Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

SangRoyal ~ A Story of Passion, Politics, and Betrayal ~

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: SangRoyal ~ A Story of Passion, Politics, and Betrayal ~

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ExcaliburSr71 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:39 pm

"And what protocol would that be?" Turning on his heel, Bei'nu gently drew his hood back, his black hair falling to his shoulders. In the sunlight, he looked especially pale, and when light struck his eyes they seemed almost silver in color.

"It is quite alright, I can assure you of that." He looked up and down Sariyu, sizing her up. She looked capable enough to fight, and her blade was decent as well, though he would have to see her in combat before making any solid assumptions about her skill. "So, why is it that you wish to enlist?"
"I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds" -J. Robert Oppenheimer

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ExcaliburSr71
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleitaly6 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:56 pm

Sariyu looked him over as well, he was handsome enough, but it was a different kind of beauty. He held his weight on the balls of his feet like any fighter would. He was a predator.

Sariyu snaped out of it and looked him back into his eyes. "The protocal being that generals usually dont talk to the lower class people. Isnt there a chain of command?" She looked at Nicchi trying to see if she was right.

"Sir three months ago my caravan rode throught he town of Rab'hab, is was burned to the ground, its people enslaved or dead. I was a caravan guard, that single moment i realized how bad things had gotten. I begged off, and was allowed to come to the city and make use of myself. I want to protect my home, family, friends, and formost my queen and her heir." Strenght rolled out of her voice, and she smiled softly.
"That is why i am here, i intend to be here until they find use of me."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

littleitaly6
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ExcaliburSr71 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:17 pm

"I see no reason then to deny you that wish then." He gave a slight sigh and spoke his next words softer, betraying for a moment his own weariness."Even if I found one, I doubt that I could withhold you your request. The need for able fighters as of now is to great for me to have the luxury to pick and choose."

How I wish that wasn't true, that Youl'ina was not so vulnerable-- A sharp pain erupted from his stomach, he couldn't hold off feeding for too much longer, and his stomach churned at the mere thought. Well, this is great timing for my hunger to kick in.

Forcing himself back to the present, he looked back at Sariyu, his gray eyes dulled. "Where you get assigned will of course depend on your skill, but if there is any particular placement you want you are free to ask for it."

ExcaliburSr71
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleitaly6 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:26 pm

Her smile faded away at the sight of even the general admiting how much in need they were. She wanted to reach out and tell him it was ok, but instead clasped her hands behind her back. "Ill go where ever you need me to go, you can test me ask you like, or ill be happy to show you what i can do."

She smiled back at Nicchi her eyes crinkling up at the corners. "Whenever you are ready General Bei'nu"

littleitaly6
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ExcaliburSr71 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:38 pm

Bei'nu raised his eyebrow, and very nearly smiled at her response. Such eagerness was always refreshing to see, especially so in times such as now. Looking at her again, Bei'nu tried to judge her style, paying attention both to the blade across her back and her build. She had potential, but there was no better way to discover it than by seeing it first hand. He silently nodded to her, his hands relaxed at his sides.

Focusing only on Seriyu, Bei'nu spoke quietly. "I am prepared."

ExcaliburSr71
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleitaly6 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:05 pm

Sariyu dropped her pack to the ground and tenderly took the sword from her back. She un sheathed it looking at her own reflexion in the blue tempered waves. She decided she needed to use two hands against him, he looked stronge and the strenght of both of her arms would be needed. She spread her stance and then launched herself at him bringing her brade up in a great sweeping arc

littleitaly6
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ExcaliburSr71 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:30 pm

Bei'nu closed his eyes as the pack fell, isolating the sound of it hitting the ground to gauge where she was in relation to direction. Holding his breath, he stood completely still so that his movements would not impair his hearing, his palms facing forward in a ready stance.

In the darkness behind his closed lids, Bei'nu focused entirely on his hearing, listening intently to Sariyu as her feet hit the ground, listened to the whistling of her blade as it sliced through the air, still unmoving. He kept his mind devoid of thoughts, letting what would be inaudible noise to anyone else become a deafening symphony that filled every corner of his mind, his being. As she came closer, the sound grew until it became nearly unbearable.

Stiffening, Bei'nu reacted suddenly, sidestepping the blade so that it passed inches from his cheek. flicking his eyes open, Bei'nu looked at Sariyu, mere inches away from her. "you attack well. Fast, strong, and you took time to decide on how to attack me. This is all crucial in fighting . However, here the real test begins-"

Bei'nu looked past Sariyu, at Nicchi, a purposeful look in his eye. Calmly putting his hand behind him, his fingers clenched around his whip, tightening around it. He tilted his head to the side slightly, asking the princess' permission to test Sariyu's loyalty.

ExcaliburSr71
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KattyKit511 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:33 pm

Liendar certainly sympathized with his liege's words and convictions. It made even his supposedly chilled heart clench to think of his mother and brother in the midst of a war, past hope, past care, past help and with no assurance of any of those three. Still, he believed in the subtleties of means to achieve ends, and such a display was almost unbecoming of the Vizier. For the Vizier, perhaps, but a woman...it was quite understandable. Especially for one who had so much to lose--and had had so much stolen from her already. Liendar was about to respond to her when the hulking giant of a general came striding up, introducing himself and offering his service. At his height, Liendar had to tilt his head further back than any one else in the delegation (excepting, perhaps, the boy Emperor himself). The man was intimidating, and, in Liendar's estimation, perfectly capable of crushing his head in his fist with no more than a gentle squeeze. But Liendar simply stared cooly up, eyes hooded for the appearance of boredom. His grip tightened only gently on the Emperor's hand before he moved back a mere half-step to better watch the meeting pan out.

Chen'ming couldn't stop himself from gasping at the sight of the general. He was nearly the most magnificent and imposing presence that the boy had ever seen before in his life, and his stare was too attracted by the armor he wore. He had no idea, but he looked much like the other children, gaping in childlike awe at him.
Save this fairyland we live in, where my failings are forgiven, feel like hunted by a griffin, I'm falling straight down. Catch my daydream. Catch my fall.—Angelzoom

KattyKit511
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleitaly6 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:35 pm

Sariyu looked amazed as he side stepped her blow. She checked herself and slowed her movements, catchin her balance. taking a few steps back she altered her position into a more defendable stance, he was swift, almost two swift. She glanced him over again, his ethral beauty almost took her off guard again. I dont get it, she thought to herself, how can he react that fast? Magic, spells? She reached up and raked her bangs out of her eyes.

littleitaly6
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:38 pm

Nicchi watched the fight, amused. Amused as Sariyu attacked the general-- amused how he easily avoided it.

" Alright, but take it easy. I'm supposed to be going to some island to represent Youl'ina. Try not to make it too noticeable, "

Bei'nu turned toward her, and she grimaced, but nodded. Recieving a puzzled look from Sariyu, she just gave her a teeny shake of the head and another grimace. And waited for the crack of the whip.
.;A picture's worth a thousand words;.
.;But when those words are worthless;.
.;So is the picture;.

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ExcaliburSr71 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:15 pm

Bei'nu nodded again and turned his attention back to Suriya, then pulled out the chain whip from it's holster. The metallic whip shimmered in the sunlight, clinking to the ground by Bei'nu's feet.

"Ability is only half of what makes one a good fighter. One can have all the ability available to them, and they would be useless as long as they are without cause. you have stated why you want to fight, now I will test it."

Bei'nu flicked his wrist and extended his arm instantly, sending the spiked tip of the whip flying through the air- towards Nicchi. Even if not intercepted the whip would miss the princess by mere inches, but for Suriya it would look like a life or death situation, which was the exact intent of the attack.

ExcaliburSr71
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleitaly6 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:24 pm

Sariyu watched as he pulled out the whip. It was a deadly looking weapon, something that was ment to kill slowly. She wetted her lips with her tounge and tensed ready to spring out of the way lest it come near her. And yet, his eyes were trained onto Nicchi...

As Bei'nu drew back his arm and lashed it forward Sariyu saw with horror that the Nicchi was the whips intended victom. With a yell she dashed forward lashing out with her sword, the blade became entangled into the whip the hind end coming around to lash Sariyu across the cheek. "Are you crazy?!?!" she yelled at him bringing down her sword violently jerking the whip a bit from his grasp.

"This fight is between you and i, do not involve the innocents!" she snarls at him and looks back at Nicchi "Are you ok?"

littleitaly6
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ExcaliburSr71 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:56 pm

Not quite the way I would have expected her to react, but it proved what it was meant to, more or less--
Bei'nu took a firmer grip on the handle of the whip for a better hold, then flicked it to rapidly uncurl from the blade. "Please forgive the illusion. Princess Nicchi was in no danger, I am quite skilled with my weapon of choice. It was simply a test to see how far you would go to protect one of the royal family--a test of loyalty, if you will. And at that test, I dare say you did exceptionally"

ExcaliburSr71
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby morriganxchan on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:04 pm

Aahra made it to the palace unscathed by the time the sun had risen the next morning. She had no notable run-ins on her journey, but that didn't make her journey back anymore alluring. She climbed off her horse, ignoring her sore muscles, and entered into the palace. No one questioned her presence there, she was a well known general, and had every right to request audience with the Empress. She spoke to a page of little or no consequence, asking him to kindly ask Maiyaa if she was excepting visitors.

"I have important military tragedies, and battle plans to discuss with her. Now be a good little boy and make that happen for me okay? If you succeed I'll try not to kill you for wasting my time." She smiled at him as she shooed him away before taking a seat, and waiting for an answer.

morriganxchan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleitaly6 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:36 pm

"Princess? What are you talkin about? I met her in the.." she slowed her speech and looked at Nicchi arching a brow. "Are you really.. the princess?" Sariyu felt her heart skip a beat and suddenly she dropped to her knees and knelt down in front of her. "Your highness, please forgiven my common tongue, i did not know.." she looked up a small stream of blood flowed from the cut given to her from the whip.

littleitaly6
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vettvyer on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:40 pm

Her eyes leisurely swept up to the dizzying loftiness of his form, releasing the grasp on her weapon. Her eyes widened in his hulking shadow and faltered for a moment. He made her feel almost thoughtless for her rash display, as if he naturally evoked some sense of conscious guilt within her. She proceeded with a polite smile and covered her son’s awe-shocked face with her ornate fan as she bowed. The child bowed halfheartedly, still in amazement with the large man.

“His Imperial Majesty acknowledges you, and I thank you for your personal greeting. Emperor Chen’ming of New Errachim would like to have an audience with her Majesty at the foremost convenience. It is an urgent affair…and her allied nation is at potential risk,” she pressed the desperation through her smile with all the poise and civility she could collude.

Vettvyer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rycyn on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:32 pm

The General listened politely, all the while gauging the group. The child emperor's bodyguard, a smallish man with hooded eyes was the most dangerous he decided. He could see speed built into the small form and knew it to be lethal and he would welcome such an addition to the palace if the man ever chose to change allegiances. The emperor's mother finished speaking at length, the pained smile displayed her desperation and he nodded at once.

"Of course you shall see her majesty! I will personally ensure you speak with her as quickly as we can manage." He bowed low. "Your guards may remain here with my men. His majesty and his bodyguard may join us." He grinned and held out an arm should she choose to take it.

"Shall we?"

Rycyn
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pyschogirl on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:27 pm

Maiyaa was reading her messages and saw that a bunch of people wanted to meet with her. Hahaha, she thought to herself, isn't it a coincidence? Well, I shall call all the leaders of the 3 countries to order and talk about battle plans and "hope we can make peace". Everything was falling into place. Her plan would get better results than she had expected. She would murder all of the leaders, all at the same time! She smiled evilly at the thought. And she knew exactly how she would murder them all.

She got out a piece of paper and wrote:
"The two other countries, Errachim Minor and Yuol'ina. I wish to have a meeting with all of the leaders of your countries. I want to make peace because we don't want to be feared by you." Yeah right, she thought as she was writing the letter. "Please come, for we will not harm you. We just want this war to end.
Sincerely,
Maiyaa Kyeon'an, Empress of Traachou"

"SERVENT!" she yelled. A servent came running down the hall. "Make a copy of this and give one to the Queen in Yuol'ina and one to the people of Errachim Minor." she commanded. The servent ran down the hall as fast as he could down the hall. Excellent, she thought.
Image Image Image

My people.

pyschogirl
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:42 pm

" Get, up, Sariyu, " Nicchi said, offering her hand and glaring at Bei'nu as if it was his fault that she had found out. " You see why I don't tell newcomers my title? I hate it, hate, hate it. Every time someone figures out, they get on their knees, tripping over their tongues. ' My liege, my liege, I am so sorry...' blahbity-blahbity-blah. I never asked for it. " Nicchi added, sighing and daring the general to make a comment.

" Please, please, please, just know me as a fellow soldier? Those stupid titles, they're good for nothing, " Nicchi looked into Sariyu's eyes wearily.

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleitaly6 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:57 pm

Sariyu looked up at the Heir to her country, the girl whom she had sworn to protect. Taking her hand Sariyu stood up slowly. "Im sorry your high-.. Nicchi." Brushing her knees off she picked up her sword and started to clean the dirt off of the bright edge.
"So general, did i pass your test? Or is there another girl you want to threaten her with?" she arched a brow a wolf like grin gracing her lips

littleitaly6
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!