Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Saving the International Space Station: The RP

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Saving the International Space Station: The RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tony on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:17 pm

Let's sum this up; NASA fizzled out hardcore, and now the ISS is slowly falling back to Earth. As an established community of experts in the fields of aeronautic sciences, engineering, and businesses, we have four years to construct a flying rocket with a select number of astronauts, board and connect the ISS to the ship, pull it back into orbit, and finally land safely with the return of the pilots. We will need resources from around the globe to make this piece together.

I am Victor Gytfawkt, a concerned Computational Engineer with experience in the fields of aeronautics and a recently-purchased plot of land that will serve as the launch site of my rocket.
Fighting Status: Currently Challenging

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tony
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Saving the International Space Station: The RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thesilentstory on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:23 pm

((Do we just start posting? I have included something...))

Heels impatiently click-clacked against the freshly mopped white tiles of the lab. She had been in there for hours trying to reconfigure the stubborn thing, yet no matter what key she pressed, it would not change. Complete system overrides were useless, and even a simple shutdown and restart did nothing to remedy the situation. Sighing in frustration, she plopped down into the chair. Forgetting that the chair had wheels, she was pushed backwards and her left foot shot out in reflex, hitting the computer's modem.

"Okay, wow," she said, as she managed to stop the chair from rolling into the bay of computers behind her. She stood and eyed the screen of the computer that she had just been working on. It now displayed the information that she had wanted in the first place: a blueprint of the preliminary versions of the ship. Rolling her eyes in annoyance, she stood, sliding the chair back to it place and typing in the print command. She grabbed her clipboard and pen as the object printed, and once it was finished, she clipped to her growing pile of papers and headed into the hallway. Victor Gytfawkt had paged her (he was probably wondeering why it was taking her so long), and so she made her way to his office.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

thesilentstory
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:04 pm

Maxwell Ballon slipped into the office right behind the as-of-yet un-named woman, carrying a clipboard similar to hers. He'd spend the last few hours crunching some numbers, and there were some interesting results he needed to bring up with Victor. He cocked his head to one side as he slipped through, straightening his black dress vest beneath his white lab coat and pushing his spectacles farther up his nose.

"Mister Gytfawkt," the scientist said, slipping past the woman and holding out his clipboard. "I've found some inconsistencies with the ship's fuel consumption here while I was running some calculations this morning..."
From the depths, I return!

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tony on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:31 am

Working in tight spaces can be a hassle sometimes. My pager was going nuts in my back pocket so I had to take it out and, rats, it paged Vanessa when I bumped the panoramic camera. Or, wait, was it Clarence? Now I'm confused and worried; she's probably hustling this way with a brow huff and I can't even remember her name.

Maxwell seems to have returned the results I needed about the fuel consumption and, oh, there she is. Well, maybe I can be distracted long enough for her to just leave the designs on the table and hurry elsewhere. Right, fuel consumption inconsistencies. The soot filters are indeed a centimeter to the left and will end up trapping clogging dust. I tell Maxwell that he's right, we can't have the thing exploding after liftoff or undershooting. It's too early to discuss whether to use oxidizers and see if more efficient thrust can result of that, but for the sake of her still standing there I openly bring up the topic a little spontaneously. He seems a little confused by the change in subject, does a double-take on the girl, and seemingly gets the message. Sharp man, thank God. He finally has my cover on this one. I tell Vanessarence that she can just leave the designs there and Ballon and I will go over them. She does so, and without any real indication of our ignorance. I will have to go back over the staff listing at the end of the day; crisis averted.

Tony
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:27 pm

"Fuel oxidisers..." Maxwell scratched his chin with the end of a Bic pen. He appeared to be deep in thought already. Deep inside his brain, gears strained and churned. Eventually, he just wandered out of the room, still deep in thought.

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thesilentstory on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Cadence patiently waited as Ballon and Gwytfawt talked about fuel consumption, taking note of the mention of oxidizers and a more efficient thrust can be achieved. She could see what they were talking about, and a plan was already forming in her head about how to fix it. Gwytfawkt was right, fuel oxidizers would be the way to take care of the inconsistencies.

She placed the blueprints on the desk and walked back out of the room, scribbling away furiously on the back of one of her many papers. She began to design a way to keep the soot filters from shifting. It should have been as easy as it sounded, but once she got back to the lab to continue working, the computer had returned to it's stubborn state, and she was forced to delay her work in order to fix it.

Oh, what a day it would be.

thesilentstory
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tony on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:50 pm

(Thanks for rolling with it ;3 )

Back at my own desk, I had on me desk a noted complaint form that was created at the beginning of the project. Such a wonderful day that was, exactly three weeks back, and I must've had a stroke of genius to get that started up. Unfortunately, it was a technical issue. I suppose I couldn't really get away with buying any of those mainstream computers. I did have another one on reservation. I suppose I could just stick the compatible RAM and hard drive in there. It was probably the oldest beige dinosaur anyone could lay their eyes on, but it hasn't failed me in its history, not that it had too long of one. A half-hour would be my next "major" expense and a new system was running. It turned out that the RAM itself wasn't connecting with the new computer's motherboard. Is everything produced at this quality?

I booted and checked it, and wrote a happy little sticky note; Gytfawkt has worked his magic. Commence finger-gun point and wink.

Another note for the journal: I seem to have sparked a rather off-schedule early consideration for oxidized soot filter design. I suppose the fuel is of more consideration than the actual shuttle. With this, I'm back to cameras and batteries.

Tony
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!