly glow to it, of what you can see anyway. She has rose vines tattooed around her neck like a noose, white roses on her upper arms and vines and withered roses around her hips. Her hands and lower arms are consumed with grotesque burn scars. She had been beautiful when she was younger but has become obviously worn out and looks like someone pulled her out of the slums most the time rather than the wife of an aristocratic man. Brier usually walks around wearing tattered skirts, jeans and tank-tops unless in the public eye with her husband and children. Then she wears gowns with high necklines, long sleeves and gloves to cover all her tattoos and burns. This has become less and less frequent as she spends less time in the courts and more time with her rural branch family.

Personality: Being a chain smoker and a heavy drinker she is very cranky and snappy when she hasn't gotten her fix. Her sense of humor is often mean and sarcastic and she has no problem telling you what she really thinks. At times Brier can go on about how much she hates her husband, telling you her whole life story and laughing bitterly about it and sometimes she won't speak to anyone about anything. She doesn't show much affection towards anyone anymore except her children and even that is dwindling as they get older and no longer needed. If she does happen to taken a liking to someone (for whatever reason, usually involving drinking) she can be a very good friend if you need it, but this is a common matter.

KissnerCreator
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:33 pm

Wow..yes all characters accepted. Just have a look at the IC and jump in when you're ready.

I had best post my characters bio's just so we can all get a picture of who and what they are.

Name:- Elijah Levi DeCourt Rosemont
Hair colour - Chestnut brown
Eye colour - deep green
Height - (very tall almost 7ft)
Race:- Human/Daemonic host

Appearance:- http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image ... memach.jpg

Bio:- Elijah is the lord of the Forever Holme estate and guardian of the Forever Time portal. He has a twin brother, Perceval who is almost identical, they grew up together at Forever Holme.

The brothers are an enigma. Many years ago a curse was placed upon the Rosemont family by the family of their gypsy mother, whom the Earl had raped and who'd died giving birth to them. The curse meant that only one child per generation would be born and he would only be male, the mothers would die in childbirth. The difference here was now there were twins. One, Perceval was like his father, Aryan type, blonde blue eyed, and the other, Elijah was like his gypsy mother, dark skinned and dark haired. The Father died and the favourite son took over, treating Elijah like a servant, he almost killed him. He was taken away by the Gypsies, returning years later to challenge his brother for the Earldom. Elijah is host to a Daemon but because of his medicine and his occult training and knowledge he keeps the Daemon hidden. Most suspect that he is host to Lucifer but he will never admit such a thing. He has discovered the scientific secret to immortality, the magickal Elixir of life is actually a scientific truth but he keeps the formula to himself for the time being.

Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtp8H_GiZQI

Name:- Perceval Albert Seutonius Rosemont
Hair colour:- Blonde
Eye colour - deep blue
Height - almost 7ft
Race:- Human/Daemonic host

Appearance - exactly identical to Elijah but with different colouring
Bio - linked with Elijah as above. He is the host to the Goetia Daemon Cassimolar,http://ichrammstein.3x.ro/demoni/demons_ii.htm#_Toc523972436 the transmutation was not complete at his time of changing and so he finds it really difficult to be both human and Daemonic at the same time - he can't handle it and it sent him insane. He craves immortality and the knowledge of the Forever Time Portal so that he might be able to control not just his own destiny, but stop the curse from happening in the first place, and if he does so, to be able to have immortality and everything that Elijah has. Both brothers can change into Daemonic reptilian form though Cassimolar's true form is dog-like, the genetic structure of the human body makes that far more difficult to accomplish unless he is able to transmute the consciousness as well.

Theme:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0h6H_vcSKc
Last edited by Lorna1 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:06 am, edited 6 times in total.

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxSocialRejectxX on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:11 pm

Name: Deverish Von
Eye Color: black
Hair color: Reddish Brown
Height: 6'2
Weight: 200
Personailty: He's quite and apathetic and indifferent
Brief Bio: He is a half Vampire, Half Demon, He is the product of his mother's suffering,He was born in a similar way to his good friend Elijah, He is known for slaying demons and vampire alike to find the man whom tormented his late mother's dreams.

XxSocialRejectxX
Member for 15 years
Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolfchild on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:20 am

Wow, this sounds awesome, I'd love to join. And I think I have the perfect character to use.

Alias: Robert Smithurst
Race: Human
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 100 lbs
Real Appearance: Roberta is very pretty with long dark brown, almost black, hair and dark brown eyes. She is quite slender and reasonably well defined in body. She wears dresses around her parents but wears a suit whenever posssible.
Disguised Appearance: She scrapes her long hair up tight and hides it under a short black wig, pulling it all so tight that it looks normal and definately like boys hair. She removes all make-up and jewellery and uses a corset cut in half to make her chest appear flat. Roberta wears the traditional footman suit nearly all the time.
Personality: Roberta is quite a sweet and gentle girl but she displays many 'unlady-like' qualities. She is very intelligent and intellectual, more than willing to share her many strong opinions and wanting to make her own way in life rather than let a man do it for her. She isn't submissive and only takes orders from her boss. She is also very intuitive, instantly able to notice things others don't, meaning she notices the supernatural occurences happening in and around the house.
Background Information: Roberta was born into a highly respected middle-class family. Her father came from a long line of butlers, all of whom served highly important families, and she wanted to be a part of that. But women were not allowed to be butlers and her family did everything they could to disuade her, even offering to have her trained to be a house-keeper. But Roberta was determined and, whilst her parents thought she was in france at a maids finishing school, she disguised herself as a boy and went to find work. Eventually she gained the position of footman at Forever Holme. This was perfect because with all the supernatural occurences happening there, of which she is fully aware, no one would be on the lookout for a footman who was really a woman. This way, she could easily work without being noticed, even managing to secure her own room, hoping to work her way up to Butler one day. The other footmen tease her for being such a 'pretty-boy' but no one has figured out her secret yet. However, she has always had the suspicion that Lord Elijah Levi DeCourt Rosemont knows she's a woman, making her more careful when around him.
If we fear the dark but the light can kill us then where can we turn?

angelwolfchild
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!