Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Seeking People for Modern Fantasy RP

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Seeking People for Modern Fantasy RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falling Sky on Sun May 02, 2010 6:05 pm

Humans live their everyday lives oblivious to the supposed 'mythical species' living amongst them. If news got out that the creatures from their ever-loved fiction novels got out there would be mass chaos. For that reason the leaders of the Night World have made exposure to the humans a crime punishable by death. Since the beginning of time this is the way things have been, but an odd occurence has been threatening the balance of both sides way of life. The 'Soulmate principle' is described as the everlasting bond between two creatures, once they met they are bound together even after death. Recently people of the Night have been bonding with humans and struggling to keep their true selves hidden. As an extreme precaution, the Night leaders have ordered all creatures with human soulmates to both be eliminated. For this reason many of Night people stay away from their human mates and watch longingly from a distance. There are some though, that dare to go against the law and openly have a relationship with their soulmates.

Within the witch society are three Circles to which all witches belong to. Circle Twilight, which consist of peaceful witches. Circle Midnight, which is made up of witches who practice dark magic. And lastly, Circle Daybreak, this is a renegade group who believe in teaching humans magic and peace between the two worlds. Circle Daybreak is kept secret from the Night council since all of its members are breaking one of the two strict rules-never allow humans to gain knowledge of the Night World's existence. Circle Daybreak provides safe havens for humans and their Night world mates, but the risk of being found out and put to death is still very high. The Night council and its loyal followers are not the only ones you should worry about, there is another threat. Hunters, both human and creature, are always lurking around, killing the innocent. Human hunters do it as a way to rid the world of as many mythical species as they can. Non-human hunters tend to kill their own for different reasons, they may be heartless enough to accept money from humans to kill their own, or maybe they despise what they are. Whatever the the reason may be, hunters are very dangerous and unfortunately, everywhere.

Can you survive?

OOC link: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/enter-the-night-night-world-roleplay-ooc-open-t41716.html

Feel free to ask me any questions and please join ^_^
Can'tYouTellTheSkyIsFalling?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Falling Sky
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Seeking People for Modern Fantasy RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Tue May 04, 2010 1:09 am

I'll be sending in my profile to the ooc.

But--- I've got questions:

Do old souls always reincarnate after death?

How does the soulmate principle and the Old Soul work? Since they are bound even after death, can one reincarnate without their soulmate? does it drag the soulmate along for the reincarnation ride if one of them is an old soul?

How closely bound are their lives? If someone has found their soulmate and then dies, does their partner die too or continue living?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Seeking People for Modern Fantasy RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falling Sky on Tue May 04, 2010 7:25 pm

I'm excited to see your profile! As for your question...

Once an Old Soul dies yes they do reincarnate afterwards into another life, the death-then-rebirth cycle goes on as long as that individual person wants it to. Usually its because they want to watch after their loved ones or have some unfinished business to tend to, or maybe they just aren't ready to move onto the afterlife. They can stop the cycle only by letting go of whatever desire, or fear, they have that keeps them being reborn.

Since soulmates, once found, are bound forever once an Old Soul dies the bond between him and the other mate never breaks, it does carry over into that persons next life. The only problem is that once an Old Soul is reborn they may be in a completely different place from their mate and have to figure out a way to find them again.

If ones soulmate dies the other can go on living, but they won't be able to fall in love with anyone else, so often you'll find that many people commit suicide if their mate dies. But no, they don't automatically die.

I hope I gave you some good answers, if not I'd be happy to try and explain things differently.

Falling Sky
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!