Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

"Shadowchaser" A poem by Gary L. S. West

a topic in Poetry, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

For the assorted types of poetry.

"Shadowchaser" A poem by Gary L. S. West

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tejas on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:32 am

Shadowchaser
By; Gary L. S. West

I chase the shadows of my life
Like an image in the window
I walk on paths as thin as ice
I am the chaser of shadows

The shutters swing this way and that
Like a branch sways as the wind blows
I cannot see where it is at

A hint of movement to my right
My own mind convinces me so
It flits away into the night

I do not know for what I look
Yet, here I'm searching to and fro
Like all the things that I forsook

I've chased so long that I forgot
All the pleasant things that I know
I've left my life behind to rot

All those things of which I was fond
Like seeking the ends of rainbows
Those good old days are all but gone

This empty house, like all that's passed
Grows dusty and dark as time flows
I know not just how long I'll last

Then 'pon my door there comes a knock
Outside, a shimmer of light glows
I hesitate with awe and shock
Am I the chaser of shadows?

Now for the door I start to reach
But I'm held back by this dark ghost
"Enter in now!" I loud beseech
I am the captive of shadows

The Son of God has come to me
Dressed in glowing ever-white robes
He has arrived to set me free
And to rescue me from shadows

This Man has opened every door
And now everywhere the light goes
These shadows all are now no more
He has chased away my shadows
Xal Yah alu xuil dos.
(May God go with you)
Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tejas
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Promethean

Re: "Shadowchaser" A poem by Gary L. S. West

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:27 pm

This is absolutely beautiful. I'm actually working on my fourth degree in relation to ministry/Bible studies, and I originally didn't think of the poem as being about that at all until I reached the end. It was so nice, and it definitely changed the picture in my mind from what I had thought originally. I wanted to take it both in an odd/scifi way and a past-chasing manner, but by the end it changed my entire vision to what it really was. =) Awesome job! (Also, it reminds me of something I once read. It was to the effect that Jesus is always there knocking, and even if we were to shut the door on Him, He'd still wait at our doorstep and keep trying.)
[Thank you, Master!]
I am to love, honour, cherish, obey
Until my death and beyond my decay.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cer
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!