Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Safe

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Safe

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorawr on Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Our insignificance is often the cause of our safety - Aesop

Safe [seyf]
adjective, saf·er, saf·est.
1. Secure from liability to harm, injury, danger, or risk: a safe place.
2. Free from hurt, injury, danger, or risk: to arrive safe and sound.
3. Involving little or no risk of mishap, error, etc.: a safe estimate.
4. Dependable or trustworthy: a safe guide.
5. Careful to avoid danger or controversy: a safe player; a safe play.

Let me tell you a story. Once upon a time, during a time that only the stony crests of the mountains remember, the world was little more than black chaos. There was no light, and no heat, and there was no darkness and no cold. There was no ground beneath your feet, and no roof to this world that did not even exist. For us, in our modern world, this complete nothingness is incomprehensible, but nevertheless, it existed. Until the Four Deities found this emptiness. As we see an empty field and feel the need to fill it with buildings, and structures, and life, so did these Deities as they found this incomprehensible non existence. Each one possessed a godlike power, and together, they decided to fill the space with life.

First came the Deity that we came to know as Fire, and she desired light and heat. With a scorching gaze, she turned her head to the emptiness, and used her power to place the first star in what would soon be the sky. The Sun flared fearlessly into existence, ready to shed light on the darkness. However, in the darkness, there was nothing but the Sun, and this saddened the Deity that we came to know as Earth. She looked upon the space with an infinite sorrow, and as she looked, so came the planet we would later call our own. But it was barren. The Earth was a boiling mass of cruel rock and sands, and the heat of the Sun prevented any true life from being born on the Earth. Frustrated by the unfortunate futility of the other Deities, next came the one that we would come to know as Air. He sighed, and stretched forwards, and wrapped his hands around the Earth so that the Sun's implacable heat would exhaust itself upon the safeguard that he granted upon the Earth. The Earth Deity smiled at his kindness, and then, wishing to have his input into the creation of this new world, the final Deity stepped forwards. He would be the one that we would come to know as Water, and he looked down upon the Earth, and gave it that which he could not reclaim - his tears. Rivers and seas formed, and then there was water, and the Deities waited.

Over time, life formed. We walked the Earth, and, curious of the intimacies of our lives, the Deities joined us in human form. Each one took a partner, and fell in love, and each one in turn relinquished their immortality to live out mortal lives with their loves. Each Deity had a single child, and this child bore the blood of their secretly godly parentage. That child then grew, and had their own child, and so the bloodline was continued, long after the Original Deities were buried beneath the Earth that they had created. The legend says that this power never faded; that it was unsullied and undiminished by mingling with other mortals, and when the Blooded have their powers awakened, there will be a battle that will be remembered through the ages.

That is a story known by few, except a certain low caliber of existence that branched away from humanity. These lesser beings feature in almost every creation that we are responsible for. They are in our literature, our films, our art, our culture, our cities and our history. They have influenced us since their creation, and they are creatures of evil. We call them Demons, and they are the reason behind every fear that we have. However, they are weak. To survive, they need power in it's purest form, and the most concentrated source of that power is in the life blood of the descendants of the Four Deities.

Having taken the Blooded for themselves, the Demons intend to train and refine their powers until they are at their strongest, and then they intend to feast upon their blood and claim the elements of Wind, Earth, Fire and Water for themselves.

It's okay...Close your eyes and take a deep breath. I know that this might be difficult for you to understand, but it really is okay. You're safe here. We'll take care of you. Take your time...Sit up slowly. Your head might hurt at first, but that's to be expected. There you go. Good, have a look around. Welcome to Ashton Manor. I'll explain everything in just a minute, but for now, just take things slow.

There's no easy way to say this, but you're not like everyone else. There's something about you that's different, but you're not quite alone. There are others here like you, but they're with my associates, and they're safe. You won't come to any harm here, I promise you. I'm here to serve and protect you. I'll keep you safe. Rest now. You're safe.

So far we have lots of spaces open. Of the four demons, there are three available, and of the four Blooded, there is one left:

The Snake || Female || FC: tbc

The Spider || Male || FC: tbc

The Vulture || Female || FC: tbc

The Air Deity || Male || FC: tbc

And one final note...Thanks for taking the time to check this out. It'd be really great to start seeing some more character sheets for Safe, so just PM me or post in the OOC to reserve a character!
"I have an army" ... "We have a hulk"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lorawr
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!