Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Sci-Fi Detectives! (People welcome to join at anytime)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Sci-Fi Detectives! (People welcome to join at anytime)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mega Man on Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:53 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen!

I would like to welcome you to...Utopia!

Haha, no I'm joking. I would hardly call Newton City a Utopia; in fact I would hardly call it pleasent. However, the point of this Private Message is not to downplay the city, but ask for your help. You, the receiver of this message, have displayed considerable skill in the Police Force. Since 2222 I have been head of a small department of the Police; members of this division are fondly called the 'Sci-Fi Detectives.' We investigate 'Paranormal Events' and 'Extra Terristial' activity. Awesome I know!

We need you help in case designated #366146. As you know Cloning has been ruled out entirely; too many ethical and Relgious issues. A few months ago the Police Department was tipped off that Doctor Olivia Jones may have been working on Cloning at her home. When Police stormed the house they onlu found the deceased form of the Doctor, yet later that day she appeared at conference and even gave a speech to University Students. So case slipped over into our department. We kept, what we beleive to be a clone, under contstant supervision. Then it was just at the beggining of this week she was sighted with contsruction materials. Not only that she seemed to be arguing with herself, like she was devloping split personalities.. It appears the the clone is mentally ill and we have no choice but to bring her in; Olivia Jones was a brilliant woman, and it seems that the clone has duplicated her intelligence-and a brilliant clone with a possibly violent and merciless personality is a dangerous threat.

If you do decide to respond I will need a database sheet filled out. You know name, rank, background in the police force, age and sex. I will also need a list of items you need upon arriving; we have access to everything, Laser Carbines, Hover Veichles, etc. Its not like we're in some primtive age like 2008 or something. I may also need a physical description, because I don't know about you, but I still have problems attaching a J-Peg file. However, if you have a photo feel free to attach it! There is no uniform you have to wear, like for example I wear a trench coat and hat; I find it does well with my brown hair and green eyes. Just try to keep it non-offensive.

Remember I need as many people as possible to help work this case! Respond ASAP, and if you decide to come we will rendevous at the Corner of Alpha and Bairns Street at 0700 hours.

Sincerely,
Detective Jack Johnson
Last edited by Mega Man on Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mega Man
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Sci-Fi Detectives!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:58 pm

((Woah dude, like a mix of X-Files and Blade Runner?))

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpecialFX on Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:52 pm

Name: Kloju Washington
Backround: Kloju joined the force as soon as he could and he always wanted to be a detective in any kind of activity, but then after 3 years it finally came. He was promoted to detective partner.
Items: Laser Pistol, Flashlight, Badge, and Handcuffs.
Clothing: Fedora Hat, and a Black Trench Coat.
Love the Life you Live, Live the Life you Love

SpecialFX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:08 pm

Name: Abdul "Oddball" Ranaq
Background: After years of a hard life in his home city of Al-Sharik in the Arabian Confederation, he decided to move to a new country and a better life. He earned a master in English, then he enlisted in the Police Force and has risen up through the ranks to detective. If not being an oddball about it. Thus, he earned his nickname, Oddball.
Items: A bottle of Vodka, Laspistol, Flashlight, and a deuling knife.
Clothing: Fedora, and a Leather A-2 Flying Jacket.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpecialFX on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:27 pm

OOC: When will this start?

SpecialFX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mega Man on Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:15 am

OOC: NOW :P

Jack Johnson adjusted his hat and breathed in the deep rich smoke of his cigar. There was nothing better to Jack then that first breath of smoke in the morning. Especially when he was walking down a misty downtown street at the ungodly hour of quarter to seven in the morning. However, all missions undertaken had to be done in the utmost secrecy; knowing half of the things that the 'Sci-Fi Detectives' knew could cause an international panic.

Reaching the corner Jack dropped his cigar on the ground and put it out with his foot. Placing a breath mint in his mouth to cover the rather acrid smell of tobacco. He finally reached his destination; the corner of Bairns and Alpha street. He looked at the street corned cut off by yellow Police-Tape and sighed. Murder's a terrible thing, Jack thought to himself. He was eager to start the case but knew it was important to wait for the other officers.

Mega Man
Member for 17 years

Re: Sci-Fi Detectives! (People welcome to join at anytime)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpecialFX on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:26 am

Kloju was sitting on a bench near the destination where everyone was supposed to meet. He was straightening his fedora and checked his datapad if it was 0700 yet.

Washington saw another detective walking towards the appointed destination. Kloju walks up to go meet him. "Hey your another detective right? Im Detective Washington and im here for this case. Are you?"

SpecialFX
Member for 16 years

Name: Victoria Salblumer
Background: Graduating from the Police force at the top of her classes, Victoria was always awarded merit for her quick thinking, and tactical readiness under fire, quickly she advanced into the forces of Riot Control, she'd proved herself more than ready in one of the biggest riots in New York City following the black out and political unrest of the handling of international relations, more than a advantage to her unit and her badge, moving into the Special Weapons and Tactics unit to help deliver countless upon countless successful operation she'd easily become a prominent figure within her city.
Items: Lasrifle with a high intensity infra-red/nightvision/ten times digital zoom scope. With a 4.65 shots per second automatic high caliber laser round which can switch between automatic, burst, and single shot, with a switchable mode between automatic Rifle and a low recoil gauge lasburst shotgun. Other equipment includes, laser powered hand cuffs, high reactive body armour, extra recharge lasrifle packs, and crowd control issue taser baton, infrared/nightvision HUD displace helmet, and duel laspistol .32 caliber (all such equipment is only worn on mission). Apart from SWAT specific mission regular patrol officer equipment is worn (unless specified)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Victoria heard the bleer of her alarm clock as she sluggishly pulled herself up from the floor knocking over the beer can she had in her outreached hand, letting the warm yellow liquor leak onto the floor without any notice or a care, not that you're going to care when a jack hammer is making renovation in your head -- hangover -- ack. she walked over in her gray matte workout-tanktop to turn the bitch off, her head was thumbing, thumbing, thumbing,
too,
much,
drinking,
The night was crazy, her unit worked hard, and they defiantly played hard, the kitchen bench lined with stale chips which missed lips and beer cans and bottles of spirits of every shape and sized proved there reputation wasn't just talk. Victoria was a boy essentially in the unit, and as such she hardly played the part of the girly-girl; call her such and prepared to have a bruised ego and nutsack. it wasn't possible to be girly in the most militaristic grunt department of the police force which was SWAT. She placed a foot on the chest of essentially her beat partner, he was a big African man.
"wake up..."
She would say gruffly with a small smirk on her face as she slowly applied pressure to his chest to restrict breathing he'd wake rolling over coughing.
"Come on! up you big Fookin' bastard!"
she would slur words still figure out her grounding and coming into the world that was not a drunk spin, the man would roll onto his back and slid up against the wall knocking over a tower of empty Cans, disorientated he would complain.
"What...? What do you want...?"
"You promised me a lift to my super secret other job, remember, the one I'm cheating on you with."
Victoria would banter with the man, there was nothing between them but it didn't stop them from turning everything into sexual innuendo, I mean, wasn't that a sign of a true friendship?
"Oh... yeah... ah...? What time is it...?"
He would ask bring a hand to his head to stop the still spinning world.
"Late, we slept in, I set the wrong alarm if we leave now we'll be five minutes late, come on! move it Soldier!"
She would say a bit too loudly, meaning she'd have to duck a bottle of vodka which would come flying at her from another groaning hanged over officer who was covered in much too much popcorn, as others agree with the popcorn covered man as they gave her incoherent barks of disapproval. she'd just snicker and slink to the bathroom to get ready.

Following closely behind her African-American-chauffeur-Friend whom was giving her a lift, because of her weight she was defiantly still over the limit was the reason for the arrangement, and him being a bigger build man meant they could both get trashed and still get her to her arranged meeting. Getting into the car it was a quiet drive of groans of regret, before coming to the meeting place. The car would come to a stop and she would lean in a suggestive kiss motion he smiled and leaned in as well right before lip would meet lip, her fist came to plant itself squarely in his cheek before she let out a sadistic chuckle and tried to get out of the car before he had a chance to retaliate, not quick enough tho',
thud,
a punch would come to land on her forearm she would grab it and let out a small jolt of joyful pain knowing she'd gotten exactly what she deserved as she waved the man off and the car would go screech off to take the man back to the comfort of bed to try and sleep off the insistent bongo drum that just had to play. With that she'd stroll over to the place she was meant to meet this man Jack at, with her standard issue boots, her nonstandard issue miniskirt and black stocking, and her standard issue vest, she would turn heads for an extremely tom boyish girl, she had a beautiful figure but was deeply feminist -- yes she did spell it womyn not woman -- so a word of warning don't let her catch you looking or prepare to be destroyed. Her SWAT insignia'd carry bag hang over her shoulder with a single hand holding the strap and the other hand resting on her hip, hovering above one of the two laspistols which hung on her belt along with a pair of handcuffs and her riot baton. She was pretty sure the man who was the one responsible for the letter was standing in front of her by a few feet
"Oi? Jack?"
She would call to the man to double check it was the same man trying to make it so she might be talking past the man if it wasn't him.

Defect by Design
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:01 am

Oddball made his way down the street, a very strange place this was. It's just the west man, you're gonna have to get used to it. He then made his way to the street corner seeing two men and a lady there, assuming this way where he was supposed to be. He then asked the one who was supposed to be Jack a code, (Or who he assumed was Jack)) "You got the time?"

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mega Man on Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:33 pm

"Indeed I am!" replied Jack, his coat swaying what breeze there was. "Its a pleasure to meet you Detective Washington; I am glad you accepted my invitation. My department is only very small unfortuantely and I need all the people I can get."

Jack then turned at the yelling of his name. He could tell automatically by the SWAT Insignia and the fact the she was a female that this was none other then Victoria Sulbumer. "Welcome Seargent! I am pleased you could make it," replied Jack excitedly. So far so good.

Then someone asked him what seemed a completely irrelevant question but was in fact code. "Greetings Detective Ranaq or Oddball as your file suggests," Jack said happily. The team was now big enough to continue.

"Thank you all for coming! So, you are all wondering why one Earth we are standing here so early in the morning? Well this was where Olivia Jones's Clone was bringing construction materials. Just over there," Jack pointend at a sewer entrance,"is a manhole which we beleive she used to transport materials into the sewer and begin to build things with interruptions and distractions.

Jack pulled a frequency emitter from his pocket and pointed it at the cover. The slab concrete then launched into the air. "After me!" Jack said and slid down the ladder into the dirty sewer pit...

Mega Man
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:03 pm

What a strange man... Oddball thought as he followed Jack down the ladder to the sewers. When he reached the bottom he was surronded by filth. "Construction materials for what? May I be so bold as to ask?" He clicked on his flash light and looked around, the place was truly revolting.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpecialFX on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:16 pm

Washington followed Detective Oddball down the ladder into the disgusting sewers. He turns on his flashlight once he touched the ground. "What kind of interupptions are we dealing here excatly Jack?"

SpecialFX
Member for 16 years

"Ah... noise... quiet"
Victoria would groan shaking a hand at the over enthusiastic Jack, and, with little explanation as to why each one of them personally were called here, or more information about the organisation was given, he was down in the sewer. Now Victoria wasn't a girly girl but she was a girl enough to think the sewer was a gross idea. She was the last to follow down the drain she paced above the drain entrance contemplating it, Jack would hear the faint rant of Victoria.
"What the fff--"
A bus siren would go off louder than her distant echo'ee rant.
"--ridiculous, a sewer! Come on a sewer! Why would we not be fff--"
Another.
"--old!"
After her rant she'd come trudging down the dirty, rusty ladder the smell was repulsive and the humidity was terrible, it was hot, and muggy and smelt, she knew this was all about the cloning, but, gah, fore-warning! Okay I guess most of her annoyance at the moment was more due to having this after a hangover. She reached the bottom of the ladder and dropped into some muck.
"Yuck..."
She was glad they issued boots, she hadn't felt it against he skin yet. She stuck to the wall and looked around, saw the light of a flash light and headed in the direction.

Defect by Design
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:27 pm

Oddball turned around, and listened to the ranting. He blinked, then said, "There are worse places we could be, madam." He then turned around and continued down the sewer, finding that the disturbing feeling that something was greatly amiss was occuring.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mega Man on Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:19 am

"I have to agree with Oddball on this one," Jack said entering the conversation. "Although I must admit," Jack continued as rat fell from the ceiling landing at his feet," it is still pretty disgusting." Pulling four flashlight's from one of the many pockets of his coat he handed them out one-by-one. Shining it around nothing seemed out of ordinary at first glance.

"But won't you look at that," Jack said pointing at cabling in the roof. But behind the massive tubing there seemed to be a limp hand hanging out. Carefully approaching the appendage he pulled it out. It was just a hand and a arm; there appeared to be no evidencev of it ever being attached to a body. Suddenly it pounced and launced onto Jack's face, gripping onto him with the pressure of a vice!

Mega Man
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:18 am

Oddball drew his Laspistol, and proceded to incinerate the arm's hand. "May I ask a question, sir?" Oddball looked again at the disgusting creature, he kicked it a couple of times. The arm, appearently dead, was limp in the filth.
Last edited by Ottoman on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

((Sorry otto, there was no body it just a arm))

Defect by Design
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:09 am

((Whoops. Sorry 'bout that. :B Fixed.))

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mega Man on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:37 am

OOC: No worries Ottoman; thanks for fixing it up :D

Jack rubbed his face, "See what happens when cloning goes wrong! This is why it is sooooo against the law." Jack picked up his dropped flashlight and pointed it around. "Alright team we better keep moving, but keep an eye out for any other arms, hands or feet. God knows what we're going to find down here," the Sci-Fi detective commented without apparent care. Moving down the passage slowly he came to a cross-section and sighed...

Mega Man
Member for 17 years

((OOC: Sorry for my absence, I got banned for asking a Mod to say sorry when they did something wrong, go figure.))

Victoria was kind of shocked by the hand, I mean, what, the, hell. She shook it off and patted her bag, it had extra clothes and well, a big fucking gun, she didn't feel a need for it yet, this was an investigation not a raid.
"How... do they... well... govern themselves without nerve impulse..."
She questioned anyone who'd have a theory, because to her it just didn't make sense.

Defect by Design
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!