Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Screw This, Let's Just Make A Roleplay.

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Screw This, Let's Just Make A Roleplay.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:28 pm

So who's interested in forgoing all that nonsense about detailed backgrounds and bothersome crap that doesn't matter?
I just want to pick a setting and dive into writing. I want to just wing it, create a plot as I go, with the help of the other participants. I request that you be dedicated, as I am so fed up with ditchers, and I want you to be fairly literate. Spell check twice, don't do anything weird like put stars around everything and you should be fine.
Setting? I like scifi... how 'bout a team of metahuman paranormal-hunters in the year 2025 trying to find an elusive, sadistic villain who controls people's minds and is completely insane? Sound good? :D
If I can get 4 people, I'll make an OOC.
Last edited by Edelle on Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't spell neurotic
without erotic.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Edelle
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Screw This, Let's Just Make A Roleplay.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:58 pm

Hear hear! Diving right into adventure, no formalities, just unadulterated writing, right into the thick of it all! I like it! I'll be the villain! I'll be insanely sadistic and sadistically insane! I'll manipulate, and maim, and murder, and hurt, and twist, and lie, and be generally evil as well as use sentences that make grammatical sense unlike this one. So aye! You got one person!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:02 am

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! *Contains excitement*

Edelle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:10 am

Sounds interesting. And every villain needs equally evil but less intelligent, somewhat naive minions that do every little thing they dictate, right?
Want to know more? Read the book to find out.

There's a strange man sitting on the sofa munchiwunching on lomticks of toast!

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:13 am

Quick question, why 2015? Granted it's in the future, but it's only 6 years ahead. Not much can happen in so a small amount of time, so maybe it's just me, but it's not much scifi as far as the time goes. The other parts seem ok, but I just want to know if when I make two random guards shoot each other in the face they do so with 9mm Beretta's or with nifty laser/mini-railguns/insert crazy futuristic weaponry here. Or if when I attempt to make a school bus full of kids crash it'll be on wheels and not flying. Just wondering so I can at least tailor my evil a bit.

EDIT: Mind, your avatar is EPIC!

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:20 am

OOps! I meant 2025... I'll change that!

Edelle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GhaKha on Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:52 am

Can I be a villian? Not a main one, nah, a filler one?

^_^

GhaKha
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:59 am

Looks like I need to make application forms for Evil Bastards Inc. For the record, we offer no dental, in fact, we request that you pay us in teeth in order to work for us. Oh, and no unions. If you are ok with those terms, and the fact that accidental (not) injury is guaranteed, direct all inquiries to the Topic Maker, and pending approval, you will begin our training regimen consisting of butchering cute little fluffy bunnies.
Last edited by Dashmiel on Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:01 am

Everyone wants to be a villain... wow. We seriously do need some good guys here.

Edelle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GhaKha on Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:13 am

Actually, I could be a good guy.

^_^

GhaKha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:22 am

Then you'll have to sign a disclaimer form exempting Evil Bastards Inc from any liability for damages including but not limited to: Destruction of your personal property, perversion of your fragile mind, likely loss of limbs, ocular extraction, gratuitous evisceration, loss of pets, conversion of pets into evil robots that will eat you, death, and the theft of all your money and personal identity. Luckily, I got plenty of those forms. I got a copy for everybody! Aren't I the discerning business criminal master mind? Just sign on the dotted line please. Signing in blood is preferred. Thank you and have a good day, and remember, for all your nefarious needs, contact Evil Bastards Inc, your bastardly neighborhood super-villains.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:56 am

I'll join. I'll even be a good guy because your lacking them apparently.

Magix
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:09 am

Two bad guys, and two victims, er, good guys. Looks like we're getting a nice crew together.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GhaKha on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:38 am

Looks like you've never played with me before.

I have a habit of uhm... well.. let's just say fitting my enemies into buckets.

GhaKha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:43 am

Hey Dashmiel,
Think I could higher Evil Bastards Inc. to help me really %@$# with someone's head?

I have a few people to fit that role lol.

Magix
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyghtfang on Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:54 am

I'm in. I'll play a neutral character that is paranormal.
ImageImage

Nyghtfang
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hakoto on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:24 am

Never really tried one of these types of Rp's before. I just hope it doesn't die off at the start like some of my other Rp's. I can be anything, I've made my OC pretty flexible with his/their morals.

Hakoto
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!