Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

RolePlayGateway Trading Cards!

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Re: RolePlayGateway Trading Cards!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:54 pm

Well honestly saf, since we are CREATING this game, i beleive that the creators deserve somerops, hence why i'm making our little team High level cards, just because i beleive we deserve it for allowing other players to enjoy our game. And actually i do agree with the mentor thing... although slowly we are becoming like gaia... anyway...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Discipline on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:51 pm

Don't say that Riik about RPG, you'll jinx us.
<<<;

Also, note that I added another Rigel Lake card, which is my actual Forum User card. The 'forms' are supposed to be included in an RPG Chat deck if we ever make one. o - o;

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Discipline
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:47 pm

The nerd deck and Malicious deck must be finished first, then i beleive we'll be starting on a Battle realm deck and then chat...

Anyway i'm back at my home computer and i can now make cards again.... i'm going to get to work shortly...

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eastep on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Sorry for my recent absence, I've got the Malicious deck finished, I've got plenty more to add too it, and I'm still open to suggestions as to what to do for other decks.
If you've gt an idea for a card, PM it to me! I'll work with you and help you get a finished card if it's good enough.
Red Factioooon!

Eastep
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Wow, what the heck happened, of all threads to suddenly stop i'm suprised this one did...

eastep grab a revival card, THIS AIN'T DIEING

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:13 pm

I stopped posting and everyone leaves :O. All is well though, I'm alive XD! I'm just really, really busy at the time... Not to mention discouraged nobody gave a crap about the forum version of this u_u (4-5 posts in the interest check.)

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:01 pm

Your not the only one who stopped Saf it was everyone for some weird reason, and unfortunately people care about the things that don't really have importance *Coughshighschoolcoughvampireroleplayscourghcough* Anyway, let's see what do we need to do to bring it back.... we need Eastep of course... hmm...

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Discipline on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:15 pm

I'm here too... I'm not sure which deck I should be working on. xD

Discipline
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:26 pm

same problem i'm having... where the hell is eastep? OB wants me to make his card along with some other people....

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eastep on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:23 pm

Sorry, I keep getting booted off my computer.
I have a laptop now! Woot! I don't have any internet connection for it, but while everybody else is using the main computer, I can go get on the laptop and come up with new cards.
Over the time being, I've finished the majority of the Anime Deck, I've started the Swashbuckling Deck, I modified a few aspects of the Malicious Deck, and I'm willing to start on the Nerd Deck and the Battle Arena Deck.
I've got a few ideas for the decks, but I'm starting to think that the Battle Arena deck is going to be a *very* aggressive deck.

Rigel, if you would be so kind, I'd like you to try making a few more cards for the Swashbuckling Deck. I think it's going to be a fun deck to work with. Something funny I added to it, is that Ninja cards can't fight with Pirates. ^_^
Here's all the cards I typed up for the Swashbuckling Deck so far, critique me and let me know if they're any good, or make one up in the text form, and see how they play out together.

Swashbuckling Deck:

Drunk Captain
Swashbuckling Card
Level 3
Drunken Attack: Deals -40 Saladins, deals -50 Saladins to Malicious Cards
Attack: Deals -50 Saladins

Swig of Rum;
Restore 20 Health Saladins to any card on the field, and boost it’s Attack Saladins by -50
NOTE: This special cannot be used on Innocent Cards

Bar Brawl;
Deal -20 Saladins to four cards of your choosing.
NOTE: This special does not affect Ninja Cards
Health: 90 Saladins
NOTE: This card cannot attack or be attacked by Ninja Cards

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

French Privateer
Swashbuckling Card
Level 5
Broadside Attack: Deals -30 Saladins to three cards side by side on the field.
Board Attack: Attack a Roleplay Card, Equipment Card, or Sorcery Card and reduce it’s level by one.
NOTE: For Roleplay cards, reduce the number of turns until it’s death.

Raid;
Take a coin and call heads or tail, if Tails, reduce the French Privateer’s Health Saladins by half, if Heads, steal 20 Health Saladins from each enemy card, and deposit them in one of your cards for two turns.

Reinforce;
Once Activated, double the Health Saladins of the French Privateer during the defense section of your turn, change it back to the original after the defense.
Health: 140 Saladins

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pirate
Swashbuckling Card
Level 2
Cutlass Swipe Attack: Deals -30 Saladins

Steal: Take one card from your enemy’s hand, and keep it for one turn. Return it at the end of the next turn.
NOTE: You cannot discard the stolen card.

Health: 70 Saladins

Bottle of Rum
Swashbuckling Item Card
Level 1

Once played on a card, raise it’s Heath Saladins by 50, and double it’s Attack Saladins. These effects will last for one turn before they begin to wear off.
The Bottle of Rum Card wears off by reducing it’s effects once every turn after the turn it’s played on.
Do this for three turns after it’s played, then place the card in the ban list.

Work your magic my insane crack team of Cardiers!
If anybody has any suggestions at all as to any new decks we should add, shoot for it!
Qb PMed me, the card is getting sorted out, and after the last few steps are taken, we'll assign him an attack, put him in a deck, and he'll be an official card!
Now we just need a banner to advertise...

You guys, I'm goign to be making a new thread for the Malicious cards, I'll edit it on occassion, and after a few revisions to the cards, the decks, and everything else, then we can call it a completed deck! I'd like to see it used in a duel, and I'm up for dueling somebody if anyone's up to it!

Eastep
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:24 pm

alright so now we can get back to work.... I'm gonna start asking around for a banner to be made and i think i know the person to do it... then i'll get to work k?

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:03 pm

I'll be sitting my ass here for a little while, posting replies to the threads I'm involved with. Then, after some moar homework I'm all yours, unless it's still early and I can get some soccer in... Meh, the point is I'm alive and willing to start the Battle Arena deck already XD, especially with all the new fighters.

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eastep on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:07 pm

I call upon! *dramatic pause* Coffee Card, Level 2!
*whips the card into play*
And I play it on my Tired Safisan Card!

Well, I'm not making cards right now, I'm listening to music and lazing around as an uninspired hunk of writing junk. Glob seems like a better word than a hunk of writing junk.
I need a Good Book Card... to raise Inspiration Points, and my Health Saladins.

I think I might start fiddling around with how the game's setup will look, maybe post a picture of it.

Eastep
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Discipline on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:11 am

Edit:

Card deleted.
Last edited by Discipline on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Discipline
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eastep on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:58 am

Possibly Pirates is actually going to be it's own deck, since I got permission from Jadeling and Skall.
But that deck is going to be all about the roleplay, whereas the Swashbuckling Deck is going to be all things piratey. Argh...

If any of you guys have ideas for other decks, if just want me to look over something you've got, just shoot me a PM, or post it here in the thread!

Cardiers, I need you guys to finish the Malicious Deck's cards so I can get the thread started up. ^_^

Eastep
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Discipline on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:52 pm

Didn't we already finish the Malicious deck?

As for the first part of your post, kaykay Eastep, I deleted my textcard. ^^

Discipline
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eastep on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:44 pm

Rigel, I meant we need to convert all the text cards into pictures so we can post them onto a thread, and we need to test it out against another deck so that we can find out if it's overpowered, underpowered, or if it's just lacking in one area.
So, if anybody's willing to do a duel, if it's over the PMs or if it's on a thread, I'd be more than happy to duel you, I think I even have a system for playing it, as in the way you roleplay it, somewhat like text chess, "E1 to E4".
Oh, and I might not be only tomorrow or the next day, I'm staying the night at a freinds house, so good luck you guys!

Oh, the Roleplay Gateway Trading Cards Duel Manual has been started!
If you want to revise it, comment on it, or anything else, either PM me, or tell me about it here! Or you could post it there...
roleplaygateway-trading-cards-duel-manual-t28208.html

Eastep
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:39 pm

Ok guys i've been talking with Kuname Kuran on making a banner/sig for all of us... first off before i submit there forms i need all of you to choose a pic, then we have to decide on a slogan, background, and any other things necessary for it. This is for all of us now, so don't make it too weird.

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:40 pm

I like the site's logo as it is, maybe with 'RPGateway TCG' written across the shield in bold letters. Slogan? Mmm... Dunno >.<.

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eastep on Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:51 pm

Um... Slogan...
Maybe we could use something along the lines of "The only Card game starring you!"
Or something else just as corny.

Eastep
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!