Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Route Obscure and Lonely (Accepting-OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A Route Obscure and Lonely (Accepting-OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlazingBunny on Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:33 pm

(@)>--,-‘--,‘---A Route Obscure and Lonely-,-‘-,--‘--<(@)

(Title from “Dreamland” by E.A. Poe)

Have you ever wished that you could dream forever?

The first dream that I can remember was a nightmare. When I woke up I had to search the house and lawn for killer guinea pigs. My dreams are ridiculous, grisly, empowering, and shameful. They are full of people I know and more that I have made up. If I can remember my dreams then I will be affected by them for days and some will haunt me for years. When I’m sad I can soar with wings and use pyrokinesis on my enemies. Tell me what you dream about.

(@)>--,-‘--,‘---‘--‘--,---,---‘--‘-,----‘---,----,‘---,-----‘----,----‘---,---‘----,--‘--,--‘--‘-,-‘-,--‘--<(@)

Rules/Guidelines

• Godmodding
    Hmm. Ask permission in OOC about affecting other characters. If someone has created a NPC/Object they are in charge of it.
  • Maturity
    Keep to forum rules. It’s really not even a good idea to pm or im explicit material.
  • Images/OOC/Siggs
    I love images, don’t mind OOC, siggs are fine too. Not trying to win a contest. For-fun only. I’ll edit it myself if it becomes really good.
  • I am Queen
    for now, until things hopefully get a little out of my hands, I am omnipotent, omniscient, and will control the rp like my subconscious controls my mind at night.
    Long and thoughtful please, can’t keep up with RPs that go on with 2-3 sentences each.
  • Starting post
    Describe your person (humanoid of some sort at least) in real life falling asleep and entering a dream. It doesn’t have to be like the dream I described, we’ll have plenty of time to meet up. We won’t be waking up any time soon.
(@)>--,-‘--,‘---‘--‘--,---,---‘--‘-,----‘---,----,‘---,-----‘----,----‘---,---‘----,--‘--,--‘--‘-,-‘-,--‘--<(@)
Have fun, and feel free to experiment! Be as serious or funny as you want to be. Talking trees with rainbow colored foliage are perfectly o.k.

Ask me questions, even if you’re not planning on joining! *loves rambling about dreams*

I'll be putting up application in 1 sec...
Last edited by BlazingBunny on Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:37 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BlazingBunny
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Application, quote this

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlazingBunny on Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:43 pm

(@)>--,-‘--,‘---Application-,-‘-,--‘--<(@)

Name: Louise/Abigail/You’ll find out later
Goals: ((Make friends, explore, dominate, experiment, follow?)) Experiment, dominate.
Dream of your dreams: ((Do you want to fight zombies, fly through space, or turn into various animals?))
I’ll just be trying to fit all your ideas with dreams I’ve already had. I don’t remember the plot of my dreams, just images. This RP will be a challenge for me. Please write down something that you'd LIKE your character to experience.

How you want to rp: ((Do you want your character to be relatively static and develop in our creations, or will you stretch the bounds of reality, physics, gender, and species with me?))
I’ll be doing a mix of both. You could rp completely differently depending how you are used to experiencing dreams. I would like to get a feel for how much I need to make up for you, or how much you'd like to create.

Death: ((Are you uncomfortable with your character dying? If you kill your charrie off can I assume you’re busy at work/school?))
I’ll probably die multiple times and just come back in various ways. It’s only a dream after all.
Last edited by BlazingBunny on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BlazingBunny
Member for 16 years

Holy cow I've died so many times in my dreams...

I'm confused on the roles of our characters and of the plot of this rp, can you elaborate for me?

SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Short Description

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlazingBunny on Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:03 pm

Yea I was considering doing something like that officially...but questions are better. Characters will probably start out with a standard role. i.e. You'll fall asleep and I'll lead you around in a strange landscape/plot. There WILL eventually be a ultimate evil force that you will have to defeat/resolve.

As everyone gets more familiar with things, characters will be allowed to bring in more of their own elements. I asked a question in the application that allows you to tell me what you'd like to rp. It could basically end up like a mini-rp of your own within mine. Might be good for testing something that you've been thinking about, or just have fun.

I actually haven't died that many times...or if I do I wake up right away. Once I fell off a cliff and then woke up on the floor lol.

BlazingBunny
Member for 16 years

I'll have to post my character later, but I assure you it will be up tonight.
Run Rudy Run...

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: A Route Obscure and Lonely (Signups),-‘-,--‘--<(@)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyrwolf on Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:37 pm

Hm, I have a bunch of characters I'd be tempted to use here, one of them being the self-proclaimed King of Dreams, strange creature with a cheerful, if not scatterbrained demeanor who sells ice cream on Saturdays with the ability to turn you into anything from a Pokemon to Godzilla to a pile of sentient ooze for a day.

...But some of my more serious characters would also work here. My personal experiences with dreams, however, I can't really say, because I sleep like a rock. XD

Vyrwolf
Member for 16 years

Hmmm... Sure I'll give it a whorl, I'm sure things'll become clearer later on.

Name: Tom
Goals: Explore, have adventures
Dream dream: To save the world.

How you want to rp: I dream weird. So I guess my char will take weird and bizzare in complete stride.

Death: Very ok with dying, and I probobly will knowing my dreams.

I'm still kinda confused at some points, but I'm sure it'll all work itself out.
Last edited by SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing on Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlazingBunny on Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:55 pm

Hunter in the Alley wrote:I'll have to post my character later, but I assure you it will be up tonight.

Can't wait to see it, feel free to put up more of a description if you want.

Vyrwolf wrote:...But some of my more serious characters would also work here. My personal experiences with dreams, however, I can't really say, because I sleep like a rock. XD

Lucky, I've been having nothing but dreams lately and I feel tired all the time. What kind of mattress do you use lol?

And I think a simpler character than the "King of Dreams" would work better. Although you could definitely bring him as an extra character if you wanted. That would be a really fun scene. ^_^

SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing wrote:Name: Tom
Goals: Explore, have adventures
Dream dream: Dream the worst day he's ever had, and then enjoy waking up from it.

How you want to rp: I dream weird. So I guess my char will take weird and bizzare in complete stride.

Death: Very ok with dying, and I probobly will knowing my dreams.

I'm still kinda confused at some points, but I'm sure it'll all work itself out.

Sounds fine, please ask me more questions if you're confused. And about waking up...um...you won't >:). But feel free to try and rp that. The only reason you can't wake up at the moment is because I have no plans for how/why we would wake up. I guess you could wake up on your own and then fall back asleep if you really wanted to.
Last edited by BlazingBunny on Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlazingBunny
Member for 16 years

Name: Eric Bruce
Goals: Test the limits of this "dream world."
Dream dream: Anything that's not nightmarish or scary.

How you want to rp: I want my character to be involved with whats happeing in the dream.

Death: I've never actually died in any of my dreams... I guess I'll be okay with it.

I hope this does it.
Last edited by Hunter in the Alley on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Well, I honestly couldn't think of anything to put for that, so I put something that sounded kinda clever. I didn't know that we were actually going to RP what we put down...

I guess I'm still kinda confused on what "dream dream" and "How you want to rp" mean exactly.

SlowlyCrazyIAmGoing
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlazingBunny on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:03 pm

That's fine, but would you like to be chased around a playground by weird monsters or is that something your character normally dreams about? For that question I want to know what you'd LIKE to dream about.

BlazingBunny
Member for 16 years

Clearing up some things

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlazingBunny on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:10 pm

Hmm, sorry for being unclear. Dream dream means "the dream of your dreams." When your character falls asleep do you want him/her to go flying over the mountains, fight zombie hordes, or become romantically involved with an octopus? I'm just trying to brainstorm with this.

How you want to rp: Because this is a "dream" rp there are various ways to role-play this. I just want to get a feel for how concrete you want your character to be and how much plot you are expecting. I think everything will just wash itself out as we get started.

Keep with the questions. ^^

BlazingBunny
Member for 16 years

Oh! I thought it was what the dreams were like. I get ya now.

*runs off to edit*

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyrwolf on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:15 pm

Would you mind if I enter with an inhuman character?

Vyrwolf
Member for 16 years

Re: Clearing up some things

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tarmo of the Dusk on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:21 pm

BlazingBunny wrote:or become romantically involved with an octopus?

...For some reason that made me chuckle...

I'll work on a character later, not feeling creative at the moment >:(

10600 words, 50k characters, come on in to Narazor... A world of it's own.

Tarmo of the Dusk
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlazingBunny on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:23 pm

Vyrwolf wrote:Would you mind if I enter with an inhuman character?

Not really actually...do whatever you feel comfortable with.

BlazingBunny
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyrwolf on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:32 pm

Alrighty then. :3

Name: Greywhisker

Goals: Make friends.

Dream of your Dreams: As said above, Greywhisker would love to make friends with anyone, and finds special joy in those people being strange (being odd-looking himself, it helps him feel more comfortable).

How do you want to RP: Honestly, the part I love most about RPs is the interaction between the characters, and how they develop through their relationships. I'm fine with any settings, rules, physics...So long as there are interesting people to talk to, NPCs or character-controlled. I like a little romance, but more of the innocent cuddly type than serious lust.

Death: Unfortunately, for a reason a little complex to explain right now, having Greywhisker die in his dreams isn't good. He'd end up crying for a good few hours when he'd wake up, and spend another few in an odd state of depression...Don't ask. But if I need to go for a while, I'll just send him off into his own little spot in the dream-world, and have him reappear when I can.

Appearance: Take this picture: http://mapleartistaeros.deviantart.com/art/Rattius-rough-sketch-81095132 and color in the body with light brown fur with random splotches of silvery grey, dark purple claws on hands and feet, the tips of the ears and tail also violet, and the same for his eyes.

Vyrwolf
Member for 16 years

Re: A Route Obscure and Lonely (Accepting),-‘-,--‘--<(@)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlazingBunny on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:36 pm

Aww he's cute and sensitive lol. Cute but with sharp claws. I'll come up with a cool scene for him...might even be the first one......0.o

BlazingBunny
Member for 16 years

Re: A Route Obscure and Lonely (Accepting),-‘-,--‘--<(@)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlazingBunny on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:52 pm

You're all accepted by the way. If any of you feel like venturing out and posting the first reply feel free and go for it. Just have your character fall asleep (give us a feel for what your character is like in awake-life), then have them fall asleep. The dream can be as long as you like, just describe the place where you leave off fairly well for me. My character will then work on herding everyone together. :D

BlazingBunny
Member for 16 years

Re: A Route Obscure and Lonely (Accepting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyrwolf on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:22 am

He's meant to be huggy wuggy cute. :3 But anyway, I'll get right on replying in a sec.

Vyrwolf
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!