Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Salutations and Greetings

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Salutations and Greetings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InsanityRenaissance on Wed May 15, 2013 4:47 pm

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

O.K., who am I kidding here?

Hi! I am Rene, though I go by The Mad Revolution or Insanity Renaissance on the world wide web aka internet aka interwebz.

I'm only sixteen (going on seventeen, innocent as a rose, as roses have thorns that hurt like a bitch), but I've been role-playing both on and off the computer for as long as I can really remember.

When it comes to role-playing, I typically fall into the more moderately "advanced" area of role-playing, as I like character development and when it comes to non-chat RPs, my posts are usually about 500-700 words in length as an average. I must admit that when I role-play, most character I use are actually ones that I've had for a while, slightly modified to fit the RP I'm in. This is just because they've gone through more character development already and I have a feel for them, but I've made random new characters plenty of times before. I've RP-ed on tumblr, Gaia Online, and various forums, but I found myself interested in the role-playing format that this site has. Everything is so neat and organized, it's really quite nice!

In any case, it's pleasure to be here!

Psst, I've already made an RP called The Emporium and you should join. Ehehehehehe.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

InsanityRenaissance
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Salutations and Greetings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon May 20, 2013 5:02 pm

Welcome, Rene. They call me Vince.

We're glad that you've taken a liking to our site's style and design. Here at RPG, we welcome writers of all caliber to come and roleplay/write as they wish. Organization has been critical to our success here at maintaining a healthy environment, one that helps foster the creative process. You haven't seen all that this site has to offer, so stick around.

Anyway, on behalf of everyone here at RPG, RolePlayGateway, we're glad to have you here.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!