Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

To save Teynera (OOC/signups)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

To save Teynera (OOC/signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Welcome, welcome everyone, to the OOC and sign-up thread for what'll hopefully be a long, fun fantasy game. If you'd please read this short introduction to get an idea for the story, there's also some more information afterwards. If that doesn't cut it... Post!

Those who posted in the interest check have their spot reserved for three days, after which I'll begin to take other characters. Feel free to post your character sheet regardless, as I'll more than likely let you even during the reserve period, if not a day later.

You may register NOW. Go ahead and do it. No, lunch can wait, go do it. B-B-Buh! Register.

Just some things for quick reference, when making your character, you may 'sandbox' the world - make up a species, use an existing fantasy one, invent a place or even your equipment. Be creative, the worst that could happen would be a PM asking you to change a tidbit or two. If you have doubts regarding this you may PM me or post here as well. I'll be adding one of my characters soon, hopefully it'll give you an idea of how to fill out the sheet.

Introduction

“Lord Fran, I am afraid this is the end.”

“I refuse to believe Queen Elimare has given us such fate.”

“Believe, neglect, all I know is I will die with a sword in my hand. Well met, Lord Fran.”

“Yet what I see forces me to believe…”

Alone now, the knight stood atop a hill. It was nighttime and the sky was moonlit, aided by several flaming wisps floating far away: the breath of dragons surely. Looking down? Blades of tall grass, wet with morning dew—further down: the putrid, vivid stench of death and gore. Down there two kingdoms that had grown like brothers for centuries were fighting cruelly, willing to do anything to sustain their own kind.

The defenders, Lord Fran’s people, were from an eastern land, Teynera, known for fruitful crops and a healthy merchant union with several other countries. Waging war with them was Narlo: their allies for exactly three-hundred twenty-seven years. They were a smaller country, but far more numerous in their army, as well as being more technologically advanced.

Lord Fran charged down in his steed, the gems encrusted into it dimly glowing with the moon’s own light. The cyan spec rushed along, treading quickly over the yellow stones which made Goni Plaza. He was about to desecrate the monument to the TeyNar alliance by fighting in it. The last knight of the nearby deployment, he was a man in his forties, with stark facial features and a full beard. Were it not for his majestic armor and cape, he’d easily pass as a tramp wandering the streets. Four days into the conflict, Goni plaza is no more. From the smoke, fleeing Narlo troops can be seen; the dead plague the floors as carpet, and Lord Fran cries beside the rubble of what once was an altar to the Mother Hela, the Creating Goddess. Shame on himself for surviving what his comrades did not, and embarrassment for arriving to the capital without any survivors.

The tension grows, their hope diminishes, faith languishes, it all seems doomed… The last light comes to shine: the stars have aligned a Teyneran prophecy – a group of descendants of the very gods is to come to their aid. Little do they know this group never arrives and the people they’ve summoned are nothing more than ordinary adventurers, mercenaries and the like. What will they do to restore peace?

Behind the scenes

You may be wondering a whole bunch of things, well wonder not! Basically, we got two countries at war, with the characters soon finding out it wasn't started in vain, or at least, completely. The players will form a party on their way to Narlo to either perform diplomacy or seize the capital, though details like these will come from the first IC posts.

So regarding the world itself, think fantasy: not quite medieval, but you're far more likely to see swords and axes than say, a crude attempt a gun (which are, nonetheless, present on occasions). We're talking, castles, huts, stone and brick houses, armories and blacksmiths. As for creatures, you may select virtually any fantastic species so long as they can talk, or otherwise communicate with the party, and are displayed properly. Banned choices will be few, and posted on the rules section.

Magic? Sure. I leave this to your criteria, under the conditions that spells have a proportionate, and reasonable cost. Even for an archsage or what have you, making several towers of fire will deplete his life energy. Here we won't be working with the stereotypical 'mana', spells merely drain the life force of the user, with it recovering as stamina does, but at a slower rate. This is also hastened through meditation or sleep, the former more so. Whether it's an elemental manipulation, moving objects, or a bunch of 'toolbox' spells, they must follow those guidelines. Casting methods may include incantations, spellbooks, wands, rods, or other magical artifacts.

Rules

The following species are banned for players to role-play as (NPCs MAY be these with prior permission):

- Vampires*
- Angels**
- Fallen angels
- Savage beasts incapable of civil behavior (so things like werewolves COULD be played as)
- Gods
- Demigods
- Demons***

*If you are willing to follow this game's vampire lore, this may be an exception. That is, vampires don't shine with the sun, they begin to burn and eventually incinerate. They are weakened by garlic and may be incapacitated through decapitation, driving a wooden stake through the heart, burning it with holy water. In order to truly banish one however, there is an intricate ritual, otherwise the vampire completely regenerates after a week.

**Unless the angel has a damn good reason to be in Teynera, this is very unlikely to be allowed.

***It may be allowed to somebody with prior permission, just check it by me.

Anything else is a rotund no in order to keep the game smooth. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Players:

- Post frequently! If you see almost everyone else has replied, by all means. If you're having a conversation with someone that's too long, you may have it over PM and post the entire chat in a single post. Though this would likely take a long IC time, so the opportunity to do so shouldn't arise too often.

- Post to the best of your skill! It's okay to be new, it's just not okay when you don't try. Avoid chat and leetspeak. Capitalize words that should be capitalized-- put simply, just use proper English. If you have difficulties with it, there are spell checkers built in for Firefox web browser if you download a dictionary. Let me know so I can send you a link.

- Be respectful of fellow players. There is no maximum as to the level of gore, violence, or otherwise adult content besides RPGateway's own rules. If a fellow member asks you to tone something down however, I will have a look at it and determine if it's necessary.

- Use the OOC - idle chat, commentaries, suggestions, you can even post your ideas for the story here! (I'd prefer those be sent via PM though, haha.)

- Have fun :D

Character sheet

Remember you're free to invent places within Teynera, Narlo, or outside them, as well as other information you might need to craft a character.
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Apperance:[/b]
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Magic:[/b] (Name of it, how it works, whether it's unique to your character, where the character learned it. Any information you can think of to clarify how it'll work in the game.)
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] (Don't go wild on this one, it's really just a reference)
[b]Hails from:[/b] (Where is the character from?)
[b]Got to Teynera:[/b] (How were you caught in this mess to begin with? Where were you going/what were you doing?)
[b]Trivia:[/b](Anything curious about your character?)
Last edited by Safisan on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: To save Teynera (OOC/signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:30 am

Name: Worent Silverpine
Species: Human

Apperance: Night blue eyes, greyish-brown disheveled hair, swept back by the wind. Worent still holds himself with abit of Imageregal modesty, even though much of it has been lost, befitting an ex noble. But it has mattered little since his hometown was destroyed. Stubble runs along his broad jawline, travelling has taken it's toll on him. His brows arch in ever present contemplation, a small scar cut vertically near the right one -as if to remind him what happened that night.

Worents wears for travel, prefering clothing over armor. Usually a rugged vest over the same old tunic, trousers, boots maybe a robe if it's cold and a single fingerless glove over his right hand. His physique has toughened considerably over the years compared to the lanky teenager he once was, it's not hard to guess what these past years have been for him.

Skills If the war hadn't came, Worent would have been a more capable individual. Only remembering a fraction of of what he had learnt and picked up from there, he moonlights as a blacksmith when needed but it is by no means his source of income. Having a Learned background too has given him many social advantages, if only he was given much chance to use it.

Other skills: "Eight years of hatred has given me a new outlook on life ..."

The Silverpine used to believe that words meant something, they did to the right people but those beings were rare and few, so now he makes up for it with a fast aim and tug of the lever. In addition he boasts exceptional strength of arm, owing to the constant use of modified crossbows that requires tremendous strength to hold -not to mention Reload.

Worent has some arcane knowledge stemming from an educated early life, he has a strong aversion, almost a fear, to performing Higher Arts-prefering the subtle, less vulgar common Magics.

Equipment: This section will only cover things that are not of ordinary wear and are obvious, similarly they are only what the character has now and is subject to change at all times.

Worent's Glove -A black, fingerless mesh glove with the characters 銀杉sewn in gold threads on the back of the hand. Kirin horn shavings have been worked into the fibres.

Narlo's Demise -Aptly named for the purpose on it was built. A monstrous crossbow comprising of three tinkered with repeaters stacked on top of one another, as long as the arms of most people and as heavy as a claymore -it has clearly been built for a specific someone. The workings are constantly fiddled with.

Stocky Shortsword -Just a hefty, somewhat sharp piece of metal that has witheld many a blow.

Tools -A set of hammer and tongs, tempers and odd ends that fulfil a variety of needs.

Occupation Ex-landlord turned vigilante, anything to kill Narlans really.
Personality: To be determined.
Hails from: Teynera
Got to Teynera: Native to Teynera, Worent is the son of the duke of Silverpine, a foundry town located along the mountainous Northern regions of Teynera -at least he used to be. Narlo's attack left him without kin nor a land to claim, he watched them all raze. But now the people see him as some saviour descendant of a god sent to free them, not knowing that he is simply a survivor like them -who wants nothing more than Narlo to pay dearly for what they've done.

Trivia: Worent has a fear of small boats, more specifically, he fears being on one and travelling over large bodies of water. Especially the kind where you can't see the bottom and what's lurking down there.
Last edited by flickery on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:14 am, edited 14 times in total.

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Guys, I have made a small edit to the character sheet, as well as censured a few things that I was asked to censure-- if you saw them, be very quiet. If you didn't, don't bother asking. Thank-you.

@Flickery: Thank-you, I'll be looking out for that edit you mentioned, but otherwise it's looking good!

Here's my character, hopefully it'll help guide you a bit when making your own.

Name: Thastarion Rebeni - "Tee"
Species: Werewolf
Apperance: Your typical male in his early thirties. Tee can grow a full beard in roughly twenty hours, and a long one (enough to make ponytails out of) would only take two days at the longest. Thus, he tends to knife away at his face whenever idle, keeping it cleanly shaved with a lot of effort. As such, his skin has a eerie green undertone when looked at closely, otherwise it's a tan color. He'll mostly be seen in dark brown cloth pants and a green or burgundy robe top. Sometimes favoring thin leather gloves, he'll usually do without. His boots go almost as high as his knees and are very sturdy, whilst still keeping his feet light. Finally, his hair, dirty blond, is medium length and straight, almost reaching his shoulders and generally kept in a ponytail.
Equipment: a jack of all trades and master of one, Tee carries an all-purpose knife in one of his boots, and two kris knives on the back of his belt. Two small satchels are also hung there, one containing poisons and a few other chemicals, the other harboring the complete opposite: medicine for said poisons and other ailments.
Magic: None whatsoever. He knows how a few types of magic work, yet has never been able to perform it, nor is he desperate to do so. Lycanthrophy should be mentioned here however, as he is capable of transforming into a wolf at will. Retaining his ability to think, his instinct constantly pulls him towards eating flesh and mating in this state. During full moons, the wolf transformation is nearly forceful to him, to the point where is he doesn't consciously resist it, he will remain a wolf until the sun comes up. Also, during this time, his wolf form is much faster and more capable of taking over.
Occupation: Professional collector and treasure hunter, at least when asked.
Personality: Charismatic, cynical, with a big concept of himself. Stubborn and insistent on being right, at least when his morals are questioned, or when it's something he deems worth the argument. Somewhat hedonistic, he leads a simple life and avoids big decisions.
Hails from: He can't remember, though he recalls many places, Teynera and Narlo amongst them.
Got to Teynera: A miscalculated attempt to rob a merchant wagon led him to take a ride on it, all the way to Teynera. Wandering on his own, he found Goni Plaza and was approached by a royal guard. Taking this as a chance to score the jackpot of his life, he played along with their prophetic revelation, telling them he'll "gather the others to leave soon".
Trivia:
- Tee was raised by a very corrupt merchant, who was actually the one that taught him to steal. Where his blood relatives are, he doesn't know, nor care for. Recently, he left him after an argument over his cut not being 'juicy' enough.
- He has a ritual of always stealing a loaf of bread before taking anything else.
- Generally avoids stealing from the poor, unless there's nobody else to pilfer.
- He has a tough time communicating with an animal in wolf form, even though most tend to be able to do so.
- Rarely looks as thin as he is thanks to the bulk of his 'treasure'.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Romaneck on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Name: Dario Phoran

Apperance: A robust man to be certain maybe a bit overweight to some.

The summers of his youth have left him a good legacy, while not as muscular as he used to be he is still a wide adult male that, many are the ones that have underestimated him and paid dearly for it.

Dario is now covered with grays everywhere, his beard, his chest and even his ears are covered with gray hair.

He has began to shrink and while before he was a man that towered amongst others he stands at a 1.7 meters tall, spending so much time underground and covered in cloth have given his once bronze skin tone a sickly pale look

Equipment:
Staff of the Silver Sun: A staff that is richly adorned the cane is made of wood but the tip of the staff has the silver sun´s emblem upon it, a sun spreading curved rays around and the sphere that composes the “sun” is richly adorned with red precious stones, more than once people have tried to steal it... they aren't around to tell you its a bad idea

Vaknr: The holy text of the silver sun, if a preaching is to be made to the heathens it is certain to be consulted

Magic::

Dario seems to have a really good handle on magic for a man that never studied it formally, fire is his especiality, as is beffiting of all priests of the Silver Sun

Priest of the Silver Sun: The lord of the silver sun has grown sick with this wars, if he does not bid them then they should stop for blood will only flow when the lord commands it, when he does not it is a sin that must be punished

Personality:

An awkward yet amiable man, will always approach things with a smile and try to convince others to come under the fold of the silver sun´s guidance.

However, whenever discussing the faith his personality gets a disturbing boost of conviction that is downright scary, intolerant of other religions he will not doubt on showing the power of the lord of the silver sun to gain the admiration or fear of those around him, it does not matter if they love or hate the lord of the silver sun... so long as they obey.

If the lord wills it, then everything is allowed if something, anything, is not made with the lord´s permission then punishment for such sin will be inflicted and Dario is all too eager to be the executor

Hails from:

Uthen: A city on Teynera it is not particularly important nor remarkable besides that it houses the cult of the silver sun, but when the fires of war come home... the lord will not have his faithful suffer due to the ignorance of men

Got to Teynera:

The lord has had enough, bloodshed on this escale without his aproval needs to stop humans are expected to go to war when he commands it, if they rise their weapons against each other then they are defying him, being one of the most capable and zealous of the priests, Dario had little hesitations to prove his worth to the lord and rally more to the rightfull flock

Trivia:

Can go trough alarmingly long periods of time without nourishment or rest, maybe its magic, maybe it is that fanaticism of his, but its there
"Incessant wind sweeps the plain. It murmurs on across grey stone, carrying dust from far climes to nibble eternally at the memorial pillars. There are a few shadows out there still but they are the weak and the timid and the hopelessly lost.

It is immortality of a sort.

Memory is immortality of a sort.

In the night, when the wind dies and silence rules the place of glittering stone, I remember. And they all live again."

Romaneck
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:22 am

Name: Krowlen (Pronounced 'Crow-Lin') Metzgar, a.k.a. Krow

Apperance: Krow is a pretty large man, standing at over Six feet (actual height 6'2") and weighing two hundred and forty pounds. Which has suited him just fine in his life he figures, having been a soldier of one kind or another since he was just getting the fuzz on his cheeks and chin. Krow's skin is perpetually tanned due to his living on the road and outside for the most part, and his dark brown hair has been a dirty blonde for years due to the sun. His eyes are his most striking feature, a crystal clear emerald green. His beard is trimmed weekly with a pair of scissors, and it is kept to a minimal standard of shaping with a straight razor (Think about 1.5-2 inch wide strip going down his jawline into a goatee). He has numerous scars on his body, with three sizable ones; a six inch long scar going down his left shoulder toward his chest [cut with a sword in battle at age 18], a old stab wound just below the right side of his ribcage [knife wound sustained during a bar fight at age 19], and a spear wound on his right shoulder [battle wound, age 25, almost lost his arm]. Other than these major physical scars, he's covered with a plethora of smaller scars, which adorn his arms, neck, shoulders, torso, and a few very slight ones on his face. It's easy to see this man has seen war, and lived to tell it's tales of glory, honor, and horror.

Equipment: At this time, Krow only has a fraction of the gear he used to:
Armor; Chain link shirt, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, steel helm (rarely worn)
Weapons; Steel Long sword, iron dagger (used mostly for utility purposes), Short-Bow (used for hunting more often than fighting, as Krow enjoys melee fighting much more)

Magic: Unless you count his uncanny ability to guess what style and color of knickers women are wearing, than no, no magic.

Occupation: Career Soldier; Joined Teyneran military at age 16, served til 22. 22-24, City Guard of Cowletta. 24-Present, Mercenary, Soldier of Fortune, Bounty Hunter, and Blade-For-Hire.

Personality: Krow is a tad unpredictable; he's both quiet and boisterous, serious and easy going, happy and brooding. He's been through alot, and sometimes all those old memories and hurts catch up with him. But, he knows how to have fun, and is sure to be the one leading a pub in drinking songs and dance. He's also fairly honest, especially with persons he is working with and obviously with family and friends. Pretty much, a upstanding soldier who's starting to feel he's getting old for too much bull-shit.

Hails from: Cowletta, a larger city in Teynera. It rests on the bend of a river, and was founded nearly two centuries ago. The city flourished within a generation, and now is a vital stop on numerous land and water trade-routes. It has thick stone walls, towers, and city defenses strong enough to hold off most raiders, barbarians, and any other riff-raff trying to make off with the city's wealth. But, due to it's wealth and high traffic, the city has a considerable problem with thieves and other dark individuals. The rumor is that there's even a whole Thieve's Guild based out of the slums district near the port, and that the city council has a secret pact with the leaders of the guild to keep their activities to a minimum outside of that district.. But that's just a rumor, of course. But such is life, and all in all, Cowletta was a good place to grow up.

Got to Teynera: Native of Teynera, hailing from the Cowletta In The Bend

Trivia: Krow likes singing songs, drinking, chasing women, making money, fighting, and generally having a good time.

Krow dislikes liars, cheats (especially those who cheat at cards), overly priced accommodations (rooms at inns, etc.), pushy evangelists/religious types ("I have my beliefs, you have yours. Let's leave it at that."), goblins (they "stink, look funny, and always try to stab me first!" As Krow puts it), and generally anything or anyone that's going to harm him or his loved ones, or do anything to generally ruin his day.

Krow is afraid of small spiders (basically any spider that's not big enough to be a 'monster'; they just freak him out. Out of sight out of mind though...), and is scared of falling (the heights don't bother him, but a good chance of falling scares the gold right out of his purse).

And, finally, Krow loves cats. He just does, and they love him.

Safisan, if anything needs editing, PM me detailing what things ought to be changed. Also, I really just winged it on his hometown and stuff, so if there's anything you have in mind that I could add to that to make it fit better with your world or whatever, let me know :). Thank you for your time, take it easy!
It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to achieve anything. -My attitude on life-

Axle
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:30 am

Both accepted, I'm seeing you edited your character 4 times Flickery... What's changed? I think I see him the same. Imma edit this post soon with another character, and it appears we won't need the reserve time too much.

If you'd like to help spread the word of this role-play, it is much appreciated. Tell your friends, your family, your enemies! Hell, you can tell your dog too! Just make sure he doesn't drool all over the keyboard. Thanks everyone <3.

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:51 am

Oh you know, little details that play psychological tricks on the weak of mind. You'll be my thrall soon ...oh yes. >:]

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:47 am

@ Flickery: o.O!!! Jedi Mind Tricks!!! XD

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MissingVelociraptor on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:33 pm

So you said no guns... What about a pistol-like weapon that uses magic ammo?
Friend: Do I even want to know how in the h*** you managed to lose a velociraptor?
Me: Honestly, I don't know myself. It's one of life's great mysteries.
FAMOUS LAST WORDS: ...Clever girl.

MissingVelociraptor
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:37 am

No modern guns, but something more primitive sounds alright. What you're saying passes the scan.

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyce on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:10 am

Name: Tizer Van'Luven

Species: Seyan'Du (explained in hails from)

Apperance: Standing at six feet tall, and 195 lbs, Tizer is extremely intimidating. He has muscles packed on where people wouldn't even guess they would be. However, just by looking at him, one can tell he is effeminate. His almost flaming blonde hair sticks up as if spiked, and it contrasts on the verge of atrocious, yet attractive against his dark tan skin, and thick black eyebrows. His eyes are green, the kind that seem to pierce the night. With full lips and a scar running from his left ear all the way down to his chin along his cheekbone he is quite the eyesore, yet, not exactly.

He wears a breastplate of iron, and a skirt-like armor similiar to the Roman people in our lifetime. He wears leather sandals that wrap up his leg with one leather strap, accentuation his muscular calves. He also wears bracers on his arms that always seem to catch the gleam of whatever light is around, as do his teeth, which might I add, are quite nice. He also seems to always have a dark grow in of 5'oclock shadow, no matter what time of day.

Equipment: With him Tizer carries a Sword, used by most as a two handed sword, but for him used as a sword for his right hand. It is rather large and grand with his name carved into the base of the blade. He also carries in his left hand a three pronged dagger. He prefers to use this to block over a shield, and once even deflected an arrow with it (Although, scars will prove other times he was not so lucky). He also carries a small bag with a deer bladder which he tries to replace and renew every 14 days or so. Near that is deer hide bag that holds rations for himself, and occasionally a partner or two. He also carries basic tools in his bag.

Magic: Tizer uses three elements, however, not wastefully. His training allowed him the best of the best knowledge wise for magic. He chose the exact three skills that a previous Arch Seyan'Du of his time did, and she was quite powerful.

How it works: Lightning. Tizer has two options when it comes to lightning. He can either summon an orb that will circle him in place, or move with him (meaning he can have up to two stack). The lightning senses pressure changes in Tizers hair (why it spikes) based on blood vessels delivering blood. This causes them to shoot a continuous bolt of lightning from them, shrinking them as it is used up. This can help in group situations, however it does take about 1.5 seconds to cast. His other choice is a slow moving ball of lightning. However, he has yet to learn to control it well enough not to harm his own allies. This can cast almost instantly and moves in a straight line until either all of its energy is used up zapping, or all of it is used up on moving.

Fire: In contrast and similarly, Tizer can shoot a fast moving, deadly ball of pure fire energy. This moves much faster and farther before the flames consumes itself. He can also cast a ring of fire that spirals up from the ground until about a foot above his head and evaporates, or a sort of shockwave of fire at waste hieght all around him. The fireball casts almost immediatly (and like the lightning ball) travels from the angle of his hands in a straight line. The Fire=ring/swirl take about 1.5 seconds to cast as well.

Freeze: Here is his favorite spell. He himself takes about three seconds to cast, but has gotten a few lucky immediate casts, as well as learned to time it right. When cast he slows everything down in about two armslengths away from him. To him, they appear to turn blue but no ice has ever formed, and he doesnt' know if others see the blue. However, arrows, fire, animals, people, even plants and falling things slow down, as if moving through jello. (this isn't extremely slower, but enough for him to get the upper hand or hopefully dodge an attack of some sort.)

Personality: Effeminate, sarcastic, witty, and quite intellegent. Will be found out as RP progresses.

Hails from: Tizer Hails from the grand villiage of Aston, near Cameron. He was, or rather is, the son of the king (an extremely powerful mage), and queen (a quite terrifying warrior). This gave him the power of the Seyan'Du, a hybrid of sorts.

Got to Teynera: Curiousity sprung on his father when after a training in the warriors arena he found Tizer seemingly gawking at the other gladiators, and acting somewhat flustered when they spoke to him, even when he bested them. He then noticed Tizer would spend more and more time in the Arena, and less in the library of the mages. He then arranged a marriage to a beautiful amazon in a neighboring township. Tizer denied the marriage at the cost of exile saying "I can never love her the way she deserves." Instead of becoming insulted by the people for the atrocity of his effeminate son, he framed him as a murderer and had him exiled, and not killed, only because "I allowed it!" He began to wander, and using the training he obviously had paid attention to, found his way through teh terain to Teynera.

Trivia: Effeminate, oogles strong men and attractive men, but casually and has never acted upon his urges. Can be seen as quite annoying, but will fight for himself any day or night.

Let me know! Tyce
http://www.astoniareborn.com I love this COMPLETELY unique customization stat system MMORPG! Come raid my clan, or join mine and raid others!

Tyce
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:57 pm

Axle wrote:@ Flickery: o.O!!! Jedi Mind Tricks!!! XD

Heheheh, you know me too well Axle. >:]

@Safisan: Edited once more LOL! Big edition this time, do browse through and tell me if you like/don't like it.

<3 The effort everyone is putting in the profiles so far so I gave 5 stars to them! :]

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MissingVelociraptor on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Name: Viobi "Veebee" Gohn

Species: Half-elf (light elf, to be precise)

Apperance: Sketch Her dress is dusty blue and her apron is light gray. She has red hair in a dark green ribbon. Her earrings are bronze and her boots are leather. Her eyes are brown with gold flecks.

Equipment: Her magic pistols and the following elemental cards: fireball (x2), water jet (x2), air blast (x2), earth bullet (x2), flamethrower (x1), icicle (x1), gale (x1), stalactite (x1), and lighter (x1). When she puts a card in the slot on top of the barrel and pulls the trigger, it fires a magic missile. These cards are unique and she can't duplicate them, so if one is lost or damaged it's gone for good. The pistols aren't very accurate at more than three meters, and they use up a bit more life energy than a similar, non-aided spell would, but she doesn't complain. The pistols occasionally jam if the card wasn't loaded properly or if they haven't been cleaned. Her grandfather on her mother's side, an inventor, bequeathed the pistols and cards to her when she was 18. She practices with them every day, so she knows their quirks well and can adjust her aim to increase their accuracy range to four or five meters if she concentrates. She really only uses them to scare the crows out of her friends' fields or show off by shooting a plate in midair.

Magic: Her only natural magic is healing, which she got from her light elf side. She can cure poisons and mend broken bones, but it takes a lot out of her. Flesh wounds and burns are easier. She can also cure some diseases in 1-3 days, depending on the disease.

Personality: Viobi is down-to-earth and jolly, as well as gentle and kind. She seems to be a nurse for the soul as well as the body, because she always has an open shoulder to cry on and some advice to give. She never had any interest in reading, though, so she never learned of very much outside of herbs and medicine.

Hails from: Jinkham, a mid-sized town about a day's ride south of Goni Plaza. It is located next to a spring and surrounded by fields of wheat and barley, so it is fairly well-known for its beer and ale.

Got to Teynera: Viobi lived in Jinkham all her life, inheriting the apothecary trade and shop from her light elf father. She never saw much of her mother, but that was because she was the one buying and collecting the herbs for the shop. Once Viobi took over the shop, her father began to help with her mother's job.

Trivia: She has a deep, opera-style singing voice, but it's the only thing she's shy about.

MissingVelociraptor
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmethystXIII on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:26 pm

Name: Eilora Fhau'viel (Or Lora, for short)
Species: High Elf
Appearance: Tall for an elf, she compares closer to the men of her race at 5'10''. Her height is more of a detriment though, as she obtains more glances than anything (and for this, she seems more aggravated all the time than not). Her skin is fair, as is customary for people of her race, yet when compared to a human it would appear pale. For this reason, she tends to hide as much skin as she can with long-sleeved, comfortable dark green (closer to black) robes strapped around her figure at multiple places using thin leather belts with silver buckles. Her robe is slit on either side of her legs half-way up her thigh, something unalike to her kin. She prefers to be able to easily scale trees and run quickly without needing to be wearing trousers. Her legs are clad in leather, worn away slightly at the knees from scaling trees. As is customary of high elfs, she wears a series of chained earrings made of pure mithril along the length of her ears.

Equipment: A bow made of the purest wood from a Yew tree, the matching quiver imbued with magical runes. During battle, magical arrows that appear a silvery-blue in color, form in her quiver. These arrows do cost her some energy and as a result she has become quite adept at perfecting shots to her prey's vital points. She does not own much armor since there was really not a need for it in Malvarin.

Magic: Her elven ancestry provides her with some magical abilities, her particular family line mastering the clerical healing abilities of priests. However, she never concentrated on honing these abilities, instead choosing to join the hunting party of her village. She is able to heal flesh wounds, the larger the wound the longer it takes and the more energy it extracts from her.

Occupation: Hunter: The use of her bow and arrow provided extremely useful for hunting game, both small and large, for her village's resources. She has also successfully helped to defend a few raids on her village.

Personality: She appears to be somewhat arrogant due to her affinity for the hunt and less for the learning of magicks and the history of her race.

Hails from: Malvarin, the name of the village far along the outskirts of Teynera. It is surrounded by a dense forest on the side facing Teynera, the other side a less-dense grouping of trees, leading out into the vast plains.

Got to Teynera: She grew close to the hunting party's captain, who also held an immense admiration for her skill and precision with the bow. Her reflexes and judgment calls gave her the second-highest rank of Hunters of Malvarin. After weeks of unexpected raids in the night and rumors flowing in from the merchants of the tension of war arising between Teynera and Narlo, Eilora spoke with her fellow Hunters and thought that it would be one of the best things the Elvish people had ever done for the Humans if they should help Teynera against Narlo. They repeatedly refused, thinking she was idiotic to expose the ways of peaceful Malvarin to the greedy Humans.

Eilora became an exile among the Hunters for her belief in helping those who are in need, regardless of who they were. She took her steed and left in the late night, just before dawn, and rode all the way to the Teynera, searching for some information on how she might help. However, much to her dismay, she kept being dragged along by devout believers in some Human prophecy, exclaiming that she was among those to bring Teynera to peace once again. Her journey became more of a struggle for answers that were not based on prophetic jabber, and so she continued along to the center of Teynera.

Trivia: She picked up her first bow and arrow at the age of 17 (young for an elf), and shot a bird sitting in a tree at a farther distance than most of the teenagers of her race. Because of this, she was allowed to train with the boys during the afternoons at the hunting camps. She much preferred this to studying historical Elvish lore and magicks.

She has an unexplainable fear of spiders, although every other insect is perfectly fine to her.

AmethystXIII
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:27 pm

@Flickery: looks perfect-- as I told you before, it's okay not to mention your mechanics here as you sent them to me via pm.

@Tyce: I could have sworn I'd replied to your profile before. Nonetheless, it was an interesting read and definitely gets you your place here.

@MissingVelociraptor: you're good to go, too!

@AmethystXIII: you're accepted as well - for some odd reason I wasn't notified there was a new post when I posted this.

Thank-you all for joining. I will commence work on the IC so it'll be up tomorrow or the day after at its latest. I'll post a link when it's all set.

Name: Selere Featherflannel
Species: Imbued: a title bestowed upon several tribes, living in faraway islands. They are seldom seen outside of them, much less admired doing what they do best - magic.
Apperance: Clean, but unconscious of her own appearance. Selere's hair is naturally wavy, kept in a scruffy mess, sometimes vaguely shaped like ponytails or braids - it doesn't seem as unkempt due to it being black. Her eyes are green, very light and passable as gray if one doesn't look closely. With somewhat dainty facial features, she seems her age, though younger when particularly dirty and messy, and far older when in fancier clothing. She's somewhat tall and very thin, with what little fat she has focused on not making her face seem too gaunt. Wears a lily colored robe with a hood, and a pair of discreet matching shoes that are mainly used by the islanders.
Equipment: Aside from bits of candy on her face sometimes, Selere travels heavily for her size. She keeps a leather bag tied to her back, inside of it are one or two tomes of very differing subjects, a purse with coins, random trinkets, several explosives, high-tension strings and a few small mirrors.
Magic: Universal Teleportation: the most difficult spells known widely are those which rely on moving massive amounts of matter in a quick amount of time. At her tender age, she mastered such spells, but only for the one use she dubbed worthy: teleporting books in and out of her bag from the Honate House Library in the largest island. Any other objects would cost her far more to move such long distances, regardless of their weight. Selere is otherwise a natural strategist and relies on her tactical prowess and assorted bag of tricks to get through most situations.
Personality: Usually off and seemingly distant, though polite. She is intelligent to an extreme and as such, self-absorbed in her own mind, never expressing such things to strangers. Her mentality remains, to some extent, as innocent as a child's, though far less prone to giving in to anger, sadness, or any emotion really - she is almost robotic when planning a strategy, and more so when developing it alone.
Hails from: Ysta, the largest of the faraway islands in the north. They are secluded, so much to the point the archipelago remains unnamed.
Got to Teynera: She was sent off after her people noticed she was completely incapable of casting magic, in the hopes she'd one day pass off as an Ystian and would be able to perform their rite of passage.
Trivia:
- Selere knows how to make the candy she's constantly eating, but far prefers to buy it out of comfort.
- She makes the majority of her money playing card games - while she dislikes them, they are the fastest way to fill that purse of hers.
- Selere has been known to throw books or consider teleporting them into the fray when out of tactical options.
- Has a sensitive stomach to anything that isn't sweet.

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:13 pm

Hmmmm I like it, I like it alot guys :)
Haha, I have a feeling Krow's gonna end up getting pissed at Selere at some point, due to the cards XD
"By the gods! The little one's taken all of my damn money! Little witch must be cheating!!!"

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyce on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:38 am

Safisan wrote:
@Tyce: I could have sworn I'd replied to your profile before. Nonetheless, it was an interesting read and definitely gets you your place here.

THis made my night!

I've only been rejected by RP groups, and had my own baby also show only 1 person interested in it over 2 boards so this is great news!

Thank you so much. When do we start?!

Tyce

Tyce
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:26 am

Tomorrow! After your GM gets back from a long, long line to arrange some papers for a military service card. I have most of the intro set, I just need to read things over, pluck some bad things, edit some stuff out, add details, censor the adult content, invent the universe - the last two not so much.

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyce on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:29 am

Well that sucks cause the last one is the easiest!

Good luck with your military discounts lucky Bastage!

Tyce

Tyce
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:39 am

Get the black ball, get the black ball! If you don't get one, MARKER IT!

P.S This is not a sexual euphemism (<---am owning this word), really.

flickery
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!