Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Secret Lives

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Secret Lives

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xImxLostxWithoutxYou on Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:29 pm

Sam leant against the desk at the library and stared at the clock. 8.45pm. 15 minutes left and then she could go. She looked outside and saw how dark it was. Great. Walking home in the dark again. It was nearly November. Sam hated it when she had to walk back at night, in the dark. Her parents were too busy to pick her up and she didn't expect her friends to come down and pick her up. She'd done the walk plenty of times in the day and night. This one would be no different surely.

15 minutes later, Sam was packing up. Looking around, she made sure everything was tidy and ready for tomorrow before shutting off the lights as she walked out into the semi cold night. Sam turned, locked the doors and then went down the steps, heading off down the street, looking forward to getting home. One thing though, was that Sam was terrified of what was out in the dark. The library was in the middle of town, in the average part of town, but close to the rough side. A little too close to that side for her liking. She knew that if she was seen by anyone, they'd be able to tell she was a little rich girl, and then... Sam didn't even want to think about it.

Putting her headphone into one ear, her right, she quietly started singing to some music in an attempt to make her feel beter and safer. Music tended to sooth her nerves, but tonight, it wasn't working at all.
Lectures have started so can't reply as much!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Private Roleplay between Lostie and Mr D

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:14 pm

Leon sat at the table, pouring over his books with a studious expression. numerous volumes of psychology journals laid in disarray on the table and his notebook was filled with shorthand notes and scribbled words and page references. Leon rested his cheek on his knuckles as he turned the page of another textbook, tapping his pen against his head in boredom and anxiety. His eyelids felt heavy and his head ached from the constant reading. He coughed loudly. I must be coming down with something, he thought to himself as he rubbed his neck gingerly, his hand brushing against the silver cross that hung around his neck. He unbuttoned the collar of his black shirt.

Leon had been sitting in the same spot of the library for most of the evening save for the occasional trip to the shelves to retrieve another book. When the girl started to pack up around him he paid her little attention, not even looking up at her but decided it was time to call it a day. He leant back in his chair and massaged the back of his neck, his shoulder's aching from hours of sitting hunched in front of the table. He pushed open the door, basking in the cold night air that invigorated him.

The feeling was short lived tough and soon he felt the chill of the night air in his bones. He shivered, cursing his short sightedness in neglecting to bring a coat. He hadn'texpected to spend so long in the library and the day had been relatively pleasant. He reached into his pocket and removed a cigarette, slipping it into his mouth as he rumaged for his lighter. He flicked the zippo open and shielded it from the wind as he struck the flint, angry red sparks jumping from the surface several times before it caught light. He inhaled deeply, savouring the rich taste of the smoke as it filled his lungs. It was a habit he had picked up from the other members in the syndicate. The men would frequently sit in Seishiro's study, talking with the old man about the organisation's business.

Leon thrust his hands into his pockets and ambled down the street, the heat of the cigarette keep him warm for the moment at least. A sudden flash of realisation hit him. He had left his notebook in the library. He cursed under his breath again and turned on his heel, pacing quickly back towards the library. He was hardly paying attention to where he was going as he strode purposefully to the building.
There was a signature here.

It's gone now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr D
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xImxLostxWithoutxYou on Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:22 pm

Sam had just got a couple of steps down the street when she noticed the boy that had left a few minutes before she had herself, was on his way back. She frowned a little, not sure why he was on his way back, and was a little nervous and scared as he headed her way. She was always scared and timid when around other guys, she didn't really know why, but she just was. Stopping, she wondered why he was heading back in a rush. As he approached her, she got the courage to ask him if he'd forgotten anything.

"Did you leave something behind?" She asked quietly, not realising that he might not have heard her because she was so shy and quiet. She just looked up at him, waiting for an answer, hoping that she hadn't just made herself look stupid in front of him.

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:51 pm

Leon was too caught up in his thoughts to hear her words, as quiet as they were. He walked straight into her, stumbling back a step as he regained his balance. A flash of anger crossed his face and he prepared to snap angrily at whoever had gotten in his way. However his expression softened considerably when he saw the girl. She was quite attractive he thought, a few years younger than himself, but not by much. He didn't quite know what to say. His normal response would have been to shout at her.

Mr D
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xImxLostxWithoutxYou on Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:57 pm

Sam froze a little, scared by him when she saw his expression after he bumped into her. She, herself went silent, not quite sure what to say. When she saw that his features softened a little, she decided to ask again.

"Did you leave something in the library?" She asked. "I saw you leave before I left..." She added, rambling a little been as she didn't quite know what to say. "Sorry that I bumped into you as well. I wasn't looking where I was going. I didn't hurt you right?"

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:04 pm

"No. I'm fine." He said, looking a little put out as he brushed his shirt down. "I should be the one apologising. You're OK right?" He asked. He was considerably taller than her, standing as he did a considerable six foot two.

"I left my notebook in there, but it looks like its closed now." He said with obvious annoyance. He still hadn't made the connection between the girl and the library, having paid little attention to her when he was in the building.

"Looks like I'll have to come back another day." He said with an irritated sigh.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xImxLostxWithoutxYou on Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:07 pm

"I'm ok..." Sam replied, lying slightly as she was only a small 5'5 and quite thin. "I woke at the library. I closed up so I can open it back up for you so you can get your notepad if you need it." She answered. "It won't take long."

Sam opened her bag and took out her keys, turning around, she went up the stairs back to the library and opened up the doors, switching the lights on again. ...Now I'll be walking home alone in the dark even later... she thought, sighing to herself.

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:35 pm

"Thank you." Leon said begrudgingly, heading tot he deskwhere he had been working and retrieving his notebook. He hurried back to the door so that the girl wouldn't have to wait any longer. "Sorry to hold you up any longer." He said, removing the cigarette from his mouth and shaking out his hair. He made his way down the steps of the library before stopping and looking back.

"Oh, that's right. Would you like me to walk you home? I've held you up quite a bit." He said with sudden consideration for her situation.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xImxLostxWithoutxYou on Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:38 pm

Sam looked at him, really not liking that he was smoking, but didn't say anything. She turned out the lights again and locked the place up. Looking at him when he offered to walk her home, she had to think about it. He was a stranger. She knew nothing about him. He had offered to walk her home. She was debating it. Normally, she would have declined, but it was pitch black except for the street lights.

"Uh...Yes please...It'd make me feel safer." She finally answered, heading down the steps to where he was. "I'm Sam." She added, feeling that she had to introduce herself.

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:02 pm

"Leon." He replied flippantly, placing the cigarette back in his mouth. He walked on wordlessly, waiting for the girl to catch up and direct him. The street lights, while garish and bright did little to illminate the dark paths and streets, making the place a haven for muggers and other criminals. Thanks to his ubringing Leon had plenty of experience with the seedy underbelly of the city and knew that this area, while quite affluent was still relatively dangerous. And yet this girl was willing to walk through it by herself. She was either very brave or didn't know what she was getting into.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xImxLostxWithoutxYou on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:09 pm

Sam knew what she was getting into every time she walked this route. She had the sense to know that she shouldn't walk it at night, but she had no choice really if she wanted to keep her job. Sam was proud at the fact that she had a job and could be responsible. Also she was proud of the fact that she didn't rely on her parents fortunes.

She caught up with Leon and walked silently with him, a little ahead so she could give the directions. She was glad that she was with him, really glad, though he could have been a killer or a rapist for all she knew. But something told her she'd be safe. She just hoped she was right. Sam glanced at his notebook and saw something written about Psychology.

"So, you're studying to be a Psychologist then?" She asked quietly to break the silence, though the way she asked it, and the tone of her voice, it was like she was expecting to be in trouble for asking. But she was like that around all strangers, and guys, timid and shy.

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:16 pm

"Hm?" Leon looked at her with surprise, then realised his notebook was visible. "Oh, right. Sometihng like that." He replied tersely. To tell the truth he wasn't really sure what he wanted to do with his life. He was expected to succeed his adopted father Seishiro in managing the organisation, however in the meantime he had decided to use his time in university to follow his interest in psychology.

"Why are you so nervous?" He asked abruptly, noting her odd behaviour. He hadn't considered that he might seem threatening or imtimidating to her.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xImxLostxWithoutxYou on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:20 pm

"I don't usually let a guy I've never met before walk me home. I know nothing about you and you could be a killer for all I know, so if you were, I think I'd be pretty much screwed right now as no one is in sight and I doubt I could defend myself if you attacked me." Sam pretty much rushed what she said, a little more nervous now, because of what she'd said, if he was going to kill her or whatever, he was definitely going to now after she had revealed all that, and let him know that she was pretty much screwed if he chose to.

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:37 pm

Leon chuckled coldly. "Well. I suppose that's true." He said, considering for a second. "I can walk on the other side of the road if you'd prefer." He offered. He took another drag of the cigarette and dropped it to the floor, subbing it out with his foot. He coughed again. Yep, definately a cold, he thought. Perfect. He carried on walking without speaking for fear of making her more nervous. He was generally rather quiet and reserved in his manner, a fact thattended to make others nervous in his presence. He rubbed his hands together and placed them back in his pockets, shivering again in the cold air.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xImxLostxWithoutxYou on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:45 pm

"No. It's ok. You can walk on this side. I must admit, I do feel safer with you walking me home. Normally I have to walk home alone and I don't like it." She replied, continuing to walk, finally turning and starting to head to the nicer part of town - and the richer area. She relaxed a little now with Leon been as he hadn't attacked her, and they'd moved into a neighbourhood, which was better lit. She felt that she could relax more now.

"Thanks for walking me home, I know you didn't have to. But it did mean a lot to me." She added, just as she came to a stop in front of a large white mansion, the lawn perfectly cut and the whole house nicely looked after. "It was nice meeting you." She answered, doubting that he'd ever actually talk to her again after tonight, even if she saw him in the library again.

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:51 pm

"Yeah. Nice meeting you." He waved apathetically as he carried on walking. He knew he was being rude, but he wasn't certain what to do at this point. If he'd hung around it would have looked odd and more than a little creepy, so he carried on walking. He would probably see her again. He had been spending more and more time in the library recently due to his studying.

"Thanks again for helping me find my notebook." He called back to her.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xImxLostxWithoutxYou on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:58 pm

Sam sighed watching him walk away before heading inside.

You found him cute... Her mind told her.

Shut it. No I didn't. She told herself.

Yes you did. In that creepy stupid sort of way, you like him.

No I didn't now quit it. She answered.

Sam just went into the kitchen, noting her parents weren't home again. She made herself a ham sandwich before going upstairs and doing her homework. Once she'd finished, she grabbed a shower and headed to bed.

The next morning, Sam woke up and got dressed. It was a Saturday, so she didn't have to be at the library until Lunch time. But again, she was finishing at 9pm. Sam sighed, she'd most likely be walking home again by herself, especially if Leon wasn't there. She didn't know what it was about him, but she wanted him to be there. She couldn't understand why, she never really thought about guys. She didn't want to get involved. Dressing in a light pink shirt and a pair of jeans, she packed a bag and headed out. She grabbed lunch at the mall before heading to the library.

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:36 pm

Leon carried on down the street that led from the suburbs to the main city. He lived in the Uptown district that sat between the waterfront and the city centre. The cars speeding past him on the high street threatened to spray him with runoff water and the icy wind cut through his thin clothing, numbing his body to its core. He grunted angrily at his own stupidity as he trudged home.

When Leon arrived home he took the elevator up to his apartment, eager to shake off the cold and warm himself up. He sighed with relief when he reached the penthouse, wasting no time to light the fireplace and wrap himself in something warm. He sank into his sofa and switched on the television, flicking between channels absent mindedly.

Sam, he thought. She was very pretty despite herself. It was clear that she didn't really make the most of her appearance in the way most girls would. But that added to her charm in a way. He pushed the thought from his mind and made his way to bed. He was too tired after a day of studying to be thinking about hopeless matters like that. He cast off his clothing, leaving it in a heap on the floor as he fell onto the bed. Within moments he was asleep.

Leon awoke the next morning with a sneeze. His cold hadn't gotten any better it seemed. He downed an aspirin to help with his headache and trod wearily into the shower. He wasn't a morning person by any definition of the term. The warm water invigorated him though and he felt the steam relieve his blocked sinuses. He slipped on his trousers and stepped out of the room, towelling his head vigourously when the phone rang.

"Hello. Leon Minato speaking." He said, his voice was soft but deep with a slightly lyrical, lilting quality to it.

"Tonight? Send me the details." He said, his soft spoken mannerisms taking on a more serious tone.

"Got it." He said, hanging up the phone. Well that put his plans out. He had wanted to spend the day studying like yesterday, though in the back of his mind he knew it was because he wanted to see that girl again. He laughed slightly at himself. He was a self confessed romantic, though he didn;t like others to see that side of him. He cosnidered it all a bit childish but nonetheless found himself drawn to the concept of love at first sight.

"Another day perhaps." He sighed, slipping into a loose fitting tracksuit and hooded top. It was time for his morning run.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xImxLostxWithoutxYou on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:48 pm

Sam arrived at the library early and despite herself, she looked around and found Leon wasn't around. Maybe he'd come in later. She grabbed a couple of books and sat down, reading them for a while before starting her day at work.

When midday came, Sam got behind the desk to the library and started sorting things out before resorting to stacking books on the shelves after they were checked in. Once she'd finished that, she made sure the books on the shelves were in the right places. It was a boring job to some, but Sam enjoyed it. The library was peaceful, and some days when there was not much to do, she could get a book and read it there. She loved it, it was just the walks home she hated.

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:03 pm

The rest of the day passed relatively uneventfully, at least as far as Leon was concerned. He had been given details of his latest target and had spent most of the day doing as much reconnaisance on the man as he could. It was a routine for him. When the time came it was late evening and the sun had already set. The cold night air blew about him as he stood on the roof of the skyscraper, setting is rifle down on the edge of the building he drew a bead on the target's head with his scope. Adjusting for distance. Compensating for wind speed and direction. Long, shallow breaths.

Bang. The short, sharp report of the rifle reverberatedin the night air.

Time seemed to stop for Leon as he watched the man through his scope. It was always a heart stopping moment as he waited for them to fall. Had he hit them? Had he missed? Would anyone notice him? The fact that he was hidden amongst a hundred identical rooftops in the pitch black of the city night didn't comfort him. He always felt this fear, this feeling that someone, somewhere was watching him. Maybe it was God. He was never very religious, but even he had to admit the sensation chilled him to the bone. He packed away the rifle methodically and dropped the case off at the alotted drop point where it would be picked up and disposed of. Less evidence that way.

Leon walked calmly away from the scene even as he heard sirens in the distance. One more job done, one more death to add to his conscience.

It was a routine, but that didn't mean he felt good about it.

Leon wandered the city, eventually finding himself sitting in a small diner near the library. It was close to closing time now and he wondered if soemwhere Sam was walking home on her own. He sipped the warm coffee, his cashmere overcoat draped over his shoulders.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!