Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Searching for a One on One

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Searching for a One on One

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle_me_thisx on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:12 pm

Hello there,

I'm Riddle (or Alice, if you like), and as you may have guessed, I'm looking for a long term one on one. So, I suppose I'll just outline what you can expect from me and what I'd like to find in a roleplay partner.

Firstly: I will not roleplay with anyone who cannot grasp the concept of punctuation. On a similar theme, I would appreciate it if you could use spell-check when role playing with me. The occasional typo is understandable, of course, but really...How long does it take just to proof read one's post?

Secondly: My typical roleplay response will be 2-3 paragraphs long. Please don't give me any less than this - I get rather irked when I send a nice, lengthy post and get a sentence or two in reply.

Thirdly: I roleplay either gender. I really don't have a preference.

And so on: I like creativity within roleplays - plots and twists are all good in my book. However, I don't want to be doing all the work. I want this roleplay to be a fun, combined effort.

Etc: I'm online pretty much every day of the week, and I'll usually manage to respond at least once a day. I look for the same in a roleplay partner. I'm impatient and I don't like to be left hanging. Having said this, I appreciate that sometimes the demands of real life have to take priority. ;)

Etc: I'd like this role play to take place over e-mail.

Etc: So far as limits go – we’ll keep this P.G-15, yes? =3

Phew, that took a while. Well, if you're still reading, kudos to you. So, now you're probably wondering what genres I do, I suppose?
Well, I do like fantasy in my roleplays; whether this comes in the form of a whole new world or whether the roleplay simply has a slightly fantastical element to it. If you'd like to see a list of genres, just follow this link http://madxasxaxhatter.webs.com/genres.htm.

The page I just directed you to is a little old...But I'm still very interested in the imaginary friend roleplay.
However, just because it's not on the list, it doesn't mean I won't roleplay it. I'd be very happy to come up with our own original plot and/or concept. Some sort of adventure in another world, time travel, a combination of the two...As I said before - lets create something fantastical.

Indeed...Well, I think I've said everything I want to say. If you're interested or have any questions, just post here or send me a note. =3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

riddle_me_thisx
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Searching for a One on One

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverStar89 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:09 pm

If you'd like, please check out my topic on this board just a few posts down. I think we have some things in common. If you see no genres that interest you, I'd be willing to go for Peter Pan. Never done that one before...tried once, but it died before it started. Hope to hear from you soon!
The world is like an oyster with a precious pearl inside. Let's not break it open with force but with gentle co-operation.

If I'm not replying as much, its because I'm currently back at college, so have more work to do.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SilverStar89
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle_me_thisx on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Hello there,

I would have sent you a private message, but apparently my account's not old enough, so yes...=3
I had a look at your topic and a medieval fantasy roleplay could be interesting...
Though I haven't done one of these in a long time, so I might be rather rusty. Did you have any sort of plot in mind?

Alternatively, a Peter Pan roleplay sounds good to me. I should warn you though, I don't really have a plot in mind for this genre, as it really all depends on who my roleplay partner is interested in playing.

riddle_me_thisx
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverStar89 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:35 pm

Here's what I have for the Medieval Fantasy idea(can also be adapted to be for the modern era)
Story:

A young eighteen year-old harbors a deep secret, one that others could use to their advantage to cause them harm. Once betrayed by a friend several years ago, (s)he is afraid to trust people, so makes herself scarce among them. With no family or friends, (s)he's tired of being alone in the world, and decides to stop this way of living and try to reconnect herself to people. As a traveler, she's constantly on the road, and arrives at a town for a night or two at a local inn, where (s)he meets someone who could be the key to opening his/her trust. But, being a pro-active person in his/her life, will she discover that not all people are bad and finally open up once and for all? With a strange presence lurking in the air, (s)he may be forced to make a decision for herself before someone gets hurt. (Note: all creatures listed in the first story exist in this world, too.)

Setting:

The country of Alteria is a beautiful place. Once the nation known for its flourishing population of magical creatures of all sorts, the humans have decided to live separate from non-humans, yet many still enjoy magic and learning the timeless art. Alteria has numerous types of terrain, including oceans, lakes, meadows, mountains and everything in-between. Our story begins in the small fishing town of Vestra, mid-evening, in the Soaring Eagle inn. There is a mild storm outside and should last well into the next day.

Peter Pan- I have a plot that we can work with, so feel free to make suggestions if you want.

It has been several years since Wendy first came to Nevervland, leaving her now at sixteen. Since Wendy's presence and thimble that saved him on the Jolly Roger, he too has also been aging, and now looks about the same age, possibly a little older. Peter is confused by these changes, and in those years more Lost Boys have arrived, giving him children to look after ever since Wendy took the others home. One night, Peter dreams of Wendy, and the memories come rushing back to him. He decides that he has to see her again, and when he does, begins to fall in love all over again.

Wendy, meanwhile, has finished her education and is at a loss as to what to do with her life. For some reason, she just doesn't feel like she belongs and can have an impact. Yet one night while repairing clothes for her brothers, she comes across a thimble from the same set she used the night Peter first arrived. It causes her to wonder about what has become of him, and if he still remembers her. Shortly after, Peter Pan comes back to Wendy's room, and takes her on another adventure in Neverland.

Ever since Hook's demise, the pirates have been getting stronger, and now have a new leader named Ragtail. Conflicts arise and a war between the pirates and Indians seems imminent. Neverland has also grown larger, and now has talking animals, a large coral reef and a much bigger population of fairy, one of which bonds to Wendy and has learned how to speak like the humans do. To complicate matters even further, the large mountain at the peak of Neverland is revealed to be a volcano, and one that is close to erupting. Only by restoring the balance which has caused Peter Pan to age can return the lands to the way they used to be and settle the disputes. But will help arrive in time, and the puzzle be solved?

So, tell me what you think, and we can try one or the other.

SilverStar89
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:43 pm

Hello! I would be interested in a Maurader's era Harry Potter role-play. I have a character that I created a long while ago with my friend who would be great for a pairing with either Remus or Sirius. And I don't mind playing multiple characters in a roleplay.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle_me_thisx on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Hmm, the Peter Pan plot sounds very interesting to me...
I'm assuming you'd like to play Wendy? Perhaps Peter believes Wendy will know how to stop him aging and resolves to go to London, intent on kidnapping her?
I have to say though, I absolutely adore this plot. =3

---

@ Jocelyn

Hello there - I've just received an awful lot of English coursework to do and I'm not sure I could do another onexone justice at the moment...
Perhaps I could PM you when I'm looking for my next roleplay? =3

riddle_me_thisx
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverStar89 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:05 pm

How about we go with that one, then? Yes, I'd prefer to play Wendy in this one, so Peter remembers how useful she was before, and thinks she will have an answer, so convinces her to come back with him.

SilverStar89
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle_me_thisx on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:12 pm

That sounds excellent. Unfortunately I have to go to bed now as it's rather late, but I'll certainly be online tomorrow afternoon.

riddle_me_thisx
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverStar89 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:32 pm

All right, sounds good. Post here or send me a message when you get back.

SilverStar89
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!