Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Seeking players for Sword of Truth RP. (Intrest check)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Seeking players for Sword of Truth RP. (Intrest check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edynol on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Looking for decent roleplayers for a long term RP based on the Sword of Truth series. I prefer that everyone be able to do 200+ words in most posts, but it's not a requirement. I'm fine with shorter posts here and there, as long as you don't make a habit of it. This will be an fantasy/adventure/romance rp, but won't be completely centered around romance. Please read the entire post before replying.

OC's are preferable, but I am willing to allow lower-end canons.(For example Chace's daughter Rachel who would be all grown up now.) In other words, only those who played minor role in the series.

All characters must fit into the SoT world. That means only humans(And wisps if if you wanna play one of those), and no classes like mages, warlocks, druids, etc. Also, no other children of Richard and Kahlan. But if you wanna be the offspring of other couples in the series, feel free. I am also allowing mord-sith and confessors. In this RP, they have made a new line of confessors and mord-sith are no longer tortured, but trained as an elite guard and have the same abilities as traditional mord-sith. The Main character of this RP, who'll be played by me, will have a mord-sith npc as his partner/mate. But if someone wants to take over that role, I will allow it if you come up with a good bio for her. I know this may seem restrictive, but if you've read the series, you know there are plenty of options to choose from.

Also, no god-moding. As the GM here, I will be the only who's allowed to do that and I won't do it often, if ever. The only time I do that is if a player, for example, dodges and avoids all incomming attacks, or if a major event happens, like some big baddie appearing and attacking us.

As far as romance goes, it is encouraged, but only if you do it tastefully. And please don't do it too often, like everytime we stop for the night or at every inn we visit. If I get the impression you're only in this for the romance, I'll kill ya off. Also, don't try to force a romance with another player. Make your intrests known, and if they respond in kind, then continue on. But if they don't respond or show disintrest, just leave it at that and move on.

The plot is as follows: This is Next Generation/alternate reality RP based on the Sword of Truth series.

After their defeat of the Emperial Order, Richard and Kahlan were finally able to settle down and start a family. And as Shota feared, the bore a son who was not only a gifted Confessor, but also had both sides of the gift. They named him Edynol. After repeated attempts by Shota to kill their son, Richard and Kahlan finally decided to take action against the witch woman. Seeing her possible demise in a vision, Shota vanished, abandoning her home in Agaden Reach.

As the years passed, they saw no signs of Shota despite years of searching. They finally decided that she had given up and exiled herself from the Midlands. The world was now at peace, the D'Haran empire stronger than ever as Richard and Kahlan worked ceaselessy to to bring prosperity to the lands and cleanse a long standing stain of blood from the reputation D'Hara and the Rahl bloodline. And with the Help of Zed and Nathan, Richard was able to rediscover the magic for making Confessors, making a few new bloodlines of Confessors to help keep the nations at peace.

Edynol Rahl, the hier to D'hara, is now all grown up, and has taken his father's place in traveling the world, safeguarding the free lands from lingering threats. Wielding the Sword of Truth, after Richard advocated his role as Seeker to give his full attention to Kahlan and D'Hara and Zed choosing him, Edynol now travels the lands of both the New and Old Worlds. But little does he know that Shota, still determined to see him dead for what he is and driven mad from her own visions of her demise and misguided notions she was saving the world from terror, still lingers in the shadows, waiting for her opportunity to strike.

Please post here with your character or PM me if you're interested in joining.

This is my character.

Name: Edynol Rahl
Occupation: Seeker/Wizard/Confessor/Heir to D'Hara(And a whole bunch of other stuff. lol.)
Height: 6'3"
Hair: Dark Brown, falling about half way down his face.
Eyes: Grey
Description: Almost a splitting image of his father, Richard Rahl, but slightly smaller in build and a slightly smaller nose. He has a pleasant personality and a sunny disposition, but is intolerant of fools and those who seek to harm people for no good reason. He enjoys being around people, but often seeks solitude when a problem arises he needs to figure out. He is quick to anger, but almost always keeps a clear head and doesn't act until he deems it neccessary. He prefers people to call him by his name, but has long since accepted the title of 'Prince Rahl', his title under his father's 'Lord Rahl'.

He often wears commoner clothes, but has threads he wears for formal events. He very rarely makes his identity known, keeping his sword sheathed and head down while in other cities or villages. He usually goes by different aliases, except for places where he his known, and despite a noble air, he doesn't look down on anyone and is willing to offer a hand if someone needs help, no matter what the task is.

From the few years he spent amongst the Mud People, and Richard's experience as a woods guide, Edynol is adept in living off the land and tracking. If he has a choice between sleeping in the woods or staying at an inn, he usually chooses the woods, if the weather allows it. He also very mild mannered, most of the time, and rarely orders anyone to do anything unless the situation demands it. He is very much like his father, if not a bit head strong at times, but knows his limits and that he still has alot to learn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Edynol
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

I am interested... But I have not finished the series, I just started Soul of the Fire. Am I still able to join since it is an alternate reality sort of rp? I might have questions for you regarding what's okay and such since I haven't gotten that far yet >.> in the books but I don't mind generic spoilers, like what I just read maybe (of course if you read fantasy you know the good guy is going to win in the end).
"Lips that Shakespeare taught to speak have whispered their secret in my ear." -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Seeking players for Sword of Truth RP. (Intrest check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edynol on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:38 pm

Yeah it's cool. By SotF you most likely know all the main characters and stuff and how magic and stuff works so it's cool.

Edynol
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:26 am

Alrighty! Then in that case, I'm in. I don't know who all the regular characters are, besides older Rachel and Shota. I might be one of them, but I have not decided yet... Who are the other regulars?

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edynol on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:34 pm

Well like I said, as far as major characters go, I'm not big on people playing canons. Besides, most of them will be kinda old by now. The youngest amongst them would be in their 40's. But for some of the lesser characters, Like Chace's daughter Rachel, it's fine. But if you wanna be the child of a couple(like Cara and General Meiffert, for example), then by all means make one. If you want a better understanding of this rp, http://sot.wikia.com/wiki/Books is a good source, if you don't mind a few spoilers.

Shota will be an NPC, I have plans for her and all. As for Rachel, you are free to play her if you want. Her and Chace come back in book 8 or 9, I forget which, and Rachel, even though she's only like 8 or 9, has become good with knives as Chase has been training her. So I've been planning for her to be part of the Elite Guard. But if you wanna play her and have other ideas, then by all means have your way. :) It is learned in the last book that Rachel is the rightful queen of Tamarang, but I'm keeping her as an adventurer who only uses her title when it might be of use. Being raised by Chase, she's not the type to sit on a throne and deligate and isn't queen by choice.

Edynol
Member for 13 years

Lol, that is the truth! I'm wondering what came of the Mord Sith, actually. Did Richard ever let them train more girls or did they become a dying breed? And what of the Confessors? (Or tell me which book I can find that info in and i'll use your link since I know it's annoying to answer a question you've already answered...)
And awesome, I guess I missed that part about you wanting more original characters.

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edynol on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:56 pm

And yeah, Mord-sith and Confessors are explained in the original post.

In this RP, they have made a new line of confessors and mord-sith are no longer tortured, but trained as an elite guard and have the same abilities as traditional mord-sith.

And with the Help of Zed and Nathan, Richard was able to rediscover the magic for making Confessors, making a few new bloodlines of Confessors to help keep the nations at peace.

Edynol
Member for 13 years

Ah gotcha *feels dumb* sorry I missed it/ it didn't register

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edynol on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:50 pm

Heheh no prob. So what kinda character are ya gonna make?

Edynol
Member for 13 years

Probably a Mord-Sith. Are you going to wait for more interest or are you just going to make it?

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edynol on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:58 pm

Well I think I'm gonna go ahead and make it. If more people wanna join, then we can bring 'em in. But if not, I don't mind 1x1 roleplays.

Edynol
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edynol on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:12 am

Anyone else up for this since Scarlet doesn't seem to want to?

Edynol
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:37 pm

? You never made the RP, I've told you multiple times that I want to join.

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Veld on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:43 pm

I would have been very interested in this story line, except for the few minor details that changed my mind. Maybe I read this stuff wrong? Here are the problems I had with it, just in case I did not read it right.

The types of characters we are allowed to play are very restrictive.
We cannot make a character (such as a mage) that can use magic. You are the only one allowed to. (I personally would not consider confessors powers enough to make the story fun for myself.)
I dislike the way you changed the mord-sith. (My opinion.)
It just seems to me that you want a group of nobodies to follow your all powerful character around. It does not sound like a fun story line for anyone but you. I can honestly see why no one else has shown interest.

Veld
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!