Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Secrets

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Secrets

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mattyman24 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:37 pm

All around us. All the time, lingering in the air, waiting to deliver. Sometimes they hurt, sometimes they kill. But sometimes, very rarely, they make things better. They're called secrets. Everyone has one, or has had one. No-one can not have any, you can't tell someone every single moment of your life.

For instance, one boy- Daniel Scott. Secrets covering him. And all secrets kept from him.

And I'm going to tell you his biggest one, ready?

He is _______.

Confused? Don't be...

Secret's can leak out.
"Never read my posts. If I tell you not to you probably will anyway. If you do though, you will have read it, which means you will have ignored my comment at the start of this sentence. Which means you will have read it and just done the same thing that I told you not to do that you did. Which you will again, until you ignore the thing you are reading now which you will repeat, and you wont be doing the wrong thing because you already ignored the right thing, which is totally wrong."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mattyman24
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Secrets

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mattyman24 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:37 pm

((It's jump in, so just go, mate.))

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mattyman24
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekochan92 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:02 pm

Avalon was trying hard not to touch her new piercings, but she couldn't help but reach up to the studs that rested beneath her bottom lip. She giggled. Getting the snake bites done was a rash idea, but she had no one to tell her not to. Her long, dark red hair rustled with the fall wind and she shivered. It was so nice when she had left her house this afternoon, so she had worn short sleeves. She passed by an apartment building where she heard someone talking to themselves, sounding worried. She stopped and peeked around the corner to continue listening.

Nekochan92
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mattyman24 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:37 am

Daniel grunted and turned a corner, into that alleyway. His intention was just to walk straight through but this was too strong for even him to handle. Daniel lay his hand on the door now rusted almost fully over, drowning in past memories. The alleyway wasn't even lit, and no-one really seemed to go through it except him.
The Mental Killer, that's what they called him. And Daniel was one of the only ones who had got away, as the way he tortures people...

No. Best to not go into detail...Daniel thought, and gathered his courage, lay his hand by his side and walked the rest of the alley.

Mattyman24
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekochan92 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:20 pm

Avalon turned to leave, bored by the uninteresting conversation that person was having with their self, but she started to feel dizzy. She started to cough. She put her hands in front of her mouth to stifle it, but she felt a glob of something warm and sticky. Sure enough, when she looked, there was blood. She sighed and carefully pulled tissues out of her bag, wiping off her hands. This was happening more and more frequently. She hadn't told anyone or seen any doctors because she didn't want to take medications. She wanted to get to do what she wanted before she died. She felt nausea take over and was thankful that she hadn't eaten yet. She sank down to the ground as she tried not to dry heave. It would be a while before she went home.

Nekochan92
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekochan92 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:34 am

At the sound of a voice, Avalon looked up to see a young man. It took her a moment to realize he was asking if she was okay. She hesitated before answering, "Well... Yes and no. This is normal for someone like me, but don't concern yourself. I won't be here much longer at this rate." A small smirk played on her lips, "When Lupus spreads to your lungs, you tend to cough up blood a lot." She was rather surprised to find herself telling her biggest secret to a stranger, but that was the beauty of it. She didn't know him, so he wouldn't miss her. She was just another passerby, not quite twenty-one, no real experiences in her life until she realized she was dying. "I'll go home after the nausea passes. What's that?" She pointed to a piece of paper in his hand, forgetting her own still had blood on it.

Nekochan92
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mattyman24 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:13 am

Daniel stopped at the end of the alley and looked around. Damn. The street was full of people, bustling shoppers, work drivers, elderly pensioners. Any one of them could be one of THEM. Daniel sighed, he was never a good boy from as long as he can remember. Not bad as a kid, you know, the small bad things adults just smile and go, "Aww..." At. But still, as he grew, it got to fighting, breaking windows. Daniel got to know the police probably better than they knew themselves.

"No. I have to go back." Daniel muttered, already starting to feel dozy. "Damn Demophobia." (A fear of crowds.) He grunted again and turned back, running through. His lungs were playing up and his severe case meant even a few or least two could hurt him. He ran out of the alley.

Mattyman24
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekochan92 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:55 pm

Avalon watched him frown as he read the small note. She managed to stand up, "Are you in some kind of trouble?" She forced back a wave of nausea and closed her eyes. "If you are... I can help, if you want." She took a deep breath. She would not throw up in public. She liked helping people in trouble, even if she wouldn't accept help herself. She was too stubborn and independent. This guy looked like he was deeply in trouble. " Oh my god, I'm so rude!" She held out her hand that wasn't covered in blood, and smiled. "Avalon Weiss."

Nekochan92
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekochan92 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Avalon got in the car without argument. Her amber eyes sparkled with excitement. "Do you get chased often? This is starting to be a pretty cool night!" She sat back in the seat, and gave a sideways glance at Pierce. "You know, I'm pretty sure that guy was only after you. You could've left me there. So why didn't you? I'm no one." It wasn't that she wasn't grateful he did, just curious. She had been alone most of her life, she never had anyone to depend on besides herself.

Nekochan92
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekochan92 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:21 am

Avalon had raised an eyebrow when he suggested that the adrenaline rush turned her on, "So what if it does? And thanks for not leaving me behind, this is way fun! Best night I've had in a while." She smiled and reached for the radio knob to search for a jazz station.

Nekochan92
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mattyman24 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:00 am

Daniel looked around and checked for any way to get home without any run- ins with people. There was a shout and he saw a boy and a girl run off somewhere. Daniel noticed another alleyway at the other side of the road, he grunted. Daniel ran across and and started through the alley, passing spiders and small foxes routing through bins. Every day of my life has something in it, Daniel thought. Might as well make a film about me...

Daniel crossed the alley and ended up on a road, he looked around, home was left from here, right was into town. He ran towards a corner and noticed the forward- left way out of the village. Daniel shrugged and headed that way, they might be waiting for him at home. Daniel started forward, and then immense pain exploded through him as he rolled over something. A car. A Honda with a boy and a girl inside, and blood on the windscreen.

Mattyman24
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mattyman24 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:26 pm

Daniel rolled around in pain, clutching his chest. A guy had come over and tried to talk but all Daniel could hear was the roaring in his ears and pain all around him. "C-Ca..call...amm...b-bool-l...ance..." He wheezed, coughing up blood. His Demophobia also reacted but it fought against the blood in his head and kind of made it better. Daniel tried to sit up and grabbed the mans arm, in a terrible state.

Mattyman24
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekochan92 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:37 pm

Avalon had barely flinched and hastily pulled her cell phone out of her front pocket. She called 911 and reported what happened. After giving detailed directions, she got out. "There is an ambulance on the way." She frowned, "Should we wait or leave him here? We're kinda still on the run. I hate to sound like a bad person, but he should be fine. We don't know what will happen if we stick around." She looked down and picked at her jeans. It was the truth, but she still felt bad.

Nekochan92
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekochan92 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:13 pm

Avalon started to head back towards the car, but another coughing fit stopped her in her tracks. After wiping away more blood, turned to Pierce. "We should really go now, if they find me here they will want to take me along with him and force medication down my throat." Paramedics would recognize her condition immediately, with the blood on her hands and jeans. When she made sure she wouldn't cough again, she got back into the car and waited.

Nekochan92
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekochan92 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:31 pm

She chuckled at his words. "Yeah I probably should, but there isn't anything at my house. I ruin a lot of clothes. I have to buy new ones every week." She paused for a moment, "There is a consignment shop open late not too far from here. You might want new clothes too, so you're not as easily recognizable. " She fished her wallet out of her back pocket and checked inside. "I have sixty dollars and a credit card." Her stomach rumbled loudly and her face turned red, "Maybe we should go through a drive-through before getting that change of clothes." She hadn't eaten since yesterday and was really hungry.

Nekochan92
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mattyman24 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:58 am

Blackness. Then distant muttering and beeps. The last thing Daniel could remember was...lying on the ground somewhere, a Honda, lots of blood, a guy standing before him...apologising for something. What the hell was going on? Then Daniel remembered more, alleyway, Demophobia, THEM, and his situation. He tried to sit up and threw up around him, someone screamed. A hand pushed him back down and a calm but serious voice whispered in his ear.
"Easy...you're fine. You're in the hospital. We'll take care of you...you had a nasty hit to your arm and it's been broken, but apart from that your basically fine."
Daniel wasn't fine though. His face was starting to puff up as there were a good 7 people in there with him. Daniel tried to speak but it only came out as wheezes and coughs. Daniel was stuck in a room with his Demophobia acting up. The worst part was, there was no helping it, and the worst worst part was, Daniel was going to die.

Mattyman24
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekochan92 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:27 pm

As she was deciding what she wanted to eat, she asked. "What's wrong with you that you haven't found the right girl? Or is it that you're really picky? You seem fairly normal to me. I don't even have to tell you why I don't have anyone. No one wants a dying girl so I just don't even bother." She frowned for a moment. "I'll take that one." She said, pointing at the board. "But with the biggest drink they have so I can get the taste of blood out of my mouth. I'm going to turn onto my side and pretend I'm asleep so they can't see my shirt and assume you beat me." She chuckled a little and turned over. "Yeah right, a guy beating me. Hehe."

Nekochan92
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mattyman24 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:31 am

Chips in a drive-through...nice, yeah? This is not one of those situations.

Daniel sat up for the last time he thought he could and when the doctor came to gently push him back down again, he flinched as a bucket-load of sick came powering his way. Nice. Daniel wheezed and rolled off the bed, gathering strength again as the two painful forces collided. Nurses started to notice but backed away as Daniel stumbled and fell into a cabinet, breaking glass on the end wall. "An exit!" Daniel murmured, his cheeks puffing up and lungs also inside. Growing short of breath, his face turned a vague blue colour. Daniel sprinted out of the room and into a brightly lit corridor, out a large side door and onto a huge column of stairs going up. Great.

Mattyman24
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekochan92 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:39 pm

Avalon ate slowly, "You're right, you shouldn't have to search. If you're meant for someone you'll meet." She paused. "I hope that guy we hit is okay. I still feel terrible just leaving him there, but I didn't see any other choice." She didn't want to mention that she changed the subject because she was starting to get uncomfortable. She didn't want to breach such deep subjects with someone she barely knew, although it was looking like she was going to be stuck with him for a while. When she finished her food, she gave directions to the clothing store, then sat in silence on the way there. She felt better, but was brooding on her current situation now that she had time and could think clearly.

Nekochan92
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekochan92 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:36 am

She smiled slightly, "Like I would back out now. I just don't want to get close to anyone, and I've been way too open with you already. You don't need a dying girl as a friend, are you sure you want me with you?" She sipped at her drink and looked at him. It wasn't that she didn't want to be friends with Pierce, because she really did. Before she started having symptoms she had lots of friends. It was that she had already accepted dying, and having friends might change that. She could already tell that her mind was changing, just from one night. She hadn't felt so alive in a long time, it was amazing. "Because if you really do, I'm not going to leave you to figure this out on your own. I'm in this with you until its over."

Nekochan92
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!